“Great Hotel, Really Friendly Staff and Amazing Holiday”

Marcan Resort Hotel
Ranked #32 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Preston, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel, Really Friendly Staff and Amazing Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Marcan Resort Hotel in early June for one week. We had such a lovely time there we really wished we had had time to stay for two weeks instead. I could not believe that things went so smoothly at a hotel that has only recently opened. We were so lucky as everything was so friendly and everyone got to know each other and it worked well for couples and families.

One of the real high points of our stay was the hotel entertainment offered during the day. While we had come to Olu Deniz to have an active holiday riding and paragliding etc we loved the activities around the pool. The team who ran this worked so hard and made it really fun. There was Aqua-aerobics which I refused to do on the first day but sat wishing I had done it as I watched my girlfriend having so much fun, and then loved it everyday, water polo which was really fun, and lots of other things for people like me who cannot just sun bathe and read a book.

The staff at the hotel were always really friendly and helpful and offered a very good standard of service. We had full board which I was a it reluctant to go for before hand but the food was very good with lots of choice from the buffet service. If you wanted safe options they were there and there was quite a good selection of Turkish/Eastern Mediterranean options with lots of salads and cooked meat dishes to choose from. The rooms were a good size with plenty of storage space and lots of coat hangers (we read a review that advised you to take some which we did). Our rooms was spottlessly cleaned each day.

Overall we look back on a really excellent holiday experience and we would both love to go back again soon and I would definitely stay at the Marcan Resort hotel again.

4 Thank Marcus91960

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the marcan from the 25th june to the 5th July with my fiance....the hotel overall was a very good 3 star not a four star in my opinion

The room was lovely with a great view

Had issues with our safe, it was locked and the default code would not work . complained to the management several times until I wanted a refund, they got the problem sorted.

There was issues with the sunbeds, you had to put your towels down by 6 or you had no beds. One morning I did this only to return and our towels had gone.
I found my fiances towel but mine had vanished. Complained to the reception but this fell on deaf ears. That same morning an announcement was made that no towel could be placed before 7 or it will be removed

The food was okay....good breakfast but lunches and dinners could have been different. An idea could be to have the snack bar food which comprised of pizza burgers or toasties moved to a lunch time along with the ice cream stand.

The staff where very friendly and helpful , but the management I found to be very rude and unwilling to help.

olu deniz is a lovely little town with great shops and restaurants. The sea is amazing along with the blue lagoon

For shopping head to hisaronu. It is cheaper than olu deniz

overall it was a lovely holiday but a few teething problems and too many northeners

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Stuart B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed at the marcan resort for 10 nights over June/July. Lovely rooms great showers and very clean.
Food - a little bit samey but to be expected from all inclusive. Breakfast was great lunch & dinner were samey and sometimes a struggle we did eat out a few times but I would do even if the food was top notch, as got to get out of resort now and then!
Snack bar was good though but very busy!
Pool lovely, and whilst there the hotel stepped in to stop people reserving beds from 4am or sometimes even the night before! This did result in us losing a towel though as it wasn't anywhere to be found. Staff are lovely. A few teething problems on reception as they all give different information. We paid for a late check out room you can do till 5pm for £30 or till midnight for £45 but not everyone got told this so something to bare in mind. Would stay again, if a good value deal was to be had.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Shudson86
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Nice hotel but ,not enough sun lounger's unless you get up at 5:30.food bit same same every day but you can find something to eat every day,plenty of rice n chips. salads good. All the staff great especially entertainment and massage /turkish bath (highly recommend) desk staff useless manager useless Removed my towel of my lounger one morning to give to a local guest,witnessed by other guests.Drinks bill mixed up and european drinks 14 turkish lira = £4.50 A SHOT . DEFINATLEY NOT CHEAPER THAN ALDI. LOCAL SPIRITS ONLY 3 TYPES. The staff were leaving quicker than people jumping of the Titanic.Forget about the cleaners ,But to be fair it looked like they was only 6 of them to do the whole hotel. Night shows poor when you could get at a table somewhere near to see them.PRICES OUTSIDE THE HOTEL WHERE DEARER THAN ENGLAND AND AT ISANAROU THEY WERE THE CHEAPEST.GULET CRUISE STILL THE BEST !!!! This is NOT a 4 star organised hotel by along long way

Room Tip: b block at the rear good view of mountains,after 1st night call to prey not even noticed
2 Thank kimbo88888
Manchester UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I've rated this hotel as 'very good' as there wasn't an option for 'good'.
I agree with a lot of the comments from other writers.
The rooms were fine, but not cleaned very well, I've stayed in other hotel where the cleaners can spend up to an hour cleaning, these ladies were finished in 5 minutes. A couple of days the cleaner arrived when we were still in our rooms. I said 'five minutes', she said 'tomorrow?'. I had to ask her to empty the bathroom bin as she was walking away. We asked for our towels to be changed after 6 days as we'd obviously missed 'towel changing day'. On arrival I found an old razor in the shower cubicle, so definitely an improvement is required in cleaning standards.
Re the comment about the towels being removed from the sunbeds, we stayed for 10 days and only got a bed on one day, because we gave in and put our towels on the sunbed when we arrived back at 2:30 a.m. A lot of the people reserving beds went out of the hotel, especially on market day and didn't use the beds until 5:00pm. Everyone we spoke to had the same complaint about sunbeds so I'm really glad that management have decided to do something about this. I don't think it's enough though to remove towels before 7:00am, the towels should be removed if beds are left unattended for a length of time. These people haven't paid any more than I did and have no more right than I have to a bed. I'm just surprised that there were no fist fights.
The food was fine, we stayed the Belcekiz Beach last year and never expected that they would reach that standard.
The layout of the poolside is wrong. The tables and chairs are at the front of the pool and the bar at the far side, I've always found a much better atmosphere if the bar is near the front of the hotel with stools at the bar and tables and chairs around. People seem to socialize better this way.
The children's play area and the children's pool need some shade.
The reception is lovely and was a nice cool area to sit but only 4 chairs which were inexplicably removed.
TV channels were poor, only BBC news, Al Jazeera TV, a Jewish channel available to English speakers.
The resort is lovely, I've been to Oludeniz 10 times and feel so safe there.
Found a great boat trip to Gocek for the Sunday market. 1 and 1/2 hours there, 2 1/2 hours in Gocek, 1 and 1/2 hours return plus time for a swim on the way back, all for £8.00.Excellent value.
Sunset Cruise wasn't very good, food was excellent but it seemed more about selling photographs.
All in all a good holiday, mainly because we love Olu Deniz, would we return to Marcan Resort, maybe not, but we don't usually return to the same hotel anyway.
I think this will be a good hotel, not great maybe, but certainly most people will enjoy.

Room Tip: We had a bottom floor room in Block C, right next to the pool area, no problem, but we tended to sta...
3 Thank Pat57chad
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here in June 2013 , wow loved it, I have read a few reviews and yes it is a new hotel and there are a few teething problems but nothing that spoilt our stay. The food was excellent, there was so much to choose from and plenty of it, I do understand people saying there wasn't much for children and that's because there are a lot of salads and meat dishes in some kind of sauce,but I'm sure there is something they could eat., and lets face it we are going to another country and shouldn't expect an English menu, but saying that there is a snack bar/ grill that does excellent freshly made pizzas,burgers and toasties and of course chips.
The rooms were lovely, we had a family room just for the two of us and it was lovely. ( we had paid a suppliment for this ) The hairdryer was good, I had read that the hairdryers were not very good but so I took my own travel one but never used it once. My only gripe with the room was that there were on two plug sockets and we found this wasn't enough to charge our phones, iPads etc over night so I would recommend that you take a multi plug adapter .There was a problem with there not being enough sunbeds but this has been sorted now. Pool towels are provided but not beach towels.The evening entertainment isn't great but they do try their best and all the staff are very friendly and helpfull.
Overall I would defo return to this hotel so well done marcan resort.
If you do any trips please go and see Osman at Gravity, they are at the bottom of the strip and they are not pushy like the others. The jeep safari is a must, and the boat trip was good fun.
Enjoy and happy holidays to all who read this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank p18tey
scottishlass
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Hi were at this hotel at the moment can't complain about anything really .. Only thing it's a pity they don't do money exchange here. We went down the street 2 cash sum travel cheques and on the board it said the rate was 2.85 but we only got 2.75 because it was a cheque so be warned better 2 take English money and exchange it they also offered 2 change Scottish money but at the rate of 2.50. All in all a lovely hotel lovely people with the exception of a few .

• Stayed July 2013