“Fabulous Atmosphere and Authentic Food”

Madras Indian Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 175 Restaurants in Oludeniz
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2013

As a family, we had a lovely time at Josephs Madras restaurant, the food is completely authentic and to put it simply,it tasted great! The staff are extremely attentive and the atmosphere provided is truly enjoyable. We had a great time will visit again next time!

1  Thank Charlotte D

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We tried this place on a Sunday night. We had the Indian buffet which was about £10 each - all you can eat. The food was excellent apart from the chicken tikka masala which tasted quite bland and the sauce quite thin. Having said that it certainly won't put me & my wife visiting again. Joseph was very friendly - hope to see you in Moscow maybe ;-)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

This restaurant does both authentic Indian and Chinese food - we had a lovely Chinese meal in here on the Saturday and came back on the Sunday for the Indian buffet which is all-you-can -eat and great value for money. The owner of the restaurant is Joseph who also owns Joseph's Restaurant in the main strip and is a lovely friendly guy. We are back in Olu Deniz next year and will definitely be returning to this restaurant.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

These are turks trying to please the British curry monsters! ALL the meals contain natural spices and fresh material, none of that msg crap ours do. So before you call it bland, think again! The Korma is better than ANY I have eaten in the UK

1  Thank mrsmwoody
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Visited this restaurant whilst on holiday in August this year, my partner had indian and I had chinese, the food was enjoyable but five minutes later my partner felt violently ill, the restaurant manager kindly took us back to our nearby hotel, where my partner was sick and had the runs till the next morning but was fine after that. However I was not ill on the night but had a very bad stomach the next day, which has continued, including diarrhoea and severe stomach cramps for the last two months! after seeing my doctor and sending in stool samples I finally got results today, definitely salmonella poisoning, so judging by the many good reviews on this forum we must have just been unlucky and ate on the day someone in the kitchen had the runs and should not have been working!! Joseph the Hygiene standards need improving and staff properly trained in food hygiene, and made aware that if they are ill they should not be in the kitchen!!! However we ate most days at Josephs other restaurant on the main street in Olu Deniz, with no problems and excellent service from George and his staff, perhaps he needs to train Madras staff in food hygiene!

J0seph_Oludeniz, Owner at Madras Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Hello and thank you for your review.
I have to say that we are very careful with all the food we prepare and serve and have never had before any comments like this.

I not think your problem was from my restaurant because you feel ill in such a short time after eating , it takes longer for problem to start may be you eat something at breakfast or lunch or may be day before.

I do hope you can remember your eating before that might help you remember.

Joseph