“We love the Bulbul Yuvasi”

Bulbul Yuvasi Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Foca
London, England, United Kingdom
“We love the Bulbul Yuvasi”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel with my wife and I loved it!
The food was fantastic and the setting lovely. Starting each day with a fresh breakfast made with ingredients from the hotel's garden, prepared by the wonderful Selma meant we skipped lunch as we were both too full.
The staff were completely charming and could not have been more helpful whether arranging transfer to beaches, boat trips, to and from airports/stations etc. There is no private beach granted, but though annoyed at first by this we both felt that this hotel made the perfect break in a lovely area of Turkey.
Meena, Barhtia (sorry about the spelling) Selma and the others were great and made the whole trip special. I can't recommend this hotel enough for a relaxing stress free holiday. I'll be back for sure X

Room Tip: Get the first floor Jacuzzi room, Ailiyah I think it was, great view, great shower, great bed!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Bulbul Yuvasi Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear Crockers,

As Bulbul Yuvasi Family, we like you very much as our relatives. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Thanks for your lovely comment. You are very polite. ( UK is the best !!! Good luck )

Selma BULBUL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Turkish first
France
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, but I felt it was overpriced and some of the descriptions were slightly misleading. The rooms were nice but a little small. There was no outside space other than a 1 metre wide balcony on the ground floor. The main thing I would warn other users about though, is that I read the description and thought there was a private beach within a few metres of the hotel. In fact this was not the case. The staff kindly took me to and from a public beach, but it was several km away. We were also disappointed not to have had it explained that there was no hot water when we arrived at the hotel. It was an unpleasant shock after a long journey ( though rectified later that evening).

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank su0
As you know our hotel is Turkish Ministery Of Tourism registered boutique hotel. As boutique hotels, at any place of the world have the prices little bit higher than normal hotels.
For the beach, there is a misunderstanding. It is mentioned in our web page, the hotel has not a private beach but has engaged beach.
Hot water was a unexpected technical problem but it was covered within few hours.
But anyhow, we are sorry about that.

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

ankara
Reviewed June 14, 2012

ı found bulbul yuvasi from trip advisor and stayed for my job. room with seaview is hıgh qulity standarts. breakfast is excellent and lots of alternatives. for companies, early breakfast buffet is possible that is why ı prefer this hotel. ıt is the cleanest one that ı stayed in... the prices are normal for the quality..ı recommend all companies and foreıgn guests if they visit foca...owners and staff are smmiling people,helpful.thanks a lot for everything.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tunc a
nightingalehome, Owner at Bulbul Yuvasi Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Tunc,

Thank you for your good comment and recommendation.
It is pleasure to welcome you again at our hotel.

Regards
Moscow
Reviewed June 11, 2012

While travelling around the country by car and heading to Izmir we suddenly stopped on the hill to watch the magic sunset. And then we saw a small nice village down the hill with a nice landscape and fairy atmosphere. That was Foca. We decided to stay overnight and accidentally found Bulbul Yuvasi. Oh my God! We loved it so much that next morning after the most exclusive and sophisticated breakfast we decided to spend another day and night there. Izmir was of no inerest anymore.

Do not miss this cosy hotel, that is a most pleasant experience you might have! Atmosphere of the small boutique hotel and love which is visible in every litle detail - thanks to the fantastic owner and the staff!!!

Very happy to have been there! And for sure ask for aboat trip around the islands - splendid!!!

Biggest mistake I made: I didnt buy the room linen bath-robe which i simply fell i love with. Still 1 month later I think about it with such a nostalgy...

Room Tip: We stayed at Larisa II - fantastic. But if you want a jacuzzi inside -ask for Alalia.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you... Thank you... Thank you...
We never forget your politeness and smiling faces.Your lovely comments give us energy and performance to host our guests.
Your magic description and writing about Foca is unbelievable.
Thaks a lot for your kind comments.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed June 8, 2012

The hotel bülbül has an excellent position near the habour with a lot of nice views. The publicrooms have luxurious equipments, also the bedrooms.The breakfast and the dinner
is excellent. The service is the best what we know. The owners of the hotel makes wishes
going smoothly. A lot of foot was fresh handmade and delicious, we stayed 2 weeks and
sure... we come back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
nightingalehome, Owner at Bulbul Yuvasi Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
It was a great pleasure for us to spend time together at Bulbul Yuvasi for two weeks.
Thank you for your valuable comments.
We'll be happy to hosting you again.

Sincerely
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We decided to make a local trip in Turkey and went to foca for two days. We stayed in Bulbul Yuvasi and in one sentence the hotel was pretty good, clean, quite, and the breakfast was beyond the expectations..if you decide to runaway from the crowd and make a perfect vacation, this hotel offers you the best. İ would like to thank all the stuff.

• Stayed May 2012
nightingalehome, Owner at Bulbul Yuvasi Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
We thank you for your kind comments.
As Bulbul Yuvasi Famiy, that will be our pleasure hosting you in our hotel again.

Bridport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Bulbul Yuvasi is a beautiful small hotel in a perfect location and run by very friendly and welcoming people. The rooms and all public areas are beautifully decorated and furnished with lovely attention to detail and the whole hotel smells divine. I will definitely return if I can afford it, though it's not very expensive considering the luxury and service. Just a few minor quibbles: 1) I sent an email in advance about special dietary requirements and was told that there would be plenty of choice for breakfast - there wasn't, though this was rectified on the second morning after I made a point of it; 2) when booking, I specified that we preferred to be high up but I was recommended a room on the first floor when there was a quieter and more private room available on the top floor (which I only ascertained after arriving); 3) I mentioned on the second day that some lights were not working and because of this it was not possible to see the AC controls - nothing was done about this so I had to ask again the next day; 4) I think the beds could be of better quality - when my partner turned over, the whole mattress bounced and a good mattress should not do this; 5) why provide travel hair-dryers which are not powerful and not ergonomic - after all, it's the client who is travelling, not the hair dryer?! 6) I couldn't for the life of me work out how to operate the safety deposit box. But I am probably a difficult customer and these quibbles are only minor and did not take away from the enjoyment of staying there. Also, we had a lovely meal cooked beautifully and with care - the whole balcony to ourselves and a tasty bottle of French wine. This is a really special place, highly recommended.

Room Tip: It's probably quieter on the upper floors and sea views will be better. Our room was on the firs...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your highly recommended hotel classification.
Comments off all customers are very important for us. On that basis, your recommendations will be taken very siriusly.
Even though, the comments on ' beds, safe box, hair dry ' are really suprised for us. They are top standard products for hotels.
Our breakfast as you mentioned is very rich and has a lot of homemade alternatives.
Maybe in your first day, we can not serve you for your very special diet programme. But we are happy at least you were happy after the second day.
That will be our pleasure to welcome you in our hotel very soon.