“Best Food at Antakya”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This very centrally located restaurant serves the best, the most delicious local food in Antakya but hélas, the ambiance does not match the food standards, it's very plain and ordinary. The restaurant has 2 floors: the entrance is a bit packed, the second floor is larger and less suffocating, so I recommend to sit at the second floor. Make sure you go there hungry as there are a lot of different dishes to taste. We ordered "kağıt kebabı", "tepsi kebabı", "ali nazik" as main dishes and they were all very delicious, my favorite was tepsi kebabı. The meals are all very hot, so make sure you notify the waiters in case you can not tolerate that. The service is very swift, very friendly and the personnel is very talkative in case you like to chat. The price is very reasonable especially when compared with Istanbul prices.

2  Thank TubaKoseogluOkcu

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Antakya is a sad, dirty and very badly shaped city but this restaurant in the old part of town by a lot of shop and in front of a synagogue is amazing. We got a choice of different mezze and some lamb as a main. I do not have a sweet tooth but the kayadif cheese cake was absolutely scrumptuous

1  Thank Chantal V
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My wife really loved the food. I've been to better restaurants in the region. Service is excellent. A bit pricey. Location is excellent and was right next to our hotel. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone not on a budget.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

if you have only one night in the city, you must choose this place. plenty options of the local foods, very good taste and service. Reasonable price ( appr. 15 euro per person with one glass of drink). Please leave some space for the kunefe for the final, you will not regret.

2  Thank haticeg
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This restaurant, very close to Antik Beyazit Hotel where we stayed at, is simply outstanding in terms of the Antakya cuisine. Kagit kebabi and the Künefe we had there were to die for. In fact I took a small tray of Künefe from them to carry with me on the plane back to Istanbul.

3  Thank enigma2007