“Great location” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #75 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
doncaster
“Great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel is in fantastic location in the stunning resort of olu deniz. We were given a room in the new block over looking the entertainment pool, the room was fairly new and tastefully decorated, with a powerfull shower, a double bed , a fridge and a kettle. The food was ok, sometimes didn't have great choices and the dining room was like a school canteen at times queuing to get food and waiters not so quick to clear tables. We found that at night their wasn't many places to sit and relax and when busy the place didn't seem big enough for the amount of guests. The staff were friendly and did do their best. We did go out quite a lot for a nice meal and drinks as it's just a short walk into town. Olu deniz is a great place and theirs plenty going on. This hotel is good value for money and we did enjoy our holiday.

2 Thank Sarah1980doncaster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Leicestershire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Took me years to convince my wife to go to Turkey,went in May 2013,also took our 22 year old daughter.Really nice hotel,our room set in lovely plant laden gardens,room could be described as tired.Food choice was excellent,all inclusive bars served its purpose.After a few days my daughter seemed to be getting more and more attention from a particular young waiter.We found out he had tracked down her room number,putting a note written on a napkin requesting to see her on the beach.There was then an incident when my wife was upset by the increasing degree of lewd comments from a barman.For our own safety I decided to do nothing,On the final day I thought I would bring these unfortunate incidents to the managers attention,nobody was available.We were handed a questionnaire whilst waiting for the coach to take us to the airport.I put down my concerns,stating what I have above,also quoting my email address,requesting a communication.No response has ever been received.On the flight home we were handed more questionnaires.Reading my daughters comments she had neglected to tell us the waiter had put another napkin under her door on another occasion stating he wanted to have sex with her on the beach.Again I requested an email to me to follow up these incidents by First Choice,again no communication.Needless to say we will never return to Turkey.Whilst you cannot control what happens in the Street, astounded this happens in the 'safety' of your Hotel.Ps on visiting a local market a stall holder,in front of his mother & in front of me touched both her breasts,I pulled her away from the area.Back to Greece I think,Turkey,no way,ever again.

Room Tip: As I said ,females watch out.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Simon P
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

For what we paid to stay at this hotel again for a week all inclusive in October its a bargain. You can eat & drink all day long with no stupid restrictions on how many drinks you are allowed at one time and always good food/snacks available practically all day. Yes some of the rooms are a bit dated but I have stayed here 4 times and never had to change rooms. The maids are in every day to clean and with fresh towels left, room was very clean. The bar staff and entertainment crew were great fun and all up for a laugh although the DJ was lacking in good taste of music. The hotel sits right on beech and the main resort streets for bars, shops, etc is 3-4 minutes walk. I have stayed all over the world America, spain, italy, china etc, etc and although its not the best hotel I have stayed in pound for pound for what we paid it is definitely up there with the best. To sum up if you want a good relaxing, fun holiday close to beach & resort centre with decent food & drink you cant go much wrong with this place.

5 Thank wayneoo37
bucks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

In October this year myself my sister and our partners stayed at this resort a spur of the moment
holiday that we thought we may regret the only thing I knew about his part of turkey was friends that had been there said go its good not even time to trip advise well not totally true but not as much as I would normally do.
the resort location is fantastic almost on the beach the strip is 5 mins away pubs bars restaurant's
shops you name it on the door step but not in your face.
What I really really like was all the shops left you alone to look truly no hassle I loved it I would say a wee bit dated for teens the music was to my taste but for the twenty something's and under
maybe a tad old hat but still a lot of fun dancing boys on the bars instead of scantily clad girls made for a change for us girls and a laugh lots of cover artists in various bars great fun.
a fantastic lagoon not to deep sandy a change from beach which is both shingle and sand and shelves quite quickly you do need sand shoes for this beach and sea also for boat and island trips as you do have to wade of the boats to shore so those not good on your feet be warned.
the resort is pretty located in well kept gardens lit at night low buildings set in the gardens
the rooms are clean serviceable not any luxury in them bathrooms could do with a update but
having said that the were cleaned to a good standard every day quiet easy to find 4pools including kiddie pool 1 secluded pool behind our room small but had it own bar,
a mixed pool large for all a activity pool for younger end where all games aerobics ect went on
and baby pool all fit for purpose.
restaurant was large plenty staff all were very friendly clean, the food was good not fantastic but good lots of chicken and fish done various ways the odd beef or lamb dish stewed but lots of salads and vegs chips spuds done in various way if you couldn't find something you liked then you would be very fussy. Breakfast for me was the only let down no omelettes just fried eggs
one toaster to queue for I know that I could have the cold meat bread option but that is not to my taste in the morning any other time I would have a go,I also did not think I should have to pay for juice on all inclusive never have before.
there are bars at all pools and lobby bar and main pool bar in evenings no tonic for me was a let down they give you soda not the same you also had to pay for rum not good and wine was undrinkable but not quite as bad as wine in Dominican republic if you've been there
well that's my take on my stay here yes I would go back on the whole I really like it but have to tell it warts and all.
the last note this area is noted for paragliding we spent many a hour watching them sail in and land its quite a thing to see recommended for a afternoon with a few beers.

Room Tip: new rooms are around activity pool if you don't mind the early wake up go for these we were in...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank blackie57
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Arrived following a week on the Thomson Celebration and what a let down. The first room we were offered was in the new block but right by the kids pool. We went to reception and got offered room 502, which was by the relax pool. The room was very old and dated but quiet. The hotel was not at the rating advertised. The bath in our room wasn't white but grey! The pool towels you had to leave a £10 deposit for had really seen better days, very worn, some stained. We were all inclusive but ate out most nights due to the food being warm and to be honest not a great selection... chicken mainly. You had to pay 15 TL for a cocktail, even though we were all inclusive. The hotel greatly lacked entertainment... bingo, a quiz, karaoke...one night there were some break dancers doing a show which lasted about 15 minutes. The hotel main reception is the only place you can sit to have a drink, wifi was available there. I spoke to the hotel rep who really didnt seem to be interested in our questions, just kept asking what we would have liked to have seen in the restaurant...hot food would have been a bonus! Location wise couldnt be more pefect! Especially if you fancy paragliding! Which we did twice. The 13 th air games were on whilst we were there, lots of para gliders to keep you entertained whilst having a drink on the sea front. The beach is a 2 minute walk fron the hotel, beautiful clear water. I would definitely go back to the area but choose a different hotel!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank teresa C
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We came the Oludeniz in the 1st week of October, where the nights are getting colder and days a bit shorter. Arrived aroud midnight so there wasn't much to eat at that time - just grabbed some bread and butter from the kitchen. Been led to our room nr. 301 on ground floor (member of staff delivered our luggages), which was just aweful..dumpy, cold and you could smell cats. Went to reception to change it, but been told we need to wait till midday next day (we have been lucky in was the end of the season, as it may not be possible if the hotel is full). Came back to that room and went to sleep, but was so cold (and there were only sheets to cover on the bed) that we slept in our clothes shaking all night (seriously, do not remember when I have been so cold at night last time). Next day we have swapped the room to 505 on 1st floor - it smelled lovely, was lighter and we felt much better. We even found thick blankets in the wardrobe and been laughing that in 301 they probably been there too, and we just didn't know. We used these blankets till the end of the stay, as it is very hot during the day, but some nights were very cold. Rooms are a bit tired and bathrooms need modernisation (especially shower over bath), but it was ok-ish. The rooms on the other side of the resort looked much better, but these are probably suites, and we had the basic package. In the room there is a mirror, paid safe locker, buttle of water in the fridge, TV, kettle and selection of teas and coffees, blankets, quite a few cabinets and a wardrobe. Bathroom have shower gel dispenser and soap. The cleaners left us a flower and towel art on the 3rd night, which was very nice. The layout of the hotel is lovely, the whole architecture, colours, plants are just fantastic. Was very pleased with the swimming pools, as at that time there was no problem with access to the sunbeds. They tend to get very hot so take towel with you. You can rent a towel for deposit £10 or 30 lira (I suggest pounds, as when you return towels at the end of your stay you may not have where to spend these liras). The drinks are local, so if you want something like malibu you need to pay 15 lira (also for coctails). Drinks are paid after midnight. The food was good, wide selection of local and international dishes, so everyone will find something they like. On the sunny tarrace they serve really amazing food, so suggest to stroll there first. It is totally hot there, but you can see paragladers flying over your head. There is also a stand where a lady is doing turkish pancakes (gozleme) - it is in open in between the lunch and dinner time. Also there is a side kitchen where you can eat something then, but do not expect a big selection there. There is also freshed bakes pizza every day (from the stove) - it is made next to the swimming pool and bar, so you can have it straight from the stove. Wifi is free and unlimited around the reception, and swimming pools, so some rooms may still catch the signal, but our was too far. Have seen a computer for guests next to reception, so if you do not have any mobile device you can access internet from there. Staff is friendly and helpful. I haven't seen entertainment team to be active during the day, only around 9pm for an hour. Loved the fire show. The stage is outside. The location is great - on the side of the resort the exit is 1 minute away from the beach, shops and restaurants. There is also a portier watching the gates, so outsiders cannot come in into the hotel. At the end of the stay we left our luggages in the locked room and strolled to the beach. The key to that room is at the reception, and every guest can have access to it if asks for the key, so it is safe-ish. You can take a shower after check-out downstairs in the SPA, but they do not provide towels or shampoos etc. There is sauna and jacuzzi for free for hour or two at the afternoon, but haven't been using it, so cannot comment. Overall very nice stay.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms (especially 301) as they may be very dumpy. Generally rooms ending on 1-4 a...
1 Thank Szamanka
Derby, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We arrived october 18th, 5 minutes to midnight to be told we had five minutes to get a drink and some food. The food being a choice of olives and tomatoes and bread. We found this poor especially as we had paid full price for the 18th. Arriving in the room we found the mini fridge to be stocked with one bottle of water, this was the last time the fridge was stocked with anything for the duration of the stay. The room was clean and tidy. With regards to the TV the choice of channels compared to other places we have stayed in Turkey was very very poor and the TV in need of replacement especially when other guest mentioned the nice flatscreen in their rooms. The hotel itself is in a excellent position and excellent value for money. We found sunbeds freely available and the pools and surrounding areas clean and very well kept. The staff were friendly and spoke very good english and coming towards the end of their season did a good job of entertaining everyone. The use of the Sun City beach club at the lagoon was a highlight of the holiday with free entry/sunbeds and a nice restaurant. With regards to dining it is understandable why this hotel gets mixed reviews. We found breakfast great with plenty of choices. With regards to lunch and diner Chicken or Fish was the main choice of meats done in all sorts of ways. We found the choices of salads to be to our taste and this brought some variety to our meals. A shame really as on the odd night they excelled themselves with some excellent turkish food and a fantastic calamari stir fry. This sadly was not regular enough. The outside bar was ok with an ok choice of drinks.
We found Olu deniz a bit to quite for our liking in October the weather during the day was great but on more than one night we sat huddled outside a bar in front of a fire! Another downside to our holiday was a early morning trip to Hisaronu market, getting there early to get back to the pool we arrived to be one of the few who arrived just as they opened. After twenty minutes of being hassled, insulted, intimidated and sworn at by nothing more than a bunch of thugs we left. Browsing some of the local shops we bumped into other couples/families who had experienced the same. A shame really as we thought Turkey had improved in these areas recently. Despite some of the negative comments we enjoyed our time here and love Olu deniz. We would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel as excellent value for money. Especially if you love chicken!!

Room Tip: The rooms above the hotel appear to have been modernized. Although some overlook the pool/bar areas
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family