“Fabulous 2nd visit, would visit again, and again, and again!!”
Review of Perdikia Hill

Perdikia Hill
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fabulous 2nd visit, would visit again, and again, and again!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was our second visit to Perdikia Hill and it certainly did not disappoint. It was nice to see most familiar faces again, Volkan and Erkan in particular, not to mention the other lovable staff. We are a family of 5, and chose to book 2 adjacent rooms to provide more space. We were fortunate to get two rooms across the corridor from each other, one at one side of the Hotel and one at the opposite side, meaning we had sunshine all day round! The entertainment was better than last year, with regular daily activiites, from morning, afternoon and into the evening. We were encouraged to participate in the activities, but never pushed! Just right. The evening entertainment was great, lots of variety with professional acts, and also some gamely occupants from the Hotel, which provided laughs and genuine entertainment. There was more on offer for the little ones as well, with a recognised kids club, including painting, stickers, face paints and even a balloon modeller!!!! Many thanks to Holly for her dedication - my two little ones loved it, and it kept them occupied. The two water slides came on at regular intervals twice a day and again provided fun and entertainment for children and adults alike. The bar service was second to none, A great choice of drinks throughout the day/night and very good service. Also a coffee/hot chocolate machine available in the snack bar throughout the day, provided a very nice capuccino and choc/coffee drink.
Now to the food - we were very impressed with the quality and choice last year, and was not disappointed this year, exactly to the same standard with a better choice in the salad bar. One of the best salad bars I have ever experienced. There was also two choices of soups at evening meal.. All of the food was piping hot, and quickly replenished if supplies ran low. The waiting staff in the restaurant were very effecient and polite and friendly, the chefs were always very smily and helpful. Erkan was as professional as always, a lovely gentleman, always made it in his way each night to come over and say hello, and make a fuss of our little girl, whom he complimented every night - a lovely genuine guy. Nothing is too much trouble and extremely helpful.
One possible suggestion might be to get more than one toaster?? Us Brits love our toast on a morning, and the toaster was very slow and bread had to be put through a couple of times, sometimes there was a queue....... this was the only downside I can think of for any of the meals.
Now the virus - yes, there was an outbreak of something whilst we were there - unfortunately I suffered on the second night of our hols (for only 4 hours in total) - it was only short-lived, and the rest of my party did not feel ill at all. I truly believe another customer has brought this into the Hotel with them and it has spread from poor personal hygiene. All of the buffet food was covered in professional catering tureens with lids on and serving spoons. All it takes is one contaminated person, with poor hygiene to touch the lids and the spoons and the germs are passed on, Could happen anywhere, and unfortunately difficult to contol for the staff. The Hotel, Rooms, Restaurant, Poolside is one of the most clean and hygienic places I have ever seen, in fact the staff bordered on obsessive with cleanliness!!!!
My other suggestion for improvement would be to consider putting the shuttle bus to the beach for two drop-offs collections per day instead of one. The bus leaves the Hotel to the beach at 10.30am each morning and picks up at the beach at 4.30pm. This can sometimes be too long, left in Olu Deniz and on a couple of occasions we have got a taxi back. It might be a suggestion to do a 10.30am and a 1.30pm run down to the beach, and people then have the option of two return journeys.......
The housekeeping staff were exceptional, the lovely lady cleaning my room was so friendly and genuinely lovable, Because I smiled at her on the steps on my first day, she asked to look at my key fob to check the room number, when I returned to the room she had made the beds and modelled the towels into swans and hearts and put freshly picked flowers in amongst, a really throughtful and kind gesture.
The Reception staff were brilliant, always helpful and chatty and last but not least Volkan - a fabulous Manager, quiet but very professional. Nothing was too much trouble for Volkan and he was very accomodating and helpful.
We really, really miss Perdikia Hill, I constantly tell all my friends how wonderful the holiday was and wish we were still there.
I really love all of the staff, such genuine, kind, friendly yet professional and extremely hard working people. They are all a credit to Perdikia Hill, and the lovely holiday memories they contribute to.
Thank you once again for a fabulous holiday. We will definitely be back. x

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank gilly1971
perdikia, General Manager at Perdikia Hill, responded to this review, October 9, 2015
Merhaba/Hello,

Thank you very much for writing this valuable feedback.We enjoyed too much your comments&explanation about almost every single details from gardens to reception and from foods to general cleaning.Your review will be read by alot of potential guests and they will have an idea where they are coming to.

If you will come again we will be honoured to accomodate you next summer.

Kindly warm regards,

Perdikia Hotels
gm@perdikia.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Turkish first
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Late October 2013. We went with another family and can't fault it. Yes it's up a hill but what better way of getting rid of the great range of buffet food on daily. Staff were excellent and room was cleaned daily. We had a problem with a broken toilet cistern reported it went to breakfast came back to room to find maintenance fixing it :). Water slide was only on for 1 hour twice a day, but that's all you want as it is a bit slippery around the pool area as you'd expect "water/tiles". overall fantastic week.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Darren S
perdikia, General Manager at Perdikia Hill, responded to this review, September 20, 2014
Hello/Merhaba,

Thank you very much for spending your precios time to share your imprensions&comments about our hotel and choosing our hotel again for you &for your loved ones.

We are so happy that you& your family had a wonderful time had a piece of mind and felt secure.
We will keep on doing our best to reach the best of for our guests.

As a management we aim to reach the best standards for our guests and looking forward to hear your impressions during or after your visits.

Looking forward to seeing&wellcoming you on next years.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Our first visit and I contracted the virus. And spent next 2 days in our rooms

we began to hear of many other guests were also ill or had been ill with similar symptoms, the numbers becoming ill continued to grow over the holiday and as we left, a lady in the room above us was taking water to her husband who also contracted the virus the night before, some had said they had become I'll more than once, some required doctors, some were taken to hospital.

The same day, With no advice being given from the hotel on this serious outbreak or the lack of information what could be the cause, guests were getting worried. some when fit to do so left to move other hotels, some other guests got return flights home sooner, lack of any communication with guests was a concern, We all had opinions but that's all they were.

Saying this we would have stayed a second week, The restaurant manager Erkan has in the last two days has gone to great lengths to listen and respond to guests concerns and made changes.

Advice for traveling guests travelling in the near future

Assuming this Is a virus you should take precautions, check with local health agencies before travel as we found the travel agencies gave no advice during our holiday.
Assume it could passed on be cross contamination touch into mouth/ cups/glasses, foods left open and uncovered, drinks, water you wash with or swim in (oral) or air-born by cough, sneeze, between persons within close

Keep plenty of bottle water in you room at all times, inform hotel and holiday rep if you become ill.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Thedonnyduo
perdikia, General Manager at Perdikia Hill, responded to this review, September 22, 2014
Hello/Merhaba,

First of all we would like you to know that we are very sorry about your holiday was unpleasant and you get ill on your holiday.
We think it is not fair enough to blame the hotel about illness without any doctor or hospital report.We don't accept it(if you can prove you complaint with dr or medical report we are ready to do what are you want)
Dear guests believe to us our foods and pools are controlling continually with offical analyysis(according to Turkish laws what we have to do it)
There are a lot of causes affected the gastroenetrits illness and it's symptoms are same with another vomiting and diarhea; stomach sensitive,hottest days,too much alcohol,accustomed to eat oily and spicy meals e.t.c
How are you suspecting from us?
If you know some medical informations about gastroenterits you can not be sure without detailed microbiology analsis for this kind of reason.Most common symptoms are vomitting,diarrhoea and stomach cramps.There are too much chance that the illness was not necessarily from the hotel.
Everybody blame us for this illness for no evident reason.
We have a reports that was outbreak in England and maybe some of our guests coming here be ill .They know or not.
When we are realize this kind of illness .We are taking some actions for prevent to spready it in
hotel.We do prevention of spread of infections is an active ongoing procudure immediately as below; (we are conscious about infections and we can't risk anybody )
- Housekeeping had a major effect on avoiding illness spread.They use of hypochlorite solution for cleaning surfaces concentrating on hand contact surfaces throughout the room as well as toilets and sinks.All soiled linen be bagged seperately and clearly highlighted as soiled.
-Public toilets are cleaning hourly ,hand rails and door handles are cleaning hourly.
-All public toilets has antibacterials disinfected for usuing hand.
- one of our staff waiting entrance of restaurant with hand disinfected to use for guests.
-ıncorporates all normal food and pool hygiene controls in all kitchens,bars&restaurant areas&pool areas a high level of cleanliness.
-We are trying to spready but it is to diffucult in big areas because it is to easy spready person to person.
Dear Guest believ to us any hotel get a illness at anytime .we have alot of analyse by laboratory and we are innocent .This is not our faults . We take all the necessary actions as a management to avoid the risks due to quality prosedures.But We couldn't fixed before hotel check-in who is ill or not.How we can stopped them before entrance of hotel.We don't have detector for illness.
We are looking forward to seeing&welcoming you on next time.

Norwich
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was my third time to Turkey and my first staying in the Ovacik/Hisaronu area.

Hotel/Grounds -

Firstly, the hotel and it's grounds are kept very clean and the rooms are cleaned on a daily basis. The rooms are spacious and have a good power shower which for me is a bonus. One of the downsides to the rooms is that the walls are very thin. As did a lot of people, we requested to move rooms after our first night. The original room was far too noisy and was also overlooking a building site. The second room, towards the back of the hotel, was a lot quieter however you could still hear when next door turned their TV on.

Food -

As with any all inclusive hotel there was an element of repetitiveness but the food that was available was always tasty. Their is a good selection of hot and cold options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The only thing I noticed which I did find slightly disappointing was that their was always a fish option at lunch, but never for dinner. As I do not eat meat this did mean that my evening meal consisted of salad, rice and chips. Not particularly what I want to eat everyday.

Location -

As the name suggests this hotel is located up a steep hill so may not be suitable for those with walking difficulties. The setting of the hotel is very picturesque and a lot of the rooms do offer a lovely view of the mountains and surrounding area. This hotel is located in Ovacik which is essentially the overspill of Hisaronu, a predominately British resort filled with lots of shops lively bars and restaurants. The last time I visited Turkey I stayed in Olu Deniz and I personally preferred this to Hisaronu. I felt that Hisaronu was too British and lacked the Turkish charm that Olu Deniz has. There is a free bus which runs daily from the hotel to Olu Deniz which is ideal if you would like to have a day at the beach and wonder around the resort.

Entertainment -

During our week stay we had a break Dancing show, Music quiz, Bingo and a Turkish night. To be honest, I have never been one for hotel entertainment as it's always very cheesy. It is however a "nice to have" if you intend to spend an evening in around the hotel.

Overall I felt that this hotel was good, with very friendly and welcoming staff. The manager Ekran was a lovely man and always wanted to please. Unfortunately for me because of the location I do not think I would come back to this hotel, but if you are looking for a week away and are not necessarily bothered about the resort itself then Perdikia Hill is a good option.

• Stayed June 2014
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2014

i have just returned this morning from Perdikia hills.If you want a nice quiet poolside holiday then this is for you,it was a bit quiet for me and quite away from Hisaranu or Olo Deniz..The rooms are spotlessly clean and the maid went beyond her duties and even folded our clothes every day.The entertainment team are very funny and friendly (as were all staff) and tried to get you to interact.The food was very good having a different choice at lunchtime then teatime,no food was repeated twice.Unfortunately about Tuesday there was an outbreak of gastro-enteritis of which i was victim myself.Lots of people were saying its food based but i dont believe it was.I was with two friends we all ate the same things and i was the only one ill if it was food the whole hotel would have gone down.Ive read the previous comment and yes there were quite a few ill but not everyone and this comment is detrimental to the hotel.All it takes was for someone to arrive with the trots and poor hygiene and hey ho..epidemic.All in all i enjoyed my stay just a little far out.

Room Tip: rooms at the top are very small if more than two people with a very small balcony and no view.but a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Goldengirl1614
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed June 7, 2014

The rooms are lovely and clean, fresh towels daily, the staff are chatty and friendly and if you want a week by the pool its a nice spot especially if you have kids as its all very well maintained and is compact whilst having plenty of facilities. Pools, slides, big chess, playground, courts etc.

It is a little out of the way but again we knew that before we went and that didnt bother us. Hisaronu is walkable if you are fit, the hotel bus will drop you in Olu deniz and you can catch the dolmus to Fethiye. The bus stop is a 5 min walk down hill, ten min walk back up the hill!! Taxis are plentiful too and the receptionists are helpful to point you in the right direction.

I would say there were two down sides to the holiday. Firstly everyone in the resort was ill and It became apparent in a short time that it was food based. Two days of violent sickness plagued everyones holiday and whilst reports to reception said we were alone and there was no problems, it was quite apparent that everyone was talking about it. Poolside, restaurant on the bus, everyone had been ill at some point. Ercan and the team were trying to get on top of it and taking measures to make minimise the problem but it did mar our holiday.

The second downside was the animation team we felt were a bit non plus. The resort wasn't that busy and they failed to think out of the box or be that enthusiastic or engaging. Burak did ok,and at least tried. The others were in the wrong job!

It really is a nice little spot here. But on this occasion the buts did spoil it for us :-(

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank 1001rooms
Hello/Merhaba,

How are you suspecting from us?
Everybody blame us for this illness for no evident reason.
-All public toilets has antibacterials disinfected for usuing hand.
Dear Guest believ to us any hotel get a illness at anytime .we have alot of analyse by laboratory and we are innocent .This is not our faults . We take all the necessary actions as a management to avoid the risks due to quality prosedures.But We couldn't fixed before hotel check-in who is ill or not.Some guests were speaking in outside who had stayed in different hotels and they had also been ill.
We are looking forward to seeing&welcoming you on next time.

Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Myself and two children aged 13&10 spent a week during the May half term at this hotel and had a great time on arrival we checked in and I was disapointed with the room as I'd previously emailed the hotel requesting a high floor with pool view, I know it's not always guaranteed but thus room seemed dark on the ground floor with a shaded balcony overlooking the road so I asked at the reception if it was possible to be moved and was immediately given keys to two rooms in the new block which were very modern and newly refurbished. There's no lifts at the hotel but the stairs kept us fit and the views from the sunny balcony were amazing, the weather was fab and the pools weren't too cold so we're a welcome relief in the hot afternoons , the slides came on twice a day from 11-12am and 4-5pm which everyone seemed to enjoy as the pool was suddenly full with kids and adults splashing about!
The food was nice and seemed to get better everyday the breakfasts were basic but the lunches and evening meals were really good Aldo the snack bar serving pizzas chips and fries was a popular choice and tasty, ice cream was served for an hour in the main restaurant with no limit on how many, think my son had three in one day!!
the variety and quality of food was of a good standard however would suggest that maybe the waiters could help by taking drinks orders as sometimes they stood around waiting to clear plates while people struggled getting meals especially being a single parent and making sure flys didn't land on the food whilst you had to order a drink from the outside section of the restaurant and hoping that your table hasn't been cleared by the keen waiters when you got back!lol Apart from that the hotel had a friendly safe relaxed feeling about it, nothing was too much trouble and you never felt pressured into taking part or paying for extras in the hotel, myself and boys actually enjoyed a Turkish bath and for £10 ...the boys £5 each it was a fun and great value way of having some pampering done that we could all enjoy, highly recommended and if you book in as soon as you arrive your guaranteed a great tan!! All in all we loved the hotel and would defo return thanks perdikia hill family resort

Room Tip: High floor in the new block, views are stunning
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank tycar
perdikia, General Manager at Perdikia Hill, responded to this review, October 10, 2015
Hello /Merhaba,

Thank you very much for nice comments.That is very kind of you to appreciate my staff who have been working at the back ground.We call them '' The hidden Heros''We enjoyed too much your comments&explanation about almost every single details from garden to rooms from Hisarönü bars to restaurants.Your comments will be raed by alot of potential guests and they will have an idea where they are coming to.If you will come again to our hotel we will be honoured to accomodate you next summer.

Kindly regards,