“Best Holiday Ever!! :)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Best Holiday Ever!! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just returned from a holiday to Atlantis, we’ve been back a week today & have already re-booked to go again THIS YEAR!!

By far the best holiday I’ve had, it’s a beautiful hotel, in a great location, very clean & nicely decorated. Restaurants were clean, nicely set out & had a wide selection of food to choose from - something for everyone! Rooms were spacious & the daily maid service excellent!

Pool areas & beach were clean & plenty of sun beds available! We recommend hiring a ‘Sultan hut’ for the day for that extra bit of luxury 

We spent most evenings at Lycia bar where we met Murat (bestest barman in Turkey!) so friendly & he made good cocktails & special drinks, nothing was too much trouble.
I’d like to say thank you to Songul from Guest relations who was extremely helpful & made us feel very welcome. She went out of her way to ensure our holiday was as perfect as it could be!

The Animation & entertainment team at Atlantis are the best I’ve ever seen!!! The shows they put on every night are fantastic & we looked forward to them. The daytime activities they provided were also really good & kept us amused/entertained. Big thanks to Martin, Yarik, Vova, Musti, Samet, Harry & the rest of the team for making us feel so welcome. They are the nicest, funniest & friendliest people we met & the team are one of the many reasons we will be returning! :)
Best holiday ever.....I promise you won’t be disappointed! 

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Claire R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Fab holiday with my family (two active kids (4 1/2 and 22 month old). The larger than average standard room was fab with a separate dressing area. We were placed away from the main building opposite the tennis court where it was more peaceful (away from the night time entertainment). The pools were all lovely (we liked the pool next to the lunch restaurant with a small stone area as it was near the food and the beach and had lots of grassy areas. the food was lovely. we had 2 nights in the Sushi restaurant (our favourite) and a nice in the fish (best view) and Indian restaurant (yummy) the buffet was great too and the snack bar handy. The kids club was great for my 4 year old daughter who loved the girls who ran it. they made great arts and crafts things every day and played games in and out the pool area. my 22 month old also liked going in to play there (supervised by myself). The girls couldn't have made it more fun for my daughter and therefore made the holiday more relaxing for my husband and I. Special mention and thanks to Mellissa, emine and ksenia. The animation team was fantastic, we loved The Lion King, Madonna and Rouge shows and also had a good night when they had an after show party after the Mother of Africa Show. the dancers (especially the 3 guys were brilliant with their acrobatic skills! The entertainment in general suited all tastes. Harry was a lovely guy and taught a good turkish dancing class. We absolutely loved the beach which was nice and clean and well supervised and we also spent a day in one of the luxury tents near the beach where we got our meals served to us and champagne and strawberries. The weather was great so all in all a 8.5/10 holiday for us. we would thoroughly recommend going to anyone that reads this! PS: the bellboy Hassan was really helpful taking care with any room/luggage or general concerns!

Room Tip: For families go to the second block near the tennis courts away from the main building
3 Thank Daniel M
wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Went to antlantis april 30th to 7 th may really cannot fault anything about the holiday I was there with my daughter and 3 grandchildren aged 3, 9 and 12 something for every body ,the rooms were spotless fridge refilled every day ,the animation team are the best I've ever seen, and Martin makes every 1feel so welcome,I would recommend this holiday 10 out of 10. Also happy birthday Martin xx

Room Tip: We were in room 315 and 316 quite a way from everything but lovely and quiet
4 Thank angela2909
Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Just come back from one week stay at atlantic not a five star more on the lines of a three star where do I start .very impressive walking in reception but lots of issues .in main restraunt prevention not good at all tables were not set to a standed of a five star dirty cloths and very rude people. My self and my husband were ill from getting there to coming home with stomach cramps with food we were living off bottle water and bread for the week.The Thomas cook rep was more of a joker than a good rep .other people who were there was having the same problems with stomach cramps as well . Hotel clean but there again not on the lines of a five star the other two restraunt you have got to pay there are five star but the rest of hotel is not .REad these reviews before booking up .

Room Tip: Get a high floor
1 Thank Julie M
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Where do I start with this resort, this hotel isn’t 5 star in a million years not sure how anyone can confuse it as such. I have been to Turkey countless times and previously been to Belek which is quite a nice place and stayed in the Voyage, which is in a totally different league to this place. The difference in quality between the 2 is actually astounding.

I’m reviewing this hotel based on my experience and the fact I paid for a 5 star hotel and got a 3 star.
Starting with the good points theres plenty of pools and a great entertainment team, in particularly Martin who is a class act and quite frankly wasted at this hotel.

Bad points

The indoor entertainment room stinks and hasn’t been cleaned in about 6 months and is covered in dead flies and moths, quite disgusting.

The childrens pool doubles up as Shushida ala carte in the evenings and they do not clean it before morning, it would be nice if the childrens pool got cleaned of broken glass and shot glasses without guests constantly pestering guest relations to have it done.

