“Wicked winter sun”

SENTIDO Zeynep Resort
Ranked #11 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Resort was excellent the food was really good and plenty of it !! Although it was winter season most of the spa facilities were readily available. The staff, in all areas, were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and very big. All in all an excellent experience !

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank 229paulnmary
Write a ReviewReviews (2,613)

Reviewed December 12, 2013

The most amazing hotel with excellent staff who cannnot do enough for you. The entertaiment team is truly superb Gino Alex Alina Sveta and the team work tirelessly to ensure you have a brilliant time if you want to take part in the activities but will come sit and chat when there free we hated leaving them all.And will leave you to relax if you wish ..
The consierge manager Ernic Onal is the most wonderful customer service manager we have met and was concerned with a few problems we had and resolved them
Our evening at the italian resteraunt which was booked to celebrate my husbands birthday where the food was totaly outstanding. Good range of food snacks and drinks and the use of the golf also .
We love this hotel so much we have booked to return next year cant wait.

Room Tip: Bungalow room with sea view//pool more pool view but comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bubblesalex
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We spent a week here in October and had a really nice time.
The hotel was very well appointed, very clean and the staff are very friendly.
We went all inclusive and there was a decent range of drinks (including some cocktails - the Gam Gam is particularly good).
The rooms were nice as well. We had a bungalow (at no extra cost) which was away from the main hotel and so was nice and quiet.
The food was quite good with plenty of choice but, as is quite common with all inclusive, did get a bit samey towards the end of the week. Still, no real complaints on that front.
The pools were nice, although a little on the cold side. I suspect that in the height of summer they would be warmer. Very clean though and plenty of sun beds, both by the pools and on the beach, throughout the day.
We paid €30 extra for a Turkish massage and body scrub which was very nice. You do, however get free use of the sauna, relaxation room and steam room.
You can also use all of the facilities of the attached golf resort for a change of scenery.
Overall, a great hotel and I would happily go back.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Monkey1964
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Spent a week at this hotel in Oct and was very disappointed. We were not given a cot, although requested twice, on arrival and were checking in at 4:30am. It also took them 1 hour to check us in although we were only ones there. We paid 75 for sea view which did not receive. Had a baby and were given a room with no bath.

Then were told day after we arrived that all a la carte restaurants were fully booked to f ok nd later that night when walking by then were empty!!! When complaining were told they were being kept for Turkish guests IN CASE they wanted to book! We were also told you can only book for 1 a la carte restaurant per week. To top it off the buffet food was awful. Same everyday with a different sauce.

Lastly we asked for a kettle to boil water for our baby who had sickness and diarrhoea and were told again they were keeping all the kettle for the Turkish guests!!

Having complained to staff and then manager I have to say they did not have the attitude I would have expected considering the reviews of this hotel, they seemed very uninterested and unhelpful.

Will not be back and would definitely not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Okay, first thing first, this is a great hotel. Fantastic food, great bars, mostly friendly staff (the only reason the others were not friendly was the fact they only spoke Turkish, German and Russian) immaculate bathrooms, clean communal areas, nice beach, etc.

The highlight of this hotel were two things; the first thing is the food and the availability of the food. Granted it is not steak and Lobster, but it ticks the boxes and there is plenty of choice and it is always piping hot. There wasn't a single item on the menu in the 13 nights my family stayed at the hotel where you thought 'erm...no, I don't think eating that will be a good idea'. There was food being offered almost everywhere from 7am until about 9:30pm. Seriously, couldn't fault it. The Pizza's made at the snack bar next to the child pool were fantastic.

The second highlight was the bathrooms. I have never stayed in a foreign hotel that had such a nice bathroom and a great shower! - sad, I know, but I like to be clean. I judge all hotels on bathrooms!

Now for the down sides (although keep in mind, it is still a great hotel/holiday) The pools ARE NOT child friendly. We stayed in the main hotel and the 'child' pool measured roughly 20ft x 20ft and was 35cm deep...that's it. The other three pools located here were NOT child friendly. I would also suggest that their measurements to the pool depths are significantly mis-calculated. Our son who is almost 8, measures in at 158cm. The shallow end in the main pool was 125cm...and his feet couldn't touch the floor...Secondly, the pools are cold, okay, not just cold, but COLD! and I mean freezing cold. You hardly seen anyone in the pools at all. Note to hotel management, you have plenty buildings around the pool areas, a huge amount of sunlight, would some solar panels kill you to heat the pools? The sea was warmer than the pools!!! Also, you couldn't slowly walk into the pool and climatise yourself to the temperature, it was all or nothing!!!

Next, is the rooms. All perfectly nice, modern, immaculately clean, but it was a squeeze. We have our bed (my wife and I) another bed for our eldest son and a camp bed for our youngest and we have very little room to move about...that being said, you don't go on holiday and sit in your room. Secondly, the duvet on the double bed barely covered it. And I don't mean in a him/her power struggle over control, I literally mean the duvet barely covered the top of the mattress let alone anything else.

My wife used the spa twice on her trip and I have to say she was very impressed. One tip for getting a better deal is to wait until later on in the day until you negotiate your price as if they are quiet they significantly reduce the price. (3 treatments for the price of 1 for example)

The shop in the resort is well stocked, but a rip off but there is nothing near by so you have no option unless you want to fork out 45 TL for a return taxi trip to Belek.

I would say don't bother taking TL or £. Just take Euro's, they are used more commonly than anything else.

Lastly, I would be lucky if I heard a British accent twice during our 13 nights. The place was awash with Germans and Russians and they are the rudest people ever! and I mean seriously! I have never met such arrogant people in all my life! (granted some were pleasant, but not many)

I have highlighted more negatives than positives, but this doesn't do the place justice. It was a fantastic hotel and holiday and I could put up with other grumbles IF the pools were warmer and more child friendly.

would visit again, when kids are a bit older.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank 8monkey
Reviewed October 19, 2013

have just returned from one week stay at this hotel. I read many reviews before booking and most are accurate. The grounds are immaculate, the pools are lovely and you never have to hunt for a sunbed. animation team are great, so enthusiastic and lots going on I.e. Archery and water aerobics. The amphitheatre was a nice touch, the Chinese acrobats definitely worth watching. the biggest disappointment for us was the service. Do not let your knife and fork get cleared away, you will not see it again! Every night at the buffet restaurant we sat down to a dirty table cloth, no glasses for water, no knife or fork. we aren't ones to grumble and just got on with it and tracked them down ourselves but after a week of the same thing it got very frustrating. The staff simply didn't use their initiative, there would be a bottle of water on the table but nothing to drink it from. One evening I had to walk around the restaurant and find a waiter to ask for a drink as we had been seated for 10 minutes without being approached. Possibly it was because it was end of season and the staff numbers had been cut back dramatically? The food was of a good standard for a 4 star hotel, but was hit and miss, some days great, some days not. you won't go hungry but at times it was rather boring. lots of Turkey and chicken. I wasn't a fan of the cocktails either and I normally love cocktails on holiday. The classics such as margaritas and mojitos had to be paid for and were not included on all inclusive. Only beer and water served at open air disco; just a few things that sets this resort apart from the tops ones but I think you get what you pay for here, it is cheaper than a lot of the 5 star resorts in Belek and there is a reason for it.
I would rather pay extra and have a week of luxury and top service, but for those who are on a tighter budget and are looking for a great pool scene, lots to do for the kids etc then go for it you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jo022
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is really amazing but the only 'downer' for me on this holiday is that it was full of Germans and Russians. I will come to this later..... The hotel was 'immacculate' and the staff were ok. There were a handful of staff who were pleasant but some were'nt, probably because they didn't speak english...??? I cannot fault this hotel but there is nothing directly outside of the hotel for you to take a walk to. The beach was lovely and sunbeds either around the pool or on the beach was always aplenty. I really enjoyed the food but the puddings were not to my taste... I am a sweetooth and I never touched the puds... (they look nice)! The restaurant is big but really reminded me of my school canteen. Outside the eating area was better. Rooms were really comfortable and clean and the shower was brilliant!!! Very powerful. Hairdryer in bathroom which again is very good but no iron in the room although you can hire one. Free safe in room and tv but limited english channels. Kids will love it here. Pool and beach in the day and safe for them to play. Kids disco nightly. Back to the language barrier. There were about 4 other english groups besides mine but no-one on this holiday got close, which is most unusual for my hubby and me as we always make friends for the whole holiday. Everyone walked with their heads down as no-one knew who was what nationality and were put off by saying hello as none of the other holiday makers spoke english and they do tend to look straight through you! Hardly any of the staff spoke good english as the hotel is german owned so they tend to look after the germans and russians and speak good german and russian. We found they catered for these nationalities in the food also. This really did dampen our holiday. In saying all this, if you are going in a group - great. You don't need to speak to anyone else!! We won't be going back but this hotel really is well worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple