“Good”

and 1 more site!
Marcan Resort Hotel
Ranked #43 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel was good overall the recption staff need some improvement as it was reminiscent of faulty towers. also having to pay extra for cocktails and some spirits is not the best. The staff were generally helpful especially a young girl called Sunay who was helpful and happy all holiday.

• Stayed: July 2012
7  Thank Cowey88

Stayed June 14th - June 21st 2013

To start, I'd like to say I don't even understand how people can call this hotel "OK" - I had the best holiday ever staying at the Marcan Resort. Before going I read some negative reviews and ended up feeling so apprehensive about coming here - and to be honest I think some people were just looking for reasons to complain. Surely enough my presumptions were correct, I felt stupid for worrying about the hotel being below expectations as it is actually the best hotel I've been to abroad. Honestly some people forget they're on holiday and spend their time just looking for things to complain about.

We arrived at about 1am, and were shown our room without hassle. We had been given a twin room (although we had booked a double), but we told reception and they moved us into a double room first thing after breakfast which was excellent. Our room was a perfect size (not too small at all), great bathroom/shower, spotless with amazing air conditioning, a fridge, and TV - P.S. If you're willing to complain about the lack of TV channels you SERIOUSLY need to rethink your reasons for coming on holiday. Rooms are lovely, plenty of space to put your belongings and you can get a safe for £10 or 30 lira. We were on the ground floor in block B, and didn't hear the mosque once from our room. Didn't have a problem with any smells coming from the bathroom either.

Food, in our opinion, was amazing. I'm a realist and found there was plenty of choice and I never had the same meal twice - I'd imagine the people who didn't enjoy the food were either there longer for a week or just REALLY picky. There were always some kind of chicken/lamb dishes which were lovely and breakfast was so nice! I was apprehensive about going all inclusive as I'd have imagined it to be havoc at meal times in the restaurant, however I found mealtimes were so chilled and there was always a free table to sit at, hot food was kept covered (so no flies), and the restaurant was always kept clean by staff.

The pool bar served a range of drinks; I didn't expect cocktails to be excluded from all inclusive but I preferred drinking Efes through the day anyways. I disagree to anyone who says there isn't a lot of choice - you can get juice, soft drinks, generic spirits i.e vodka/gin, wine, beer, and my personal favourite, amaretto and cherry juice! As well as hot drinks, but to be honest I don't understand why you'd want a hot drink in that heat! Snack bar served great food, spinach and cheese turkish pizzas are delicious! The fact ice cream was only served for an hour didn't bother us at all as we never got any during our stay.

We had a Turkish bath at the hotel one day as well, everyone needs to do this at one point! We were made to feel so welcome and relaxed here and it was very cheap too. Noticed the gym as well, and I've seen people complain about the size of it but seriously people, gym on holiday?!

The one thing that we absolutely could not stand in this hotel (not entirely the hotel's fault, of course) is the STUPID PEOPLE RESERVING SUNBEDS EVERY SINGLE MORNING. Out of the week we were there we managed to get sunbeds TWICE, and those days we'd had to sit at one of the tables with our towels for hours until someone had finished using theirs in the afternoon. At one point we counted at least SEVENTY beds with towels on without people on them, and funnily enough there were only around twenty people in/around the pool not on sunbeds. SO WHERE WERE THE OTHER FIFTY OR SO PEOPLE?! This bugged me so much, considering most of these sunbeds had absolutely nobody on for hours. Surely the hotel could make a rule against reserving sunbeds, especially as I found it was the same people reserving "their" same sunbeds every morning. It was actually shocking to be up one morning at around half seven and see pretty much all of the beds had ALREADY been reserved - absolutely ridiculous!

Aside from that the pool area was always clean, staff were very friendly and I had one of the most chilled out holidays ever! Oludeniz is such a lovely place, ate out several nights and food is amazing (and cheap!), and the locals are very friendly. Booked to go to the Dalyan mud baths one day with Gravity excursions - only cost around £12 and we had an unbelievable day seeing the tombs in the hills and turtles on the beach as well! I'd recommend this to anyone, honestly it's amazing. We also went up to Hisaronu one night which is great fun for a night out - ended the night with a kebab wrap in the taxi home as well, obviously staying true to our north east nature.

Maybe we were lucky in that we didn't come across problems that other people did, or maybe we're just the type of people who go on holiday to actually relax and not worry about little niggly things that many people seem to say have affected their holiday experience so much. Honestly though, we had no problems with this hotel at all and you wouldn't think it had just opened as it seems very well run and the staff are great. Very good point about it being new - cleanest hotel I've been in! Overall we had a great experience and our holiday was absolutely fantastic - I actually think I have post-holiday depression I miss it that much. Please don't let the negative and "OK" reviews put you off, I cannot fault this hotel and it was worth every penny!

TIP: Turkish people seem to love english money so take some if you can - you can pay for food in restaurants/excursions etc in pounds and we worked out that it would be cheaper to do so!

2  Thank Katie M
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here at the Marcan Resort for 7 days. On arrival at 12:10 am there was one member off staff to sign in a group of us. This took a while. The bell boy was terrible, forgot our room number and just left me with the key knowing no tip was coming his way.

The hotel is brand new therefore teething problems were evident. 25% of staff were helpful and the rest were just miserable people that did not want to make your stay memorable.

The AI facilities are below average. The food is excellent however there are long periods of the day where no food is available. There's only 1 bar witch is frustrating to walk to from the other side of the resort. Drinks are only AI until 12.

Once drinks or food is up they will literally stop cooking or pouring drink once the time is up then say sorry we're closed and leave!

Cleaners leave doors open (purposely) to allow the room to air. Even on the ground floor when anyone could just walk into the rooms... Bad security. There's a people to sunbed ratio of 2:1 so be prepared to get up at 6am to get a towel over a bed or your stuck without all day.

Overall the hotel is nice, relatively clean, foods good and it was a present stay. Maybe in time the hotel will establish its self and be a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Michael H
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Marcan Resort back in May 2013 for 11 nights.
We were really apprehensive arriving and finding out what sort of hotel we booked as it had not long opened. We expected chaos but were greeted with the opposite. Check in was efficient and professional.
Rooms were smaller than I thought but ultra stylish and spotless.
The food was good and fresh. People did have gripes about it being same-y but I thought to myself- go out and eat a couple nights and mix it up. The breakfast though could be more adventurous.

The only slight irritation we had was that : our room was nearest the pool bar and for some unknown reason the hotel policy insisted that very loud music was played till 12pm at night. Like most I came away to relax and sleep well. I complained at reception and the very next day we were moved to a really nice quiet room further away. I am 27 years old so not like we were very old and was not to our preference it was just awkwardly loud.
The staff on the whole worked relentlessly to keep this place in check. Customer service was good and whilst dealing with the sound issue, the receptionist (the one with curly long dark hair) did a really good job.
The pool area was always clean but should really be bigger. We went to the beach most days as we felt like sardines on top of other people around the pool it was so crammed with beds. Plus that fact that other guests put their towels down at what seemed like 7am every morning to save their spot.
This hotel will do quite well. Being new there are a few things that need ironing out but once these are dealt with (i.e the loud music & pool area) it really should flourish. It has great surroundings (beautiful forestry area), it's really tranquil & the staff all add to the whole feel of the place.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet block.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 507lisajones
Reviewed June 24, 2013

First of all, this was sold to us as a 5* by Thomas Cook whilst it was being built and were told whilst this couldn't be guaranteed it would have to be 5* to keep up with the surrounding hotels in the area. This isn't the case. I'd say 3*.

The holiday was fantastic. Great surroundings, surrounded by green mountains. Lazing by the pool watching the paragliders above was great.

- Pool is very clean, so is the surrounding area and the hotel itself.
- staff are pleasant, especially one lady on the pool bar, she was very polite and smiley.
- Snack bar is great! Made fresh to order so a little wait but worth it! Fresh pizzas, turkish bread made fresh out of a pizza oven (fab!), cheeseburger, burgers, chips, toasties. Ideal for kids too.
- ice cream was really nice and although only available for an hour, its not an issue, the poor bloke has to stand and serve it in the heat!
- the hotel decor and rooms are really modern
- the showers in the rooms are great. Really powerful, temperature can change and you actually feel clean afterwards!
- the entertainment team work hard to drum up participants but not many people were willing to join in the activities.
- Chefs cooked omelettes, pancakes and fried eggs fresh for breakfast on request.
- water slides fun for kids as well as adults! Although be careful if you choose sunbeds around there as you may get the odd douche who goes out to make a tidal wave to reach your sunbeds like we did (Shout out to the two "men" who i watched discuss & intentionally slide down hard to splash us to SOAK our beds then act like it was our fault for being there, then brag about it to some old man at the bar tip: GET A LIFE !)

About the mosque, it is loud, especially being in Block D. Your right next to it. But it's cultural and different; I enjoyed it. It did wake me up every morning except 1 I slept through it. But During the day its quite nice to listen to to be honest! So embrace the culture and be respectful of being in another country and its culture.

A few issues:
- On going to the bar for our first drink, we were charged. This took me aback as I thought all-inclusive meant all inclusive. Some spirits are chargeable, and so is apple juice, although it is fresh. Drinks are limited for choice Unless your willing to pay more.
There was no drinks menu to let you know what was available or making it clear what was inclusive and what was extra.

- We stayed in block D room 4203. Right above the pool bar. On the first night The music was blasted from a speaker until 2am on the first night. I wouldn't mind but there was no-one there other than the staff and found this really inconsiderate, especially after a long day travelling. We were later awoken by the call of prayer at half 4 so we didn't get much sleep night 1 after arriving late.

- it's a fight for sunbeds. There simply isn't enough of them. Had to get up early at 6ish to be in with a chance of getting one, and even then they were all taken. Even more frustrating when most of the beds are empty all day.

- food is repetitive, and I think kids would definitely struggle with it. I'm not picky but even I felt limited. A lot is salad/chips, rice, Brussels sprouts, chicken dishes, soup. We went for breakfast twice, lunch everyday, and evening dinner twice. We ate out 4 nights. However, the dishes we did try were nice.

- smelly toilets at times but keep the balcony & toilet doors open and the smell should disperse.

In all, we had a fantastic holiday.
Olu Deniz is fantastic, such a short walk from the strip. Nice and lively, but not OTT.
Plenty of shops to buy 'designer'.
Spoilt for choice for restaurants and bars.
Help! do great, fresh cocktails for around 17 lira. Best I had all week.
This was our first time in Turkey and will certainly not be our last.
I doubt we would return to this hotel but simply because we never do go to the same place twice.

Enjoy your holiday, you'll have a great time!

6  Thank Victoria G
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at the Marcan from 6th of june til 20th , first impressions very nice and clean as it should be for a new hotel , pool was cloudy on a few occasions which was'nt very inviting we mentioned this to the reception which i think they took on board.
Food was very good quality but not to much to choose from , plenty of salads which were nice and the puddings was very good , they snack bar very good deffo the pizzas.
The rooms was'nt that big really but it did'nt bother us , shower rooms was nice with plenty of hot water , the walls and floor were quiet thin as we could hear everything from above.
Staff on the main were very cheery a few looked stressed some of the time but all were polite and very helpful.
The walk to the main bars and the beach was'nt to bad around 700m.
If you want a good night sleep dont get the room in c block 3201 as you get the call to pray at 4.30 which woke me up nearly every morning (didnt bother us even started waking up for it at the end of our hols) not much of a view either.
Reception could do with a few more staff which speak a little better english as they struggled to understand to what you were saying but we managed.
All in all another fab holiday in olu deniz and carnt wait til next year!!!!
**** PS watch out for the hairdressers come barbers just down the road as the do rip you off!! my husband went in for a 4lira shave i ended up getting dragged in to watch ,then i ended up eye brows threaded tash waxed and nose all ended up costing 80lira not happy bunnies

Room Tip: block A is a good choice
3  Thank terjon
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just back from 2 week stay at this hotel. The hotel is nice & modern and the staff are lovely. We had no issues with the food. We stayed All Inclusive but still ended up with a bar bill as there is no 'local' whisky or white rum equivalent and all fresh fruit juices were classed as extras too. There didn't seem to be enough cleaning staff as our room wasn't cleaned properly in the whole of our stay, the day we left there was only one cleaner in our entire block, also other areas within the hotel, eg reception floor and steps up to the dining area and entrance steps to our block, were beginning to look quite dirty. These criticisms are a shame as the staff really worked hard to make sure we enjoyed our stay. I realise that this is a new hotel and that there are bound to be a few niggles until it becomes established but the management really need to address the cleaning issue.

3  Thank Louise C