“Great!”

Ranked #50 of 87 Hotels in Belek
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Very amazing Kempinski hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, we were welcomed with cold face towels and a cocktail, and the woman at the reception gave us all the information about the hotel.
The hotel is beautiful, especially the entrance and the pools. We stayed in a suit, but there was only one king size bed, so my brother had to sleep on the (hard) sofa and they brought me an extra bed. The rooms are clean and they are cleaned every day. A lot of products in the bathroom as well. Great assortment in the mini bar.

The good points:
- the service, everyone was so kind to us, especially a huge THANK YOU to mrs Sevim, Kamil, Emre D, Cuneyt, Semih, Onur and Mehmet :-)
- the beach! one of the best beaches I've ever seen in Turkey.
- the swim up pool bar and the service around the pool
- the food was excellent, I loved all the themes, like the Asian buffet and BBQ buffet. Also great Movenpick ice-cream. fresh orange juice at breakfast.
- nice swimming pool with enough sun beds for everyone. unlike other hotels you don't need to wake up at 6/7 AM to get a good spot
- amazing and huge SPA, best one I've seen so far
- a little thing I also liked very much was that you have an amazing sea view when you're in the elevator :)
- every night there is live music during dinner
- the terrace bar has a great atmosphere and they always serve you fresh fruit, nacho's, etc.
- the pita bread at the Palm Pavilion was delicious

there aren't many bad points, only a few:
- the WIFI. the wifi is very bad, they really should do something about it. there is no signal around the pool, on the beach and in the lobby bar
- the stools in the swimming pool are very dangerous, I once bumped my knee and it still hurts
- the music they are playing at the swimming pools is annoying, always the same music

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, especially if you want to relax, since there is no animation, shows, nightclub etc during the day/night. But maybe they could set up a game room for kids/teenagers with bowling, play stations, etc since there were also a lot of kids while we were there.
I really can't wait to return next year, I already miss kempinski the dome so much! See you next year :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JB19_x

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I am a travel agent and believe me I stayed at some really nice hotels.one of them will be also kempinski .kempnski has small minuses..the hotel and grounds are beautiful.it s very intimate and peaceful..you have a feeling that they are doing their best..I was surprised with the number of Russian tourists who stayed at the hotel..I think that also the hotel is waiting and hoping to attract them.i had to fill out the questenary and it was in Russian.i was so pissed that they haven't checked that I come from Slovenia and not Russia.they should recognize the world Slovenia as kempinski has its hotel in portoroz..also the service is from time to time confused maybe because they are under control of kempinski stuff from elsewhere..stil reconsidering if I would stay next time in these hotel...

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank lonij
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Beautiful, clean hotel, nice design. Good food, great selection. Terrible service, poorly trained, arrogant, often inattentive waiters, inpolite spa staff. Front desk staff not informative. Even senior staff are inefficient, they listen to you and give you fake smiles, but their annoyance at being addressed because of discrepancies is clearly visible. They might even argue with you. The hotel would be perfect for a relaxing holiday, but the poor level of service destroys the overall experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank MMCC7077
Slovenske Konjice, Slovenia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Having travelled to over 50 countries and stayed in 50’s 5 star hotels. This is the first time I have ever put review on here. Why! Because all 5 star hotels reach a certain level of service and if they do not listen and do all they can make your stay enjoyable. Unfortunately this could not be said of this hotel. Let me just give you the facts about our stay there.
Our second evening after diner, we asked a waiter is there anyone we could talk about our complains. He said evening there is no manager on duty! We learned that that was not only this day, never! Then, we find a service manager who tried to help us but he could not speak English well. We agreed with my wife to wait till morning.
After breakfast we were a small pretty cafe and saw a man who informed us he was a hotel manager and asked if everything is good. He invited us to get some coffee. We said ok and informed him our problems abaut service quality. He talked and talked… many of them was empty but we were still happy at least we could find a manager to talk. After around 30 minutes we went to our room to get our stuff for going to the beach. Not more than an hour we met him again near restaurant on the way of the beach. He asked us again, ‘how was our holiday and everything was good?’ What a shame, he was kidding us or no cares us. He should be retired.
If you are going to a brand of Kempinski, hotel should be better managed. A few day there were no changes with our holiday. The Hotel was pretty and has everything what we wish. Not so many people. Silent and clean… Food was average but not bad.
P.S. giving tips to staff, this is more effective than talking with management. Do not waste your time.

Room Tip: 2. floor east side sea view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris R
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just returned from a 4 day stay with our young kids (11,9,5) . We had a wonderful time overall but this is my take .
The good :
very nice property , one of the best pools i've ever seen with a very convenient wet bar , very nice spa and gym . The staff is generally friendly and helpful . Great kids' pool well shaded with a slide . A number of outlets and lounges and for smokers an indoor smoking lounge/bar which has become a rare commodity.
The bad :
It is about an hour away from Antalya where most of the attractions are . we found that a real drag especially with 3 impatient kids . This limits the activities you can do if you get tired of being in the sun (some sun , best tan ) . Close by is Belek and Kadriye but frankly don't waste your time unless you are looking for fake designer purses and clothes .
Surprisingly the beaches in Antalya aren't nice , full of small pebbles with brownish sand and this hotel isn't excepted . The sea water is however very nice and cool .
We didn't realize it was an all inclusive resort till we got there and we don't like all inclusive at all . The food is a bit above average but the buffet gets boring especially in the evening . They have a couple of "a la carte restaurants" the one by the pool is quite nice . As for the other ones you have to book a day in advance - don't ask me why !
Unfortunately some of the guests aren't the type we see at 5* resorts especially the big fat guy who shamelessly decided to strip naked in front of everyone by the pool so get ready to be a bit surprised .
I strongly recommend to charter a boat - again another hour drive to the marina - for the day to see the waterfalls and swim by the island . Moonlight has a very nice crew - Fouad and his wife - who will bbq the tastiest grilled fish you will ever eat . Lovely couple .

Room Tip: the building i U shaped . Try to book a room in the two wings instead of the middle as you will get...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were there mid April 2013. Very nice hotel with beach and a huge swimming pool. Spa with indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and a beautiful Turkish bath. Nothing to say about the room that was well maintained. The 2 golf courses are quite nice and in excellent condition. The weak point is the dinning room, too dark and decorated in too many different styles. Fortunately, we can eat outside and that is very pleasant. Food could be improved but with the buffet you can always find something to your liking. The major problem for me is Argos jewelart. Being in a 5 star hotel, I did not expect to be deceived and robbed. Yet... There is a small jewelry shop in the hotel. The hotel shop attendant suggested to drive us to a bigger jewelry shop. And I fell in a very efficient tourist trap. The ring I bought lost a stone 2 weeks after my return. I discovered then that I has paid twice the market price. Everything on Argos Jewelart "certificate" is wrong ! Even the gold is of bad quality.. Kempinski is an international de luxe hotel chain. I don't understand why they are accomplices of organized tourist robbery. For me this is a breach of confidence. Pity, really.

Room Tip: See view and as high as possible :-)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mo R
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our tour group was was supposed to have stayed three nights at one of the local Ramadas, but there was a reservations kerfluffle, and we ended up at this Kempinski for two nights. All of us were extremely pleased, to put it mildly, with the shift to this very, very pretty and tranquil seaside property. The room my wife and I were given was spacious, altogether quiet and very clean, with a very sizable bathroom, and the food in the hotel's buffet restaurant was just plain excellent. If you like to bird, I suggest walking along the path between the hotel's golf course and the adjoining property's driving range--a pleasant stroll, and quite a birdy one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple