“Excellent Turkish Bath (Hamam) one of the best in Olu Deniz”

Sanctuary Day Spa & Turkish Bath
Ranked #2 of 11 Spas & Wellness in Oludeniz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: People have used various methods for relaxing their bodies and spirits since ancient times. They have been trying different care and spa methods in order to relax their spirits and bodies in today’s world too. We as sanctuary spa have been serving you, our dear guests, through our professional staff in accordance with advanced spa concept and our tradition. Our staff, whose slogan has been “firstly health” since 2009, have aimed to provide peace and happiness for you at best. “Firstly health”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We always visit the Sanctuary on the first day of holiday for a Turkish bath and massage. This is one of the best Turkish baths in Olu Deniz. The ambience and deco is very relaxing with soft music, gentle lighting, t- lights and wonderful aromas. All finished off with a nice glass of apple tea too.

There are other Turkish Baths around, we tried several before finding the Sanctuary Spa. If you want to experience a true Hamam, then we would highly recommend you try here. Very reasonably priced too and well worth it to enhance your tan!!

4  Thank Debbie L
"cold water"
in 11 reviews
"staff were lovely"

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Having researched online BEFORE our holiday and learned that this is the best place to go in Olu Deniz, it was our first port of call on day one!! We were very impressed with the serenity of the place and booked the 'Classic Sanctuary Package' for 80TL which included the Turkish Bath and 45 min Massage. WOW!! The Hamman is lovely and you feel so cleansed and alive afterwards - a very pleasurable experience and the guys are VERY attentive. After a brief rest we then had a 45 min full body massage which was fantastic, followed by a face mask. We came out feeling as though we were walking on air - a great start to our holiday. We wanted to repeat the whole experience on our last day, but not wanting to exfoliate our tans away, we opted just for the 45 min massage (45TL as she gave us a 5TL discount each), which set us up nicely for the journey home. We intend to go back to Olu Deniz next year and will make a visit to Sanctuary Spa our first priority. Try it, you will not be disappointed!

5  Thank Hammee
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Over three years, we've been to loads of Turkish baths in the hisaronu/oldeniz area. This is the best we've had. Not only is the hamman (bath and scrub) brilliant, but so is the massages and reflexology. Don't bother booking Turkish bath experiences through your holiday rep or hotel, go direct, it's cheaper and often a discount is to be had.

4  Thank Kieran1978
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Having never been somewhere like this before I was unsure beforehand, but my wife talked me into going along with her and I am so glad that I did! We had the Turkish bath and then a couples massage on the first day of our holiday, and it was amazing! I would definitely recommend it to anyone, it was a great experience, very relaxing and a great start to the holiday tan!

2  Thank stuartb74
See more reviews
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went on day one of our holiday after being up hours travelling. It was fantastic, so relaxing!
Having read other reviews, we knew not to be put off by the outside. It is down the escalator to Azda supermarket.
We had the Sultan Haman Turkish bath and then had to go back on the last day for a massage! I had a Deep Asian Massage which is a deep massage where they use their elbows. I absolutely loved it and it made feel fantastic afterwards. If you like something gentler I would suggest trying something else, there are loads to choose from.
Now I have been I would have been really disappointed if we hadn't done it. For the money 50 Lira (Approx £17) for each, I would say it was the highlight of my holiday...on both occasions.

2  Thank Buzzingabout