Kempinski Hotel The Dome
Kaya Belek(Belek)
Green Max(Kadriye)
IC Hotels Santai(Belek)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsturkeypiano bargolf coursehotel amenitieslong weekendquiet hotelamazing poolother guestsbreakfast and dinnerplay golfwell equipped gymsea viewperfect stayour room was spaciousstar serviceprivate poolfabulous hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I spent a week at The Dome in August.
The hotel decor is just fantastic - by far the greatest I have seen. The rooms are just as great as you will see them at the pictures from the hotel web site.
Cleaning was spotless. Bathroom was great with a thick cotton bathrobe and slippers.
I had reserved a superior room; however I did not notice that it only had a see "side" view. The front desk offered an upgrade by mail before I arrived - however not at a discounted price, so I declined.
The staff can best be described as very polite. However in their eager to be correct at all times they lose the personal touch and a bit of friendliness.
The breakfast is simply great. However the evening restaurant at "La Sale" is not that great. I tried it only once where they had an "international" theme. Nothing fantastic - rather ordinary. I had been told that the price was 40. Only later I realised that I should have asked "What currency?" since this was in Euro. Given that fact it is rather expensive for a Turkish restaurant. Actually I would expect a Turkish hotel to have all prices in Turkish Lira - so watch out for this.
All in all I would certainly recommend the hotel. However I will most likely not return as I found the distance from Antalya a bit too far to go for a meal. Kaydrie and Belek (the neighbouring small cities) do not offer much.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Kempinski_TheDome, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel The Dome, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Henrik ,

Thank you for your time, to give feedback from your last stay with us, on this Forum.

I sincerely thank you for your contructive feedback and appreciation of our services and facilities. I and my team are very pleased that we were able to create memorable experiences for you, during your stay.

I have taken note of the areas of improvement and once again, thank you for pointing them out to us. Rest assured, they have been addressed in the meantime.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Quite a good property with beach. Food is just nearing good. Hospitality was really good, particularly the GM Mr.Puneet Singh (even after one and half year after my stay i remember his name, not just çoz he's an indian....) was quite helpful to our team in totu.The month we went was Sept. and it was humid and hot. The remote location of the hotel is one disadvantage. The pool was quite awesome.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Kempinski_TheDome, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel The Dome, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Mr.Nambi,

Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
We were very happy to read your review, and are glad that we could contribute to making
your trip to the Kempinski Hotel The Dome a great experience.

Personalised service is of great importance to Kempinski, and we invest heavily into
training to ensure every guest feels special.
Thank you once again for your thoughtful feedback.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed (my husband and our 8 year old daughter) the first 2 weeks of July in this hotel in a suite with sea view, half board.
It was the first time that we were in a Kempinski hotel : therefore we can not compare with other hotel Kempinski in the world.
Our priority was to stay in a quiet place without noise day and night.

Positive :

Despite the unbearable heat (from 9 am it was already 30-34 ° ..... to happen in the day of peak 41 °), we discovered a green country, with the horizon of the mountains. The roads are very well maintained and motorists driving without aggressiveness. You must absolutely visit the beautiful waterfalls at Manavgat (1 hour drive from the hotel). Magnificent ancient sites of Aspendos and Side, well preserved under an hour from the hotel. Canyons (Selge) and also visit the old town of Antalya (half an hour). For families, dolphinland in Antalya.

The breakfast is very rich and varied with a huge selection of breads of all kinds, fruit, cheese and charcuterie. Buffet constantly stocked until the end of service.

For dinner, themed buffet every night. Every evening different cook is represented (italian, caribbean, turkish, asian etc). In all cases, every night there was a huge buffet of cold appetizers and grilled meat and fish. Good quality. Fresh food but not always tasty nonetheless.

Cleanliness. A pool staff frequently throughout the day cleans small bins beside each chair and pools outdoor showers. It constantly cleans the common areas. The rooms were clean.

Staff. We really appreciated their kindness, smiles and helpfulness. Once we complained about the attitude of a waiter at breakfast, the next morning and throughout the rest of our stay we were served by other than him.

Car rental at the hotel: Very good service. Competent, helpful. Included in the price with all the GPS saved locations you wish to visit for the day rental.

Pool: Huge. The architecture and layout of this pool was that even when the hotel is full there is always enough deck chairs (and the staff will find onefor you) and the pool never seems crowded.

Peace: it was our first requirement. When you know that in this country is justly renowned for its hotels "all included" with a multitude of water sports and all accompanied by a soundtrack indescribable, we enjoyed our HUGE selection Kempinski, wich is just known as a quiet place. Anyway ,the two hotels that line each side of the Kempinski give them, day and night, an overview and unwanted sharing their animations ... very loud).

At dinner, a very knowledgeable and pleasant pianist accompanied us during the meal with all possible discretion.
From 9 p.m. at the bar on the terrace above a group of musicians took over. The orchestra stopped playing at 11 p.m. (thankfully).

Negative :

The junior suites are not very spacious, but at least provide a separate bed for the child. The bathrooms were nice but ridiculously small ; there was only one sink while there was plenty the place to add one.

Rooms as well as suites or junior suites which give seafront unfortunately have several disadvantages: 1. From 6 p.m you can not open your windows because the smell of barbecue buffet facing the pool deck mounted in the rooms. 2. In our case, we were forced to return to our room around 10 p.m. to sleep our daughter ; it was very difficult for her to sleep and we watch television because the music of the orchestra bar resonates in our room. Luckily it ended at 11 p.m.

The beach:
Disappointment for a seaside holiday, gray sand, the sea water is cloudy. Not at all inviting. But this is all coastline same problem. For those who still want to access, the development of the range is designed with pavilions are available to rent at reception 1 day in advance and paid, with a bar service. There are also small umbrellas and sunbeds free. But the heat is even more suffocating on the sand that at the edge of the pool.

Since May the hotel is committed to include the formula all included for those who wish. This means that with a lot of alcohol ....... and inappropriate behavior especially in the late afternoon at the pool, make us think that we are in a very popular hotel.

Conclusion: we will return to Turkey in Kempinski, the only hotel in this area that guarantees you a minimum of tranquility. However, we already know that it is not in this region that we bath in the sea.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kafka2011

Dear Kafka ,

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here in September, my husband and I and our 1.5 year old son. We were immediately impressed with the exterior of the hotel, and on the inside the hotel is stylishly decorated (Fendi chairs in the lounge, thick rugs etc.) and comfortable. The only disappointment was the dining room Lale which looked out of style compared to the rest of the hotel. Our room was spacious and as for the entire hotel immaculately clean. The grounds around the hotel including the pool area were beautiful and well maintained. Again, everything was very clean throughout. Contrary to what I had read before on Tripadvisor, we did not have any issues with the staff and we found them generally very friendly and helpful when we asked for something (however they did not often spontaneously offer to assist etc.). In regard to the food we were quite staisfied as the choice was enormous and food was always fresh and tasty (we were all inclusive so we got to try it all). Mind you that although their all inclusive was not all inclusive as such, compared to some other hotels it was pretty complete.
Finally, we liked the live music at lale in the evening (piano).
Now the bad, unfortunately there always is. First of all we thought the beds were dreadfull. They were rock hard, in fact harder than a rock. Even my husband who likes a firm mattress was horrified. We couldn't stand it anymore so after two or more nights the staff had finally put in an extra softening layer of fabric on top which helped a bit but wasn't great (and too small for the size of the bed). So went we went home are backs ached! Equally uncomfortable were the pillows, and there was no choice of pillow which i would have expected in this hotel.
Also disappointing was the price of babysitting services which the hotyel offers. I read on Tripadvisor how child-friendly this hotel was, so I expected some service in this regard. Instead the hotel charges 20 euro per hour and per child for babysitting which is ridiculously high. And in the downstairs shop you can buy a small pack of pampers ... for 35 euro!! I do not call this child-friendly. I also did not get any information about the possibility of special meals or formula etc. so no idea what the hotel offers.
Overall we rate the hotel somewhere between good and very good.
I would recommend management to review their services towards families with young children. We had booked way in advance through a travel agent so the hotel must have known around which time we were due to arrive (noon). Our son was very tired from the journey so it would have been nice if our room had been ready when we arrived. Instead we had to wait almost two hours, whereas the hotel was practically empty. Not a very good start of the holiday. Moreover, the prices Kempinski charges for babysitting need to be reviewed, and Kempinski should inform families with young kids of facilities/services upfront. For example; we only got a changing pillow for the baby after 3 days when we were tired of changing diapers on the bed and asked for it. Why not inform people upon check-in that they can get baby tioletries, special meals etc. instead of leaving people to figure it all out themselves?
On a final note, we would have appreciated it if the hotel had informed us upfront of the wedding that was to take place in the hotel that week (including around 250 people).Although we were not much inconvenienced by the event, it did make us feel like the odd ones out as 80% of the people stayinbg in the hotel that week were part of the wedding party. It would have been nice to know upfront, as a courtesy to guests, .. and maybe we would have chosen to come another time.

Room Tip: If you are thinking of booking a room, I recommend that you book a room at the backside (golf view) of the hotel and further away from the lobby as closer to the lobby there is a generator of some sort which makes quite some noise. On the front (seaside) the view is probably better but in the evenings you will have more 'disturbance' from live music etc.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ine J
Kempinski_TheDome, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel The Dome, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Leuven,

On the onset, I would like thank you for taking the time to complete the survey, providing us invaluable feedback from your last stay in our hotel.

