“Fantastic holiday, shame about the theiving chambermaid!”

Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Buckinghamshire, England
“Fantastic holiday, shame about the theiving chambermaid!”
Reviewed November 6, 2007

It is with great reluctance that I post this review and give it a 3 star rating. However, we had a bad experience here and I feel I should share it with everyone staying here in the future so they can be aware of things.
Let me firstly say that I agree wholeheartedly with most of the previous reviews and I can say no more than what they have as far as positives go...brilliant staff, food, entertainment, fantastically clean etc.
Unfortunately though, there was one blip and it was a big one as far as we were concerned because it ruined the end of our holiday.
In a nutshell, we had a dishonest chambermaid. Not only was she a liar she was a thief.
We returned to the room one day to smell an overwhelming smell of my perfume and it was nowhere to be seen. When we told reception, they contacted housekeeping who told them they had found my perfume on the floor, broken. We know for sure that this did not happen. If I had broken the perfume I would have made efforts to clean it up properly bearing in mind i have a 2 year old who could have cut her feet.
The hotel manager was extremely rude when we asked how we would be reimbursed as it was obviously the maid who broke it and didnt want to come clean (pardon the pun). He accussed of us wanting to swindle him! Then he eventually offered to buy a new bottle (it was Este Lauder, the largest bottle of Pleasures you can get worth more than 50pound) and we said we werent happy with that as it might be fake (you can buy a bottle of 'pleasures' for 5pound on the front and you know its not real). He exploded, saying we were accussing all of turkey of being fake and he didnt want to continue talking to us!!!
If that were not bad enough, the following occurred in our room:
- My shower gel and shampoo had been emptied and watered down and the only way you could have gotten the water wsa by twisting the pump top off!
-My shoes had been unbuckled (I never unbuckled them) and broke when I next wore them
-My daughters barbie shoes were stolen
-My daughters top had been jammed right under the 2 single beds into the middle so i would never have seen them unless we had lifted both beds 2 feet off the ground. Had I have left without checking this she would have claimed this for her own.

I dread to think what else she got up to in there.
Honestly, I felt so bad and violated that we asked that we no longer have the room cleaned. We told them that under no circumstances shoudl anyone else go in to the room and if we needed clean linen/towels or toilet roll that we would get it ourselves.

The manager finally reimburesed us 30 pound which we were grateful for but went no where near reimbursing us for a)the perfume and b)the stress of it all.

The rep was very helpful, and i think this is the only reason we got our measley 30pound and she said there had not been another incident of theft since the year before - which didnt exactly make me feel better but none the less puts it into perspective.

We got the impression from word of mouth/grapevine that the hotel manager, Ufuk, rules the hotel very much with an iron hand and we heard he had sacked 2 people the next day - lets hope it was our greedy chambermaid. He is feircly protective of his hotel and should be in a way, because the Belcekiz has a winning recipe. However, he seriously needs to take a course in customer service and anger management.

My advise, dont let this put you off, just stay vigilant, wherever you stay, and if you have any problems, dont talk to Ufuk! The rep is your best bet.

Proof of how good the hotel is in general is that this experience will not put me off returning becuase i loved all the hotel staff and entertainment/food so much.

Sorry if this review is too long, I just had to say what needed saying!

Happy holidaying!

• Liked — Food and entertainment
  • Disliked — Theiving chambermaid and rude hotel manager
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
13 Thank FKnight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
Reviewed October 24, 2007

Well what can I say - this was a lovely holiday

We stayed in 211 and 212 - the rooms were fine and clean and air conditioned included - there are no balconies that look over the pool - The bathroom was lovely and clean and the shower was so good we decided we need a new one at home. There is a hairdryer in the Bathroom also. The balcony was very small but we didn’t mind as the sun was not on it when we were in the room. Our teenage girls stayed in the room next door and this worked out very well as normally we have them in with us - self catering.

The Pool was lovely a little chilly but it was October and very very clean - the only usual problem was lack of sunloungers - you did have
to get up and put your towel down or you wouldn’t get one - we decided after a week of this - just to go to the beach it is just across the road and was so peaceful and lovely watching the waves and paragliders. We even sent one of the girls back to the hotel for the ice cream break haha.. Although of course you wouldn’t get your AI drinks at the beach.

The staff cannot do enough for you and very very good - the food itself was outstanding - and the teenagers managed to try new things and eat quite a lot in the time that we were there. I think we were spoilt and it might be a problem finding something else as nice for another holiday.

It was a little chilly at night - but again it was october - and we had excellent weather otherwise

The hotels provide beach towels which you can happily change daily - we took them out the hotel as well - and they seem happy with that as long as they get them back or you will be charged for loss of them.

The evening entertainment was quite funny - our teenagers wanted to go and watch it every night - so that was good as you know how critical and fussy they are! It passed time in the evening and some were actually v enjoyable.

When you step out of the hotel the beach is right in front and is beautiful - The beach is pebbles and its really hard on the feet in the water so water shoes are a must - we never got any and I am sure my feet were bruised.! Note of warning tho - there is a "shelf" in the water and it gets quite deep so just a warning for families with young children.. No-one bothered you on the beach and sunbeds and shades were available at a minimum cost. The sea was warmer than the pool!

We did a couple of trips..

Firstly - Paragliding.! We booked this through Easyriders. They were very nice and professional - it cost us £55 each, but price did vary up and down the beach. We took out extra insurance for this which was only £20 as I was advised that although they say they are insured
they are not insured to what we would think is right. A word of warning - if you get travel sick take some tablets - We watched the paragliders coming down and it looks so lovely - but when you are up there is can be a slightly bumpy and a little faster than it looks on the ground. Its definitely a must though if you fancy it. The kids
loved it. We did it twice - and the second time I took travel tablets
- I still felt a little sick but not half as bad as the first time - I had to ask him to come down the first time and nearly threw up in the middle of the sky!.. The bad bit is getting up in the bus - although they were fixing the road the 2nd time we went up.. All in all it is beautiful floating down out of the sky. And the views were outstanding.

We took a boat trip with thompson - which was on a Sunday only - the weather was a little cold in the morning (OCT) and then we were the whole day on the boat - it cost £100 for all of us to go and although
it was nice to be on a boat for the day - especially when it brightened up - it was way too expensive for what you got. Although the good thing about it was that there were only 24 of us on the boat
and there was plenty of space - unlike the Easyriders boat which crams people on it..

We also took a trip on our last day combined with the airport drop off which takes you to the mud baths and then to the beach that the turtles are on Dalyan - the beach is amazing and if you can get to it
before your last day that would be great as we only got an hour on it.! The mud baths are fun and def a must - again thompson charged us
a fortune for this trip. Others along the seafront were offering it much cheaper.

Not sure what else there is to say really - if you are thinking on going - you are making the right choices - there is hardly any hastle
- just the usual holiday banter you get anywhere.

Have fun

• Liked — The people
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
13 Thank julsngraham
NORTHERN IRELAND
Reviewed October 13, 2007

Having read reviews previously we were excited to go but to be honest it was just ok-def not 5 star -prob about a 4!
The rooms were fine, small but really clean, by the time a cot and buggy was in, there wasnt a lot of room! The rooms are cleaned every day and fresh towels left which was great. You can choose to have room service or not.
As it is a large hotel, (over 200 rooms) we were really disappointed to note that there were only 10 sunbeds at the kids pool which were taken really early in morning.Hardly enough.
A week is def long enough here as the food can get monotonous and boring-but good standard.
Staff are great and always helpful but if you want a quiet week away and to be left alone its not for you!
Having been to Olu Deniz a number of times, I would compare it to Asena Beach where we stayed 3 years ago. We will prob go back next year to Olu but prefer the choice of eating out and will prob go B & B or Montana PIne.

• Liked — Central location
  • Disliked — Lack of general privacy
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank TOPGUN71
Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel, Oludeniz,
Reviewed October 11, 2007

just returned from a fantastic week at this hotel you could not ask for more
the food was top class who could resist the puddings (not I )and the staff went out of their way to make your holiday very enjoyable , they were frendly,polite,do anything for you . From the dining room to the bars to the entertainment staff you could not ask for any better they certainly made our holiday.

