“1st visit excellent, 2nd visit not so good”

The Blue Star Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 119 Restaurants in Oludeniz
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated next to The Magic Tulip Beach Hotel. We tried several of leading restaurants reviewed on Trip Advisor. com but all agreed we had the best meal in the most comfortable surroundings with first class service at this Restaurant, which caters for all tastes!
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visited Blue Star and had a great meal, good drinks and excellent service so we re-visited the next week. Couldn't put our finger on it but it just wasn't the same. Something was lacking, it was all ok, nothing to complain about, it wasn't as good as the first visit though. The Lamb Shank especially just wasn't very tasty. The sauce was just like bisto gravy.... also none of the food was piping hot. Prices are reasonable though

There are newer reviews for The Blue Star Restaurant

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great service, the food is freshly cooked and presented exceptionally well. Slightly off the main drag. But those with inside knowledge will find it worth speaking out. Prices very fair

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Excellent service even though it was very busy, amazing Turkish food no faults at all. Would recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Tried here on a recommendation,sorry we did! After waiting about 10 minutes to be asked if we wanted something to drink,then waited 5 more before we actually got it!! Then we finally ordered our meal,my husband had mixed grill,I had the sizzling lamb. Though the food seemed ok the service was bad. Then the next morning my husband wasn't away from the toilet!! So I would try with caution.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

In the previous times we had visited Olu, we didn't even know this place existed, but having read about it on the forums here we specifically went there early in our holiday! How glad I am that we did!

We don't normally eat at the same places but we ate here for 3 dinners during our holiday. Each time the food was lovely.

The service is relaxed, incredibly friendly. We were made to feel welcome and when we returned the second time a couple of days later, they even asked if I wanted a "cider like last time" remembering small details of how my son wanted his pasta like he'd ordered the other night, was lovely too.

The meat and cheese roll starters were some of the nicest I've eaten, the traditional turkish food was simply delicious. Always hot, promptly served, and delicious bread to start. All of the staff are friendly, welcoming and professional. We never felt rushed here.

On our 3rd visit I was actually taken ill (not from the food or anything in the restaurant) and had to leave just after they had bought our main course out. They showed a lot of concern that I was ok and even asked if I needed transport to get back to the hotel. As it is we were staying at the Liberty, so only a short walk.

A really great find, we will most definitely visit again and after reading reviews about the Blue Star hotel, it may well be that we will stay there too.

Cannot recommend this place enough - one of the best meals and service we've had in Olu, regardless that one night we walked in at nearly 11pm.

Fab!