I deeply regret that you have had an less than memorable experience at our hotel.

I have taken note of your comments, which I regard as very serious and would be more than happy to discuss them with you in detail at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at 0242 710 1300 extension 5001.

I sincerely hope, that even though your last experience was less than exceptional, you will give us the another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed September 7, 2012

One only needs to walk a half mile on the beach in either direction to realize that The Dome is one of the nicer hotels on the strip around Belek. Here are my impressions after a four night stay in August of 2012.

The Positive:
The pool and property overall. It's huge and you will usually will find yourself with your own space in a huge section of the pool. You need to claim a lounge chair early as most people claim their spot before breakfast, leaving little available after 10am. The property in general is big with the hotel set back from the beach. There are wide open spaces everywhere so you never feel like you're crowded in a cattle call like some of the other all-inclusive type resorts.

For Families. They have a nice kids club, two kids pools (one with a small slide). A small bouncy house. Kids drinks are easy to come by -- shakes, juices, etc.

The spa. Just great. Lovely and new. Turkish bath, three saunas and a steam room. Most of it is complimentary. Locker room has everything. Funny thing is most people don't use it so it's nearly empty. Fitness room is ok.

The Ultra All-Inclusive. A great deal if you're up for a boozing vacation. There are several places to get free alcohol and most of it is included -- even the mini-bar in the rooms. A few things are not included but for the most part you can drink to your heart's content and drink high quality stuff. The food is average (more on that later) but abundant.

The Average:
The food. If you do the all-inclusive it's a pretty typical buffet situation. They do have a la carte restaurants but they're really not restaurants, just themed places from the same kitchen open a couple of days a week each. The breakfast buffet does have a great selection of baked goods and fresh carrot and orange juice good. Some decent salads at lunch. The do loosely themed nights at the buffet but it's hard to tell the difference between "Mediterranean" and "Caribbean" night. "barbeque" night left a bit to be desired and did "Tex-Mex". Unfortunately, they don't do typical Turkish food as a matter of course at the buffet. You have to wait for "Turkish" night and we missed it. Service at the buffet is hit or miss. One option is to eat the all-inclusive snacks in the main bar instead of the buffet. They have burgers, sandwiches, and salads. Some of it decent some of it not so good but it's nice that they offer it.

The rooms. A sea-view room is a must but even then the rooms are just ok, nothing special. The wireless is free but it's spotty and annoyingly you keep needing to log-in, multiple times a day.

The service overall. I was disappointed that we couldn't arrange a side trip to Perge or Myrna. They only have one third party operator and if they don't want to go you don't go. For whatever reason there were no trips available on a Saturday. Anyway, we decided to take an evening in Antalya which was great. But the resort has a flimsy relationship with the taxis for a round trip -- you never know for sure what to pay. Also, our driver was in cahoots with a jewelry store where he dropped us off and picked us up. It was nice to have a meeting spot but they kept us waiting in the jewelry store for 30 minutes before the driver showed up. Clearly a scam and not surprising in Turkey (they were nice at the store but still felt pressure to buy) but that shouldn't happen though a company like Kempinski. Some of the reception people were great and helpful while others were not so great or nice. Small things like housekeeping not replacing glasses in the room, no facial tissues in the room, housekeeping taking change off the desk (Hello? People usually tip at the end of the trip). These were small but again the shouldn't happen at Kempinski. But generally speaking the servers and staff were nice and professional and willing to help. Just not exceptional overall like other Kempinski properties -- some rough patches.

The Beach. Like all other resorts on the strip, The Dome has its own little slice of beach. The good thing is it's far less crowded than other resorts but it's still just ok with plastic lounge chairs and very little to offer in terms of activities. Beverage service at the beach was decent.

The Negative:
Sterility. The lobby is huge but it's a ghost town. Nothing happening. Some of it was just dark and shut down. The furnishings are ok but boring. I want to feel like I'm in Turkey. Too many neutral colors. Plus the Muzak in the lobby and lobby bar MUST GO. It gives it a really sterile feel.

Overall, we enjoyed our four nights at The Dome. It was relaxing and we didn't have any real problems with anybody. I felt that it was a decent value for the all-inclusive, not a great value but I didn't feel ripped -off. I think any more than five or six nights would be too many. I would have gotten bored with the property and the food. Had they offered more accessible side trips (Perge is quite close) or an easier way to get to and from Antalya, it would make staying there longer more enjoyable. As others have said, it's not quite up to snuff with what you expect from Kempinski but my complaints are not significant enough not to recommend it.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family