“We still love it!!”

Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Belek
Leigh, United Kingdom
“We still love it!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is an excellent hotel that is only let down by the bad manners of some guests of various nationalities of which the hotel has little control, however, they do sort out issues if the occur!!!
E.g. the man with the tattooed chest was denied access into the main restaurant although he did try his best!!! How can the hotel be held responsible for his bad manners?

The staff in all areas/departments both inside and out are some of the friendliest people you would wish to meet and help make your holiday special, they are trustworthy, hardworking and a credit to both themselves and to the management.

The chefs do an amazing job with the catering and are to be praised for the wide variety of dishes and desserts presented each night to the highest standard.....remember to take some roomy clothes for the end of the holiday!! (Thanks also for the Krem Santi)

Everything is excellent both inside and outside being comfortable and meticulous clean, gardens and pool areas also.

Finally, not everyone likes the same things, but we love the RIU Kaya Belek, so much so we have already booked to return early next year ...............thanks to all who helped make our holiday special, especially Mert (Matt - Deputy Manager), Rida (Guest relations), Raziye (Reception), Mustafa Kirca (Restaurant), Ali G (Bar Manager) and Semra (housekeeping) plus many more too numerous to mention.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Jacken49

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was my 6th time in Turkey for a summer getaway and it was not our favorable one… Upon arrival to the hotel foe I realized that things might be different from my expectations. Front desk clerks, can’t call them customer service, were not only rude without smiles and welcoming attitude but hardly spoke any English. We were literally told to buzz off and go eat, room is not ready. Upon arrival to the canteen, in no way did it seem a restaurant – we observed a large room full of tables with dirty dishes, outside deck was full of homeless cats that bother everybody for food, there was no food left on the trays for self service. We had coffee and plain bread for lunch. That was the welcoming experience of an all-inclusive 5* hotel. Don’t get me wrong, I know what standards 5* hotel must follow, not only in US and Europe but in Turkey as well, I’ve been here before, remember?

We were provided with room on the fifth floor that was extremely hot since their AC doesn’t work well on the said floor, perhaps it’s because the roof of the building was not build properly. The walkways to the room on the fifth floor literally feel like steam room! We’ve called, and asked, and spoke with manager, and customer service rep, but were told “We are at ‘stop’ capacity at this time”. After three ways our agony and heat stroke, we were moved to a different room overlooking the pool area. The room was better, but with old and tired carpet, stains on the chairs, and overall feeling on a 2.5* hostel.

During very specific time, at the very beginning of lunch and dinner (you have to hurry to get your spot and score some food) food overall was very mediocre, same dishes over and over. During early breakfast there was no staff on the floor what’s so ever. Don’t forget that you have to choose your dinner time upon check-in 6-8:30 of 9-11:30, how ridiculous is that?

Animation team was fun with different programs and day activities all throughout the hotel. Housekeeping is very polite and thorough, we tipped well. Talking about tips – I’ve tipped on every drink we ordered, bar men appreciated that.

Internet is present but “dialup” slow, room phone costs at $1 a minute for local calls. Mini bar for a 5* hotel has water and two kinds of juices; young and untrained staff that refills mini bar comes in to the room immediately after one knock!
Beech is not organized well, shade poles are very odd (you have to move around to keep with the shade), if you don’t come in by 9am – you are out of luck with the spot. Water was clean and good; entrance to the sea is smooth even for kids.

I’m very surprised and questioning reviews with 1 review history about this “marvelous” hotel! Save your time, money and energy – a lot of more pleasant properties around in the area. It was my mistake of not doing the homework on this one.

Room Tip: At the gate, every 30 minutes you can take a bus for $1/person to the Belek. Tuesdays they have farm...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank boonen09
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We booked this hotel having stayed at a Riu before in other countries.
While the actual hotel was nice, i would describe it as a 3*+ and not more..
The hotel is aimed at Germans and Russians. in the week we stayed there the hotel was full and they put on entertainment for guests, unfortunately it was only translated into Russian and German only, yhat was fun especialy the comedy night!!
The staff were very eager to please customers that they could converse with, but they did not speak English, so again we were not catered for, infact a couple of them were just plain rude.
Tha main reason i will never go back to this hotel is because they think it is acceptable to let guests walk through main reception and the restuarant displaying a solid black 10inch Swastika tatooed on his chest. when i complained that this was offensive they just didn't seem to understand what my problem was.
The food offered at this hotel was the same every day. chips, burgers, chicken in tomatoe sauce, chicken in bread crumbs and just plain old dried up chicken! deserts were interesting, they were all very pretty to look at, but nothing was marked up, it all had different food colorings and were sprinkled with different nuts, this was great if you don't have a nut allergy! We did book the alacarte and explained that i had a nut allergy and my daughter had a fish allergy. on arrival i was faced with a plate of different cheeses nicely decotarated with walnuts!! we were then presented with a dish containing prawns!! . We decided to book there BBQ night, when we got there the table was already laid up with a selection of starters, made all the more special with all the bugs crawling around in it. We stayed late at the beach the next day, and noticed that at 6.15 they were putting the same selection on the table ready for the guests booked in that night for a bbq at 7.30. none of the food was covered, so the bugs had a good 1 1/4 to move in!!
On a good note the pool is kept beautiful, and its private beach is fantastic (if you can find a bed that has not been saved ). and i did loose some weight.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank michelleh1235
Seascale, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We came here last year and it is still a fantastic hotel. Due to a delay, the outward flight was an hour late, we arrived at 0045 hrs very dry and hot but no welcome drink this time ?? We were given a very nice room with full sea view. The fridge was hot and the air-conditioning was also hot.As we were very tired we turned in , the next day we attended the welcome brief with the first choice rep, after her sales pitch she said if there were any problems she would get them attended to straight away, we told her about the fridge and the air-con and went about our day, about 4pm i went to the room and it was just the same.I was approaching the receiption when i saw Rida he remembered us from last year and made us very welcome ,i told Rida about the problems and he made one phone call and within a half an hour it was all fixed . we had a new fridge and perfect air-con . Rida is just like a big brother constantly watching over everyone he speaks 7 languages and making sure we are all happy
we booked some of the al-la carte resturants and the food was fantastic, unfortunately one group had around 4 children between 6 and 8 years and after a short time the little ones were running all over the place ,it just spoilt an otherwise romantic evening. We have two grown up children and they were always very well behaved but we would not dream of taking them to a dinner like that
The entertainment crew were very fit and very good dancers and also good actors and were on hand to entertain most of the people. Mustafa in the main resturant is very good and has the patence of a saint ,considering the amount of very ignorant people he has to deal with on a day to day basis. If you treat the resturant staff with the respect they rightly deserve they will look after you,We came across some very nice people German,Dutch and Russian and they all spoke some english which made us feel a little bit humbled . This hotel won Trip Advisor 2012 award and it is well deserved. We booked the Turkish bath (Haman) and a few massages and it takes ten years off you also fantastic .We will be back next year. Rida we are missing you already !!

Room Tip: try and go for a pool view as they all face the sea as well
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank maryflower251
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I arrived back from the Riu Kaya on 2nd Oct. I travelled with my husband, little boy (just under 3 yrs) and four other adults and two other children (5yrs old) from our family.
This is a fantastic hotel for family holidays, balanced carefully to cater for both adults and children. The adult pools are breathtaking and fun to hang out round, with music, bar and entertainment throughout the day and we loved the fact that the kids/slide pools are separate, quieter and safe; with a lifeguard always on duty. The park is located right next to the kids, so you can keep an eye on it from your sunbed! There are kids size toilets (which is handy if like me, you are potty training a toddler!) and between 12-1pm every day a kids snack bar opens right next to the kids pool, which serves fun food, suitable for kids. My little boy loved it!

The hotel is really beautiful, very comfortable and kept incredibly clean at all times. I was astonished at how they managed to keep the beach bar/poolside toilets looking so immaculate!
The beach is also immaculate; the sea warm & clear and the plenty of sunbeds to be had. I was impressed by the fact that the hotel had situated several large play sandpits along the beach, which were fully shaded by a canopy and stocked with buckets & spades, so kids could play safely in the shade and we didnt have to go buy buckets & spades!

The hotel is sadly let down by the kids club which certainly does not seem to cater for British children, being largely focussed for the Russian children, which was a shame as the two older children we had with us were very keen to attend, but ended up going only once!

Having travelled to several four & five star hotels, I would say the drinks range is four star, but the food is five star. There was a good range of drinks available, but champagne etc was not inclusive and the room mini bars were only stocked with soft drinks; and not many of those! The food on the other hand was beautiful and competed easily with the quality & variety of food I have experiences in five star hotels. The buffet restaurant offered a huge variety of options every night and we never got bored or had to eat the same thing twice. I would recommend that the A La Carte restaurants aren't really suitable for younger children. We ate as a group in the Asian restaurant and thought the food was beautiful, there was no option for kids and though wine was served, the children never received a drink despite us asking twice. My husband and I ate in the Italian and in the Ottomon restuarants as a couple and the food was tremendous and the wine a nicer quality than that served in the bars.

Our bedroom was a great size, very clean, maid service everyday. It overlooked the tennis courts which was nice and there was a sea view to the right. The rooms are carpeted which was a lovely, luxurious touch and meant my toddler could run around freely without the risk of slipping over on hard floors.

The reception service wasnt amazing, but Customer Services Manager, Rida more than made up for any lack. He was on hand day and night to help out and not one day went by when he didnt come directly up to us to check that all was okay and we were enjoying ourselves. On one occasion I lost my sons sandals on the beach. Next day I went to reception to ask if they had been handed in and was told not. Then we spoke to Rida, who was straight on his phone to beach staff and by the time I arrived back in my room that evening, the shoes had been returned without fuss to our room. I was very impressed and very grateful!

One member of our group has limited mobility and the hotel easily accomodated our needs. Most areas are relatively flat, the beach is complete with wooden pathways and the there are plenty of ramps and lifts etc. Also the floor surfaces throughout the hotel are clean and smooth and flat, which is good for people with limited mobility, but also just great for anyone - you can walk from the beach through the grounds, into the hotel in barefoot, perfectly comfortably.

I would not say this is a suitable hotel for young couples, looking for big nights out; the night life in the hotel is fairly tame, everything closing around 12pm. There is a night club which is supposed to be open until 2am, but there is hardly anyone in it and the one night I went it closed at 1am as there was no one in there except our group of four! :-S There is a small town near by which is nice for a look about but not really much night lide going on there either.

Sadly, as other reviews have noted, the hotel does seem to attract some very rude guests, who appear to have no manners and no courtesy - I was disgusted at what little respect many guests showed to the staff who work incredibly hard to ensure everyone had a good time and equally as little respect for anyone else staying in the hotel; I was pushed and shoved out of the way on plenty of occasions! I think most British tourists would be suprised by this - I certainly have never seen anything like it. But if you can put up with some sour gueats, this is definitely a wonderful hotel, which I would rate as excellent in most aspects. I would certainly return. Big thanks to Rida and his excellent team for ensuring we had a really fantastic holiday :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rebecca B
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We returned yesterday after having a fantastic two week holiday.
All the staff were professional, friendly and the food was very good.
The entertainment was exceptionally good and some of the shows were the best we have seen.
The best entertainment though was the grey and white kitten who lives in the flowerbeds near the pool, she kept all the children and adults entertained each day.
I agree with some reviews stating that the accomodation requires some modernisation but I was very dissapointed to hear that the hotel was being rebuilt completely as it would lose a great deal of its character and charm.
Please do not be put off by previous negative reviews and judge for yourself

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Danny D
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

This was our second visit this year. The weather in September was amazing. There was a lot more Brits here this time . Which was great. And met some lovely people . I have to say for us the leave of service was very good. And my 3 year old had the time of his life the staff where truly amazing to him. Rida was as helpful as ever and sorted all our needs. The rep is a waste of time at this hotel if you have any issues Rida will sort it out. Spotless hotel with something to eat for everyone .the Russians are rude but that's just them. As a family with young children I'd recommend this hotel every time .

• Stayed September 2012