I recently had the pleasure of staying with Sulayman and Canan at the delightful Hoyran-Wedre .
This couple are far from your usual proprieters or managers and have the skill and personalities that have made it possible for them to create a very homely, welcoming and restful place to stay. They have an advantage of being able to find staff that are like family. The friendly Ramazan, the shy Beriwan, the house kitten, Murmer, dog Peanut And the free ranging chooks all firm the welcoming staff/family.
The grounds were beautiful with picturesque ripe pomegranates and the smell of fresh herbs.Every turn revealed another picture to admire, and being on a painting tour, this was wonderful!
It was not warm enough for me to swim but the sunset reflecting I the infinity pool that was set overlooking the Mediterranean was just magical.
My room and balcony was decorated with authentic collectables. The bed was clean and comfortable.
Canan was a great cook and provided us with home cooked meals that were as good or better then I had had anywhere else in Turkey. She managed to come up with substitute menus to cater for my friends with special dietary considerations and made them feel they were not causing any inconvenience.
Suleyman was a warm, friendly man who took a us on a walk to see the archeological sites that were unlike any I had seen before. So untouched by both tourists or archeologists! Absolutely amazing, as was the smell of the wild sage and thyme underfoot . I considered myself very lucky!
This was a hidden treasure off the beaten track but well worth the drive.
I know I will visit again and spend longer next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hoyran Wedre is a country style hotel built of stone and wooden in the antique Lycian village Hoyran, that is on the Toros Mountain at the south coast of Turkey. The hotel has 2 suites and 9 double rooms all decorated in different styles. Each room has a functional fireplace. The life in Hoyran is far away from the stress and noise of the big cities. All you can hear here is the voice of the nature and the spellbinding silence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hoyran Wedre Country Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoyran Wedre Hotel Demre (Kale)
- Hoyran Wedre Kale Demre
- Hoyran Wedre Country Houses Turkey/Demre (Kale)