“BEST HOLIDAY EVER!”

Ranked #75 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“BEST HOLIDAY EVER!”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed at Olu Deniz Hotel for 1 week from 22 August. It was the best holiday I've ever had and my friend said the same. As two young women on holiday alone it could have been easy for either of us to feel unsafe at times but we were both very relaxed in both the hotel and surrounding area and very happy to walk around at night.
The hotel is beautiful and laid out so well that it never felt busy or overcrowded. It was superbly clean in all areas and pool choice is fantastic.
Food was more than adequate lots of choice and the salad is to die for!!!
The staff at the hotel are fantastic! Very fun and friendly and amazingly polite. Special mention to bar staff who are very entertaining and made for a lot of laughs around the bar! Anyone going soon say hello to Muhammet and Chumar (I think thats how you spell their names) from Liz and Mel The scottish girls!
A great hotel for families, older people, couples and friends alike. Lots of activities available. We did Dalyan discovery which was a beautiful boat trip, paragliding and scuba diving which was fantastic!.
I honestly cannot think of anything bad to say about any part of our holiday except that I had to come home!!
Will definatly be going back to this hotel, Thanks to all there for a holiday we will never forget!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Solihull
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Spent 10 days in Oludeniz resort and found it the most amazing place for a holiday. Everything was perfect, from the scenery to the food, staff and other guests. Because of the layout, the place doesn't appear very full and sunbeds are available all day, some cheeky people take more than their share of brollies though!!. Ideal place for children and the older ones can wander around quiet safely, (although it helps if you have a Graham!! around watching them). The town itself is a couple of minutes walk away and has everything there, lovely restaurants, try upstairs in the Buzz bar and watch the sun set. 99% certain we will go again next year.

10 Thank MrsSBSolihull
NoaHotelsTurkey, General Manager at NOA Hotels Oludeniz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
NOA - Ölüdeniz Resort Hotel employees and Managers are always working hard to make your stay very comfortable and we would like to thank you in the name of NOA HOTELS for your kind review. We are looking forward to welcome you soon again at our Hotel.
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My friend and I stayed at this hotel, a lovely complex set in the most stunning grounds. Our room was basic but very clean, the whole hotel had an excellent clean feel even the communal toilets at the pools (all 3 pools!). Fridge in room always stocked with water, air conditioning worked a dream. Food provided in some form all day long, and of course drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) Plenty of selection on the buffet meals - many different salads, fruits, fresh cooked bread, stews, vegetables, hot dishes. Only down side being not much hot food for vegetarians BUT the weather was too hot for me to eat anyway! The staff (restaurant, bar, entertainment, gardeners, cleaners, chefs) were all amazing (esp the barstaff). Oludeniz itself is GORGEOUS! 1 week is not enough to enjoy everything esp in August as it's way too hot to move anywhere fast :) I'm desperate to get back out there and already thinking ahead to possibly working a season somehow. Plenty of bars, friendly nightlife, Hisaronu and Fetiye only up the road too. I cannot recommend this hotel or resort strongly enough. We booked with Thomson but you wouldn't have realised - next time I will try to arrange things myself, sometimes I wonder why we use these agents... GET YOURSELVES THERE and ignore any negative reviews! Oludeniz = Paradise!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank KezOludeniz
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The staff, the food, the resort hotel and location absolutely faultless. The grounds are kept spotless and are breathtakingly beautiful, set in the mountain valley. The hotel room was spacious for the 3 of us and room for the 3 cases without having to move them all week. Bathroom clean and welcoming. Air conditioning at a touch of a button personal to the room. 3 swimming pools. We used the relax pool mainly for over 16's which was quiet and well ....relaxing with mountain views and para-gliders hovering overhead. Hotel is really quite quiet.

The food was extensive and whilst basics of salad remained the same, you were spoilt by the variety beautifully displayed and chilled. The show stations outside changed daily and offered and great taste of different freshly cooked foods. (you could even fry your own eggs out there in the morning) . As for the puddings. I will complain about these, as there were too many to choose from so we had to eat most of them. (There is fruit if really can be that good as resisting temptation).

The beach is not suitable for children as it is a steep stone bank with a large drop. There is the sandy beach with the lagoon which you have to pay for as it is National Trust . If you use the free beach invest in some swim shoes, however it is hilarious trying to get in and out.

Also watch prices from the beach front shops they are about 3 times as expensive on somethings that are in the Sainsbury's or market shops round the corner in town. We found a shop at the top of the resort strip selling Turkish delight buy one get one free at the same price as one purchase only. Whilst these shops look less inviting it actually saves you money so shop around .

