“Very disappointed”

Cuisines: Turkish, International
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had gone here after reading good reviews on trip advisor and were so disappointed, the warning bells started ringing when they didn't have the wine we ordered from the menu, they only had a choice of 2 white wines so we had beers instead, We were a party of four and only one meal was ok. We ordered kebeb which was very bland and flavourless, Chicken Kiev had to be returned as it was still quite pink when cut into and it lacked any garlic filling.The staff were quite attentive but the food definitely did not live up to the reviews we had read maybe they excel in a few dishes but certainly not the ones we ordered.

There are newer reviews for Swallows

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Decided to visit Swallows after reading so many wonderful reviews. First impression was wow, wonderful puffa bread and starters but sadly main course was so disappointing. We ordered beef ottoman which stated strips of beef, it was actually small cubes of beef and not at all tasty, more like a watery stew! Hubby tried liver and onions with mashed potato, liver was cut into small pieces but was not tender, mash potato looked more like instant potato and had no real taste. Complimentary coffee had a strange smell and tasted awful too. Very disappointed.

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

What can i say.. Perfect! From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave! Service is second to none and the food is stunning!
Always a favourite choice on every holiday!!

2  Thank SamTaylor2801
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a meal last night. Service was excellent. Seated immediately and napkins put on our laps. We had some bread given to us which suited me as I didnt want a starter. I had lamb shank whick just fell off the bone. My parner had a seafood casserole which was also lovely. Vegetables and potatoes not overcooked which I sometimes find happens when eating out. Very good vale and would definitely recommend. Thank you for your excellent service!

2  Thank Robins72
Reviewed October 3, 2013

both mine & my husbands meal excellent & good service. We shared starters & the free puffy bread. For main my husband had a seafood casserole which he said was great, I had chicken stuffed with nuts, fruit etc very unusual & very yummy.

1  Thank ljwaller42