Xanadu Resort Hotel
$608
$116
$90
TripAdvisor
IC Hotels Santai(Belek)(Great Value!)
$126
$211
$390
$254
1,772 results
All reviewsthe secret gardenirish barfree laundry serviceantique poolrosebud bartuesday lunchtimea la carte restaurantsmain restaurantnext yearturkeyhigh classbeach barshopping arcadegreat holidayguest relationsanimation teammain pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I normally reccomend this hotel to everyone when i get back but from now on i'm not telling a sole. Last year we had a bungalow room and this year we were in the hotel and after our initial reservation we actually found the hotel much better. How anyone can fail to have a good time here is beyond belief, the place is very clean, great food choice and the quality of food is superb for an all inclusive resort, rooms are comfortable not that you spend much time in them, both pools have enough beds around them without having to get up at the crack of dawn to throw your towells on (although a large group must've had a decent rota going as they had the same spot every day), indoor pool is wonderful to jump into after being in the sun all day or having had a bit of time in the gym, sunbathing on the beach is superb as you get a lovely breeze flowing over you and service is polite as ever but please please please git rid of those savoury sticks in the irish bar that are just so moorish and ruined my dinner hahaha.
If i was being picky i'd say they need more fans in the outside bars and main restaurant, this became intolerable some nights and we found ourselves retiring to the irish bar far too early, some of the entertainment leaves a lot to be desired but then saying that i thought The Circus was the best thing i've seen there in 2 years, still cant work out how that woman managed to get her lower body doing a circle around her body whilst she was in a crab position.
my one last gripe as to be too many english this year compared to last year, which is why i'm no longer telling anyone about this place and those that have been and enjoyed themselves i'd implore you to do the same haha.
Whoops i almost forgot the Spa is fantastic, i treated my wife and 2 teenagers to a day in the main room there, you spend 8 hours being fed and watered, massaged and just generally living very nicely, it's a few quid but for that special occasion its worth every penny.

3  Thank Dazza027
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Top quality vacation in all respects. Even cleaner than your home. We never worried about our little girl crawling every where. Stuff is very quick and helpfull. Beach comfort is excellent. Umbrellas are huge enough if you prefer shading. No need to hurry up to grab a good place around pools. Everything is just huge in number. Food is excellent, you will definitly gain some weight after tasting all of them.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2010

What can i say about this Hotel.
After reading some of the reviews on here i was thinking of changing hotels. I am so glad that i didn't
From the time we got off the mini bus outside the hotel i was so happy. bell boys waitting at the door for your luggage, then you were taken to your room.
I had booked a JR Suite with sea view, and we weren't disappoint with the room. we have a large lounge with a sofa and one chair and also a desk and a flat screen tv.
the bedroon opened out onto the balcony where you had to sunbeds, we had a double bed in the bedroom with also a flat screen tv.

The buffet resturants was lovely could not be faulted,

They had three pools two which were very loud but there was a secret garden pool that was alot more quieter.

The Beach isn't much to right home about but tell you the truth we only went there once, as we stayed by the pool or in the gardens.

Would i go back to this hotel yes we would

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank alfi27
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Let me start this review by saying that me, my wife and children (boys 11 & 12) had a nice relaxing holiday, but I'm affraid the Xanadu just never lived up to it's billing.In our opinion this is not a 5 star hotel.
We arrived 2nd July for 2 weeks.
Room - I would describe as functional. We stayed in a "family room" (Thomas Cooks description) in the Bungalows, this consisted of 1 twin room and 1 double room with an interconnecting door. The beds were firm and comfy, the air con worked very well. Decor and furnishings looked a little tired. Maid service every day.
Pools - The pools were all great with loads of beds to go round (no need to get up at 7 in the morning). Pools and pool area as well as hotel grounds and gardens were kept spotless day and night. Pool towels are provided.
Beach - The beach wasn't great, lots of stones, don't think it was very popular with the hotel guest as it was more or less empty any time we went down (kids loved jumping of the small jetty into the sea). The beach snack bar was just that, with a very limited menu paper plates and plastic cutlrey.
Pool Bars - We ate breakfast at the "secret garden" pool bar most mornings found this to be better than the main buffet breakfast where everything tended to be to cold. (cold fryed egg mmm tasty). We ate lunch at this bar twice but found the food to be very poor with a limited choice, the same goes for the Xanadu pool bar where my wife was served raw chicken in breadcrumbs we left when it arrived and never user it for lunch again. (they forgot to cook it).
Food - I would say the food was OK, thats about all I can come up with. I wish I could have said it was delicious or amazing but realy it wasn't. We went to the satellite (a la carte) restaurants and found these to be more or less to the same standard.
Service - This for us was the worst we have experienced in a long time. I would say the hotel is drastically understaffed.The staff were pleasant enough but were just not very good at their job. Every night at dinner we had to ask to have our plates cleared between coarses or just did ourselves. Asking for a drink was even a chore as they never seemed to understand what you were saying. Most of the staff seemed to be very young therefore very inexperienced and it showed, we heard various reasons for this the main one being that a lot of the older more experienced staff had been moved to the new Xanadu Island Resort to provide training etc. Lucky old us hey!! I have to point out the problem with the service was a major bugbear with just about everyone we spoke to.
Entertainment - The animation team provide this around the antique pool during the day with games and sports, I would say that if you spend your days at the "secret garden" pool you won't see sight nor sound of them. In the evening there are shows in the amphitheatre mostly music and mime performed by the animation team, my wife and kids went some of these shows and enjoyed them. Every night there is live music at the Xanadu Pool Bar. Oh my God it could be pure torture at times. Think of Tony Angelino's version of "cwying" in Only Fools and Horses and you'll get where I'm coming from. The "rosebud bar" had live music on some nights to, enough said, we thought this place lacked any sort of atmosphere only went in a few times. There is a disco every night in the nightclub our kids could'nt get in so I can't comment on that (over 16's only).
Hotel shops - Overpriced is putting it mildly, here's two examples 8 euro for a tube of toothpaste and 42 euro for a 150ml bottle of ambre solaire, Ouch.
Well there it is our review of the Xanadu. It does seem to go against the trend for this hotel on tripadvisor but we feel this is a fair and honest review of what we experienced during our stay. At the moment it's ranked number one in Belek, but realy we don't no why. The Xanadu just never delivered that wow factor that we were expecting and left disappointed to many times during our stay.

8  Thank PaulOnHol
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Just returned from a stunning 2 weeks at the Xanadu resort. Highlights were the food, range of activities and cleanliness which everyone goes on about at length and I fully agree.

The big disappointment for us was the childcare and the miniclub. We always like to let our son have a couple of hours a day in the miniclub so he can play with other children in a supervised environment (and we get a break) and to play there in the evening after the mini disco! However at Xanadu the staff do not seam that interested in the children. The miniclub has no registration process which did not make me feel comfortable leaving my 4 year old. The majority of children in the club whilst we were there were Russian and with the miniclub staff also being Russian my son felt left out and the staff did not interact with him the one time we left him for an hour (we were watching him from the gym which overlooks the miniclub). He was not included in the facepainting or craft activities and left to play on his own.

The alternative was to use the babysitting service which was €20 / hour in the day or €30 / hour in the evening and the babysitting may still take place in the miniclub!!!

This was a small drawback and we still had a fantastic holiday - you will have a fantastic holiday if you go with no expectations for the miniclub.