“faultless”

Newcastle, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“faultless”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

booked 3 trips with focus this holiday and got 1 free then decided to book and extra 1
jeep safari was class laughed from getting on to getting off massive water fights through the streets kids using there family hose to spray the jeeps as the passes some women had sweets and through them off the bus for the kids the squealed with excitement was lush to see the faces stopped at a few places done a bit rafting mud baths went to a hotel for food and stopped at a few more was well worth the money
went to talk of the town what a laugh that was cant understand any1 who says its not funny that also included transfers and tea..
we done the 4 island boat trip what was great fun.
and a sunset boat trip that was the free trip it was beautiful both boat trips included lunch\tea.
I booked an extra trip on them I done the paragliding what was amazing weather was perfect landing was flyer was I was buzzing all day after this if im honest think I still am
thank u focus tours for adding some extra fun to r holiday

2 Thank holidaydramas

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“4 trips booked all quality!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 weeks in turkey with my girlfriend we booked 3 trips and got a 4th one free. We did talk of the town drag act which was fab, the jeep sarafi which I highly recommend to anyone it's such a great day out!! We also done the fethiye boat trip that was also top draw and for a free one we got the sunset cruise which we did on out last night which was A+. We got picked up on time for each one and had great days out on each of them. Will definitely book with Focus again in the future!

2 Thank Krisnufc
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Experience of a lifetime”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Second time Paragliding with Focus, both times superb! Put this on your bucket list and do it ASAP. Handled efficiently and professionaly trained pilots look after you take videos and stills then edit them into a dvd. Worth buying for a memento. Price is pretty much the same with all tour operators. The experience is surreal, nothing scary except maybe the initial run off the launch slope. The actual flight feels as if you're not actually up there. It's almost like flying over a video. Views are unbelievable. Do it now!

Visited August 2013
Malborough, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Avoid !”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We booked 2 trips with Focus, a sunset cruise and a Dalyan trip.. They were the worst experiences we had in Turkey.
Firstly the sunset cruise. The sunset was nice. The rest was awful. The long haired guy at the bar told me to shut up. I was just asking how to pay for drinks. I thought he was joking or I had mis heard so I asked him again. This time he spat it at me. It was definitely shut up. 2 of my sons got food poisoning from the chicken dish, they both were ill for 24 hours, whereas my 17 year old and I had vegetarian and survived. The promised bon fire on a little beach was burning their sacks on rubbish and plastic bottles/crates - the smoke was toxic ! The whole experience was cringe worthy. the best part was watching people trying to get on and off the bouncing ramps to the shore as it was very choppy. We all got wet and it was a bit wild and honestly that was the highlight of the trip.
Dalyan started badly. the bus was 20 minutes late, I had ducked quickly back to get something from the room - literally 2 minutes, when I got back the bus had arrived, taken 2 of my sons and said to my eldest, meet them at the main road in 7 minutes ! They were 20 minutes late and couldnt wait 30 seconds, I chased after them but ended up dejectedly hoping that they would stop for us and that the 2 youngest wouldn't end up on their own for the day . the other pick ups took ages, and in the end they had overbooked and some people didnt have seats.
The mud baths were fun, lunch was awful, and it was always a case of exit through the shop and get as much money from you as possible.
We loved our trip to turkey, and used reviews for hotels and diving, and got wonderful service, but missed the boat with focus. It didn't ruin our trip but I I would warn people not to use this company, if at all possible, there are much better ones out there.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank mmr2013
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Paragliding NO WAY PLEASE READ!!!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

PARAGLIDING DISGUSTING!!!!!

I booked the paragliding through focus for the first flight of the day, first of all they turned up to the hotel about 30mins late then the travel up the mountain we seemed to constantly stop so the pilots could go shopping.

Once at the top of the mountain we were told it is too windy and we had to try a lower position, where we were once again told it was too windy, we then moved once again to another lower position & once again we were told it is too windy and were made to wait in a cafe for over an hour leaving my girlfriend waiting at the bottom for me not having a clue whats going on meaning i had to spend £10 on my phone bill to inform her of the situation.

Eventually we were told the flight was a no go and we drove back to the beach.
My only issue was that for the first flight why do they not have someone travel up the mountain first to chaeck conditions before dragging you up the mountain and waisting over 5 hours of your day???? Not a single apology was given and the team were very reluctant to give you a refund!

I rebooked my flight for the following afternoon and this is where it gets WORSE if it possibly could!

We turned up to the focus office the time asked and ended up once again waiting for 1 hour untill we could get on our way with no indication of a departing time from the office, simply told we are waiting for pilots.

Again on the journey up the mountain we stopped for another shopping break for the pilots who only one of spoke any level of understandable english!
Once at the top of the mountain I was partnered with a pilot who's english was extremley limited and accent was very hard to understand. He put my equipment and harnesses on and walked me to the top of the take off point.

(PLEASE NOTE I HAVE NEVER DONE PARAGLIDING BEFORE AND THEY KNOW THIS!!!)

Strapping me in to the paraglider and the pilot said to me "walk",
Assuming he is getting me into possition (as i dont have a clue what I am doing) i took a few steps forwards,
The pilot again said "walk" so i took a few more steps, all of a sudden the pilot grabbed me by the strap and shook me shouting at me "why you not walk!!!"
I looked him and said "I dont understand what you want me to do?"
The pilot again with a raised voice "you not walk, you not take off!"
Amazed that i was expected to just take off without any idea of what im doing i asked him "what am i suppose to do???"
Pilot: "walk!! run!! no sit!! no jump!!"
So i said "ok" at this point now been made to feel quite bad and rather nervous where as before i was calm and excited.

The wind came and the pilot shouted "Walk!!" i started walking another man grabbed my strap and started pulling me down the runway, the Pilot shouted "Run!!" i started running. you have attatched to you a solid chair built into your back pack and if you can imagine someone yanking a seat underneath you whilst another person is running behind you with his knees knocking it into the back of your legs it is very difficult to stay on your feet!!! i tried my best to stay on my feet but ended up being FORCED into the seat whilst trying my best to remain on my feet!
The Pilot yelled at me "dont sit!!!" i tried my best to keep my feet on the floor to keep running before we took off in to the sky.
Then to my discust the pilot punched me 2 times in the shoulder and Shouted at me "why you sit!!?"
I tried to explain i didnt sit on purpose and the seat was forced under me but trying to explain something to someone with little english is near impossible leaving me flying through the sky feeling quite upset and shaken!
With a completely silent journey down to land he asked me to stand on landing which i did and he gave me a sarcastic thumbs up before removing my straps then his throwing his helmet on the floor and storming off!
I was greeted by my girlfriend who could tell straight away something wasnt right and we headed over the office where all the other pilots were showing passangers there photos and videos.
I was left not really wanting them but my girlfriend said we should take a look any way as we should get something to prove i did it, walking in to the office we walked over to my pilot and i said "can i see photos and videos please?"
To this he looked at me like a piece of S**t and grunted before saying "no photo, no video"
my girlfriend asked him why i didnt get any photos or videos to which he replied in turkish something you could tell wasnt pleasent!!!
Disgusted as the only reason we didnt get photos and videos is because the pilot through a child like strop and choose not to take any pictures or video footage, because i was forced into my seat on take off, regardless of this being due to the lack of proper previous instruction or demonstration & no consideration of this being my very first paraglide flight!!

To this being the better person i shook his hand and thanked him with slight sarcasm and walked away from what was the worst holiday experience of my life and this is from someone whos has travelled most of the world!! NEVER BEEN SO DISCUSTED IN ALL MY LIFE!!!!!

5 Thank Dan P