We went Scuba diving at Lycia World on a try dive, good value for money but a little steep at £21 for a non diver, which means you sit about all morning get a lunch and sit about until 4 pm to come back . Small children may take advantage of their water park though. Drinks are only included with the meal and you have to buy a voucher for the rest of the day. The dive lasts about 20 to 25 minutes.

We can highly recommend the Ever Green Jeep Safari. Plenty of fun and local sights to be seen with a trip into the mountains, mud bath and Tubbing. Wonderful cooked lunch by the mountain river. You will get wet whether you expect it or not , especially if Murphy is the main guide on you trip but it made the banter and fun element even better.!

I can only repeat what has been said before, looking arleady to book again next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, this should then be away from the main pools if you have a late flight in
9 Thank Flossy047
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Had a great holiday with my husband... (first holiday without our children in 23 years! booked last minute with Future Travel and wasn't disappointed. Yes, reception tried to put us in the rooms across the road from the hotel but we asked if we could be in the main complex and they were very accommodating our room was lovely, cleaned everyday to a high standard (I'm fussy, I normally put my own towel over my pillow and will not walk on the floor without something on my feet) but the room was so clean this wasn't a problem! Food was fantastic offering a variety to suit all eaters, best all inclusive food i've ever had, and i've been going all inclusive for over 10 years now! Staff were very friendly, can't comment on the entertainment as we preferred to go for a walk along the main strip after dinner but what we did see was good and everyone seemed to be having a great time. I would say this hotel was suitable to all age groups; when we stayed in the hotel for the day we went round the adults only relaxing pool and it is adults only which was really good. We went to the Blue Lagoon a few times going to the National Park area and the other side (not paying) both sides were good and would strongly recommend a visit to both. I have never written a review on a holiday but enjoyed this so much, just had to share it... I will not hesitate to return to this hotel and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: If you don't like your room then ask to move reception team are most accommodating
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Sykers
NoaHotelsTurkey, General Manager at NOA Hotels Oludeniz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
We would like to thank you for your kind words. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay
our Hotel employees and the Hotel Management is working hard to make your stay comfortable and relaxing.
We hope to welcome you soon again.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Went for a week in August, 2011 with 2 children age 5 and 2. The hotel was lovely. There are 4 pools - adults only, child pool and 2 large pools both with childrens section and 1 with a slide. Plenty of choice with food and the entertainment was good. Children loved the kids disco. Staff very friendly and our room was spotless everyday.

6 Thank yoyo099
We would like to thank you for your kind review. We are very happy that you and your family have enjoyed your stay at our Hotel. All our employees and the Hotel management are working hard to make your holiday as comfortable and relaxing as possible.
We are looking forward to welcome you and your family soon again.
kent
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I spent a week at this complex with my 11 year old son first week of August, I have to say I was very impressed with the clenliness of the hotel, Our room was cleaned every day with fresh towels and bed linen. The restaurant was superb and meals were great with a huge selection for even the fussy eaters out there!. Entertainment every eveing and 1 minute from the beach and the main strip where there is shop after shope and bar after bar!!
My only dissapointment was that I paid for a deluxe sea view room for me & my son - well what a waste of money this was as no one advised me that these rooms are away from the main hotel complex and half way up a mountain, which unless your a trained marathon runner then you will sruggle with the walk up and down the mountain to get to your room. Plus I only could just about see the sea through the range of trees out side the window!! So dont bother with these rooms. The reception staff were very good though and moved us straight away.
There is an on site photographer called mehmet and his 2 collegues who will persuade you to let them take your pictures and take you to the beach at sunset for your photographs. I was very reluctant to have this done but in the end I relented and me and my son had our pictures done. I have to sy though the pictures were amazing and needless to say I spent a fortune purchasing them!! So take exta money as they are worth having. We done the Dalyan trip which is a well worth while day out plus you can do the paragliding for the dare devils out there.
So all in all a very good holiday and would recommend it highly, please ignore the bad reviews as I am a very fussy traveller and apart from the room issue could not fault the hotel at all.

10 Thank claire k
NoaHotelsTurkey, General Manager at NOA Hotels Oludeniz Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
We would like to thank you for your kind review. We are sorry that the Mountainside rooms were not as you were expecting them to be. Actually, we do receive special requests on these rooms, as they are right at the Mountainside, secluded from the town and offer a pure nature experience, but finally we are happy that you did like the room that you have moved afterwards. We have forwarded your kind comments about our Cuisine to our Chefs and the other mentioned employees and Photographer. Greetings and thanks from all.
Thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you soon again.