“Great hotel, loved it!”

Ranked #42 of 87 Hotels in Belek
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, loved it!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My family and I stayed for 10 night at the end of September, Pools are fresh, clear, clean water as is the water park.The hotel and ground are immaculate. Stay in the hotel if possible not the bungalows, rooms are cleaned every day. Food is great always lots of choice even for the kids, ice creams 10am-5pm every day. Evening entertainment was great most nights. The beach is clean the sea is warm. You will have a good holiday if you have kids of any age. Down sides are not much elce to do out side of the resort, Russians guests are mega rude and if the hotel is hosting a large conferance as they do you will notice a differance in service, food and entertainment that day. Belek itself is worth a visit once and once only - fake good everywhere some better that others so shop around, that said once you have been down one street you have seen all their is to see. Very much did enjoy this holiday as did the other family we traveled with but would not go back again as nothing to do outside the complex.

Room Tip: Stay in the holel not bungalows, if you have kids pay the extra for two bedrooms.
3 Thank juliansaul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed in maritim the first week in oct,we had a really good time! We had booked in for the bungalows but when we arrived there the man upgraded us to the hotel, which later we were glad of because it was quite a walk from the bungalows to the main building! Although there was a little bus ( golf buggy) that picked you up,every few mins! The whole resort was very clean and well looked after,the staff were cleaning all day long,any spillages were cleaned up straight away! Our room was cleaned everyday and mini bar refreshed daily too!
We found the food excellent and sooooo much choice ! We always found a table and found the service brilliant and so friendly!
The entertainment was good, my 7 year old loved it! But I'm not sure it was enough, although we were thinking the season was coming to an end and we think they were rapping it up! But what we saw was very good! Probably more would be going on earlier in the year!
Weather was great, we all came back with a lovely tan, but we did have some thunder storms, but they were through the night so it didn't bother us, but I'd bare it in mind when goin to turkey in oct,the weather can be a little rainy!
All in all we had a smashing week, just what the doctor ordered! We would defiantly go again! Thank you maritim!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gail A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

After we checked in on 26/10/2012 @ 01:20 we found out that the AC in our room was not working. We gave the AC a good 30 minutes to cool the room before lodging a complaint to the Reception. I was informed that someone would come to our room to have a look at the AC. After waiting for approximately 30 minutes no one turned up and I made a trip down to the reception. I was then told that according to the system our room AC is working fine. After insisting that it isn’t I was assured that someone would be up in 2-5 minutes to have a look at it. Again after 20 odd minutes no one turned up. I placed a call to reception only to be told that the technical service people have gone home. I was also advised that I should sleep with the balcony door open since its nice and cool outside. This was outrageous. I asked for a room change. The reception staff told me that someone would come up with a room key for a different room and then we can move in there. After about 5 minutes I received a call from Reception informing me that none of the rooms are available and that the hotel is fully booked. I found this hard to believe and asked to speak to the Night manager. I was told that the manager has gone home as well and that there is no one I can speak to. We decided to sleep with the balcony door open. I also asked the reception staff to send an email to the manager explaining him what has happened.
The following morning we made a trip down to reception hoping to speak to the manager. On reaching the reception I found out that the staff at night did not put any comments on my room to say what had transpired during the night. I had to explain the whole process again. This time I spoke to the Shift leader (Aaron) and he sent the technical service guys to the room. All they did was check the controls and made sure I hadn’t made a mistake in the settings. At this point they also informed me that the AC only works from 13:00 to 01:00 and that the rest of the time the AC is switched off centrally. So according to them the room AC was OK. Going back to reception we were told to see how everything goes for the day and if there is no change to go and inform them in the evening. We went for lunch and then stayed by the pool for the remainder of the day. On returning to the room in evening we were hoping that the room is nice and cool since the AC must’ve come on at 13:00 hrs. Sadly this was not the case. I again went to the reception but was told that everyone has gone home. This is when we called First choice in the UK and spoke t Louise who informed Marion (First Choice Rep in the hotel) of our circumstances.
We went to meet her the next day and she got our room changed promptly. The AC was much better in the new room.
Before we set off on our travel I had informed First Choice that we are celebrating our Wedding Anniversary and were hoping for a nice surprise when we reached the Hotel. There was nothing planned. The shift leader assured us that something would be sent up to our room when we were discussing about the AC. This never happened. Moreover, he denied telling us anything when we were checking out.
For the period of the holiday, we were also disappointed on the food that was served during Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. It was very repetitive and only comprised of Calf’s meat 99% of the time. My wife is a vegetarian and she found it very difficult to eat anything since there was not much choice for her. She survived for 10 days mostly on French Fries. The quality of the food was also not up to a 5 star hotel standard. The staff could barely speak any English and could not understand when I asked them for sliced bread (Which was present at breakfast every day). There was absolutely no variety in food and it was the same boring thing every day.
We had stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula in Sharm-el-Sheikh last year and it was certainly one of the best holidays that we had. The hotel staff and services were excellent. It was this experience that led us to book Maritim again. Sadly this time it was the worst holiday that we could have. My 2 ½ year old daughter only ate fries for lunch and had to have milk for dinner as she does not like non-vegetarian.
We have left a letter of complaint at the reception of the hotel for the Manager but I don’t think I’ll ever be getting any response from them.

