“Excellent food”

Oyster Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 111 Restaurants in Oludeniz
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Although this restaurant is located on the grounds of the Oyster Residence Hotel, the restaurant is open to everyone and is run as a separate business. It is always busy and the food is absolutely superb! We have a variety of dishes from Turkish cuisine with Mom's recipes,to meats,vegetarian and to seafood which we are famous for. You may experience exquisite and unique seafood appetizers and main dishes.
“Excellent food”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Lovely food and great service in a fantastic location. I highly recommend for either a great lunch by the pool, or a great value meal before a night out.

Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Went on our last night and found the food ok but not quite what we were expecting.
The kalamari was poor and drink prices were expensive compared to other restaurants.
The indoor seating plan consists of tables on the side but a large table in the middle where you sit next to other diners. Not for those wanting an intimate dinner.
Our friends went and really enjoyed their steaks and we had a local main meal dish which was excellent.
Mixed feeling from us on this one would give it another try though.

• Visited October 2012
London
“A beautiful spot”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had two lovely meals here - the food and the setting were both beautiful. My partner said it was the best doner kebab he has ever eaten, my two fish dishes were delicious. The service was relaxed - I wouldn't say it was the fastest but I was more than happy to sit and savour the experience, I certainly didn't ever feel that I was waiting for anything. The guest house itself looks lovely too - I'd love to stay there. I think our meals were 80 - 100 TL for 2 with a bottle of wine and tip, pretty much what we were spending elsewhere.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank FBSh
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely ambaince, poor food and slow service”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Oyster is up there as one of the most expensive restaurants in Olu Deniz from those that we saw. With so many restaurants on offer and all much cheaper, we gave the restaurant a miss and walked past the first few nights of our stay two weeks ago.
On deciding that quality was worth the extra expense, and with varying results on food quality elsewhere, my partner and I eventually succumbed to the allure of the restaurant's idyllic setting.
It was a Tuesday evening and the restaurant offered a seafood special platter for 50TL (About £18 at the time).
The young girl on the front of house showed us to our table and proffered a menu each. Our waiter appeared at our table shortly after and, although mute, we were sure he was ready to take our drinks order. I do struggle to hear sometimes, but I did manage to catch a muffled grumble of acceptance of our order, before he turned to climb up the nearby mountain to fetch our drinks. Ridiculous place to store beverages given how long it took for our drinks to join us! Waiting was a common theme throughout the evening which I shall refrain from boring you with further, only to add that his 'waiting' significantly increased ours.
Anyway, I chose the steak whilst my partner plumped for that evening's special, the seafood platter. A wise choice - from my point of view at the time - given that I could 'help' her eat it once it would undoubtedly prove too much for her to eat! A nod from the waiter indicated that, where words had failed, what I was pointing to on the menu was getting through.
Unfortunately, as anticipated, my northern tones hadn't quite carried enough impetus and, by the time my 'rare' steak arrived, it was decidedly well-done, brown throughout and emaciated. Given the apparent language barrier and the fact that I'd aged quite significantly from when I first ordered it, I thought better of summoning our mute sloth of a waiter and just got on with it.
In fairness, it was quite tasty - aforementioned shortcomings accepted. To give my Desperate Dan jaw a rest, I interspersed incessant chewing of my steak with some of my partner's Sea Bass and a Tiger prawn. The Tiger prawn was pleasant enough, but the Sea Bass was bland at best, chewy at worst and certainly over-cooked. In England, poor food is almost a given. The difference here, however, was that I was paying high-end English prices ... in Turkey!
The bill was 90TL, which included the meal, 1 Efes and a coke. By default, they ended with a tip since I only had 100TL notes and I'd rather have an hour of my life back than wait for the 10TL change.
So, to recap, the restaurant has a great setting and smart decor. The waiters are aptly named and you would get better prepared food at a Harvester!

It wasn't until we got back to our hotel that we would truly understand that last statement, however. I won't describe in full detail, but it involved my partner being awake from 2am until 7am with unbearable stomach cramps its associated maladies. In the morning I went to my hotel reception to find out where the nearest pharmacy was. On explaining that I needed rehydration packets and antimetrics, the receptionist, without prompting, enquired as to whether or not we had eaten fish. When I subsequently spoke to the Pharmacist, she too asked the same question and said the fish was probably 2-3 days old and was a common complaint; in Olu Deniz I must add, not just at Oyster.

We will be going back to Olu Deniz - the place is fantastic - but certainly will not be going back to the Oyster restaurant. I've given it an overall 2 out of 5; I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt regarding the overnight throne worshipping!

• Visited June 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I would agree with the reviews below about it being the most superior restuarant in Oludeniz! It is right on the strip with beautiful views over the beach. The restaurant decor itself is lovely and its just a lvoely restaurant to dine in. We went on the Tuesday which is Meze night which is really good value. We also went back for a second meal here and I would totally reccommend the King Praws in the garlic butter! Delicious!

• Visited June 2012