Stayed September 2007
4 Thank dee017
cambridgeshire
Reviewed October 4, 2007

This hotel is amazing! i cant really understand people who dont like it?? i have been there 8 TIMES!!! and plan to go back for the 9th next june.
ok if you are looking for a romantic getaway and hate anyone under the age of 20 then this hotel isnt for you. however if you are not and are looking for a fun holiday then you should book up right away.
i would recommend this hotel to anyone with children, a girly holiday (if single) and people looking for a good time.
the staff are very enthusiastic and nothing is ever too much trouble! the entertainment team are always having a laugh and getting people to join in. they do come round asking for people to take part but if you polietly tell them no they dont overpower and insist, they will leave you to your own divices.
the turkish people are the freindliest people i have ever met, you cant fault them unless you hate any attention being payed towards you!
in the daytime most people laze about in the sun round the pool or you can go to the beach and pay for a sun bed and unberella which are 5lira each. the hotel supply you with towels and you can go and change them as often as you like. to get a sunbed round the pool you will have to get up by 8.00am as after that they probably have all gone, however there are plenty of free sunbed in the gardens which,in my opinion, is a nicer surrounding than the the pool.
in the evenings you can choose whether you eat in the buffet resturant or go for the a la carte which is just a little extra money. but both serve nice food. the entertainment shows start at 9pm i think and the micheal jackson show is really the only one worth watching, but the other ones can be a laugh aswell. after these shows have finished most people go to the plaza bar where there is an outside disco which is excellent for both adults and children. the entertainment team get everyine dancing and they stay on it all night long! the music is sometimes repetative and is loud, but it is a disco!
You can also go to the pool bar which is more relaxed playing quieter music and is more geared up for having drinks and talking.
the drinks at the hotel are quite weak (im told) but this is probably because they dont want people getting drunk, as this is an all inclusive hotel people can have as meny drinks as they like becasue they are free.

i must admit that the first and second time me and my family went it was half board and didnt attract the same sort of people as it does now, and if you dont like the 'football shirt' crowd then this hotels isnt for you. also there are alot more children here.

apart from the negative bits i said this is still the best hotel i have been to ever, and would definatly recomend it to almost everyone!!!!!

Beth! x

• Liked — everything!!!
  • Disliked — nothing!!!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
8 Thank babezclark
Spalding, Lincolnshire
Reviewed October 4, 2007

Came back last week from our fourth visit to the Belcekiz. I agree with another reviewer that some of the staff are younger this year, but they were still very friendly and did their jobs well. We were both ill as well, but we know it was nothing to do with the hotel or the food. It was an airborne virus that lasted 24 hours. I think I got it from a couple we met on a trip and my husband got it two days after me. While we were there, more and more people were going down with it every day so it couldn't possibly be the food. Besides that, we heard of people at other hotels with it and even at other resorts. It must have been passed on when people went on trips.
It spoilt the holiday a bit, but Mehmet (the restaurant manager) looked after us very well, bringing us herbal tea and even having the chefs make us a special (plain) meal as everything at the buffet was either spicy or in some kind of sauce.
This year's new entertainment team were good, but we missed Air (entertainment team from the previous three years we'd been there). We heard he was running fishing trips in the resort, but didn't manage to find him. If Sunny's reading this, good luck with the wedding next year and your new life in Leeds! And good luck to Richie and Nelly as well. You make a lovely couple!
Being ill didn't put us off at all. We'll be back again as soon as we can. We're both quite shy people and can sometimes go away for a fortnight and hardly speak to anyone, but everyone at the Belcekiz is so friendly that we don't feel lonely and we don't have to make the first move. They just come up and chat to us like they've known us forever!
If Geoff and Carol are reading this, sorry we missed you. We left on the 24th. We only overlapped by one day last year and probably only just missed you this year. Hope you're both well.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The virus!!!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Alison and Keith
Dorset
Reviewed October 1, 2007

We have just returned from a 2 week holiday at the Belcekiz & can honestly say it was the best holiday we have ever had. The staff are excellent and cannot do enough for you, the food is fantastic & the facilities were great. The hotel is really clean, and the rooms are a fair size with plenty of storage space. We really enjoyed the entertainment (which is nightly), with the team enjoying themselves as much as the guests.

All the staff are sooo friendly and ensure you are well looked after. There is not much more anyone could do to make sure you have the holiday you want. We met a number of people that return to this hotel year after year & sometimes 3 or 4 times a year.

Well done all at the Belcekiz and like plenty of others we shall be back next year. Many many thanks for a great holiday.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple