“Fantastic Holiday/Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Southampton
“Fantastic Holiday/Hotel”
Reviewed May 13, 2008

Have just returned from a fantastic week at this great hotel. The hotel is perfectly situated, right on the beach and only a few minutes from the centre of the resort.

Staff all v friendly and good service, if sometimes a little too quick to clear your plate away!! Mehmet, the restaurant manager, runs a very efficient team and standards are constantly kept high.

We stayed in the annex accross the road from the main building, which was really nice. Our room was a good size and kept v clean.

We found the food to be of high quality and there was lots of choice. Every night there was a themed dish (curry, chilli, chinese, kebab...), even roast dinner if you really want that on holiday! Also, loads of other options and lovely salads.

The service around the pool was good too and afternoon ice creams were lovely!

The evening shows were not brilliant, but were ok to watch whilst enjoying a few drinks! The staff got everyone dancing which was good fun and there was a good atmosphere, but it did get a bit repetitive with the same music every night!

The drinks were free flowing, but we did think they might be a bit weak, as we were able to drink quite a bit without feeling any effects! Also, the variety of drinks could be better.

As it was cloudy a couple of days, we went on the dolmus to Fetiye and Kaya ghost town which we really enjoyed. The dolmus is a good and cheap way to get about.

I went paragliding twice, which was amazing. I used Reaction who are based by the entrance to the hotel on the beachfront. They were very professional, no pressure-selling, and I had complete confidence in their ability. This experience made the holiday and I would definitely recommend, however nervous!

Overall, this is an excellent hotel for couples and families, with good service and a lovely location.

• Liked — Everything about it was great
  • Disliked — evening entertainment
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Westy75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2008

We arrived in Oludeniz with no accomodation booked and after walking around the town we stubbled across club belcekiz. The town itself was quiet but we soon realised everyone was staying in the hotel and for good reason. The hotel is located on the beach (and one of the few that is) and is defintely the nicest place to stay. The food is fantastic, the staff are amazing and the rooms are a good size and very comfortable. They make every effort to make your stay a good one and it seems that people just keep coming back. We are in our early 30's and we met so many wonderful people of all ages. This is not a resort if you are looking for a mad time clubbing. The people are more sophisticated and not as "chavvy" as other places and everyone is super friendly. You cannot get enough food and drink and I have not one problem or complaint. I have never been on a resort holiday but if I had to I would come here. We walked around several hotels and urge people to stay in this one as it is the best.

Also it has a massage and turkish bath on site which are cheap.

If you plan to paraglide, use sky sports. They are not the cheapest but the safest and they couldn't have been more helpful and make you feel at ease. We saw other companies doing dives in poor weather conditions where sky sports refused on the basis of safety! That said it all!!

• Liked — Friendliness and People , Food and Atmosphere, Great Pool
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sin-7
Colchester
Reviewed April 12, 2008

Came here in October and it was awesome , massive swimming pool , beach , & AMAZING pizza & cheese toasties.theres always something to do whether it's chillin' by the pool , ping pong , killer darts , pool (with the balls and stick) , swiming in the pool ,or eyeing up the fitty waiters, :)

HELLS YEAH!

staff = great
they cleaned my room for me - everyday :)

food = gooooooood
profiteroles , well i had 7 a day - everyday :)
yes thats 49 in a week ...

shopping = ace
got loads of clothes from local stalls .. shoppings pretty good really EXCEPT there is way to many jewellery shops , and under no circumstances go on the mini bus to fethiye - it's cramped and scary .

i spent most of the journey inhaling the hair of the guy in front.
not so fun.

apart from that it was pretty cool , Oh yeah - the postcards in the hotel shop are worth looking at - nearly wet myself laughing, they're legend . :)

going back again in 23 days ... but who's counting? LOL

• Liked — staff & cheeze toastiez
  • Disliked — rain
3 Thank Charliehazcheeze
Colchester
Reviewed April 11, 2008

We stayed here about six years ago B&B and had a great holiday....so when we were looking for somewhere to take my niece and step daughter aged 13 & 16 last October, it seemed a good choice.

We weren't disappointed either - a friend and her six year old daughter also came - the hotel catered perfectly for all three of them and as everyone has said before, the staff totally make the holiday.

