“Expected much, received little.”
Review of Plaza Restaurant

Plaza Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 108 Restaurants in Oludeniz
Cuisines: Indian, Italian, Thai, Turkish
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Best of both world , the best of east and west cuisine around ( thai , indian ,italian , french and turkish )
UK/Oludeniz
“Expected much, received little.”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

A very sad experience. After the super reviews and seeing that this is part of a large hotel I expected to have a super evening and meal. My experience was far from this. I like to be positive but there is very little I can be positive about this place. I was with friends and the staff seemed more interested in their daughter than with getting things right. I didn't want Indian food as there are some very good specialist Indian restaurants in the area, the food we ordered came to us but it was wrong. Steaks were not cooked properly and when you are paying these prices and have the facilities this place does, they should be cooked to perfection. The wrong sauces came with the steaks, which we accepted as we didn't want to wait longer and others in the group had their meals. Reputation needs to be earned and then work still needs to be done to keep that. We felt that these were wallowing in their good comments and, for us at least, neither the food nor the service were acceptable. Why eat here there are some fantastic restaurants in Olu.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Willintohelp

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fantastic”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Just back from a two week stay at the Belcekez Beach Hotel, Olu Deniz, where we ate at the Pesto and Spice Restaurant. The food was absolutely amazing. So good we ate there Four times!
We were going to try other restaurants but after our first meal we just knew that we would be disappointed anywhere else....
The staff are friendly, atentitive and professional. The setting looking out at the sun setting whilst eating your meal is just perfect.
The shrimp tempura is gorgeous and my husband would definitely recommend the sardines. As for main courses it's really hard to say which is best... The seabass, the seafood risotto or the seafood spaghetti. They were all amazing..
My husband recommends the Balcekiz kabab or the steak. Bothcould not be faulted.
I couldn't manage dessert but my husband had the chocolate soufflé, which I tasted. It was heaven!
I have eaten in many fine restaurants but this is by far the best...Thank you Pesto and Spice.

• Visited July 2014
6 Thank beverley508
Spalding, United Kingdom
“Fab restaurant”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant several times while staying at Belcekiz Beach Hotel. I've had the Thai, Indian and Italian set menus and would highly recommend them all. The food is beautifully presented and tastes fantastic, the staff are excellent and the location and ambience of the restaurant are perfect, right by the sea. I'll be back next time I'm in Oludeniz.

4 Thank AlisonC1970
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“One of the Indian meals ever! ”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Plaza Spice and Pesto had an exceptional set menu offer which we all had. Between four people, we had four starters, four curries (one chicken tikka masala and one lamb madras), four rice portions and four ice cream desserts. The amount of food we were served was brilliant and the quality of first class.

As we only tried the Indian dishes, i cant say about any of the other dishes, however the Indian food was one of the best i have ever tried.

The staff were very professional and the location of the restaurant is great, however to get a sea front table, you would have to book or arrive earlier than usual.

Overall, an excellent quality restaurant in a great location on the front! Definitely would visit again!

4 Thank FatBoyFood
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Couldn't ask for better service or quality of food. Our waitress's name was emine and she was really lovely. Brilliant service.

• Visited July 2014