“Excellent fun holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Excellent fun holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed here with my in-laws for a week in May, the in-laws were repeat guests and recommended that we also visit this hotel. Check in all though late in the evening went well, and the night manager recognised the in-laws from their previous stay.
Both rooms were in the annex and very quiet, the adult pool is located behind the annex and is very quiet and peaceful, if you want more noise and fun and games etc.. I would suggest the main pool area in the front of the hotel.
The food is very very good the only problem we had was that we were eating too much of it. All the hotel staff are very professional, if you want to join in you can, if you prefer peace and quiet they are non instrusive. I used the gym twice when I was there and the equipment is good.

The resort itself is great. We didn't buy anything on the main street because outside the hotel to the left by the beach was Ghengis Khans and the Spice boy shop, both these shop owners allowed you to wonder around with out bothering or following you and only when you decided to buy the fun begins. They were great!

I would love to return to this hotel and hotel again.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quiet room ask for a room in the annex.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank CarolynHughes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

The good,excellent food, great location,entertainment team fab, overall good hotel but not 5 star.
The bad ,unless you want to Be waiting at 7.00pm for sunbeds ( pool opens at 8.00am ) hard to find some people think its there right to have same sunbeds everyday for duration of holiday and must get up at 6.00 am to secure sunbeds, the rooms are not particular big and very basic. The helpers in blue do not seem that happy and the reception staff are quite rude, however would still return as the good outweighed the bad, safari trip good fun, and the paraglidding a must.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Paul R
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel gets better and better over the years, we are regulars and until we found this little gem iwe never repeated our stay. We usually go somewhere else in the year but nothing compares. Mehmet and his staff were brilliant, nothing is too much trouble. The pool staff are young and having just arrived I think they did a very good job. Richy is in the "Hang Out Bar" this year which is a must for a visit, you do pay but it is worth it for the lovely view. Hi to Hamet and Hatti C (sorry about spelling). The Belcekiz celebrated the queens jubilee in style, we had a garden party attended by the British Consulate who planted a tree in honour of the queen in the garden. he told stories of having met her it was absolutely amazing and something I will always remember.
The Hotel is spending every year and improving the hotel and if they are reading, please get some new sunbeds around the pool, they are back breaking. It would be nice to see a new theatre but I realise they can only do so much each year.
Once again the bedrooms were spotless we had a lovely lady who smiled every day, she left us plenty of flowers on our bed.
The food is amazing hot fresh, chefs cook in front of you, all diets catered for. The choice is out of this world and as for the sweets oh my lose weight before you go.
We celebrated my husbands and daughters birthday in the a -la -carte, we had a birthday cake made "happy birthday" spelt out on our table and never to forget a song from the waiters.
We will be returning yet again next year, just keep up the excellent work. Oh and Richie keep the "Suzy Boozy" on the cocktail list.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sue1958
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel did the perfect job!
Upon arrival we were treated so well despite it being after midnight. Our bags were taken to our rooms, we had a quick freshen up and made our way to the Plaza bar where we were given a free welcome drink although all inclusive ends at midnight. After which time you do have to pay and it is around £4 for a very large brandy & coke! Bare in mind that it is local spirits so if you are a Bacardi lover I would not recommend it! Brandy, vodka and dark rum are all good. The wine is excellent which is a first for me in an all inclusive package.
The hotel rooms although small are very clean and my only small gripe would be they are short on hanging space and not long enough for maxi dresses. However it didn't matter and I didn't need an iron at anytime! We had a garden view and as there were 10 of us we had 5 twin rooms which were all close by which was good.
The rooms were cleaned daily and we often came back to various towel models on the bed which was a nice touch. Pool towels are provided via a card service and these can also be taken to the beach. Loungers on the beach are free outside the hotel by showing your wristband but if you use the decked area there is a charge of 10TL per bed but it is a nice area to sit. You can also take drinks from the hotel bar to the beach as long as they are in plastic cups. Most of us took plastic wine glasses with us as they are more sturdy. The area is a haven for paragliding and this is great to watch. I have to admit that although I took a book I only managed to read 40 pages and that was at night before I went to sleep! There is so much going on and with 9 women you can only imagine! Getting 10 sunbeds together wasn't too bad and we didn't have to reserve them. I think though that may not be the case in the high season. We went to a trip to the lagoon but just be aware there are two sides to this; an inland side and a beach side. We went to the inland side and it wasn't for us so we managed to get a lift back to the hotel after just an hour. However we did get a view of the beach side as we were dropped off there after a boat trip one day and walked back through the nature reserve to the hotel. Talking about boat trips we did a day one and although it was cheap it was too long. If you are able to do a short trip then its well worth it for the views. For a week there is plenty to do in the area and enough shops and excursions going on. For 2 weeks I think I would want a car to have a look around and explore a bit more. The hotel itself has plenty of entertainment day and night although I suspect us '10 Turkey Birds' provided quite a bit of the evening entertainment as we danced until we dropped. Music was a bit repetitive but loved DJ. All the entertainment team were great ; Air AKA 'WOW', Nick and the gang. The restaurant staff were second to none headed up by the wonderful Mehmet who never seemed to sleep as he was always around! The kitchen, bar and waiting staff were always smiling and willing to help in any way. Special hello to Mizgin who loved 'Sooty'! Again reception staff were excellent. All in all exceptional hotel and worth every penny. Will most certainly be returning.

• Stayed May 2012
Plymouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Lovely hotel in a superb location. Rooms were spotless and very well appointed. The only gripe was the over-bath shower, the side of the bath was so high it was very difficult to step out of. We did notice some rooms had a covered step to cut down the drop, as we were only there for a week we didn't bother to see if one was available. We did find out that some rooms had step-in showers, so if it's a problem for you, you could ask for one of those.
The food was excellent. Lots of choices for all courses with several chef's stations serving more dishes, really piping hot. We were all inclusive and found the range of drinks more than adequate.
Didn't like the snack bar food, it seemed really tired and rather left-over. The main pool area was busy but well laid out, the sunbeds extended to the adjacent garden area which meant you could get away from the splashes and read or doze quietly.
The main area of the hotel had families and children in it, but we were in the 'annex' across the road, much nicer I thought. Good gardens to sit in and shady areas with huge sofas to lounge on. If you like your swim to be calm and quiet, there is an adults only pool in this area, it's smaller than the other pool but very nice and it has it's own bar.
We found the service great and the staff were so helpful. We did have a problem with the first room we were offered, but we were moved with lightening speed and no effort on our part at all. They couldn't do enough for us, every request was met with politeness and was done with a smile. I understand that the hotel had only been open for the season for a week before we got there so a few niggles could be expected.
The entertainment was dire, childish and very amateur. But to be fair, we'd just come off a cruise ship where it was superb. Maybe it will improve as the season goes on.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone as a really good place to stay for a week as I think it's the best in the bay, but I'd forgotten how little there is to do in Olu Deniz (unless you like sky diving) so I won't be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms in the annex area seem to be quieter, I would recommend a higher floor if you are OK with stai...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tizzle
Carluke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

hotel and public areas fantastic but food was not good hot food was cold no taste no seasoning likes salt and pepper

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jam243
Frozen North
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Yes, the Belcekiz is a very welcoming hotel with excellent food and amazing staff - but its not a 4 or 5 star hotel. I let the reviews fool me into thinking the hotel was going to be a truly amazing experience and I was so disappointed when I realised its only an average holiday hotel. What added to my disappointment was our room location - across a road, tucked away like second rate citizens, with no sunlight and minimal daylight. The room itself was beautifully clean, the bathroom really good, but the room was dark and had no outlook - apart from an 8 or 10 foot fence!.
The other negatives, from my point of view - the check-in system was mayhem. We arrived as part of a full coach load and everyone had to wait to be taken to their rooms by the porter rather than be directed individually if, or as, required. My other 'gripe' is the drinks policy. Having just arrived from an all-inclusive Thomson cruise, where any 'additional costs' were clearly defined on the menus, we were disappointed to be informed that many drinks were not part of the all-inclusive service and that we would have to pay full price for them.
The hotel grounds and location are lovely, and the regular pool-side service a real bonus. The staff are outstanding and the whole hotel is immaculately clean. I just feel that I let myself be misled into thinking this hotel was going to be something different to what it really was!!!
Locally, Kaya, the deserted village, is definitely worth a dolmus ride and Fethiye harbour and old town are really nice. The blue lagoon is close by and a nice alternative to staying around the pool.

Room Tip: Avoid room 181 if you want to actually see anything or anyone. The 'annexe' rooms are quiete...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends