“You will not regret a trip to Magic life Waterworld!! Fantastic :)”

TUI MAGIC LIFE Waterworld
Ranked #29 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed September 27, 2011

A friend of mine had just returned from Voyage in Belek and after hearing his tales myself and my fiance booked a late get away. After looking into many of the complex's Belek has to offer, Club Magiclife was our decided choice after reading many reviews and going on price. Most of the UK flights are late and being 2 hours ahead inTurkey getting there in the dark is most likely to happen, we found this slightly daunting as you can't judge anything other than it's very big and the English are for once a minority. You will notice the staff will assume you are German with the ratio of German being very high. I found this rather strange at first. I almost felt lonely however at the end of the week i found the experience of being the minority quite nice. The staff were fab we loved the activity pool as there was a bar, water slides and constant fab music (many classic tunes blasting out each day.) we even got involved in a couple of the daily games, however there are around 6 pools suiting everyones taste so you can have peace and quiet if thats more your thing. Our room was fine nice and big, slight air-con issue but we sorted it in the end. So much choice in food and different places to eat. Entertainment was good, live music, out door theatre and we even attended a beach party one night which was a good laugh. Lots of daily activitys you really can't get bored. Went into Belek centre one day for a change, nice little town not much to offer but you don't need to leave your complex so don't be put off. Transfer not far from the airport. A final tip for you is they love Euro's (strange i know) you don't need to spend money but if you take a little then take euro's. :)

Room Tip: We upgraded but found there was no point. Suites have a sofa that you won't use as your not in y...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaniMark

Reviewed September 19, 2011

My party arrived at the hotel at 2200hrs on the 9th September, on entering the reception we were most impressed by the large fish tank at the rear of the receptionists. The foor area is fantastic with glass areas which cover sea shells and sand. My party included a child and a lady suffering with MS who's balance and nervous system has been attacked and is unable to walk and therefore requires a wheel chair to get around. The hotel web site stated that a family room had two bedrooms with a bathroom in the middle so access was easy from both rooms. Unfortuntely when we got to our room, we found that the bathroom was not in the middle of the two rooms and was infact near the main door which meant there was a distance to travel from the double room which was accessed by an internal door this meant my cousin had a problem getting to the bathroom, as there was not enough room to get a wheel chair through the gap and there were no lights from the double room and therefore fell over and got very distressed with this. I went and spoke to the reception to ask if the could move us to a room which was more suited to my cousins needs however, I was told there were no other rooms available, and none of thier rooms where as described on the website or illustrated on thier web site. I then asked if the beds in the room could be re arranged so my cousin could sleep nearer to the bathroom however, I was told that all the beds where permanent andfixed and could not be moved. I went back to the rooms and all the beds where moveable when I asked if someone could help me move the beds I was told none was available. When I questioned this the fluent english speaking receptionist stated that he could not understand what I was saying and told me to go away. I then had an appointment with Eileen the reservation lady, who finally stated that she could find me a further room, however, on seeing the room it was 5 minutes away from the main complex and was accessible by golf cart and up a steep hill which was not easily accessible and therefore we had to decline the room. Eileen could not understand why we had to turn the room down and then decided she could no longer speak english. Due to my cousins illness the Tomson rep Katie requested that we be allowed to keep our room until 1700hrs on day of departure and she was advised that we could which was such a relief for us. However, when I went to py the extra money to keep the room I was advised that the hotel was full and that they could not accomodate our request. In addition I asked if there were any other guests allowed to keep thier room and told noone leaving on that day would be keeping thier room however, on speaking to other guests whom all were able bodied where allowed to keep thier rooms. Thomson 24/7 and the Thomson rep all tried to get the hotel to change thier minds but they refused, and were extremely rude and unhelpful espcially bazil and eileen the reservation manager. I feel if I had been german then I would have been more catered for as every member of reception staff spoke fluent german.

Saying that the other members of staff where fantastic, the restaurant staff were so helpful with my cousin and showed her around the restuarant in the wheel chair. The food was out of this world and there were so many choices and cooked before your eyes. The entertainment was great, with different shows each night at the amptitheater followed by other shows/discos at the various bars around the complex, which I must say is huge and is full of hills, to access the dining room there is a steep hill and pushing a wheel chair up the hill is bad enough but trying to control it as it picks up speed as it rolls down the steep is not funny. During the day there was plenty of things to do my daughter and I went on the banana boat 3 or 4 times a day and went water ski ing daily, there were other sports like catamarans and wind surfing. There was childrens clubs and my daughter thoroughly enjoyed her time with "Stefan" the teen's entertainment. There were several A la Carte restuarants, we managed to get to the fish restuarant which was fantastic and the service was brilliant. The Gala night was most impressive with the melon sculptures and ice sculptures. The grounds were emaculate, the gardens where tended to daily by an army of gardeners. The hotel has a great environmental poicy and clearly looks after the look wild life as we saw red squirels running around the gardens and several tortoises wandering around. In addition the hotel has a cat house for the hotels cats, who they feed three times a day and have a local vet look at the cats on a regualr basis.

The hotel on the whole was very good however, our holiday was spoilt by the unhelpfulness of the reception staff and their discrimination towards wheel chair users.

Room Tip: the pine hills room deluxe/superior rooms are just that fantastic but up a large hill if you have wa...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank traceyandgerogia
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Club Magic Life Waterworld,well to start with it is a BIG resort,we have been to Club magic property's before(not this one) and with over 2,000 staying at this resort it is big( we never thought to look at how many people)anyway when we arrived late at night,we were taken to our room by golf cart,we were in the Pine Hills area,which was nice away from every thing,we had a pool out side our room in our block seemingly a couple of blocks had there own swimming pool.The room was lovely a deluxe room ,plenty of space for just 2 of us,rooms cleaned every day,fresh towels,even towels made into shapes on the bed with flowers and petals ,nice touch.The food in the main restaurant(magico), was cooked fresh in front of you,plenty of it aswell,we timed it
for when to go down when it was not too busy,waiters were kept busy and always there if you needed a drink from the bar. We also tried 3 of the a la carte restaurants,brazilian,which was lovely,also the italian was lovely,the Thai we were not impressed, again the waiters could not do enough for you.During the day plent of places to eat,even an a la carte mexican which you did not need to book, which we enjoyed.
The grounds were emaculate,gardens looked after very well,even saw a couple of tortoises rambling a bout,even the beach was kept clean aswell by a couple of people,plenty of management walking about checking every thing should be as it should,even saw the top maager walking about a good few times.
If you like sports,plenty here,my hubby was into the water ski-ing,that is why we went,and he was very pleased with how it all was set up,he had 30 ski's in the 2 weeks we were there which is good as it is included in the all - inclusive price,my self I had a go at nordic walking which I really enjoyed,I also used the gym which was good aswell with top of the range equipment,we also went to the water park which was good,busy though.The is tennis any time of day to early morning to late evening,volley ball,archery,aerobics of all types
would we go back no as we found it too big ,but it is good for family's as they have loads going on at the kids clubs for all ages.The evening entertainment was good aswell with beach party's,white party's,foam party's water party's,musical entertainment,gala nights shows in the ampitheater every evening,I hope this helps anybody who is looking to going to this hotel

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank tattooman
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Magic Life Waterworld Imperial delivered one of the most amazing holiday experienced I have had yet. This is a truly brilliant hotel that caters for everyone and everything.

First impressions were not great. The hotel area is quite tacky and does nothing to allude the beauty that you encounter once you enter the resort. Being taken on golf buggies to your rooms is a nice touch to start the break. We had a family room (even though we are a couple) which contributed to how spacious the room was. Arriving at night, we were indicated to the late night snack bar. This was a bit of a nightmare since the complex is huge and it is difficult to negotiate in the dark. The food in the snack bar was basic and left me worried for what was to come over the next 7 days.

However, we were shocked. The food was of the highest quality. There were plentiful cold displays for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a huge outdoor hot food area. The one thing that strikes you immediately is that so much of the food is cooked in front of you, reinforcing how fresh the produce is. The tastiest dish was pide - a Turkish bread topped with either cheese, meat or spinach (again made fresh by a dedicated cook) I would definitely recommend booking the a la carte restaurants. We had the Turkish and Brazilian menus twice and it was unbelievably tasty (but one for the carnivores for sure!). There is also a tasty Mexican snack bar and beach kebab cafe - each with hearty options to fill any hunger pangs.

The pools really did suit every taste. The waterslide area is huge and seemed to be where most people were. There was the obligatory entertainment programme around the pool which made it very noisy. The family pool is hidden away from the main strip and had smaller water features for children. However, for those wanting pure r'n'r, then head to the Adult Relax Pool. This is strictly for over 16s - something that was reinforced by lifeguards and hotel management. There is a pool bar serving beer and soft drinks with the friendliest barman (Fatih) I have come acrosss in a while! Normally with resorts like this, sunbeds can be a problem. But with this resort, you never struggled for one - even if you didn't get to the pool until lunchtime.

We stayed in The Village area (whcih is close to the two quieter pools). This area is surrounded by large pine trees and aloe vera plants and is extremely peaceful at all times. Those seeking a peaceful holiday should head here.

There were so many activities to take part it, we were feeling tired just watching everyone! There are 6 floodlit astroturf tennis courts as well as many places to play volleyball, badminton, ping pong and darts.

The evening entertainment programme appeared to be very much targeted to a German audience with plenty of live bands of dubious quality playing hits from the past 50 years. Brits found this hysterically funny (you'll see what i mean) while the other guests found it very much to their taste.

It is true that Germans and Russians do make up the vast majority of guests here, but if your main concern is being surrounded by fellow Anglophiles, then head to Blackpool. This is one seriously classy resort with plenty for all. We did not leave the resort once and there is so much we did not do - that gives you an idea of the sheer magnitude of the place.

The final mention must go to the staff. There were plenty of them around and nothing was too much for them. The quality of service was the highest I have experienced in any hotel I have visited. Managers were constantly going around checking everything was just so but the most fascinating thing was that all the staff were so happpy - it really aided our enjoyment of the break.

Whatever you want from a holiday, you are sure to find it here. It really was something for everyone and I will be back in the very near future.

Room Tip: Request The Village - it is the most beautiful area of the hotel. Ask for a room with a balcony over...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank leemabey
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This all-inclusive Magic Life resort near Antalya is huge, it's classy and it's fun with great staff (600 of them). Like all Magic Lifes, it caters for German speakers but don't let that stop you. For us, two adults and boy 15 and girl 13 it was the best of 3 Magic Lifes so far. Hardly ever saw the kids so we adults chilled out at one of the many pools or on the beach, ate and drank to our hearts content (like I said, all inclusive, no cash required even for water sports and nightly entertainment). A la carte restaurants include Seafood, Thai and Turkish .Price included airfares from Vienna and transfers. Turkish bath and massages (cost extra but so worth it). Temps ranged from 28 to 38.

Room Tip: Superior family room gave entry for kids without disturbing the oldies.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank brett_bayly
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We never stayed in the same hotel twice, but Magic Life Waterworld is worth coming back to. We went there in 2005, 2009 and 2011, and in the future we will visit ML WW again, definately.

The "compound" is very beautifull. Main building Palace, two Phoenix buildings, and a lot of cottages between the pine trees (smells great). It's very green, with a lot of trees and flowers. There is a 1,7 km path in/round the whole park where you can run/jog. So it's quite big, but that's why it's never very crowded.

There are different pools. The activity pool in front of the main building Palace, where is also the waterpark with the slides. The slides are a lot of fun, not only for kids! The sort of half pipe slide is very high!
There is also a family relaxpool, hidden between the trees and cottages, very nice. And there is a adult relaxpool (no kids and noise allowed).
And two simple pools in the Phoenix buildings.
You can always find a bed somewhere, there are enough even when the accomodation is full.

The main restaurant is very good, but we loved the à la carte restaurants!! La Careta is super (South American), Mai Tai (Eastern) = great (try the fried icecream as desert), loooved the Turkish restaurant, as well as the Mediteranean.
Lunch you can eat in Magico, or at the Coke & McMagic (name says enough), at Zapata (Mexican, very delicious) near the family relaxpool. Near the aquapark sandwiches and toast all day, waffles in the afternoon. There is a pattiserie near the shops (cakes, baklava, chocolate-stuff)
So I gain some (a lot) weight during my stay in Waterworld.

We stayed in the main building Palace in a suite, that were two corresponding rooms. In 2005 we were in a huge one, in 2009 it was less huge, but still very very big. In 2010 we stayed in the village (the cottages), on the first floor.

There is also a spa, kidsclub, mountainbikecentre, watersportscentre, animation, etc.

The all inclusive formula is very complete, never experienced it better before (and we are used to a lot, in holidays). Even a haircut (done very good!!) and watersports such as banana or wakeboarding are all-in.

A lot German & Austian visitors. Some Belgian, Dutch, Russian (not annoying).
Everything is in German. So our son doesn't understand any of it. We are from Holland.

We could recommend a stay in Magic Life Waterworld. It's everything we are looking for in a holiday (sun, fun, relaxing, good food, etc.), with no wallet!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank Claukoole
Reviewed July 27, 2011

we travelled with friends and when we had checked in our rooms we quite far appart even though we had made a point to thomson we wanted to be close! we approached the reception and they didn't hesitate to correct the situation! The staff cannot do enough for you.The rooms are very spacious very clean and very well maintaned on a daily basis! it is possibly the best hotel we have stayed in plus it was our first all inclusive and we were not dissapointed in anyway! The main dining room was well staffed and plenty of choice of well cooked and well presented food! Definatly something for everybody!! The pools are very clean and there was plenty of sunbeds to go round! The entertainment team do a fantastic job. If you are travelling as a couple or a family a group or with friends you will not be dissapointed with this hotel!!!

Room Tip: we stayed in the pheonix block which had a seperate pool! It is centrall to everything.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family