I'll try to offer an organised, in depth review, as we perceived it in august 2014.
LOCATION: 35km from Antalya airport - transfer will last 30-45 minutes, depending on other persons' hotel location (we had a pickup shuttle bus service from the travel agency). It's practically on the beach, first row, very good
CHECKIN: very fast and helpful. Our luggage were taken directly to our room, we were asked if we'd like something to drink etc
ROOMS: we stayed in block 1, 3rd floor. Room was quite large, huge bathroom, a small balcony with 2 chairs and a table, nice view of the sea over the trees, not 180°, but partial view. Room had one large bed and another one smaller (we didn't use it and didn't understand why was there). Flat screen TV, minifridge restocked every day (2 beers, 2 water bottles, some juices), bathrobes, slippers, seif, tea or coffee, overall everything you need
BEACH: quite small and crowded, many sunbeds almost glued to each other covered by some plastic tilts for shade. There are almost no seashells, but stones, small and big ones, as the sand is not natural, it is brought from Egypt (so we were told). The entrance in the water is difficult, with these rocks on the bottom, and you literally make 3-5 steps and that's it - it is 1,5-1,6m deep, so ... if you don;t know to swim, you have 3 metres available. For the swimmers though, they have build a kind of plastic artificial island at around 25 metres from shore - you can swim, climb it, take a tan there and swim back.The water is not so clean at some times...we didn't notice someone to do something regarding that matter...
POOLS: There are 2 pools: one in the front of the hotel - main activity pool and one in the back - cooler and more suitable for swimming. The main front pool's water temperature was so high that almost you cannot cool youself in it! The other pool was our favourite for cooling (btw, the temperature in august could peak 50° and above - we fortunately had a max of 41°). Anyway, the pools are very clean and well maintained. There are also 2 water slides available for your fun, but only 1h30 in the morning and 1h30' in the afternoon. There is also a small pool for little kids, that is covered (it's outside, but in shade). The toilets in pools area are very clean and well maintained. Although there are signs that say "please do not reserve, there are enough sunbeds", at 8.00 am the best seats are already covered with towels...so, if you wish a good spot - RESERVE it!The main pool is 1.42m deep and the other one is 1,40m
RESTAURANTS: the main restaurant is quite big, many tables inside and many outside on the terrace. Although, it could be difficult at peak times to find a table inside at noon or outside in the evening. There are also 4 a la carte restaurants - included in all inclusive package . You have to make a reservation by calling a special internal number from your room, ONLY between 10,00-12,00am! we found it very inconvenient, as we should come back from the beach to our room to do so. We ate at 2 a-la-carte restaurants: the turkish traditional and Turqoise Elite, where we found good quality food and good service. There are "theme" culinary evenings - our favourite was Seafood night and Gala night (lot of vegetables, seafood, sushi, specialities).
THE FOOD Iis good quality overall, it amazes you in the first day, but then it becomes a little repetitive. Anyway, the sweets are amazing!
PEOPLE/TOURISTS - over 80% russians, and also french, english, turkish, romanians, other. Many overweight people, many families with kids, but we weren't annoyed or disturbed by anyone
ANIMATION TEAM/SHOWS - they usually do their job, but you can sense the "I have to do this, it's a job" feeling on their faces sometimes. If you do not participate at the activities, there is a big chance they do not notice you at all... until we participate at some rifle shooting and darts in our 5th day, we were barely greeted by them...the night shows at the amphiteater were mixed - the ones made by the animation team were uninspired and boring, the ones made by professional dancers or entertainers - were ok. Best show in our opinion - Hurrem Sultan (in the only night with a storm!!). The shows are supposed to begin at 21.15 (before that they have Papy Kids - a kind of show with the kids - the same songs over and over every day), but they usually begin at 21,30 and last around 45 minutes. Usually if you come around 21,00 you will probably find a free table to sit. Ask for a free bowl of nuts!:) Every night they make a kind of ceremony with all the winners of the daily activities (rifle, darts, pool game, boccia, football, etc).
FOR CHILDREN: it seems that children were happy with their activities at Papy Kids Club! After 3-4 days, you'll find yourself shouting along with the kids:"Papy Club, Papy Club, hey-hey-hey!!" :))
Ok, now PROS and CONS:
-- room and bathroom size (and amenities) and room sound isolation from adiacent rooms
-- food and drinks quality (mainly the seafoos and sweets),
-- pools and toilets cleanliness
-- WIFI in all areas, including beach. Good connection overall, except the amphiteater in the evening..
-- Cats hotel - nice initiative - there is a small "cats hotel"build somewhere sideways in the right near the waterslide,
-- The turkish traditional "guzleme" pancake (only between 12,00-16,00) - best paired with ayran!
-- piano player in the lobby (some evenings only)
CONS: eeeeh, there are several....
- - I'd begin with the flies and the sparrows - do not laugh - they have a big problem that seems small at the beginning but in time you'll realize that is not. Inside the main restaurant there are a lot of flies that obviously sit everywhere, including displayed food - not a strong point here....The sparrows are very intrusive also - they fly and eat imediately from your plate outside AND inside the restaurant - we noticed that they evolved so much that they fly straight INTO the door sensor just to open the door!!!! So, do not leave plates unattended, especially with pastry or bread - they will come and peck from it! The sparrows also sit and s**t on the chairs - so you will probably notice "the remains" on the inside of the chairs, where you rest your back...another not so good point here
- - The noise in the night - you cannot leave your balcony door opened until 1-2am because you'll here loud the noise from different discos in the resorts...TIP: bring your earplugs!
-- Also, in the evening, the smell of outside barbeques will come up in your room....
- - In the main restaurants' terrace, early in the morning, there are no waiters!! We stayed for 40 minutes before 8.00am - NO ONE! We had to take water and other stuff for ourselves - unacceptable for 5* deluxe hotel! Also, the restaurant stuff looked very bored, not a single smile on their faces, often forgot what we asked for ...you'd expect more for a top-class hotel
- - THE DJ - We are young, we like to dance and to party, but the DJ is club-only oriented. The same 128bpm all night...seriously?? and same sets....same beat...at ALL times when he was mixing - no matter it was foam party in the day or champagne night - he knows 1 thing and this is it!! We couldn;t hear ONE ENTIRE SONG - just club mixing, too tz too zt too tz...the result - 10 persons on the ring after half an hour --- anyway, he doesn;t care - he continues the same manner until the end...not a smart choice for families, older people and even young ones
- - the "live" bands on the restaurants' terrace in the evening - bad, bad, bad....dressed like they just arrived from the market,voices often slightly out of tune, they do no know the songs very well...complete disappointment
- -high class all inclusive - only efes beer ....seriously? that is your idea of high class all inclusive? and only 1 or 2 types of whisky, several cocktails - if you want anything special, you have to pay!
- - room cleaning - quite bad scheduling - they skipped a day in our 7 nights stay, and in another day they came late in the evening and just changed the towels and took away the garbage. Maybe we were not so lucky, but they were at our door either in the morning when we prepared to go to the beach, or in the afternoon when we returned for shower/sleep...and they skipped us..:))
So, overall, we give Papillon Zeugma 3,5 out of 5 stars. Maybe after this autumn' big restauration, the next year will be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Papillon Zeugma Relaxury has fully renovated and refurbished. Comfort and luxury is united and created the new concept of the hotel 'Relaxury'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Papillon Zeugma Relaxury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Papillon Zeugma Belek
- Papillon Zeugma Hotel Belek
- Papillon Zeugma Relaxury Belek, Turkey - Antalya Province