The hotel management are the rudest people I’ve ever met.- If you aint Russian you wont get the time of day,

The food is quite frankly an outrage and a hygiene disaster waiting to happen, the food and salad by the beach pool is UNCOVERED and you get birds eating out of it and perching in it.
We got cakes in the restaurant which had bugs crawling in it, we videod and showed the manager who simply shrugged.
The uncovered food in the childrens restaurant had dead flies floating in it. And all I will add to the food quality is that myself and my daughter had a stint in hospital after enjoying the “5 star” food.

The balcony terraces in the standard plus rooms are a joke, you can’t even get onto them due to the overgrown shrubbery – I will post pictures. And from the outside walking past the standard/family blocks it resembles something from a council estate.

Also just to add for anyone taking children, you have to PAY for ice creams. The “ice cream bar” people refer to near the patisserie is a fridge with 2 different flavours of sorbe in it.

I’m astounded it has so many good reviews as in my opinion its about 5 star as a travel lodge. But then again when you have got the people running teenage club having them tripadvise review the hotel as one of the activities it all adds up.

This was probably the worst holiday and the worst hotel I’ve stayed in, the only positive was the decent people we met including the very helpful Thomas Cook reps. Hope the hotel can learn from everything we have reported to TC and anyone reading this going has a better time than we did.

8 Thank Dan_1019
GRManager, Manager at Limak Atlantis Deluxe Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Guests,

In response to the recent negative reviews we have received, it is no coincidence that they all arrived at the same time and covered the same subjects. The single and most important aim of Limak Atlantis management is for all our guests to enjoy their holiday. If there is any issue with your holiday we will always try to do our best to help. We help our guests because we genuinely want to live up to our motto “Warm Hospitality and Excellent Service”, not because they threaten to write negative comments on Tripadvisor. We encourage all guest feedback and we would never try to dissuade our guests from sharing their opinions with others.

All we ask is for anybody reading this who has either booked a holiday here, or is thinking of booking a holiday here, to come here and make up your own mind. The vast majority of our guests leave fully satisfied with their holiday and our hotel, and it genuinely upsets us to see even one negative review. Please be assured that we take every single genuine complaint seriously and for our guests to state otherwise does a disservice to our hardworking staff.

Thanks for reading,

Limak Atlantis Management
Paisley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had booked the Atlantis due to our first choice hotel, the Paloma Grida Village, not being able to accomodate us in a room with a cot for our 7 months old. The Grida Village is 4* so we felt that we would go 5* in order to ensure a great holiday experience. This was not the case, please see below some of what we had to endure:

1. One morning at breakfast we entered the restaurant as normal and went to get a high chair for our 7 month old son. The common practice for a clean high chair was to get one that had a cling film wrapping around the table area of the chair, as this indicated that the chair had been cleaned by a staff member and was ready to use. Our son looked agitated during breakfast, but we put this down to him being tired, as he had awoken slightly earlier on this morning. Once we had finished breakfast we lifted him out to put him into the buggy. We noticed that the back of his clothing was saturated. We checked his nappy and found it to be dry, as he had not long been changed before we left the room. We then checked the high chair and found the seat area to be soaking wet, and that from the smell it appeared to be URINE. I do not think I have ever been so angry at this discovery, and I found it very distressing that my son had to endure sitting in another person’s URINE.

I went to see out Thomas Cook representative, Marion Wotherspoon, who was in the hotel at the time. Marion was appalled at this and took us to Guest Relations, who initially offered to clean the dirty suit, which I actually felt insulted by, as I felt that they were dismissive of my complaint. I left this with Marion, and later they offered us the use of our room for late checkout, which was in my opinion the least that they could have done. We were also promised our “OWN HIGH CHAIR” for the remainder of the holiday. This happened once, and then when we asked in restaurant again all we got were puzzled looks.

2. I had sickness, cramps and severe diarrhoea from Sunday 12th May and diarrhoea continued throughout my holiday, and even still on my return to the UK. A number of British guests that we chatted to had similar symptoms, and a father and daughter had a night in hospital with a bacterial stomach infection, which was linked to either poultry or contaminated water. I visited the pharmacy in Belek and explained my symptoms, and they thought it could be a case of FOOD POISONING. I have since visited my own GP and they have taken a stool culture sample, which I will get the results of later this week. We believe that this was down to chicken eaten on the Sunday evening. I did not eat anywhere else other than in the hotel, so this can be the only cause. (My GP comes back to me with results later this week in relation to stomach infection etc). I gladly post on here result and if no infection etc then I will gladly remove this section from my review.

3. One of the nights it was raining and the evening entertainment was in the Lymra Hall. Upon entering the room we noticed that there was an odour in the room, but put this down to the room not being used very often and needed airing. As we sat the tables and the kids disco was on, some of the kids were playing on the floor and the area around us. My daughter then came over as she had discovered dead flies and moths all over the carpet, close to where my son and other children were on the floor.

4. One morning my wife was taking my son and daughter to the baby pool, and once in the pool playing my daughter noticed SHOT GLASSES in the pool. This could have led to a bad injury to my children or others. This was reported by my wife to the rep. This area should have been checked before the pool opened.

5. There was “dog/animal” poo in the children’s play area. This was a fenced off area, and I informed the staff at the pool bar about this. It was still there 3 days later, despite later reporting it to Guest Relations.

6. There were dead flies in the Feta cheese at the kids area in the restaurant, and the food in this area was often cold, as though it had been sitting out all day. I could not let my children eat from this area.

7. My daughter went up to the pool bar for a drink one morning and ended up standing on broken glass around this area, and only the quick actions of another guest prevented her from being injured. Upon checking this area I found pieces of glass around this area, which doubled up as the Japanese restaurant. I reported this to Marion and she went to guest relations to yet again get another issue sorted. There is no way that glass should be used around the pool area, and I find this practice to be highly reckless.

So as you can see we have had to deal with quite a number of issues on our holiday. I have never had to write a review on Trip Advisor, but felt compelled to warn any customers who may consider booking here in the future. For those who have booked, do not stand for any nonsense from Guest Relations, and utilise your rep, who in our case was Marion from Thomas Cook. I found her very helpful and she attempted to deal with our numeous issues.

We found a number of British guests experiencing the same, and I am sure there will be more reviews like this appearing on here.

On a positive note, there were some good staff members, and the entertainment team, especially the kids club were really good, and should be comended for lightening the mood for a lot of the guests in the hotel.

Like I have said, it was far from ideal and this is not a case of sour grapes or scare mongering, we are in process of a complaint to Thomas Cook Group regarding our experience, as it was most certainly not 5*.

Also heard report of hotel getting some teenagers to review hotel while there, hence some positive reviews, but this is unconfirmed.

Good Luck

Room Tip: I would advise a room above the ground level to reduce risk of over grown plants etc that some other...
8 Thank Ian G
Dear Jan G,

First of all we would like thank you for your detailed comments about our hotel. As mentioned in our previous response, our only aim is to improve our service and quality.

We are really sorry for the negative points that you experienced here. All these subjects have been discussed with our department heads and the management. We also tried to do our best to solve the problems in the hotel during your stay.

As you were informed in the hotel, the case with high chair was only the first and only one. We are sorry for this case and want to assure that all necessary steps have been taken to ensure that this does not happen again.

During you stay in the hotel we had about 1300 guests from many different countries, only two of whom complainted about this health problem (they also assured us that they would soon be writing a Tripadvisor review too). Sickness and stomach cramps can of course occur on holiday due to a variety of reasons such as a change of diet and climate, but as stated previously we have a professional food hygiene team present who operate to the highest international standards.

We are sorry for your health problem again and really hope that you feel better now.
We will certainly take all necessary action to improve the cleaning service concerning the inside and outside areas. All guests are encouraged to take plastic glasses to the pool areas for reasons of health and safety, and our pools are controlled at regular intervals by our lifeguards.

We are happy that you have not only negative moments here but also enjoyed our entertainment activities and kids club facilities. Thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel staff who tried to make your stay here more comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you to one of our Limak hotels in future.

Yours faithfully,

Limak Atlantis De Luxe Hotel Management
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Have just returned from the most fabulous week at this lovely hotel. This was a very special occasion for my partner and I and the hotel did not let us down! Songul of Guest Relations went out of her way to ensure that everything was perfect for us, she was utterly professional and so, so helpful - arranging a beautiful room with a bottle of wine and fruit there when we arrived, breakfast in our room on our first morning and many other special and generous gestures which were really over and above anything we could have expected or wished for. We cannot praise her enough - THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN SONGUL!!!!!!! The hotel itself is very beautiful with lovely gardens, lawns and pools, there are many quiet and relaxing areas but also plenty of activities for those that want them. No shortage of loungers around the pools or beach although appreciate the hotel was not at capacity when we were there. The beach area is very pleasant and, like everywhere else in the hotel is spotlessly clean. The choice of food in the main restaurant at both breakfast, lunch and dinner is extensive and of a very good quality - can't believe people couldn't find something they'd like, my partner particularly enjoyed the Chinese corner!! The beach snack bar is fine if you like burgers, hot dogs etc but we ate in the Laila restaurant most lunchtimes which (although had more or less the same selection every day) had a more than sufficient choice for us - the grilled fish in particular was very good. Only had one lunch in the main buffet restaurant as we preferred to stay around the beach and pool areas but again this was very good. The afternoon patisserie selection in Lykia bar was excellent. All staff, from cleaners to waiters to bar staff were very pleasant, willing, courteous and friendly. We enjoyed some lovely 'sundowner' cocktails, there was also Gordons gin and Johnny Walker Red Label whisky included in the all inclusive drinks. We had a wonderful Turkish bath and massage in the lovely spa which was a unique experience to say the least! We only ate in one of the a la carte restaurants - the Italian which was very good. Most of the other guests at the hotel were Russians many with small children who tended to scream a lot lol! The animation team worked very hard and were all very pleasant and enthusiastic but never pushy, their shows were very good particularly the 'famous artists' one which we found very, very funny. We only got to see one professional show - the Turkish one but that was also very good. All round we had a truly fantastic time, the hotel is 5* but not in a 'stuffy' way, we hope to go back there next year.

Room Tip: We had a beautiful room with a fabulous view overlooking the sea and pools, however we could hear th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple