“Excellent Food! Great Service!”

Belcehan Beach Deluxe Cafe Bistro
Ranked #32 of 175 Restaurants in Oludeniz
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Having read the brilliant reviews before going to Oludeniz, we couldn’t wait to try out this new restaurant. It more than met our expectations!
The restaurant is situated at the top of the main strip, opposite the Karbel Sun hotel. There is no hassle or pressure to get you into the restaurant. Inside we found it to be a lovely, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Away from the noise of the main strip.

We were lucky to get a table the first time we ate at the Belcehan Cafe Bistro as there were two large parties booked in that night (a table of 16 and another of 10). On arrival we were greeted with smiles and made to feel very welcome. After we ordered our drinks and meals, a basket of bread and dips/feta were brought to the table which was lovely. For our starters we both ordered the ‘Chicken Wings’, they were very hot but really nice (big portion!). For our mains, I ordered the lamb Shank which was out of this world! This came on a sizzling dish, cooked in a delicious gravy sauce with chips and rice. Yes the menu does state roast potatoes but I much prefered having the rice/chips combo. The rice was delicious mixed in with the gravy. The lamb fell off the bone, it was so tender. My partner had a mexican main which I cant remember the name of sorry – it was a mixtue of chicken, rice, jalapenos, peppers cooked in a tomato type sauce, served with tortillas and chips. It was very hot but was told it was very good! The presentation of the dishes were lovely. The was no room for desert but we did enjoy the complimentary fruit platter – that was a lovely touch to a really enjoyable evening.

We went on to eat at the restaurant twice more (evening meals) during our stay and also had an afternoon lunch there before heading to the airpport.

I highly recommend the ‘Baked Mushrooms’ to start. They are baked in a gorgeous tomato/garlicy type sauce with cheese over the top.
I tried the Seabass which the waiter de-boned at the table for me (it was yummy) and also the Belcehan Special Steak (so so good!!) which was stuffed with cheese and cooked in the most delicious sauce. Other member of my group tried the Belcehan Special Chicken (similar to the special steak and also very good), chicken fajitas and the spaghetti carbonara. We never had a bad meal. All were really good and met with the same excellent quality and service.

When choosing wine for our meal (our 2nd meal there), the waiter gave us great advice on which one to order. It was much better than the wine we had ordered the previosly night. It complimented our meal so well.

On our last day, we decided to have lunch here before heading to the airport. The restaurant has a different menu in the day but they kindly let me order from the evening menu (thank you) because I really wanted the lamb shank before going home! We also ordered sandwiches (day time menu) for the airport which were wrapped up for us, along with some wetwipes and napkins. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff here, they are brilliant!

I cant wait to sample more of the delicious menu! Keep up the excellent work guys!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Just returned from Olu Deniz ate three times here one lunch two dinners by far
The best restaurant staff atmosphere presentation in fact nothing to fault. Thanks to all the staff for a great time see you again soon

Reviewed September 29, 2013

What a lovely meal. Very friendly staff and reasonably priced food. Presentation was great too!! Surprised at some bad reviews as this was our favourite meal of our holiday

1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is not No 1 in oludeniz it was ok but nothing special. In my opinion the hangout and the plaza spice and pesto provide the best quality food and service in the area . Best bar is at the hotel Oludeniz.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Four of us went for dinner one evening, nice looking restaurant, we sat outside at the front. From the outset the service was very slow, it took ages to order a drink and then to order the food. My husband and one of our friends ordered a version of shepherds pie, which when it arrived consisted of minced meat, a very thin layer of mashed potato and a very thick layer of melted cheese, both dishes contained huge chunks of garlic, not very nice at all. The other friend ordered lamb shank which was supposed to come with roast potatoes, not one in site, but again whole chunks of garlic were present. She was not impressed. I had the fajitas with chicken, it was ok but nothing special.

We gave up waiting for the free fruit that we had been told would be for dessert and asked for the bill. I am really surprised that this restaurant is No.1, I don't imagine we will go back again next time we visit Olu Deniz.