“Worth a cheeky week....”

Manaspark Hotel Oludeniz
Ranked #28 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Worth a cheeky week....”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Having read numerous reviews before we went to the manspark I thought I’d write a review on my own experience when i stayed there at the beginning of October 2013 with my girlfriend.

While some people have pointed out things which I did experience, it isn’t all that bad.

Negatives:
I agree the food was repetitive; it wasn’t always made clear what it was you were eating (signs in Turkish), the local beer was terrible, they couldn’t always fully understand English ( I asked for a coffee once at the pool bar and the bar man started to pour a beer). Glasses were sometimes dirty in the restaurant, my girlfriend drank wine but it was a guess what size glass she would get it in, sometimes it appeared in a brandy glass?
Although it was all inclusive why give me a coffee in a mug which will be emptied in 3 mouthfuls so I have to go back and ask for another? Just put it in a bigger mug?
Agreed the music was played a bit too loud during the day (numerous times in Turkish) when all I wanted was silence to chill and relax. This is personal opinion though; people may enjoy music whilst relaxing?
Although this isn’t the manasparks fault, I found the walk in-between town and the hotel to be, let’s say, unflattering, which is a real shame. Open bins, unused/ messy ground, not well lit in the evening, uneven road surface. However all this can be missed by a short taxi ride, 10 lire – 3 quid!!
I also didn’t see nor have my glasses cleaned by anyone during my stay.
Finally, I have honestly never been in a colder swimming pool in my entire life! It just needs raising a few degrees.

Positives:
The views were amazing. I really enjoyed relaxing late afternoon by the pool with my girlfriend looking out to the sea with a drink watching the paragliders high in the sky.
The rooms were always spotless and cleaned on a daily basis; the cleaners did a fantastic job!
Kerim the waiter always made an effort and had a sense of humour, if he is there next year you’ll know instantly which he is.
The pool area was also very clean; with towels already out for you, which I thought was a really nice touch.
The grounds in which you stay were well maintained, the hammocks/ bean bag area was another nice touch. (Although you could be hounded by wasps).
The free ride to the hotels private beach and the beach itself is definitely worth the trip!
The waiters were polite and always available to refill your glass/ clear your plate.
Book a superior room!! It’s worth the extra ££.

Think about when you fly etc/ I believe checking out etc can be quite costly if you fly at a bad time, with keeping your room and access to the food/ drink. Luckily we didn’t encounter this issue because of our flights but we know others did and it wasn’t cheap for a day.

Would I go there again? Yes. Would I recommend it? Probably yes.

4 Thank Ste C

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just returned from the Manas Park this morning and my Wife and I had a brilliant Time!!! contrary to some reviews on here I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful even though they work long hours, as for the all inclusive drinks, Its 24 hours which i've never come across in Turkey and Brandy is included which is also unusual, I think some of the guests on here must have stayed at a different Hotel to me judging by the remarks as I could not fault the place .Ok the food isn't perfect but I always found something to eat and we always eat out a couple of nights a week as its part of the Holiday for me. All in all the Hotel and staff were great all the guests mainly British for a change were great and the booze was freely available whenever required and always offered to me at meal times.We were the last guests to leave before the Hotel closed for the Winter and were invited to the Staff Party which we accepted and had a great time. Big shout out to Screech ! you know who you are,and I'll definitely be returning at Easter or October next year.

Room Tip: Go for a superior room with the big sun terrace, lovely views and no noise.
2 Thank Mark H
West Sussex
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Arrived at 12.30am to find we were not given the room terrace room we requested and paid for. This one overlooked the roof of the restaurant and into the restaurant. They offered us another room which was practically the same and said could not have the room we wanted until after 1pm the next day so did not unpack. Room we were eventually given was perfect apart from the cupboard door under the sink which fell off as soon as we touched it, shower was brilliant, room was big and terrace was onto grass, no noise from bar and pool when patio doors closed, perfect. Being at the bottom of the hill meant a big climb back up for breakfast etc. Didnt bother with the pool, thats a first for us. Nothing wrong, just seemed loud and not to my liking. Spent all our days exploring the area with our hire car and finding beaches. Bring your beach shoes as it is pebbles and not easy to walk on. Saying that we drove to Patara beach where is it all sand. Didnt go to Sun City beach as lots of reviews of the lagoon were saying the water is not filtered much with the tide there were many illnesses being caught. We have only just got back and Oludeniz is lovely, not too big, but lots of the bars, restaurants had closed by the 31st October.
Most people were unhappy with the food, same every breakfast, lunch and dinner same, same, same. Lots of people eating out as it got very boring. We into Oludeniz one morning, 15 min walk downhill and had a full english for 10tl that around £3.50 each. Lunch around £4-£6 each. Taxi back to hotel is about 10tl from taxi rank at bottom of the hill, but you have already walked half way back.Had to check out by mid-day and offered all-inclusive and room till 5pm for 20tl each. Then no-where to go indoors until our pick up at 7.30pm and it was very chilly in the evenings. No secure storage for your luggage, just kept outside reception. Weather during the day was warm around 24, sunrise was about 7am and dark by 5pm. Perfect for a half term break but wouldnt go to this hotel again, lots of better ones in town.

Room Tip: Terrace rooms on the ground floor with grass area or floor above are much bigger, quieter and bright...
1 Thank joshuaWestSussex
haverfordwest
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just returned from Manas Park oludeniz,arrived at 4.30am helped with luggage and everything was explained clearly and with a cheerful smile.last week of season so 75% capacity,no problems food good but not always pipping hot,friendly staff,walk to centre approx 15mins but a steep last climb into hotel on the way back.
Pool very cold but it was end october,view from balcony lovely watched the paragliders for ages,mosque 5.30am so bring ear plugs lol.all in all a nice relaxed week a holiday it was you make it after all

• Stayed October 2013
Rhyl
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have just returned home after a fantastic holiday at the manas park hotel with our 7 year old daughter, the location of this hotel is breathtaking but only takes 10 minutes to walk to the town and beach, yes there is a short steep slope back but if you don't like it you can get a taxi for only £3, the food is fantastic we didn't have a bad meal once, fresh omelettes in the morning and plenty of choice in the evenings, food mostly Turkish which we loved but if you want English food stay at home, the al a carte restaurant was the best meal we had. The staff are so friendly and can't do enough for you, no entertainment, just music and nice fire in the evening which is great if you just want a chilled out holiday but plenty of bars 10 mins walk away. Sun City beach is amazing and free bus takes you and picks you up. This was my first visit to turkey and was very impressed and we will be booking the manas park again on our next visit.

Room Tip: 1700 on highest floor with fantastic sea views and quiet rooms except mosque but you will find that...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lovethesun58
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I who are in our mid twenties and my wife’s parents who are in their sixties holidayed at Manas Park for 9 nights mid September on an all inclusive basis.

We did not enjoy our stay at Manas Park for the following reasons:
The staff were mostly impolite and dismissive. I put this down to the fact that they are overworked after two waiters told us that they worked 18 hour shifts most days. Therefore it’s no wonder they were grumpy as I would be too if I had to work that long. One younger female receptionist however was extremely rude and made us feel like absolute idiots. In general the staff made us feel like we were an inconvenience to them.
The staff were inconsistent as one night my wife was able to get martini and coke and another night they said it wasn’t included and would cost 10 lira. Not very many different types of alcohol were included then and certainly no list is given to explain what is. There was no one going around cleaning sunglasses by the pool by the way. I don’t know how so many people say that happened as it never happened to us and we never saw it get offered to any other holiday makers. Very rarely were we asked if we wanted a drink at meal times, we mostly had to call waiters over who were never happy to help. The only time the service was acceptable was the nights I tipped them.

The rooms aren’t very clean, the air conditioning smelt awful as did the toilet, the bathroom was very cheaply made, the soap dispenser continuously fell off and the showerhead kept coming off its hook resulting in the bathroom being soaked.

The food was generally ok however our free night at the al la carte restaurant was disgusting as our food was literally stone cold. We would have asked them to take it back but did not feel comfortable asking in light of the way previous concerns had been dealt with by the grumpy staff and to have it reheated wouldn’t have been appropriate due it being rice and chips. There are wasps everywhere in the restaurant and not all the food is covered. Didn’t bother us but if you have phobias or issues with insects or wasps then you wouldn’t be able to eat at the hotel.

There wasn’t much in the way of entertainment but when there was (every 3 nights) a dance troupe or the like it didn’t last long and was poor. The evening entertainers were always adolescents so it seemed as though they were local kids doing a high school production. It wasn’t any better than that. Games you can play there were dart or table tennis (there was only one dart at the dart board.) No other games were put on- water polo or the like as there is no animation team.

On the positive side: the hotel is really nicely situated. The older woman (she’s not old just the oldest out of the two women there) who worked the reception was so lovely. The food is really nice and healthy. The views are stunning. The garden with the hammocks and beanies is so nice and nicely kept too. It’s really nice to sit in the garden during the day or night. It’s not a bad walk to town but we’re pretty fit and walk up a much longer and just as steep hill to get to our house but for others that might be an issue. It’s a quiet hotel at night unlike the ones in the town- that would be tough. The other hotels you see rubbish just lying outside them but you don’t get that at Manas park. It’s great to have the free water and fizzy soft drinks in your room- very thoughtful. The poolside was spotless as was the pool and all colourful at night which was pretty. Other guests seemed pleasant- nice clientele. The private beach is great and the sweetest driver takes you there.

The hotel has potential but my advice would be to get in some polite and friendly staff and don’t work them for 18 hour shifts!!! We left unhappy/disappointed with our overall experience at Manas Park and it certainly wasn’t worth the money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynal86
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I wholeheartedly agree with every positive review on this hotel. What more can I add about that hasn't already been said!! The location and views are amazing, we had no problems with the food, if we wanted typical english food we would have stayed at home.! We came looking to have a good holiday and we went home having had an amazing, brilliant time!
Every member of staff we met were a credit to the hotel, from the maids, the chefs, Arzu at the front desk, the ever smiling Kerim, the waiters/bar staff: Ibrahim, Sevket and Emrah to name but a few. They were polite, helpful, friendly and made you feel welcome.
We are returning next year without a doubt and hope we will see many familiar faces!

• Stayed October 2013