“Great week's holiday”

Ranked #26 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
London, United Kingdom
“Great week's holiday”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We have just had one week at Manas Park Hotel but wish we could have stayed longer. Great hotel with fantastic views down to the sea at Oludeniz, and plenty of space to relax and chill out. Everything at the resort is within easy reach by walking or by free hotel shuttle service. The rooms were well fitted out and kept spotlessly clean with every room having a sea view, which has to be a plus. The buffet food was great as there was lots of choice and well cooked, buffet style so that you could eat as much as you wanted of whatever you fancied. I believe there is a good A'la Carte menu for those who want to choose something special from the menu. I found the staff friendly and eager to help which always makes the holiday a more enjoyable experience. The entertainer Erol is a lovely guy and a born entertainer. Even though there were not a great number of guests in the hotel, he had just started his evening shows. Wish I could come back and see more later in the year.... I can definitely recommend this hotel and hope to come back again sometime but for 2 weeks next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mustafa K

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We have just returned from a week at Manas Park hotel in Oludeniz. It was opening week so there was still a bit of prep work going on such as painting and the entertainment team only started their evening shows on the night that we were leaving but everything was fantastic! Erol is a brilliant entertainer and had nicknames for pretty much everyone including me and my boyfriend (Cheeky monkey and monkeys boss!). All the staff were friendly and attentive apart from when we sat in the restaurant for our meals, we usually had to wait a while for someone to take our drinks order and sometimes we would give up waiting and go to the bar ourselves. The food was buffet style and had a large selection of hot food and salads. The views from the hotel are amazing. There are hills and mountains all around you and you can look straight down to the sea. It is set up on the hill above Oludeniz but it is only a short walk down to the beach (10minutes tops) and there is a large selection of restaurants, bars and cafes. There is also alot of souvenior shops and places selling trips. A good tip is to go to the shops selling the trips as we found that they were alot cheaper than buying them through your rep.
The blue lagoon beach is a must. It cost 5TL pp to get into the beach and 9TL pp for a sunlounger but it is beautiful. If you are staying at Manas Park you can also go to some of the beaches in the lagoon for free and they provide a shuttle service from the hotel aswell.
All in all a brilliant hotel and we would definately go back!

Room Tip: From what I saw all the rooms were fantastic so it depends on what floor you would prefer to be on...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank natasha c
Fife
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This was my first time to Turkey, first time travelling solo and first time going to an all inclusive hotel. I'd been advised that this was a 4 star hotel but after seeing different star ratings I'm not entirely sure so I'll base this on the 4 star booking I made.
The hotel itself was beautiful and I have to give top marks to the non-intrusive cleaning staff, these ladies are stars themselves and I felt that whoever was doing my room deserved a wee leaving gift of a bottle of perfume which I hope she got :) so can't fault the cleanliness of the hotel...just spot on!!
In regards to the food, I thought the food tasted fine (although I have to admit that I didn't always eat in the hotel so probably had no more than 7 meals there) but that it didn't represent the delicious variety of turkish cuisine. As it's buffet I'd suggest to anyone going to get to the restaurant quickly as it will cool down due to the open air seating. I did feel that there could be a little more to the breakfast. I only had it once but wasn't all that impressed with the hotdogs and the large tomatoes covered in cheese...plus using tongs for eggs isn't practical guys...pop out a wee spatula next time :) I think that the hotel could benefit from giving 2 options when it comes to guest dining. The buffet is fine but if, like me, you don't always want buffet and the hotel would rather have you spend some of your money dining there, they could offer a separate menu which you can order from and pay for, just to give a wider choice.
I've seen reviews saying that people had to pay for some drinks (including bottled water?) I didn't experience this. All my drinks were included, right down to the popular Efes, so not sure if they've maybe changed their policy?
The staff were polite when asked for assistance although the language barrier did prove difficult (not their fault, their english is far superior to my turkish) but when I did ask where I could buy and adapter as my own had broken, they kept thinking I was wanting to change my room. But like I say, they were polite and helpful when addressed and the entertainment chappy was always very happy and cheerful.
On the point of entertainment though, I have to say I didn't see much, although this may be down to the fact that (as I hadn't seen any notices of activities or anything other than a dart board and ping-pong table) I always went down into the town for entertainment. The chap running the entertainment did advise me of a couple of activities that were going on in the evening (a quiz and shooting) but I chose to seek other entertainment in town as the hotel was very quiet and I didn't think there'd be much attendance.
I've seen people complain about the location of the hotel due to the walk up to it from town. Yes the hill is quite steep, I wouldn't recommend this hotel for wheelchair users as I could envisage a comical disaster taking place, but I personally found it to be good exercise. I managed to walk up and down it in high heeled wedges so it couldn't have been that bad :)
The facilities and rooms at the Manas Park are lovely, nice pool, great sun bathing area, lovely gardens and the view is just stunning!! I'd say the beds could do with being a little bit softer but that's just a personal opinion.
All in all, I think that if you enjoy all inclusive buffet meals and are looking for a clean and attractive base for your holiday or a great location to sit in the sun and bake then the Manas Park is ideal, especially for couples. Enjoy your stay :)

Room Tip: Try to avoid being under the bar area, I was under this and as there had been a wedding one night an...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Ruby R
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Just returned from a week at the Manas Park Hotel and although it was obviously opening week, we had a fab time. Staff were friendly and attentive, especially "Bloody Erol" who is in charge of entertainment. Fantastic location with best views and short walk to Olu Deniz and good transport links to nearby towns and markets. Paid for room upgrade to have the loungers on our terrace and worth while for the views. Food and drink is totally acceptable, although not the biggest selection but has variety on a daily basis. Weather was fab for this time of year (mid 30's all week), met some great people and will be going back to Manas Park later this year. Believe it to be best resort in the area for location, views and facilities.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alan R
Reviewed April 30, 2012

It was pretty much opening week when we arrived so there was some prep work going on around us, but it was very unobtrusive, staff are great, food is very good, bar is now well stocked, location is perfect a short walk downhill to olu deniz, or a short walk to main road to catch a dolmus up to hisaronu which we have now visited for 5th time on holiday (2002,2003,2004,2008 and this time, so there must be something good about the area), we will be back to manas park for 2 weeks next time on 7th september this year (1 week is just not enough in Turkey).

Its a little early in the season as there is a lot of shops and bars still getting ready to open, but still plenty going on in both resorts, weather for April has been great 30 deg today,

Rain is on its way but it has been saying that on accuview weather of yesterday and today, so we live in hope ! I would recommend Manas park to anyone young, old (a bit steep for really elderly) or families.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank paulwestsussex
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed November 16, 2011

It's the very good 3-stars hotel! We're stayed there for 3 weeks with the small baby. The hotel is located beyond Oludeniz, closer to the mountains, on the hill. Therefore, there are great views of the sea, mountains and Oludeniz from all the terraces and most rooms . The hotel isn't big (70 rooms), has a small number of staff - If you want you can keep in mind all the names on the third day :). Thank you - Ali, Zafer, Ufuk, Sam and the pleasant receptionist (Sorry, I didn't ask her name:)! The staff are very friendly and helpful. It is always possible to solve any problems if they arise. The food is in the Hotel Turkish style:), but not sharp, many dishes from eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, mostly chicken in various forms, but cook it well. Especially the chef was cooking well: kebab, meat balls and barbecue (evenings). A couple of days a week was fish for dinner. The selection of sweets isn't big. Alcohol: Beer - no "Effes", only "Taps". I liked - it has a more intense and bitter taste than "Effes". The rest is the local vodka, rakya and gin. Vodka is like everywhere in Turkey, no good:) The rakya with water or a gin and tonic is quite possible to drink without a hangover in the morning. The table wine (red or white) are normal. The hotel area is small and smoothly into the surrounding landscape. The nice relax zone is to the right of the main building - parasols, sunloungers, hammocks and "the pig-chairs". The pool is clean, with the pure water, the background music is usually 60-70s rock. The dance pop-music has a place in the bar at night:). The Oludeniz Beach is 1 km from the hotel. There a parasol and sun lounger costs about € 6. The water is very clean, small waves sometimes. In the morning the hotel's bus goes to another beach, to the Blue Lagoon (3-4 km). There everything is free, except the bar and the rental of pedal boats. There is a small playground, a garden with hens, the gray sand, no waves, the soft entrance into the water - It's the perfect place for children. About the evening's entertainments ... basically it is a bar that is open until the last customer:) but sometimes Sam tries to organize karaoke, watching movies and competitions. One day the dance turkish show was, I liked it. Another day the man with a guitar arrived, played guitar and singing the Turkish and popular songs - it was the very good gig with the excellent sound. The hotel was recently renovated, so the state of most of the rooms is very good, new plumbing.
Important! 1. No animation. It's good for me:) 2. The Wi-Fi works only into the bar:). In our room wasn't!3. The bus goes to the Blue Lagoon in the morning but return at 5pm. The taxi to the hotel costs 7 euro. 4. As the hotel is was build on a hillside - the road from the lower terrace to the reception has about 50 meters steep climb. Do you like any sport?:) 5. Exactly at 23.00. "all inclusive" stops. The after-party can be only for the your money:) 6. The noise in the bar until 12 at night. It's not good for rooms near the pool. 7. Sometimes I was feeling a specific "odor of drains" in the bathroom. 8. The minaret is near the hotel. The muezzin is the great singer
Best reg Alex and Anna from Moscow

Room Tip: It's better to order the hotel rooms on the second floor - huge balconies, terraces overlooking...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank AlexHimki11
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Hotel has excellant views, good rooms clean and tidy, its the rest that you come to expect that was not there, Service terrible, food disgusting, would go back to Oludeniz just not that hotel,
Miranda & Gary, Lincoln