My husband and I went to the Atlantis for 1 week in September 06. If you have already booked this hotel, don't for 1 minute let me put you off, although I hope this review will help you prepare for what to expect.
The Atlantis is a large complex. As we were only there for 1 week we only ventured out of the hotel once (to go into Belek). We found plenty to do in the hotel to keep both of us occupied but it is fair to say that during the day we didn't do much more than read or sleep.
Firstly, after reading a few of these reviews, I have to say that we did not have much of a problem with the Russians, or any of the other nationalities there. The Russians seemed to queue up and wait in an orderly fashion like everyone else, contary to other reviews.
There is an abundance of sunloungers - we never had a problem in finding a nice spot. There is so much pool space (as the hotel name suggests) that we probaly didn't see it all in 1 week. We always found the pool areas spotlessly clean and always tidy. Likewise for our hotel room. We were on the 4th floor (lifts were excellent) on a corner so had views from 2 sides of the gardens. The room was quite large and we thought the bathroom was huge. The maids came daily so it was always clean and tidy. The efforts of the animation team didn't go unnoticed either. They obviously worked very hard. I disagree with the reviews that say that hearing them say everything in 4 languages get very tiresome. They tended to use a lot of English as a rule but I didn't have a problem with them translating for everyone else, especially when the English were very much in the minority.
If you enjoy good food and good service please do not expect it at the Atlantis. The buffet restaurant is just a canteen - it is not very comfortable at all. We tended to just eat and go. For some reason they move the food outside at about 8.30pm which just means it is cold when you eat it rather than luke warm (always make sure you check that your meat is cooked through). We tried 3 of the A La Carte Restaurants - the turkish was delicious and service very good (the only 1 we left a tip for). The food in the Mexican & Italian was better than the buffet restaurant, but painfully slow service. We found the general waiter and bar service quite poor. The language barrier did not help. The waiters spoke very little English (which I suppose is ok as long as you don't ask a question or have to explain what drink you want). I often saw the bar staff putting ice in the drinks (which was a rarity anyway) using their fingers which they then wiped on their trousers.
To sum up, we returned from this holiday relaxed and refreshed but we were really looking forward a good warm meal!!! Have a good time if you are going, although if you haven't booked yet and like good food, perhaps try somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Limak Atlantis is a luxury resort hotel which is located in Belek, Antalya where nature blends with the sea, and golden beautiful sands meet with blue waters, Atlantis the lost empire will come to life. Limak Atlantis De Luxe Hotel, where modern architecture meets with minimalist style, which is very modern and offers peace and freshness to your soul, brings the legend into the present day in all its glory. Newly born Atlantis with its beautiful golden sandy beach and 100-hundred-year-old pine trees in the garden is open 12 months and consists of a main building and two resorts buildings. Limak Atlantis De Luxe Hotel offers the best value for money with 'Warm Hospitality & Excellent Service'. It is a family and baby- kids-friendly hotel and gives All Inclusive service during a year. The hotel offers lots of free facilities and activities for its guests such as delicious food in Turkish buffet restaurant and 6 a la carte restaurants, good snacks, free internet access in the rooms and general areas, free safe box in the room and reception, free mini bar, free local and import good alcoholic drinks, cocktails, free kettle with tea & coffee set up, free fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast, free ironing service (2 items per person), tennis courts using and lightening. Spa and wellness center with its professional staff will let you get , out of tiredness of the year with its special packages with reasonable prices. A Turkish bath (Hamam), Sauna and Fin bath are opened all year round and included in All Inclusive package In Atlantis Hotel there are 5 swimming pools, with 4 water slides, 1 indoor pool, 2 kids pools, total area of which is 4.500 m2. In order to provide such extensive pool areas and sufficient numbers of swimming pools has been applied here. Besides, there are many Jacuzzis in the pool area where you can spend time with your families. If you want to swim and sunbathe in a peaceful atmosphere, or while enjoying you drink or read a book in the shade of trees and listen to birds' twittering, you can escape to our Relax pool. Beach towels, sun beds, sun umbrellas are provided around the pool and on the beach free of charge. As the parents spend a very quiet holiday, there are plenty of activities for kids at mini club during the day and night time. Every single day, we dance together with kids at mini disco time. And lots of surprising activities take a place during a stay. Wonderful sketches and shows prepared by our professional animation team as well as daily entertaining programmers and evening parties will make your holiday special. At bars, restaurants and all around the hotel well trained staff will give a professional service for our guests with pleasure. In peaceful atmosphere 6 a la carte restaurants offer our guests a wide choice of delicious food and good wines. Turkish, Indian and Sushi a la carte restaurants are included.Italian, Mexican and Fish a la carte restaurants are with cover charge. As we are baby-friendly resort a very well cared baby food corner will be at your baby's service during meal times with its special chef. You will have various different accommodation options according your to your demands and preferences in the 373 rooms of Atlantis De Luxe Hotel & Resort, with peaceful and comfortable designs. Rooms have been re-designed in 2015 and great new rooms are welcoming its guests with new good furniture, anti-allergic laminated-floor, comfortable beds, shower or bath tub, hairdryer, bathrobe and slippers, mini bar (daily refreshment), free Wi Fi, free tea& coffee facilities, balcony, free safe box, television, fan, sitting group. There are also three fill equipped handicap rooms in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Evoline ltd so you can book your Limak Atlantis Deluxe Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Limak Atlantis Deluxe Hotel Belek
- Limak Atlantis Deluxe Hotel And Resort
- Atlantis Belek
- Atlantis Hotel Turkey
- Limak Atlantis Deluxe Hotel & Resort Belek, Turkey - Antalya Province