“Boat trip”

Blackburn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Boat trip”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We booked our boat trip through focus! Very cheap but was the only English people on the boat so didn't have a clue where we was or where we was going as the guide only spoke in Turkish!

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great peolpe at focus”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

these people arranged most of my trips. george is a great bloke and will help with anything. I did the paragliding jeep safari boat trips and was happy with them all. cheers guys for all you did

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Paragliding in Oludeniz”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I wife & I booked our first paragliding experience with Gravity, We jumped off a mountain at 2000 meters (6500ft) the guys were very professional, and the experience was easily the highlight of our holiday... 10/10

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beware of these thieves!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Don't be fooled by them - they quote everything in pounds and then make you pay in Lira. Problem is they use an unrealistic exchange rate!!!!!! George is the alibaba of the tour world - he promises you everything and then rips you off.

Now about the trips - we booked several trips with these con men and to be honest the trips are average - everything is an extra from the pirates that pull up next to the boats on the sea to the extra charged to enter the gorge.

The inclusive food is actually possibly the worst food we had all holiday - so much so it's better to go without and then the drinks on the jeep safari at 5 lira a can at the lunch stop are just rediculas!!!!

I'm sure that there will many more negative reviews about this bunch of crooks over the coming months

You've been warned - book elsewhere or pay the price

2 Thank Thefishpond
Haxey, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dont book at Olu Deniz Focus take the dolmus to Hisaronu same trips but cheaper”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We are a family of four and booked 3 trips at the Olu Deniz Focus. George who we booked with was very friendly and agreed to give us a special rate for booking multiple trips which consisted of 3 (Dad and two kids) parasending cost of £150 (£50 each) ; 6 island boat trip at a cost of £36 (£9 each) and the Jeep Safari at a cost of £64 (£16 each). Prices in brackets as per the leaflet in Olu Deniz Focus. The 'special deal' we got was a free sunset cruise - but my calculations are it most definitely was not free - we were making the numbers up and more than paid for it!

Our first trip was the Jeep Safari - George advised us that lunch was extra at a cost of £3.00 making the cost per person £19. We agreed to pay this. On the day we chatted to a number of other people on the trip - only to discover they had booked at Hisaronu Focus and paid only £10 and that included lunch. Also on that trip whilst it does take you to the places suggested in the leaflet the Gorge walk is an extra cost and the Tlos ruins is a photo opportunity at the roadside not an actual visit to Tlos. The food is below average and is not served at the Gorge as suggested in the leaflet but at a house in the middle of no where. You are also herded to a carpet factory for at least 40 mins.

I did ask George why our trip cost more. He waffled that the Hisaronu Focus is not the same company - both are badged the same and marketing leaflets are the same and you all end up on the same trip together. I said I would express my view on trip advisor and his words to me were 'I don't care'. Given the three trips had a mix of both offices bookings I advise any of you thinking of booking with Focus to go to Hisaronu as the boat trip I booked at £9 is also cheaper at £6.00.

Another issue is that Olu Deniz Focus will not allow you to pay in £s on a credit card yet Hisaronu will. A little gripe I know but when they are quoting £s and they then ask for TL you are not certain what rate they are using.

If Focus management are reading this - I suggest you ensure all customers are advised the same thing - knowing others had paid less yet we had booked 3 trips and also encouraged other people to book the parasending - you ended up with not just our three but an additional 4 others on our recommendation on Saturday 1st September - left me feeling disappointed and cheated. Unless of course you like George 'don't care!' about how you leave your customers feeling.

2 Thank Lorraine E