“All I can say is that it was perfect.”

Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel
Ranked #8 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Abertridwr
“All I can say is that it was perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

As in other reviews all I can say is this is the place to go for a great family holiday where you can either relax or take part in any of the activities.The staff were fantastic, Air,Sharp,GoGo, Angel and Jo and all the entertainment crew ,brilliant.The food choice had something for everyone,spend a few pennies and go to the a la carte retaurant,stunning.Everybody is so helpfull you don`t have to lift a finger.My daughter whose 8 had a fantastic time as did we and you`ll make some great friends.The hardest part is leaving and coming home.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank stulisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ely, Cambridgeshire,UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

Just arrived home after a great two weeks at the Club Belcekiz Beach.
All previous reviews are spot on, the place is superb.
Every single member of staff goes out of there way to make your holiday an enjoyable one.
Special mention to Air,Sarp and Richie who made the pool area and bar great fun.
Thanks to Air for giving my wife an alternative Turkish Bath by the pool,an experience I dont think she will ever forget!!!.
We were given two rooms in the annexe that were fine,I e-mailed the hotel before we arrived asking for the rooms to be next to each other,which is what we got.
The whole atmosphere of the place was great,everybody seemed to be having a good time and we met some fantastic people.
The sun bed race wasn't that bad and became quite a laugh,there were plenty of sunbeds in the gardens if you didn't fancy the 8 o'clock scramble.
The restaraunt and food quality was realy good and the service around the pools and bars first class.I've never had a holiday where you dont have to leave your sunbed to get a drink.
To sum up,brill Hotel,great location and will definatly return next year.

1 Thank jasper29
Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

As a late 40/50 something couple travelling with 18 & 20 year old daughters we decided to go all inclusive. They have "zero tolerance" for an empty glass and were extremely generous with both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks - topping up etc all the time. The front bar staff were really friendly (hmm...well may be two beautiful daughters helped get their attention ;-) ) and hard working and very amusing when they got into cocktail action!
The entertainment staff were friendly and encouraged people to get involved but, in my opinion, were not too pushy. Superman "Air" was very entertaining and a nice guy to have a quiet chat to (he does have his calmer moments).
Most of the reviews I have read are fair - it really depends on what you are looking for. I'm a cynical 50 year old but...I thought I'd give the Belcekiz dance a go one night and joined in every day thereafter. It's just a bit of silly harmless fun for adults and kids alike. I didn't watch the "olympics" night, but having seen the pictures, I can understand how some people would find it "uncomfortable" viewing - do what I did and enjoy a cold beer or wine at the bar or go for a walk along the promenade.
The professional entertainment traditional dance shows were really good.
We had a round shaped room and it was comfortable and clean with a nice bathroom. The view was up the adjoining mountain - nice enough.
Beware of the beach - it's stoney and hurts to go in and out of the sea...buy some jellies unless you have skin like leather! The scenery from the beach is fab!
Finally, I ate from the freshly cooked show cooking every night. It was really tasty and fresh. Thanks Club Belcekiz Beach - a great holiday.

2 Thank AlienFootprints
sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

The Belcekiz Hotel quite rightly deserves it’s Trip Advisor position as the best hotel in Olu Deniz. This was my first time staying in Olu Deniz, and like many of the holidaymakers I met while I was there I booked it on the basis of the reviews on here. I can honestly say that I totally agree with all the positive comments – the hotel is something special.

Transfer from Dalaman is a bit of a pain – it took us about 2 hours in the searing heat on an old coach with a driver that didn’t know the way. That aside from the moment we arrived at the hotel, our holiday really began.

Check in was very swift, five minutes at the most and we were quickly on our way to our rooms by the adult pool in the annexe just over the road which is only a couple of minutes stroll to the main hotel complex. The Porter carried our cases and explained how the air conditioning worked then we were on our own. The rooms are laid out in a typical holiday-inn style with an LCD TV, hairdryer, fridge and safe. There is a small balcony but we hardly went out on it because opening the door shut off the air conditioning.

We wandered through the grounds that are very nicely laid out with gardens full of flowers. The accommodation is spread throughout in two storey blocks of about 10 rooms each so there is no sense of overcrowding.

As we were so hot, our first stop was the main pool which is of a good size and perfect for both kids and adults. The weather in July is HOT, but after a dip there are plenty of places to sit down in the shad and relax and this is when we first experienced the famous Belcekiz hospitality. The young staff are constantly wandering around the main pool area and, if you haven’t got a drink then they will ask if they can fetch you one. When your glass is empty they are back with a smile asking “you want one more?”. This standard of service is maintained throughout the hotel. I was there the first week of the main school holidays and the hotel was busy, yet I never had to wait for a drink, or a table in the restaurant, or a snack, or anything.

The food is excellent, with main meals served in the restaurant either overlooking the beach or the pool and snacks (usual pizza/toasties etc) served in the snack bar by the pool). Evening meals consist of a good choices of salads with usually two meat dishes. Towards the back of the restaurant the chefs also cook the main meal choice which is on a different theme every night – while I was there they did Turkish, Indian, Mexican, Chinese, and best of all British on the Sunday ! It was a full on carvery and was every bit as good as you might expect to get in the UK. There is a wide choice of desserts which are extremely tempting and very tasty.

Evening entertainment is held in an amphitheatre between the pool and restaurant and consists of a kids disco (which plays the same songs in the same order every night) which my 6 year old daughter really enjoyed. Followed by a show which varied in quality but was always entertaining. The two main bars cater for most tastes whether you want to relax and chat or prefer something a bit louder. The all inclusive drinks are limited to local drinks so if you want something specific like a cocktail or a bottle then you have to charge it to your room.

The main pool is surrounded by sunbeds and there is an adjacent garden where sunbeds are a little bit more spaced out. If you haven’t heard about the sunbed race every morning then search for ‘Belcekiz Sunbed Race’ on YouTube. This happens every morning at 8am and is really funny – guests start to queue about 7:40 at the taped off entrances to the pool and at 8am when the tapes are cut there is a mad race and scramble to put towels on the beds. I went down a few times just to watch it – it’s like something from a Benny Hill sketch. Don’t worry about it being a negative though, there are plenty of beds in the garden which is only 10 feet away.

I found most of the guests at the hotel to be very friendly and nice people of all ages. I didn’t see anyone I’d describe as ‘stuck up’ nor anyone I’d describe as a ‘scutter’. Because the hotel is so friendly, I think this rubs off on the guests to some degree. I made a good few friends while I was there.

Olu Deniz is small, but there is enough to do. I’d say it is mostly suited to families and couples but there are a few places for teens to enjoy themselves as well. Most of the shops, restaurants and bars are on the main high street which is only two minutes stroll from the hotel. The main spot for Paragliders to land is right in front of the hotel so look up as you walk on the promenade.

On a final note - there are little things that make this hotel stand out. The maids arranged our bed covers into a swan and arranged flowers into a heart ,we were invited to have a cocktail with the General Manager who personally introduced himself and asked about our holiday, when we left the staff all came to wave us off and wish us a safe journey.

If you have booked this hotel then relax and be confident you have made the right choice. I’m booking again for next year – something I’ve never done before, but this time I’ll be staying for two weeks.

Rob, from Sheffield.

10 Thank parkgrange
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2009

Run by a guy named Mehmet (about 90% of the guys in Turkey seemed to be called Mehmet!) with an army of very young waiters/waitresses who simply could not do enough for you! Their politeness and courteousness puts the British service industry to shame. The hotel, like the rest of Turkey we saw, was immaculately clean.

The hotel was in an enviable location: nestled between the mountains yet just yards from the beach with stunning views of the bay and millpond-like sea from the open air restaurant. Popular and adapted to tourism, Olu Deniz has managed to avoid the ravages of over commercialism and has not become just another Malia or Ayia Napa.

WIth the only children being toddlers, we were spared the trauma of rowdy teenagers bombing into the pool every 10 minutes, and the hotel was refreshingly void of people who wanted to drink their own body weight in lager on a daily basis, just because it was all inclusve.

Mehmet is to be commended on the way he manages the hotel (like a tightly run ship) - we simply could not find ANYTHING that we would have changed about this hotel. Keep doing what you're doing - we will definitely return to Belcekiz Beach!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Spoon235
caerleon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

the hotel was well worthy of its great reviews. The food choice and quality was excellent, the room very clean and spacious and in a great location right on the beach and in the centre of Olu Deniz. The thing that stood out for us was the fantastic friendly service from all the staff at the hotel. In particular the youngsters who act as the waiters and waitresses are worthy of high praise for helping to make a great holiday. Providing you can stand the heat in Turkey we would highly recommend a say at this hotel.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank david-caerleon
canvey, essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

by far this is the best holiday ever! We have never been to Turkey before and were sceptical - but hotel had brilliant reviews so were looking forward to it.

The hotel exceeded the expectations - food was superb, rooms were more than adequeate, staff were friendly. You didnt have to get involved in the activities if you didnt want to - but we loved the nightly disco!! We did the dance every night.

So close to shops, pubs and bars - it was a brilliant location, we did go out a have a drink at one of the bars along the beach front, as so they are so cheap. Got some brilliant fake Harrods towels and lovely cushion covers - also very cheap.

We done the scuba diving (had a bit of a panic attack beforehand, but went via EDC with Thomson and the people there calmed me down) best expereience. Also did the mud bath trip (prepare to stink of eggs) and we went on the sundown trip ( a little bit borring but worth it overall).

We are not pool people, so went the beach every day - it is very stoney, but you can pay for the beds - or as we did, brought a cheap umbrella and a lilo and used this instead. Sea is very clear somedays but others a bit merky. We did go to the pool on two days because it was so hot out there, but we went to the adult pool at 12pm and there was plently of beds and you still get served very well here - including the 3pm ice creams.

Can not fault the service - we felt a bit out order never going to the bar to order our drinks and letting them take our orders and top up's constantly - but the waiters really dont mind and they are really happy people who work so hard.

cleanlyness was 100% - and the food georgeous!! You dont have to eat at the designated times for lunch etc, but the snack bar is always open for you to get a burger, panini, speghetti etc when ever you want.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple