“Fantastic holiday”

SENTIDO Zeynep Resort
Ranked #11 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed August 1, 2013

There were two sides to this resort, We stayed in the golf and spa side. It was the more relaxing side where as the other side was where all the entertainment happened. The room was lovely. It was well furnished and decorated as well as being very spacious. The beds were surprisingly comfy, except for the 4th bed which was quite hard. The room had a fride with some soft drinks in which was filled every morning. The tv had many channels with a few being in english. The bathroom was luxorious and the shower was amazing. The rooms were both very well presented and well equiped. The bathroom had towels, shower gel, shampoo, conditoner, soap and a hair dryer. The whole of the hotel was very clean and the rooms were also cleaned daily. If anything broke the hotel staff were very quick to clean it up. The room had a small balcony which was nice and over looked the enterence to the golf and spa.
The staff were very friendly and went out of there way to help you. They were so polite and cheerful at all times. They were exceptional and worked very hard.
There were several pools and childrens pools. The beach was also right on the door step and the weather was very nice. It was 45oc in the day and 30oc at night. The sand was very hot and you did have to run to the wetter sand and the sea as it would burn your feet. I recommend taking sandals and definately sunglasses. If you have small children then take suncream 50. Our youngest daughter is 2 and we were having to apply it every hour as she did burn a little on the first day even though we did apply it every couple of hours. The whole resort was very clean and finished to a whole standard. The only toilets that weren't so nice were the ones that were near the stage where all the entertainment happened. The shows at night were amazing, we watched a dancing one and an acrabat one.

There was a large selection of food however it didn't vary greatly from day to day. The food wasn't brilliant for children. But over all the food quality and taste was good.
The only negatives would be that smoking was allowed anywhere outside or so it seemed. It was very expensive, the holiday rep said this was because the locals thought we were all rich as we were staying in a 4* hotel. This did seem to be the case. Excursions were ridiculously expensive and unaffordable. Most of them started around £58. We would have loved to have seen more of turkey and the culture and history but the expensive of the excursions made this impossible. So that was disappointing.
I'd recommend taking euros instead of turkish lira as the prices seemed cheaper if you had euros.
There were several photographers who would be very keen to take your photo. Twice on two differnt occassions a photographer jumped infront of us and took a photo. On both occassions the two different photographers didn't even ask if we wanted our photo taken. They did it before we even knew. We weren't happy about this and it became a nuisance having to keep dodging photographers or keep having to say no. I think its polite to ask to take someones photo first, especially when they have small children and are very protective over them.
All in all it was a superb holiday and I would highly recommend it. The hotel was great, the flights were good and the holiday rep had time for you and she was really nice.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank bluebelle13
Write a ReviewReviews (2,614)

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We arrived at the hotel on 11th July for 14 nights.there was 34 of us children teens and couples. We were upgraded upon arrival and was put in the golf &spa hote and some of us had the duplex room with their very own pool. The rooms were really clean and spacious and my teenage daughter loved it as they had 2 showers in their room.

Although all the main entertainment was over the other resort only a few minutes away it was great to have the best of both worlds we spent time at both resorts. The waiters and bar staff were so attentive and friendly. We all booked for a Mexican and Chinese where the staff set up a table for 34 of us and we still never had to wait for food to come out the service was fantastic.. Every other Friday there is a gala night where everyone eats around the pool and all the tables are dressed up really posh the food looked amazing, a special thank you to the concierge as he sorted all our party out the best tables all together for a birthday celebration and bought him out a cake!.

The entertainment staff were fantastic they worked so hard and were so friendly watch out for Luca, Yassin, papa and Alex! We really enjoyed Olympic day reds Vs blues playing different games throughout the day I was in the winning red team (apparently reds are the best!)

it was also really nice to see lots of English and Scottish people at the hotel and not over run by Russians!

My only complaint and this is very small one is they should include rum in the all inclusive so I could have had my favourite cocktail Mojitos!?

Overall We had an amazing holiday, hats off to all the staff they were all still so pleasant and friendly thank you to all the staff and entertainment team for making our holiday the best holiday we have had we will hopefully see you all very soon !!

Love Nikki D and the Loughborough crew

Room Tip: If possible try and ask for the golf and spa resort the rooms are much larger and it's nice and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nikki D
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were booked into resort hotel but got upgraded on arrival to the golf & spa hotel so I have put a more detailed review on the golf & spa.
Lovely place, great staff good to be able to use facilities in both hotels. we thoroughly enjoyed it and will return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank charliesmam
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Not much to write. Everything was just fine! :-)
From food, animation team to services. Pleanty of sunbeds by the pool and on the beach. If you can't find any, the pool attendant will come and find some for you and put it to the place you want.
Drinks - there are some 10 cocktails included in All inclusive. What I also found very good is that the hotel offers you cola, fanta, sprite and tonic (not some local fakes like everywhere I had been to before). The drinks somehow taste bettter. :-)
Also bottled water is always present at all bars and during lunch and dinner on all tables. Minibar in rooms is free and offers water, cola, fanta, sprite and juices.
Looking forward coming back soon! :-)

Room Tip: Get a sea view room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Motyx
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hi stayed there in May bank holiday for 11 days – first time to Turkey. There are two hotels in one complex – "resort" = by the beach – "golf and Spa" = just before it…..we stayed in the Golf.

here are the good things.

Rooms - we were originally put in the bungalows in the resort side but I thought it was a bit cramped for a double and two single beds and zircon seemed a bit pathetic , so we moved to the newer golf side and had no complaints as it was much much bigger and newer, but yes its a 5 minute walk to the beach but there are occasional free buggies going in between. The golf does have a nice indoor/outdoor pool and food is the same with a nice patio area for alfresco dining in a wooded area. There are also some first floor rooms which have a pool outside – nice if you can get them.
Very clean everywhere – never saw rubbish/outdoor toilets always clean
Hardly any bugs/mosies just a few lizards.
Very good outdoor furniture - very new and comfy – top tip there are some deep purple padded loungers and enormous purple cushions – find them near the beach in the morning makes for a very comfy day.
Never had a problem getting loungers and it was pretty full during half term .
Never saw drunks or football shirted yobs anywhere but I would say this hotel suits people 40-70 with kids/grandkids so teenagers would be more than a little disappointed and whilst Germans will still dance to some stuff that we would scratch our heads to, teenagers will be non plussed!
Pools were excellent – always clean as a whistle – slides all good. Simple stuff, around the pool is wood, which in non slip and a lot cooler – I'm sick of seeing people fall over with marble like surfaces next to water so again, a small thing but a nice touch.
Grounds are nice and well kept
Beach was better than I expected as the pics its looks very grey and course but it was nice enough but I'm a pool person – needs a swim up bar though.
Jetty was lovely nice breeze.
Good volleyball, archery, darts , Tennis, boule, etc
Food was generally of good quality – always something for everyone but yes its repetitive if there for two weeks and not much around to break up. The pool bars were better quality than I have had in 5* Tunisia , burgers/hotdogs/salads were actually edible etc
Illness? Nope, not one person I met was ill. The food is all prepared in mineral water as are the ice cubes so the thumbs up there.
We tried three Ala carte restaurants , you have to book and its the usual get their early near reception and they say you can't book up for later in the week but you can.
Mexican = very nicely presented but all courses seem to be smothered with the same hot chilli sauce so not good for the kids and over the top so kinda spoilt it
Italian – nice enough and a really nice setting
Chinese – it was so so (or should that be "Ah so"- sorry a little joke there!) but like all of them it makes a nice difference than doing the buffet thing every night and is recommended. With all of them you choose four courses.
Effe beer was nice
Rose wine was OK apparently , didn't try it myself - can't comment on White
Red wine a teeny bit screechy by itself but OK enough with food – top tip – I bought a copy of wine boxes in my luggage , its perfectly safe and is fine with the airlines – so that’s nice to have for a change or on the balcony at night. I took mine to the pool bar and they didn't mind
Cocktails ? Well yes a bit hit and miss but G&T were good enough. They also made some fruit cocktails live in front of view – very nice.
Football pitch near the beach was amazing – just an immaculate lawn that would put some pro clubs to shame and was a big hit with my boys aged 11 and 7 – became a good place to meet others as well.
Night time Entertainment – well this was actually good but we avoided some we thought would be in 5 different languages or that needed explaining and thus didn't appeal but good acrobats/shows etc
There are many keyboard players dotted around singing etc but after hearing "my way" for the 30th time that day I just wanted to throttle them….and I'm a keyboard player!
Golf nearby is amazing apparently but at £65+ a round it should be and it may just be too hot anyhow.

The things that could be improved in my opinion.

Language – this is a german chain that mainly has baltic/Russian/German speaking clientele – staff did speak English but occasionally you got to reception and they had to find someone and looked like frightened rabbits when you approached them.
Kids entertainment was pretty sparse and was mainly aimed at adults. To be fair they said this changed about this time now but they could have done some easy stuff to make it fun, so if your kids were not into sports like volleyball or the beach….they could get bored if you go earlier in the year like May.
Didn't seem to be much you can do locally and I wanted to do a boat trip or something but that meant quite a lot of expense just to get there as its pretty remote. This is my biggest complaint really. If you have transport fine, if not then you are a bit stuck or have some expense before you get somewhere. The local town is nothing much to excite anybody and its a cheap taxi fare £6 or something to get there.

Overall – no hesitation to recommend this hotel and indeed am looking the sister hotel near Side down the road next year. I am a pretty seasoned traveller and this was a very nice break, but just not one for families where the kids are English and 14-20. Just my five cents.

Room Tip: they the golf spa as its bigger and newer.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jon B
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have just returned from a 14 night holiday to the Zeynep Resort, Belek. We booked this holiday with Thomas Cook and were told the only rooms they could accommodate a family of 4 people in, were the bungalow rooms.

On our arrival we checked in and got to the bungalow rooms. (These are within small outbuildings dotted around the hotel grounds). The rooms were very basicly furnished and small. There was a double bed, a single bed and a fold away bed within the room. There was no space to move about. The air conditioning system was very noisy, had a stale water smell coming from it and gave out very little cool air. We complained to the reception and they immediately passed our complaint to the Thomas Cook Rep Jo. She then through the assistant hotel manager Merik got us upgraded to the Golf and Spa building of the hotel. We were travelling in a group with 2 other families and they also got upgraded to the newer hotel. On speaking to other families within the hotel, it appeared they had also been moved out of the bungalows and were given rooms at the Golf and Spa. I am sure the hotel know there is a problem with the air conditioning system in the bungalows. Unless they get refurbished and upgraded, I would not recommend these for high season or for a family of 4.

The Golf and Spa hotel was amazing, the rooms were larger and more modern with an excellent air conditioning system. The Lobby bar was welcoming, with the restaurant providing a great selection of food each night. The pools and slides were all lovely and there was never a problem getting a sunbed. The hotel entertainment crew have activities ongoing throughout the day ranging from pool games to football, archery, botcha, aqua aerobics. Alex and Luca were great, they really worked hard to make peoples holiday fun. They are a real asset to the entertainment team and hotel.

The Assistant Manager Merik and Guest Relations Manager Erdinc were very helpful and had a nice manner to them. They were totally geared towards customers satisfaction and opinion and appeared to focus on meeting peoples needs, so they would return year after year. It was nice to feel this valued as a customer.

The location of the hotel is slightly remote. Its is 3.5 mile from the small town of Kadriye, accessible by a local bus or taxi (£4.00). Belek is approx 5 miles away and is £10 return. There is no where to walk to, but the hotel has so much going on, we didn't leave other than for going to the markets or day trips.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anybody. I have travelled to many other hotels and have previously stayed at 5 star hotels in Lara Beach and Sarigerme in Turkey. This hotel, other than the bungalows, matches the standards and facilities of any of these hotels. It is clean, modern, the food quality and selection is good and it had a lovely relaxed feel to it, even although the hotel was full.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms in the Golf and Spa resort. They are larger and more adequate for families.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SIMOEdinburgh
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were a party of 6 ranging from 7 to 70 and stayed at this hotel for 11 nights from 13th June. From checking in to checking out we cant say a bad word about this hotel and would love to visit again next year (for 14 nights) We stayed in the resort Hotel for 2 nights before being given a move over to the Golf resort(the rooms were on the small side in the resort but still perfectly formed) We had a Duplex room with its own swim up pool at the golf side (all I can say is wow wow wow) amazing 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms etc absolutely huge. The food is fantastic and you can eat all day if you want to my little girl thought she'd died and gone to heaven when at 4.30pm they opened the cake buffet (vast tasty selection diferent every day) My fussy son was delighted that made to order pizzas were available every day too. We have varied tastes in our party and we all managed to eat extremely well. Drinks were very good too my daughter loved the childrens cocktails made after the mini disco.
You do have to watch the other people in the hotel(foreigners) as they dont believe in queueing but if you point it out to them or tell the bar staff they dont get served.
We managed to get 6 beds around the main activity pool every day it was never a problem as towels were only put down when people sat on the beds (never reserved early) The pool guys are great and get mats and brolleys for you.
The towel changing is a great facility its lovely to have feresh towels every day.
Beach is lovely again with lots of beds and brolleys and the jetty is lovely
Staff are absolutely lovely so so friendly and go out of their way to be freindly with you.
Only downside is the kids club my daughter was the only english child there and as the kids club staff didint speak much English she didnt like it.
The entertainment staff were amazing with my son, soon learing his name and allowing him to join in with some of the adult games (there wernt many teenagers around) Thank You.
If you are there for Gala night- wow its amazing
Tip= go for 7pm get your table, relax have a drink or two before going for food this way the queue dies down allowing you to access the food easily- what a amazing night.
WE would love to come back to this hotel again as its easily the best hotel we've stayed in.

NOTE FOR MANAGEMENT-- we have emailed your Hotel twice now trying to obtain a price for next year as we would like to book again but so far nobody has replied to our email

Room Tip: I think the Golf hotel has the biggest rooms so ask for a upgrade but in all honesty everbody I spok...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family