“Heavenly honeymoon made so special!”

Gloria Serenity Resort
Ranked #9 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I had our honeymoon and my birthday here in October. We were made to feel so special and the hotels attention to detail was unreal! From the champagne reception, Red bed covers, rose petals, fresh fruit, birthday card, pamper kit, essentials package (toothpaste, razors etc), chocolates and fresh beautiful flowers on arrival and on my birthday!

We went all inclusive and really couldn't want for anything! It was the best breakfast I have ever had! We booked ahead for the a la carte restaurants which was a good idea as they were fully booked every night. They were amazing too, especially the French one! The staff were so helpful. The entertainment is a real shock how good it is. They have a huge outdoor arena where they have 'Britains Got Talent' style entertainment every night; really breathtaking.

It was great! The icing on the cake was when we got home and the hotel got in touch to find out how we got on. I asked if it was possible for them to send me some chilli sauce which I really liked from in the restaurants. A week later, I got two bottle from DHL. That is customer service!

I would love to go back!

Michael and Fiona!

Room Tip: They look after honeymooners!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank MichaelMiggy10
Write a ReviewReviews (1,663)

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed here in the beginning of October and it was very nice. We only tried the French restaurant and the fish restaurant by the river and both were excellent although the portions in the French one were very small. The waiters did not object to us ordering more than one starter in the French restaurant so everyone ate their fill. The breakfast buffet was nice with a multitude of options. The lunch and dinner buffet were standard for a five star resort but nothing beyond that. Definitely not the best dinner buffet we have had in a resort of this standard.
There was a lovely italian restaurant outside which we enjoyed for most lunches and both the service and the food there was an absolute delight.

We stayed in a garden villa which was very comfortable, the beds were great and the pillow selection was excellent! It had two bedrooms and I would totally recommend that for a family with kids. It has a little patio with furniture and a hot tub outside. Just make sure you ask the hotel to make it hot (mine was quite cold).

I found the overall experience of the hotel to be very good. Most of the staff were very courteous and accommodating. The men serving at the main lobby bar were rude and ignored us on several occasions which turned me off a bit but that was the only low point during our stay.

I would definitely visit this hotel again with my family but only if I could dine every night in one of the restaurants and not the buffet!

Room Tip: In my group there was no one unhappy with their room, whichever type they stayed in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Aralk
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had planned to stay at Club Med Belek for two weeks. After one fun week there they announced that they would have to close down the hotel at short notice and offered us Gloria Serenity instead. Very nice setting, like a big park. Relaxing hotel. Lobby and style of villa's reminded me of some hotels in the US and the Middle East. The indoor swimming pool was excellent. The beach is nice. The sea was still ok to swim in, in November! Breakfast outside was nice, like sitting in a summer garden. The restaurant and food was good but not that you would remember anything particular. Not 5 star service. Waiters forget part of your order, you had to remind them to bring bread. Only Turkish newspapers and the German Bild sometimes to read at the bar. There is this weird statue in front of the hotel. My son said "Gagarin" reminding him of the Gagarin monument in Moscow's Leninsky Prospekt. The water park was closed. There was no evening show, i.e. no entertainment due to winter season. The villa was very nice, excellent sleep quality, after you have killed the army of mosquitos. Overall, a very nice unplanned stay, unspectacular but relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, they may upgrade you to a garden villa.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank FM-Copenhagen
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Previous visits to sister hotels Gloria Golf and Gloria Verde inspired us to go one better to the leader of the three...but is it?

Excellent standards of food, rooms, service and cleanliness are again on display for all to see. Funnily enough it didnt quite do it for me. Admittedly the hotel was especially busy with a large influx from Russia followed by a Turkish school holiday. Maybe thereby hangs the rub....too busy and and unfortunately too many children displaying poor dining manners meant that the dining experience was not particularly pleasant. Sorry to say it was something of a bunfight. Outdoor breakfast could be improved by turning the dining tables at right angles. Currently nearly all the tables for 2 provide one diner with sun on their face while the other suffers the discomfort of it on the back of their head.
It was early October and the evenings were quite cool but the ever resourceful hotel group has wraps for the shoulders of the ill prepared to allow for outdoor dining.
The facilities are all as good as one would expect but somehow, I have to say, Gloria Verde with its smaller and more focused nature is still my number one.

Room Tip: Sea facing in either of the 2 main blocks (even door numbers) is most desirable but not on the 1st f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank golferofsaddleworth
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here in August, family of 4 with 2 teenagers. We're normally 5 but eldest son has fallen off the end now, so now we're down to 4 - which enabled us to visit here, as from my understanding the hotel doesn't allow 3 to a room, which rules this hotel out for families of 5. We had a garden villa, which would easily have accommodated a family of 5.

Anyway this was by far the most we have ever spent on a hotel holiday (even taking into account being 1 down) and yes it is fabulous and if you want a week of luxury then yes this is the place, but there is no atmosphere to the place, it's a little dull and sterile. We have come back and yes we enjoyed it and i've no complaints but there isn't one 'wow' memory from the holiday, which when we look back we have at least one from all our previous holidays. We all much preferred Jamaica, hotel wasn't as luxurious but there was a buzz about the place (that could be the UK/USA mix and the locals all had something to say), and the boys loved Sharm, great snorkelling at the hotel beach & quad bike safaris 10 mins away - so concensus for us is if we're doing another all inc hotel hol then it would have to be Sharm.

Our hints/tips - if you can afford the extra then a Garden Villa is definitely worth it, you get loads of space & the deck area/hot tub is fantastic. I didn't think worth the extra for the pool villas, as you're very overlooked and not as much outside space as the garden villas (from our door to pool was 20 seconds, so hardly a trek). The layout looks like the hotel is very spreadout, but when you're there it's very easy & quick to get around.

Serenity is wasted on younger children, the pool areas are much more fun/child friendly at the Golf, so i'd save your money and stay there.

Restaurants were all good, but food not particularly child friendly we tried the French last and the waiter there suggested alternatives (without prompting from us) and the kids by far enjoyed that meal the most, so i'd def ask for alternatives at the other restaurants (wish we'd known that sooner). We ate in the buffet most nights, outside, there's an excellent 'a la carte' choice on the barbecue every night that was always delicious. Yes it is a long way to go for starters/sweets & it's not very well lit so you need to get in before it gets too dark. Inside is very noisy and canteen like, not relaxing.

Lots of natural shade around the place, which can be a bit annoying as the afternoon progresses - our villa outside area was completely in shade after 2 pm.

Always managed to get a sunbed somewhere, usually on the beach, so there's no need to reserve them but people still do. Beds reserved on the pier which was annoying and when they leave at the end of the day they get up and leave their stinking towel - very annoying when you have to walk past the towel laundry bin to get off the pier - but that could be just coz i'm a Mum and it's a habit

Nighttime entertainment OK, live acts had very dated material, the average age when we were there were 40s and we had Cherish, Cool & The Gang, Sandie from Grease & Living Next Door to Alice as just a few of the lowlights - what's wrong with modern stuff????

Couple of points we picked up on, no waiter/bar service around the pools you have to get up and get your own & once the restaurants close at 4/4.30 the nearest place often is your mini bar. Need extra mirrors in the villa, great ones in the bathroom but none in the bedroom area & the hairdryer's not so good so make sure you take your own,

So our conclusion is that we would not return here, as there's too many places in the World to see and I don't think Belek is a place we would like to see again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank 3-harvex
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We visited this hotel for a one week break in October 2013. The whole experience was excellent and we would certainly consider visiting again, though there appears to be pretty strong competition from similar local hotels. My only regret was that I had not got my golf clubs with me !
Certainly will next time !

Room Tip: Ground floor by the pool was very pleasant
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TitobenitoDog
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We have just returned from are 4th visit as a family of six adults to this excellent hotel,and yet again we were not disappointed,we had a laguna room this time which was nice to relax on the loungers in the afternoon after a morning relaxing on the pier cabanas.To catch your ideal spot on the pier you had to be up early to put your towels on the beds,we never quite got up as early as some of the guests but still managed to get are ideal spot. The staff were excellent and always make you feel welcome.We enjoyed all of the restaurants,especially the italian at lunchtime which was due to the food and the excellent waiter called Mehmett.We shall return next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family