“very much 5 star” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 88 Hotels in Belek
London, United Kingdom
“very much 5 star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a good hotel but there is no air-condition from October till ....
Assistance manager was not helpful. Overall good choice. The generator noise is very bad could not sleep all 7 nights should not take a room on first, second third floor and room 1145 till 1165

Room Tip: mos thighest floor have less noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KT0007
RixosPremium, Manager at Rixos Premium Belek, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Our Guest;
Thank you for taking your time to write on Tripadvisor concerning your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to learn that we were able to make your stay memorable by providing you the positive experience we endeavor to give to all our valued guests. Only as an additional details and clarify some doubts allow us to add that when you contact with our Guest Relation team,when you have a problem , they are always attempt to assist you quickly and efficiently with any reguest you may have during your stay. If we do not hear comments from guests, be them positive or negative, we miss out on how we can better serve our customers
We do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to Rixos Premium Belek.
Rixos Premium Belek
Yasemin IŞIK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Jurmala, Latvia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Why did we go to Rixos this autumn?
Because we have been going to Calista hotel for 4 years. But last time they made a mistake by not giving us connected rooms (which we have rented always in previous trips). We decided to try something else and our friends persuaded us that in Rixos everything is bigger and better...
Yes, it is bigger. But certainly not better. We will return to Calista because Rixos did not deliver on a number of promises.
They position themselves as 7 stars (5+2). But in reality it wasn't even 5 stars.
Rooms are not perfect. They are old. Telephone next to bed was broken. Wardrobe shelves are very small. There is no iron/ board in the room. Fan in the toilet is making noises.
AC was turned off in the main building of the hotel.
WiFi is a disaster. You can choose a free access, but it is unbearably slow. Or you pay 60 euro for a week.
Food was average. If to compare main restaurants in Rixos and Calista, the latter is definitely better. Better desert, better service, etc.
The best restaurant in Rixos was grill restaurant Mangal, where we went a number of time for lunch.
Overall service of staff was average. Animation guys in charge of sports were not happy that we wanted to use beach volley courts for 3 hours every day. And the court as such was not as good as promised. Although we specifically informed the hotel prior to coming that trainings on the beach is key for us.
Tennis facilities were OK. SPA was nice, but the prices are high.
We had impression that Lounge bar staff were replacing "real" waiters because of "low season" - they knew a little about their own offering and wines.
Aquapark was open on the 1st day. Then it closed. Sadly...
"End of season" -for hotel. But for guests it is the vacation. Luckily the sea was still +24.
We enjoyed our week in Turkey because of weather, not because of hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Brazilija
RixosPremium, Manager at Rixos Premium Belek, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Our Guest;
We would like to thank you for writing a review about your experience about Rixos Premium Belek and for choosing our hotel for your holiday.
On the behalf of Our Hotel Management, we want to say our unhapiness for the inconveniences that you might have encountered. Only as an additional details and clarify some doubts allow us to add that our laundry servis is at your service 24 hours and iron service is not allowed for your safety. And we would like to inform you that we have a renovation this year. We are sorry to have heard that you had problems only after you left the hotel. We hoped that you would have informed us while you were staying at the hotel so that we could have helped you. If we do not hear comments from guests, be them positive or negative, we miss out on how we can better serve our customers. I am sorry your visit with us was not what you expected. Our goal is to provide a fun, memorable experience to our guests.

Kind Regards
Yasemin IŞIK yasemin.isik@rixos.com
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the best hotel in Turkey. Close to Belek.
Most delicious food ! But the rooms are old!
Activities and show are interesting. Spa and turkish bath are very nice.
Most interesting for me was Miss Rixos. And the price was very good ;-) :-) :-)!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Virjinia D
RixosPremium, Manager at Rixos Premium Belek, responded to this review, November 12, 2012

Vilnius, Lithuania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent there two weeks of my honeymoon. It was wonderful time. I like this hotel very much. There are many activities, animation team is perfect. Especially we like yoga and gymnastics. Don't forget to visit evening entertainment programs at amphitheater!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Irena O
Alba iulia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was at this hotel a few years ago with my family in August. The weather was extremely hot and the humidity was also high. Except the weather the hotel was great. They have a lot of food, the rooms are big and very nice designed and also you can find some stores with nice things.
The stuff was kind and careful. If you go with kids you also can visit the Troy Aqua Park which is connected with the hotel, there you can have lot of fun!
I also remember that I wrote something bad in their questionnaires about the beach towels and they wrote me a personal e-mail apologizing, thing which I consider great because I knew they received and read my thoughts.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Theodora P

Budapest, Hungary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I would like to tell you our experiences about Rixos Premium Belek which was not the best at all.