We had a great time despite a few rain showers, but Mehmet and his team kept everyone entertained. We had three adjoining rooms in the main hotel as requested.

We went all inclusive via Thomson (though make sure you check out Portland holidays website as they are the same company and often cheaper!).

The food was fantastic, loads of choice and the teenagers loved the pool snack bar for pizzas, chips and cheese toasties.

Perfect location, right opposite the beach and plenty of shops/market stalls to browse. Your room fridge is stocked with non-alcoholic drinks on arrival - cocktails and things like hot chocolate and red bull aren't included in your all-inc., but it made no difference as there were so many other options available.

A big thank you to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable - so much so that we are returning in May!

• Liked — Staff, food location
  • Disliked — Nothing - except the rain!
5 Thank Jenfadee
england
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Stayed at belcekiz for the 3rd time, still a really great hotel, within a good resort. the food was fantastic all week and the waves at the beach absolutely brilliant much better to sit on beach than around pool although my daughter and her friend prefered pool.
The boat trips are so cheap poor person getting ripped off by Thompson we went with Volkan pay him on the beachfront it was £5 each sterling inc lunch which is nothing special but ok, drinks and watersports were extra but you can take your own drinks onboard. All the excursions that the travel companys do you can buy cheaper direct from the main sea front. just ask if you can pay them in sterling they love english money. Will definately be going back next year as this place is a gem.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
11 Thank lynnie1000
Buckinghamshire, England
Reviewed November 6, 2007

It is with great reluctance that I post this review and give it a 3 star rating. However, we had a bad experience here and I feel I should share it with everyone staying here in the future so they can be aware of things.
Let me firstly say that I agree wholeheartedly with most of the previous reviews and I can say no more than what they have as far as positives go...brilliant staff, food, entertainment, fantastically clean etc.
Unfortunately though, there was one blip and it was a big one as far as we were concerned because it ruined the end of our holiday.
In a nutshell, we had a dishonest chambermaid. Not only was she a liar she was a thief.
We returned to the room one day to smell an overwhelming smell of my perfume and it was nowhere to be seen. When we told reception, they contacted housekeeping who told them they had found my perfume on the floor, broken. We know for sure that this did not happen. If I had broken the perfume I would have made efforts to clean it up properly bearing in mind i have a 2 year old who could have cut her feet.
The hotel manager was extremely rude when we asked how we would be reimbursed as it was obviously the maid who broke it and didnt want to come clean (pardon the pun). He accussed of us wanting to swindle him! Then he eventually offered to buy a new bottle (it was Este Lauder, the largest bottle of Pleasures you can get worth more than 50pound) and we said we werent happy with that as it might be fake (you can buy a bottle of 'pleasures' for 5pound on the front and you know its not real). He exploded, saying we were accussing all of turkey of being fake and he didnt want to continue talking to us!!!
If that were not bad enough, the following occurred in our room:
- My shower gel and shampoo had been emptied and watered down and the only way you could have gotten the water wsa by twisting the pump top off!
-My shoes had been unbuckled (I never unbuckled them) and broke when I next wore them
-My daughters barbie shoes were stolen
-My daughters top had been jammed right under the 2 single beds into the middle so i would never have seen them unless we had lifted both beds 2 feet off the ground. Had I have left without checking this she would have claimed this for her own.

I dread to think what else she got up to in there.
Honestly, I felt so bad and violated that we asked that we no longer have the room cleaned. We told them that under no circumstances shoudl anyone else go in to the room and if we needed clean linen/towels or toilet roll that we would get it ourselves.

The manager finally reimburesed us 30 pound which we were grateful for but went no where near reimbursing us for a)the perfume and b)the stress of it all.

The rep was very helpful, and i think this is the only reason we got our measley 30pound and she said there had not been another incident of theft since the year before - which didnt exactly make me feel better but none the less puts it into perspective.

We got the impression from word of mouth/grapevine that the hotel manager, Ufuk, rules the hotel very much with an iron hand and we heard he had sacked 2 people the next day - lets hope it was our greedy chambermaid. He is feircly protective of his hotel and should be in a way, because the Belcekiz has a winning recipe. However, he seriously needs to take a course in customer service and anger management.

My advise, dont let this put you off, just stay vigilant, wherever you stay, and if you have any problems, dont talk to Ufuk! The rep is your best bet.

Proof of how good the hotel is in general is that this experience will not put me off returning becuase i loved all the hotel staff and entertainment/food so much.

Sorry if this review is too long, I just had to say what needed saying!

Happy holidaying!

• Liked — Food and entertainment
  • Disliked — Theiving chambermaid and rude hotel manager
13 Thank FKnight
Scotland
Reviewed October 24, 2007

Well what can I say - this was a lovely holiday

We stayed in 211 and 212 - the rooms were fine and clean and air conditioned included - there are no balconies that look over the pool - The bathroom was lovely and clean and the shower was so good we decided we need a new one at home. There is a hairdryer in the Bathroom also. The balcony was very small but we didn’t mind as the sun was not on it when we were in the room. Our teenage girls stayed in the room next door and this worked out very well as normally we have them in with us - self catering.

The Pool was lovely a little chilly but it was October and very very clean - the only usual problem was lack of sunloungers - you did have
to get up and put your towel down or you wouldn’t get one - we decided after a week of this - just to go to the beach it is just across the road and was so peaceful and lovely watching the waves and paragliders. We even sent one of the girls back to the hotel for the ice cream break haha.. Although of course you wouldn’t get your AI drinks at the beach.

The staff cannot do enough for you and very very good - the food itself was outstanding - and the teenagers managed to try new things and eat quite a lot in the time that we were there. I think we were spoilt and it might be a problem finding something else as nice for another holiday.

It was a little chilly at night - but again it was october - and we had excellent weather otherwise

The hotels provide beach towels which you can happily change daily - we took them out the hotel as well - and they seem happy with that as long as they get them back or you will be charged for loss of them.

The evening entertainment was quite funny - our teenagers wanted to go and watch it every night - so that was good as you know how critical and fussy they are! It passed time in the evening and some were actually v enjoyable.

When you step out of the hotel the beach is right in front and is beautiful - The beach is pebbles and its really hard on the feet in the water so water shoes are a must - we never got any and I am sure my feet were bruised.! Note of warning tho - there is a "shelf" in the water and it gets quite deep so just a warning for families with young children.. No-one bothered you on the beach and sunbeds and shades were available at a minimum cost. The sea was warmer than the pool!

We did a couple of trips..

Firstly - Paragliding.! We booked this through Easyriders. They were very nice and professional - it cost us £55 each, but price did vary up and down the beach. We took out extra insurance for this which was only £20 as I was advised that although they say they are insured
they are not insured to what we would think is right. A word of warning - if you get travel sick take some tablets - We watched the paragliders coming down and it looks so lovely - but when you are up there is can be a slightly bumpy and a little faster than it looks on the ground. Its definitely a must though if you fancy it. The kids
loved it. We did it twice - and the second time I took travel tablets
- I still felt a little sick but not half as bad as the first time - I had to ask him to come down the first time and nearly threw up in the middle of the sky!.. The bad bit is getting up in the bus - although they were fixing the road the 2nd time we went up.. All in all it is beautiful floating down out of the sky. And the views were outstanding.

We took a boat trip with thompson - which was on a Sunday only - the weather was a little cold in the morning (OCT) and then we were the whole day on the boat - it cost £100 for all of us to go and although
it was nice to be on a boat for the day - especially when it brightened up - it was way too expensive for what you got. Although the good thing about it was that there were only 24 of us on the boat
and there was plenty of space - unlike the Easyriders boat which crams people on it..

We also took a trip on our last day combined with the airport drop off which takes you to the mud baths and then to the beach that the turtles are on Dalyan - the beach is amazing and if you can get to it
before your last day that would be great as we only got an hour on it.! The mud baths are fun and def a must - again thompson charged us
a fortune for this trip. Others along the seafront were offering it much cheaper.

Not sure what else there is to say really - if you are thinking on going - you are making the right choices - there is hardly any hastle
- just the usual holiday banter you get anywhere.

Have fun

• Liked — The people
  • Disliked — nothing