Room Tip: The AC in the hotel only works from 13:00 to 01:00 hrs. So when you wake up the room will be very ho...
2 Thank Vikram M
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

To my mind, the hotel is VERY large and there are too many people for the staff to be able to serve everyone in a proper way. It was also crowdly during the dinner time - too many people and crowds for meat and fish dishes. Also there was crowd at the aqua-park. Not sure I am goimg to visit it again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Анна В
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Myself (28) and fiancée(29) spent the last week in September here it was very nice and relaxing! We staying in one of the bungalow rooms right mext to the relax pool. The room was very clean and serviced and free mini bar filled up everyday. We were a 5 minute walk from the main area but if u Dnt fancy the walk there is a extended golf buggy that drives round a picks people up. This place is perfect for couples large groups and kids there was plenty of variety wih everything food, drinks and swimming pools. I read through all the reviews before going but at the end of the day it is what u make it there are a lot of Russians there but they didn't bother us. A tip for getting better service would be to tip the bar staff and restraunt staff with a couple of lira or euros at the beggining of the night and they will be at your service if u ask for a glass of wine you'll get the bottle. The pools are very clean and checked every day and no matter what time we went to the pools we got a sun lounger not sure if it was the time of the year or if it was the variety of 4 pools and the beach. The toilets are always clean and not matter where u are there is always a toilet 20 yards from you. The Italian and Turkish restraunt Where nothing to write home about but it was nice for a little change to be waiting on rather thAn being in the buffet restraunt. There was always plenty of sun loungers.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Broxi_chick2
Reviewed October 3, 2012

A lovely hotel, helpful staff, extremely clean and in a good location! We had a great holiday and there is something for everyone. You are right on the beach and only a tractor ride away (it's fun try it) away from the town. My two boys (11 and 9) and I went rafting which was excellent, a must do!! Book your trips with the travel agent in Belek as its better value!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Cl21
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just come back from two weeks at this hotel and unfortunately, after visiting other hotels in Belek in the past, I would not recommend this to anyone.

Before I go into why, I will say that the hotel does have some very redeeming features: great location & beach; good facilities & beautiful gardens; lots of food & drink choices; free-flowing drinks; very friendly and attentive staff.

However, there were some aspects that the hotel need to address if they want happy guests…

While we were staying there, the noise levels during the night meant that we didn’t get much sleep. This was down to (in part) to night deliveries of foodstuffs to the kitchens, but mainly the hundreds of Russian guests that kept coming on group holidays - I can only assume they were Russia’s equivalent to Club 18-30 (rowdy groups, excessive drinking, waking guests up in the early hours coming back to rooms drunk, singing and shouting, slamming doors etc, which the hotel could not manage no matter how many times we complained). I have actually come back feeling more tired than when I left!

I’m not one for stereotypes, but some of the previous comments about Russians being loud and pushing in / rudeness are spot on!

The animation team were poor and lazy. Compared to similar all-inclusive’s I have been to in Turkey, the team here really don’t have a clue and hardly speak any English. Some of the night shows (the professional external dancers) were good – the Kenya night was amazing - but the nights the animation team did the shows, was a joke … the Michael Jackson tribute night in particular stands out and would have had the late star turning in his grave. Many nights we caught other guests walking along the beach to neighbouring hotels and sneaking in to watch their shows!

The fireworks displays were amazing, alas, there were at neighbouring hotels too!

Perhaps if you are a heavy sleeper and not too fussed about daytime and evening entertainment, then this hotel could be good for you…The entertainment I can accept being poor, but the lack of sleep I cannot!

if anyone from the hotel chain is reading this, make a few changes and you might be an 'OK' place to visit: be able to control the noisy groups; employ a serious animation team that puts some effort in and engaged guests.

For the same price there are much better hotels in the Belek area you can choose from – especially if you intend to sleep on your holiday!

Room Tip: My tip, find a different hotel!
3 Thank Ed L