1. They are writing and advertising everywhere, that this hotel is a special "family friendly" hotel with ALL that children need, that is why we have chosen this hotel!
We were staying in room 1428 with a 23 month old baby. Generally, like other babies, she sleeps every afternoon. I can't understand, why they are making every afternoon during the whole week noisy reconstruction works next to the guest rooms from 1 PM to 4 PM. / moving away the grass from the central roof of the reception, grinding on the roof, cutting the bushes, cutting the grass etc./ why could not you do those works from 10 to 12 AM?

2. Usually my daughter wakes up about 4 pm and at that time I want to give for the child something to eat after her sleep. She eats her lunch at this time. We saw on the first day, that all the restaurants were closed at this time and she could eat only hamburger and hot dog. I thought , it's not a problem, we will find a solution. I was in the HumHum Restaurant and I took 2 piece of cake and 2 piece of watermelon on a plate and I went to the refrigator for a water. The waiter came to me to the refrigator and said to me, that do not try to export the food out the restaurant. All this with a speech tone, which is not admissible against a guest, seeming like i wanted to steal food!
I can accept and tolerate cultural differencies, I know that women represent a lower status than men in the Turkish culture, but in a hotel like Rixos, I think this kind of discrimination non-permitted against guests!!!! I went to the guest services and complained about this insultation.
+ I think that the hotel services should be coordinated with the needs of children also and if it's really a family friendly hotel, than after 3-4 pm should also provide fruit, yogurt, cake for them, not only fast foods.

3. In the theme restaurants you can't find any kid's menu at least one plate for them should be offered. They could not eat anything in these restaurants. Perhaps they are important too in a family friendly hotel...

4. Once we woke up in the night around half past 3, that the air condition was not working and the room was hot and the humidity was very high. I called the reception, they said to me, that it would be ok in 10 minutes. At half past five I had to took the baby out and we went for a walk in the park to let her sleep, because she was continuously crying from 3 30.
The temperature and weather was better outside than inside. The aircondition was working again only around 7 am.

5. They are writing on your website, that you gave " Rixy Kids Set-up: Blue or pink bathrobe set-up is ready for families staying with their kids before their arrival. Baby phone, sleepers, towels, choice of milk, baby food heater, kids shampoo and bathroom kids set-up are the other services for kids.". I called the reception to have for her shampoo and other bathroom kids set-up twice, but they told me, that it's not possible, becauce they haven't got it. We went and bought the things we needed. If I haven't read it, than I bring it with me, but on the first day it was a problem for us.

6. We reserved us place in a theme restaurant. At the reservation I gave the comment, that we are coming with two babys and we need baby chairs. The lady behind the computer said to me, that it's ok, they made the reservation and we will have it for the childs. After our arrival we asked for a baby chair. They said, that all of it are reserved and they can't give us. We ate with the babys in our arms. It was not very comfortable.

7. In the main restaurant you must ask for drinks several time to have anything. one time, after 15 minutes, I went to the waiter and asked for a bottle of water. I said to him, that I will bring it to our table, just give us something, because we are very thirsty. After that we had drinks for us.

And the most important:
8. Baby pool cleanliness, disinfection is very-very poor!!!! Our daughter is ill since Friday, she has an infection from the baby pool!!!! It's not a little sore throat /that was the first diagnosis of the hotel doctor in Rixos, after we went to him, because she had 39,1 fever/, which cost us 130 EUR to get to know/, it's a serious child infection - Hand-foot-mouth disease is the diagnosys of the doctor after our return at home!

We were together with another family and their son is also ill with this infection since 3 days! They are small childrens /23 month old/! We chosed one of the "best" and most expensive 7 star hotel from the travel agency catalogue to have an unforgettable holiday with our child, to provide a secure holiday for her, but we have imagined an unforgettable holiday a little bit otherwise. It's a good question how many other children will be ill with this infection, who used the baby pool area at the same time... The latency time is only 3 days, I think you will see more infections in days, if the doctor will diagnose it correctly...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Cseri
RixosPremium, Manager at Rixos Premium Belek, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Our Guest;
On the behalf of our Hotel Management, we want to say our unhapiness for the inconveniences that you might have encountered your visit to our premises and facilities regarding the stomach issues and fever.We would like to clarify that In Rixos Premium Belek we take Hygiene seriously.We assure you that we are aware about all incidences relating to pool during the week that you visited our hotel premises and facilities. We would like to state that in Rixos Premium Belek more than 1000 guests and so many kids at Rixos Premium Belek. I assure you responsibly that less than 5 guests reported this type of issues. As soon as the first person reported his incidences, our department of Hygiene and Quality took extra samples from water, instruments and food from all restaurants, buffets and snack bars during several days to be sent to an external Laboratory daily.I assure you again responsibly that we have doubled our efforts to find the cause and to prevent more incidences related with water and ISO 2200 , white flag. procedures in order to reduce and or eliminate potential risks.And about other problem food and bevarege Only as an additional details and clarify some doubts allow us to add that our Food Court is open between 12pm-4pm and you can find all things that you want for your baby, and it is forbidden to export the food out the restaurant but when you order food meal for your baby, my colleagues will be very happy to help you, like the other guests. We are sorry to hear that you had difficulties to access, as we did not notice any failure in the connection system and we are sorry to have heard that you had problems only after you left the hotel. We hoped that you would have informed us while you were staying at the hotel so that we could have helped you. If we do not hear comments from guests, be them positive or negative, we miss out on how we can better serve our customers. I am sorry your visit with us was not what you expected. Our goal is to provide a fun, memorable experience to our guests.

Kind Regards
Yasemin IŞIK yasemin.isik@rixos.com
Bracknell Berkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We spent two weeks here at the beginning of October. We had a great time staying in a Troy house with the room being comfortable , very clean and the mini bar stocked daily. The food was of a good quality and had something for everyone's taste. The A la Carte restaurants were excellent and we had no trouble booking them but it is wise to go at 8.00am and speak to Svetlana at the business centre. She was very helpful!
However it is a hotel that caters for conferences as well and at times we felt as if the paying guests were being overlooked in favor of the corporate dollar! For example on the last Thursday of our stay they roped off half the most popular area of the beach and consequently half the amount of sunbeds available for conference personnels' exclusive use. When we queried this with guest relations we were told to go elsewhere! They do have a kilometre of beach but a third of that is the VIP area and there are not enough sunbeds on the other bit of the beach to cope with a lot being cordoned off! Also a couple of nights before a couple of the restaurants were also closed
due to corporate events. The service in the retaurants could be hit or miss, guest relations could be trained in customer service more and certain people were given better service than most but all in all we did have a lovely time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Witchy44
RixosPremium, Manager at Rixos Premium Belek, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Our Guest;
Thank you for posting your opinion on Trip Advisor . We are sorry that you were unsatisfied with your stay in our hotel.Only as an additional details and clarify some doubts allow us to add that we give same service to all of our Guests. And we have enough capacity on the beach.
We would like to inform you that when you contact with our Guest Relation team,when you have a problem , they are always attempt to assist you quickly and efficiently with any reguest you may have during your stay.If we do not hear comments from guests, be them positive or negative, we miss out on how we can better serve our customers. I am sorry your visit with us was not what you expected. Our goal is to provide a fun, memorable experience to our guests.
Kind Regards,
Yasemin IŞIK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belek
Maxx Royal Belek Golf Resort
Gloria Verde Resort
#5 of 88 in Belek
Cornelia De Luxe Resort
Voyage Belek Golf & Spa

Been to Rixos Premium Belek? Share your experiences!