“Good Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
south tyneside england
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We spent our second week at the hotel after a cruise on Thomson Celebration it took nearly 3 hours for the transfer from Marmaris when the guide suggested that we tip the coach driver my husband said to me " I'll give him a tip Drive Faster" as when we left the port all of the other coaches that left after us all passed us on the road.
We liked our room it was in the annex across the road from reception we had a large terrace and a communal sitting area outside of the room.There was plenty of space to put your belongings and the refreshments tray was constantly filled up. We had the music channel on our t.v. and our teenage son watched the Disney Channel a lot as it was cool in the room he could'nt stand the heat at the resort. I asked my husband where are we going on holiday next year? His reply was well it won't be Turkey in August it's far too hot.There were tennis courts nearby but it cost about £ 7 to hire one we did'nt bother beause of the heat.
The staff were great nothing was a bother for them.
The Animation,s team could get a bit loud but they just wanted the guests to have a good time.
I paid around 15 lira for a blow dry at the hotel salon.
My husband used the gym a lot he seemed happy with it.
If you stay here take up the invite of the Sunset Photo the photographers are quite good they spend about an hour taking snaps of you around the pool area on an evening then on the beach but beware they make you lie down on the stones ( it hurts) and plodge throught the waves too ha ha!
We liked the food , Sunday dinner was fab! The curry night was a bit disapointing as most of it was chicken.
You can go on a trip to Lykia World on a mini bus from the hotel it's only 10 mins away
and try your hand at scuba diving for £38 lunch's included it's a good day out Karen the rep will book it for you if you just want to go as a spectator it's £21.
The Plaza bar was great you never got tired of going there each evening the drinks were kept flowing only thing was a limited choice and you could'nt get a pint of lager just a half. Cocktails were not incuded in the package a bit of a disapointment after being on the cruise for the 1st week where cocktails were flowing and you could get a pint of Strongbow in some bars there was no cider available at the hotel.
The ice creams were lovely at 3 pm from the snack bar the food was nce from there too as we never made breakfast at the restaurant so it was brunch most days.
The blue lagoon's worth a visit you can walk it or take the bus from the hotel that takes you to sugar beach my son bought a can of Red Bull there it cost 8 lira,we walked if you enter to the right you don't pay but if you go to the left you pay the toll charge.
Take the bus to the market on a tuesday it's huge!
Well we may go back here again when it's a bit cooler. I noticed someone commented on the dress code we took our cruise wear onto this hotel but hardly wore any of it as it was too hot in fact fella's were wearing shorts on formal night on the ship...just too hot!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Milller3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Before me and my husband went to Turkey I was reading the reviews about Belcekiz Beach Hotel and everything I discovered was absolutely correct. I couldn't fault the hotel and without any doubt WILL be making a booking to return back to stay at this beautiful hotel. Nothing was too much for the staff and was made totally welcome. I would say this hotel is the equvalent to being in paradise. I also would like to say they deserve every gold medal they have won. Service was brilliant, food was to perfection and location was spot on!! All in all outstanding.

2 Thank Lynette49
London
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Just returned from a Cruise on Thomson Celebration and then a weeks stay in Belcekez Hotel, Olu Deniz. It was overall a great holiday.

When tour operators rate hotels I am not sure how they come to their decisions.
Do they rate an hotel in line with other hotels in that Country or on the response from customers? This hotel rates itself as a 5star. Thomson give it 4star but I agree it is not worthy of Platinum. However, compared to other hotels in less developed Countries,
I think that 4star overall is a fair assessment.

The room was fine, maid service great (even better after we gave her a £10 note),
Bar service brilliant, you didn't have to wait until your glass was empty before the very friendly waiters came to your table. Unlike Cuba where they do nothing without expecting a tip, the waiters at this hotel were not constantly touting for tips. Instead there are tip boxes spread around the resort. We took Sterling, Turkish Lira and Euros - all currency is acceptable.

The evening entertainment is mediocre (like many hotels) but they try very hard.
There is a disco every night and the staff join in Turkish dancing.

The hotel caters mainly for Brits. The food was fine. There is a pool which was for adults only. Karen the Thomson Rep was great and very honest about trips.
There is a hair dryer in the bathroom.

We have already booked two weeks next year - this time trying June.

1 Thank MAP59
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Although the hotel was relatively good, I would agree with some of the comments made in previous posts that it is not worthy of a Thompsons platinum status, the dining room is exceptionally hot as their is no air con, just ceiling fans, when the temp is hot hot hot you deffo need air con. The height of the bath to climb into to shower is very high, there should be walk - in showers. I also felt that the staff were excellent could not do enough to be of assistance, cleanliness of the rooms was excellent.
The food was exceptional, sensational salads, roast beef on Sunday including the yorkshire pud, curry night on a Wednesday, delicious !!! Although Olu Deniz is a really pretty resort is lacks on things to do in an evening and the entertainment in the hotel was mediocre. Mehmet cannot do enough for his vistors, and please have a pedicure and turkish shave whilst your there.

3 Thank kangapoo
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We had read all the reviews, This hotel was recommended to me by a friend at work and although we tried to book last year we couldn't as it was full. It is by far the best service we have received in any hotel so far. First impression when arriving, It was dark and nearly midnight was it looks good. We were two couples travellng together and we were allocated rooms 285 & 286. The rooms are quite compact and in our room the balcony was being overtaken by the tree growing outside it and this made the room quite dark. However, the thomson rep arrange for it to be cut back a bit and that solved that. The rep was the best and I haven't said that in a while. The rooms are spotless. in fact all of the hotel is kept immaculate. The shower in the bathroom is fine however, the shower tray is rubbish, It is like a sit in mini bath and you need a step to get into it !!! Yes they even provided that. Who thought that one up.?? The food is fantastic, the buffet area has air con but the dining area does not, as it was about 35 - 40 degrees while we were there it got a bit uncomfortable at times. You can in fact eat all day long if you like as there is a late breakfast provided at the snack bar until 10.30. the ice cream in the afternoon is great. The area around the pool is too small and even though you are not supposed to save beds everyone did otherwise you would never get one. To those who put their towels down first thing and didn't sit on them untl 4pm, shame on you you know who you are. !!!!! The service around the pool is great, constantly asking if you want drinks, Berk was our favourite, he had a great sense of humour. Entertainment wasn't bad, in fact a lot better that we thought it would be. The team was fabulous especially Fozzie Bear, you will know who I mean if you go there. All the staff from Memet the dining room assistant manager to the maids, make you feel very special. look out for the look alike Peter Andre. The pool was cleaned every night and all the sun beds hosed down. Please go there if you can get in, quite expensive but didn't feel it was over priced. The hotel is in a great location, right by the beach and a street with bars and shops. The paragliding is very entertaining just watching not actually doing it. !!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank modchick56
Kettering
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Having just read 'Adershots' review I must say that they have reported very fairly on this Hotel (or is it a beach club?).
It isn't 5* and I don't think either Thomsons or Trip Advisor rate it as such, but it is certainly a good 4*.
We were in the garden annexe accross the road from the main block, in a ground floor room which had plenty of patio space. Nice and quiet, but a bit of a hike to get to the main pool, restaurant, and entertainment area. My only other point on this would be the 'hot' or 'cold' shower, you could never regulate a constant temperature. Also, was I blind?, but I couldn't see any sign of smoke/fire detectors in our room.
As far as the food was concerned, we had been spoiled by the fact that we had been on a cruise ship the week before and it would be unfair to make any comparison. It would have been nice if they could have put on a roast joint of meat each night instead of just Sunday when they put two on.
We were slightly taken aback by the lack of any dress standards being observed in the dining room at night, This was supposed to be 4* and we expected dress codes to be maintained We presume that due to the lack of any air conditioning this could not be enforced.
We were also taken aback by the fact that the buffet tables were completely cleared down at 9.30 on the dot, not even the puddings section was left open for any late comers.
These are only minor niggles, and if we go back to Olu Deniz we would'nt want to stay at any other Hotel.
Many thanks to Mehmet and his staff for the excellent attention his boys and girls gave to their guests.

3 Thank Desborians
Aldershot, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2010

People will probably disagree with some of the following but if they look closely at the comments I hope they see where I am coming from.

As long as customers put rave reviews about this hotel Thomson & Thomas Cook 2011 will be laughing all the way to the bank, because they grade it and price it on your comments.

Lets take it one area at a time.

1. Reception
Nothing mind blowing, small, and if you arrive in the late evening you would be slightly apprehensive of what you had booked; However staff are polite and helpful.

2. Rooms
V Good bathroom facilities, rooms decent size & space for two only. Balcony small and overgrowing with shrubbery. poor view.

3. Pool area
The biggest let down. lacks area, beds of poor quality and practically no space at all this I assume is the reason why all beds have to remain in designated areas to avoid accidents. Garden area looks tired and not very attractive

4. Pool Bar
The service provided by the young staff is nothing short of excellant, always a smile taking into consideration the long hours that they are working. The majority are students in tourism.

5. Snack Bar.
Slightly compact but facilities can overflow into the pool bar area. Food well cooked & presented, again staff superb. Late night buffet for the gannets.

6. Annimation team (pool area)
What a waste, but having said that the customers were hard work to get going and join in, the programme is probably the poorest I have seen on all my visits to Turkey.

7. Restaurant.
Again a major dissappointment considering the grading this hotel has been given. No air conditioning and if you do not get a table outside (arrive late) life is pretty uncomfortable especially if you have made an effort to dress up. I am led to believe that this could be rectified by 2011.

8. Open Buffet
The area is spacious and air conditioned. The food hot & cold is thermostatically temp controlled. Excellant in this day and age of food safety.

On a whole the food is presented well and always looks fresh.

Breakfast
V good even though the bread is not that brilliant and the baked beans are always hard and bland.

Lunch.
You can take the option of using the restaurant or the snack bar. Very similar to the evening meal especially salad & sweet counter.

Evening meal.
Well cooked and presented but if you are like me it becomes very repetitious over two weeks. Again the Staff are superb and that includes the chefs cooking the food in the open forum.

9.Plaza Bar
The biggest problem in this area is not having basic cocktails that have the local spirit base. If you are a party animal I suggest you go outside after midnight otherwise it can become expensive. At times overcrowded this is due to management encouraging customers from outside the hotel, at times no seats for paying guests. Evening enterrtainmet nothing mind blowing same disco music every night, karoke, and a poor version of name that tune. Again staff superb

10. Al a Carte Resturant
Again this is open to the public. However in most 5* hotels the guest normally gets the opportunity of a least one free visit during their stay. On this occasion you either pay a small amount fot the Table de Hote choice (set menu) or pay the full price of the Al a carte. Can be slightly expensive unless it is a special occasion.

11. Location and Views
Very good.

12 A must
Paragliding.

In general the holiday was V good but that was mainly due to Mehmet and his young staff. Would I return? The juries out on that one but probably yes.

6 Thank EvertonianAdershot