“Sweetest place”
Review of Iyon Pansiyon

Iyon Pansiyon
Ranked #4 of 23 Foca B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We loved this cute pension. Lovely folks. Quaint. We felt very at home and comfortable.
We especially enjoyed sitting out front at one of the little tables until dark with a glass of wine, facing the water just a block away. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I chose a room off the garden. It was quite basic and rather close to evening activity in the patio...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was able to visit Foca, Turkey this past July where my grndfather was born in the late 1890's. Staying at Iyon Pansiyon was just perfect. It is small, owned by the fourth generation and central to "downtown" Foca and the waterfront. The rooms were reasonable and clean, breakfast was good and the hospitality was great. Each room had it's own clothes line outside the door so hand laundry could dry in a snap. I started my day in Bodrum, took a bus to Izmir and then Yenifoca. I would recommend just taking a taxi from Izmir. I would have been more direct. The staff at Iyon Pansiyion were "waiting" for me and came out to the taxi to great me and help me with my luggage. It was such a nice place. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank musicbuff04530
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed here for three nights during a week long trip to Turkey. We were made very welcome on arrival, Umet sorted out somewhere to park the car and helped us get our bags to the room. The staff were all very friendly and helpful during our stay and gave us good recommendations for the best places to eat in town.
The breakfast, eaten on the verandah in front of the building, was excellent - enough food to set us up for the morning and plenty of drinks.
The room was good - we had a suite at the front of the build with a view to the sea. Although we didn't use it, there was a fridge in the room.
Iyon Pansiyon is ideally situated, close enough to the harbour and town so that the eating places are all within easy reach but far enough away to be out of earshot of the noise and bustle.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jonathan A
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for three days this summer. It is a very original place, quiet, friendly atmosphere, the rooms are small but comfortable and furnished with everything essential (air condition, tv, fridge, hair-drier...) the staff was very friendly and helpful! The location is also good (in the city center). If you are looking a nice B&B to stay in Foca for some days it is perfect!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Me and my buddies stayed in Iyon Pansiyon for 2 nights in New Year's Eve. It was the best experience I've ever had in a looong time. I do not recommend this hippiesh and lovely pansion, I strongly urge you to go there to taste the beautiful time.

Room Tip: Iyon Pansion has 10 rooms in total (doesn't it great?) 2 of them are suites and located in the s...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank iSercan
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed in a triple room for one night .The position of hotel is perfect, near the city center and the seafront but on a quiet street .The staff of the hotel was very friendly and helpful .Our room rate was very reasonable. The only negative point is that the triple room was a bit small.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank giasimo
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Friendly owner. Very nice breakfast. Perfect location by the harbour but on a secondary road very quiet. Good value for money. Shower broken.Noisy fridge.Basic room.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple