Tolay Hotel
The Pine Hill Hotel & Suites(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
$173
$104
$113
  • Breakfast included
Tonoz Beach Hotel(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
$61
  • Breakfast included
Symbola Oludeniz Beach Hotel(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
$65
$53
Monta Verde Hotel & Villas(Ovacik)(Great Value!)
$25
Orbitz.com
$123
$116
  • Breakfast included
Golden Life Resort Hotel & Spa(Ovacik)(Great Value!)
$115
$67
  • Pool
$253
  • Pool
All reviewsturkeynext yearfriendly hotelgreat holidayboiled eggsnothing is too much troublerooms are basiclovely family runbars and restaurantsplenty of sunbedsfamily run hotelquiet locationfamily roomthe main stripstaff are greatcleaned every daysee you soon
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Just arrived back from 2 weeks in Hisaronu, great place shame cant say the same about the Tolay. On arrival there was 13 of us in our party 9 of us staying in the tolay, my friend had already emailed the manager Ali asking about fridges for us, when we asked him on arrival he didnt seem to pleased as only a bed and breakfast why do you need fridges when we have 24hr cold drinks and food.. the fridges where £40 for two weeks. The rooms we were in were very small but always cleaned what is the only good thing i can say about this hotel, the staff where very misserable and didnt make you feel welcome at all, Ali begged us to spend money in the hotel even though we were a party of 19-21 year olds (parents did other things) we enjoyed exploring the resort and eating out, to be asked when are you going to start spending money here was very rude considering we paid for B&B baring in mind we had to pay for our bread to be toasted. The BBQ night we were begged to attend over and over again even though we told them our parents had the money. A member of the party decied to try the food out one night and it wasnt even cooked propperly was still roar egg inside it! On our departure day Ali tried to tell us we had to be out our rooms for 11oclock, baring in mind we didnt leave until sunday morning at 1oclock! We had the paper to say we had to leave the room 10oclock on the sunday not the saturday. When a member of our party approched Ali and showed him the paper he tried to say he was only joking on with us. The hotel isnt what people make out to be, its very dingey and small, the pool wouldnt even of fitted our full party in it, there was restrictions on playing pool, on bringing water back into the hotel even though they didnt sell 3liter of water only smal bottles, one night we came home early and went to the bar for a bottle of fanta, they tried to charge us 10lira for a bottle of pop that is only 2 in the local shop. The staff are very rude and misserable and do not make you feel welcome at all, they might say Hello once in a blue moon but thats about it, if your going on holiday to explore hisaronu and go out and enjoy the night life i deffinataly would not recomend this hotel, on the other hand if you want to stay in the hotel for your full holiday and not leave it at all then the tolay would be the best for you as that what they seem to expect you to do. I wouldnt recomend this hotel to the wild bores outside!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lauren Rebecca R
Ali T, Manager at Tolay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Lauren RENTON,
In regards to your review of Tolay hotel. I got an email from you before your arrival date requesting a fridge in one of the rooms you had booked, I told you the price of this and you were happy with that. I arranged for a fridge to be put into one of the four rooms you had booked with us. After your arrival at the hotel, you decided that you wanted a fridge in all four rooms. I told you this was not a problem, but I would have to organise moving the fridges from other rooms in to yours, which I would do as soon as possible. I arranged for these fridges to be moved to your rooms within 15 minutes, after which you paid for the fridges and said you were happy with that.
During your stay, despite the hotel being fully booked,we tried our best to accommodate all of your party in rooms next to each other. Our staff were helpful and welcoming to you from the moment you arrived, carrying your bags and showing you to your rooms, so for you to say that they were miserable and didn't make you feel welcome is completely untrue and disappoints me. During your stay, the staff tried to make you feel welcome and help you enjoy your holiday but you didn't try to make the effort with them. We feel we paid even more care and attention to you as a pregnant woman, making sure you had everything you needed, even talking to your baby. We asked all of your party regularly how you were, if there was anything you needed that we could help you with, trying to help make your holiday enjoyable. We never asked or expected you to stay at the hotel all the time and spend your money with us. The only thing we ever ask people if they would like to stay and join us for is the weekly Turkish nights, which is an event we put on for all our guests if they wish to attend. we ask all our guests previous to the night so we know how many people to cater for.
Some of your party ate lunch and dinner here on a few occasions, and never mentioned any problems with the food. If we had been informed of any problems at the time, we could have rectified these. If there had genuinely been a problem with the food, I don't think they would have eaten here afterwards. Our prices for food and drinks are average for all hotels in the area, which you cannot compare to buying from a supermarket where they are expected to be cheaper.
Our pool might be smaller than some others in the area but for you to say that your whole party wouldn't have been able to fit in it is very untrue. There were 9 people in your party (13 if you include those staying elsewhere) and I can assure you that we have 2 or 3 times that amount of people in the pool daily with no issues and we have plenty of sunbeds around the pool area plus some spare ones, which is more than enough for all the guests at the hotel.
One of your party kept asking me everyday what time you needed to check out of the room, to which I told him that checkout time was midday. I did not know about your booking to have your room til you left until one of your party showed me the booking details, this was fine as this was indeed what you had booked which I never disputed.
You have stayed in Hisaronu many times but have never stayed in the same hotel twice. You booked Tolay hotel on a bed & breakfast board basis with standard room but you were clearly wanting to be self catering. There are plenty of apartments in the area which would be more suited to you as they are self catering. This would be a good option for you rather than to leave untrue and bad reviews on Tolay hotel just because you didn't get what you wanted.
Kınd Regards

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Tolay Hotel is the best in resort, made some great friends TOLGA, MURAT,ONE MORE, SCHOOL BOY 1 and 2,Bubba and rest of the family. The cleaning ladies are lovely, ALWAYS MAKE OUR ROOM BEAUTIFUL, thank you very much. Made lots of friends around the pool and had a brill holiday, stayed a month.Resort is great with plenty to do and restaurants are lovely especially SHINE, my favourite Indian restaurant, visited 3 times this year, five or six in total.Cannot wait to come back next year, see you all soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Ali T, Manager at Tolay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Hello, thankyou for your review of Tolay hotel. We're happy to hear your stay was enjoyable and we do hope to see you again soon, Best wishes

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Worse holiday ever when we arrived at tolay i had already emailed the manger and asked if he would save us 3 fridges as our party had 3 rooms when we asked for the fridges he then asked why we wanted a fridge we have cold drinks 24 hours it wasent like we where getting them for free we had to pay £40 each for the 2 weeks of our stay few days later because we never stayed around the pool during the day or sat round the bar at night he then asked when are we going to start spending money several times of our stay even tho one of the party got air con for the 2 weeks and 3 of us bought internet for two weeks as you could only go on one device onit when we told him our friends have a private apartment we go there he said why dont they come here it wasn't asif they was any entertainment on one occasion my mam and her friend tryied a meal which they got omelette and when they brought it out it was only have cooked so we never eat in there our whole stay apart from our breakfast which was plane and simple and had to pay 1 lira to toast the bread we never seen anyone eating from there my room was opposite the kitchen so on bbq night i was watching the preparing the bbq we they had put fresh meat on the table in a bowel and they was flies all over when they noticed me watching they then covered it up was. Ali once again pestered us about the bbq night asking to come 3 days in a row when we already told him we where going out the rooms where nice and cleaned everyday but the bed covers had staines on them but other and that they where ok so i advisee you if your wanting to stay at this hotel but planning to go out all the time dont because the manger will not like you i would not defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank lmurray10

Dear Lauren MURRAY,
Same Response as they were a party of nıne.
Kınd Rgards

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Ali, the hotel manager, made our stay very uncomfortable. Constant evil looks as we walked out to go and explore Turkey. Two days left until we had to check out, he decided to confront us about why we don't spend money at his restaurant or bar. When we explained we only booked bed and breakfast because we like to go out to eat, he didn't take that very well. We were told to, and i quote, '[--] off' back to England. And again I quote, 'what's the point of coming to Turkey if you aren't gonna stay at the hotel!' Is this guy serious?! He refused to give us a refund for the two remaining nights we had left and told us to '[--] off' out of his hotel. Ali is only your friend if you spend most of your time at the hotel and keep spending money at his bar and restaurant. He also said he had hidden cameras in the rooms so he could keep an eye on us! Whether he's actually a pervert or whether he was lying, I'm not sure. Needless to say, I got very irate which he didn't like as I'm a female. We walked out and booked into the Carmina Hotel which was fantastic! The manager is really friendly as is his entire staff. So, to summarise, I would NEVER stay in the Tolay Hotel again and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Noreen1231
Ali T, Manager at Tolay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Hello Noreen, in regards to your review of Tolay hotel. We are sorry to hear you had some problems with your stay with us. Your reservation was made through a travel company. You booked three rooms , for a total of six people. Your reservation only had three girls in the parties names on. I contacted the travel agent you booked through and asked for the three other guests names, to which I was told that the other three guests were your Turkish boyfriends that you were going to meet up with here and bring to the hotel. I told the company to cancel the reservation as our contract price with them is only valid for UK passport holders not Turkish nationals. The company said they contacted you and you changed your reservation to three single rooms with a double bed. A while later you called the hotel and asked me if you could bring your boyfriend to stay with you in the same room, to which I told you no. You told me that you met him three weeks ago and you really wanted to meet him again, so I said you could book him in as an incoming guest once you got here but you can't book him in through the travel agent because he is not a UK passport holder. We agreed this arrangement and a price for only one extra guest in one of the rooms, the other two rooms you booked remained as a booking for one guest with a double bed.
As your booking was last minute, on the day of your arrival, we were one room short, so I arranged 1 room for you and your boyfriend for the whole holiday and another twin room for your sisters. I put a note on your registration card that they were to move to another room as soon as one became available the next day. So only for the first night did you have two rooms, early the next morning I moved one of your sisters to another room so you had the three rooms that you had booked. I also offered you free air conditioning for one of the rooms as you had only had two rooms for your first night, but you said you were happy and didn't need this.
You were happy for your whole stay until the day before you left. You were coming in and out of the hotel with some Turkish boys you had met in the area. You ignored the hotel rules regarding outside visitors which I had made clear to you when you were booking your boyfriend into the hotel at the start of your stay. You never asked if you could take anyone to your rooms beforehand, we told you that this was not allowed and was against hotel rules. Any guests staying at the hotel, including guests visiting rooms, must have a reservation with the hotel and give their details to us, but you ignored this.
I spoke with your boyfriend on one occasion, asking where he was from and chatting in Turkish. After you went back to your room, you returned to reception and were shouting and swearing at me and becoming very aggressive. I asked you to calm down, asked what the problem was and if there was anything I could do to help. You told me that your boyfriend had told you that one of our staff had asked your boyfriend why he never speaks to anyone, you continued to shout and swear which was witnessed by the many other guests that were in the vicinity at the time.
As we were fully booked, you had booked one week with us and one week at the hotel next door. After you started shouting and swearing we asked you to leave the hotel, even though you had one night left with us, as we have other guests, including children, to consider, and cannot tolerate this kind of behaviour and bad language. After you collected all your belongings and were leaving the hotel, you continued to shout and swear and threw your room keys at me. The reaction of the other guests as you left really says alot about your behaviour, as when you were leaving down the path, they were clapping and whistling that you were going. Some of the guests said to me later that they felt very uncomfortable when you brought the turkish boys back with you and felt they kept looking at them which is why they didn't stay at the hotel and choose to go out.
You told me that you were English so you can do whatever you like, but we cannot condone bad behaviour that will affect our other guests. We welcome guests from all over the world of all ages, but we are a hotel for people to come and have a relaxing and enjoyable time. We will not allow our guests to bring back lots of different people each night when you knew the rules from the beginning. We expect our guests to respect the hotel and other guests in the hotel at all times.
The hotel provides facilities, events,food and drinks for all our guests to take advantage of if they wish to stay in the hotel rather than go out in the town but we do not expect people to stay here and spend all their money. If they wish to go out then that is fine and has never been a problem.
In relation to your claims about the cameras in the hotel. We have CCTV installed in all public areas of the hotel for the safety and security of all our guests and staff. It is clearly stated at the entrance to the hotel that we have CCTV in operation on the premises. There are no cameras within the room areas of the hotel. When you were leaving the hotel, shouting abuse and swearing then threw your keys at me, this was all captured on the CCTV. I will be sending this to the travel agent you booked with, along with a complaint about your behaviour and conduct.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks holiday at the Tolay Hotal and what a great time we had, the staff are all great and very friendly.Ali the manager makes everyone welcome. If it's a friendly hotel you are looking for you wont go wrong with the Tolay. Looking forward to another visit. Thanks for a good holiday Ali and the rest of the team. Peter & Joy

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Peter & Joy, thankyou for you review of Tolay hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you visit again soon. I will pass on your comments to all the staff, Best wishes