“Really awful trust me!!!”
Review of Elze Hotel

Elze Hotel
Ranked #18 of 54 Oludeniz B&B and Inns
Bucharest, Romania
“Really awful trust me!!!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Usually i don't write rewiews but i don't want other people to make the same mistake as us. As probably many others, we trusted the good rewiews from booking.com and tripadvisor and we could never believe it's such a dirty and unpleasant hotel. Actually i can't name it "hotel"
It's an old house with old furniture, rooms smell very bad, they are not ventillated because the only window is very small. The bathroom is small, also with an awfull smell, shower it's fixed in the wall and dirty, you can't close the door. In the room it's just one light, just a bulb not a lamp or something. Above the door is a small window and all night the light in the hall is on so you can't sleep with all that light in your eyes.
Another BIG PROBLEM ARE THE ANTS!!!!!!!!!!!! A lot of ants, my GOOD!!!
We had some sweets in the room and we found hundreds of ants on them.
They wash the stairs with a hose, so we found a lot of water in our room, because of course it was a big hole below the door.
A lot of noise in the night, until 2 am from other hotels around. I could sleep only with ear plugs.
Breakfast the same every day, without any meat, just boiled eggs, turkish tea, cheese, melon and some jam.
I don't know why this hotel has so good rewiews, it's strange, maybe the owners take care of this.
So, think twice before you book Elze

7 Thank Dada D

Business
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The reviews on this hotel are far from the truth. Me and my wife decided to there when we were on our honeymoon, because it had unbelievably great reviews. Well, we had better done exactly that and not believed them.

It started out alright, when we walked up to the hotel it seemed like a cozy place and the manager greeted us and escorted us to our rooms. What was strange though was that he didn't require us to check in, did not ask to see any id's or anything which I would consider a security risk.

Anyway once we got to our room we were immediately disappointed. The room was absolutely packed with mosquito's, I am not excaturating when I say that there were more mosquito's in that room than all the mosquito's I have ever seen before combined. And on top of that there was no mosquito net like advertised, although they put one up when we requested it, but said no one had ever asked for it before (hard to believe considering all the mosquito's in there).

Now back to the room itself. All the furniture was very old fashioned, it looked like it had not been updated since the late 1980's, simple old solid wood furniture, messy cables from the old tiny tube tv and broken power outlets.

The room was dirty, there was fungus on the the bathroom door (like you can see on the pictures) but the manager refused to accept that it was fungus. He said "in order for fungus to grow on wood it needs to be wet. Well I guess he did not see that shower half a meter away from the door, which you were unable to close properly so it would spray right on the door. And he still insisted after i told him that I had previously lived in a home that turned out to be fungus infested so I could easily recognize it.

Additionally the room was stinky, the ac from the above balcony leaked on ours, the door handle on the closet fell off and the paint was very old. So after all of that happening within 30 minutes of arriving we decided to take our business elsewhere, I contacted the manager and told him the room was not exactly what we expected, he responded "Well what did you expect?".

So we told him all of the things we found wrong with it and what we had expected after all those great reviews we read online. After realizing that all the rooms were the same in the hotel we told him we were planning to find another hotel. Then we find out that the he had charged our credit card for the price of two days before we even arrived.

He said we could stay there for two days since he had already charged us for those two days, and then he would help us find another hotel. I found this completely unacceptable and in all my travels around the world I have never heard of a hotel charging the card before you arrive unless you arrive a day late or something, which we did not. And in those cases they only charge you for that one day in advanced, not two! I tell this to the manage who replies that he could have actually charged us for our whole stay so he was actually "being kind" by only charging us for those 2 days.

I refused to accept this since I was pretty sure websites like Venere state in their contracts that you could only charge for one day if you cancel within a certain time. He states there is nothing like that in the contract and then goes and prints out the contract from his computer, and says to me "look I was right" I read the contract and it seemed like he was right. But I then go to my room and read it again and then compare it to the copy I had printed out and taken with me. It turns out a part of the cancellation policy was missing, exactly the part that says that he only has the right to charge me for one day if I cancel within 10 days before my stay starts.

We then end up finding a great hotel to go to but we had to spend one night at that awful hotel that Elze is. During the night I could barely sleep because it was incredibly cold and I could hear the sound of the mosquito's buzzing against the mosquito net.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank dean_snow
Reviewed August 30, 2012

It is a lovely place to spend your holiday.the sheets and towels are always clean.The breakfast is fully satisfying.the fresh fruit salad is really great.the location is good , and it is easy to get to the beach.The place is quiet and peaceful.The owner,Sinan, is very friendly and gives a lot of information about the places to visit around Olu Deniz and he also helps you to book the trips.We enjoyed our holiday.hope to come and spend our holiday here again. Esra

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Meserdal
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We chose Elze hotel because of its excellent reputation. The least we can say is that we weren't disappointed at all!

First of all, Sinan, our very friendly host did everything he could to make our stay a real pleasure. He helped us by giving us good advices about the things to visit near Ölüdeniz and answered all of our questions. He also made some calls and researches to try to get us the best prices for transportation and excursions.

Furthermore, Elze hotel provides clean and comfortable rooms for a very good price. Just one tip for people, as one of us, with asthma problems: keep the air conditioning on during the night to avoid troubles, as it can be really wet since we are near the sea.

The pool was quite big and clean. Breakfast was also great. Location is convenient, near the main street which have lots of restaurants and shop. But it's situated in the back so that you do not have all the rumbles of the street. The beach is easily reachable by dolmus. We highly recommend this lovely hotel!

1 Thank mukumi
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We had a great time here. It is located in Hisaronu, a small town about a 5 mins dolmus (bus ride) from Oludeniz. The hotel rooms are basic but with private bathrooms. There is a decent sized pool and a great area to lounge around in. It is a 1 minute walk to catch the bus and at certain times the bus comes right in front of the hotel. The price cant be beat and Sinan, the owner, is such a great and welcoming guy helping us with any suggestions and questions.

1 Thank Lindsey B
Toronto, ON, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This hotel is so charming and lovely. Sinan and his family are such nice people, really going out of their way for guests! The food is fabulous, and the rooms and food are very reasonably priced in comparison to Istanbul and Cappadocia. I loved the spacious pool and the bar area. The rooms and washrooms are simple, but the bed is comfortable and the AC works great!

There are so many repeat customers here (Hello to Stan, Christine and Albert and mum!) that it is a testiment to the quality of the hotel. The beaches, Olu Deniz and many fun restaurants are a short taxi ride away!

Best,
Sylvie

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank intheTDOT
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We've stopped here 2005, 2006 and 2007, we were unable to get in this year due to being fully booked but my husband and I went down to visit Sinan and his mum and dad at the hotel.

We bumped into Stan, another regular and Christine, her sun and mum again!!

All the rooms are spotless, with fresh sheets and towels daily. The swimming pool is ample next to the bar where you can also grab lunch or a late tea. We had one of Sinan's Famous tuna butties, a tuna salad and chips all reasonably priced and all cooked by his mum, a star!

Hopefully get back next year!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple