“conditions for a solid 4 star hotel”

Crystal Tat Beach Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have nothing special about to complain, but it was also nothing special to impress me.
We were there with our baby, and had all facilities we needed (bed for the kid, food, sandy beach, all areas reachable with the buggy). This hotel is big, but quiet, you can relax, enough variety of food.
Some rooms with have just partially sea view, even when you have bought a sea view, so you have to struggle a little, to get a good sea view.
Not much to do in the surroundings, so when you are here to relax, it s ok, otherwise you can easely get bored.
The majority of the guests are eastern europeans, much of them with less table maners and much of them don t know the rules in a spa area.
Conclusion: nothing remarcable, nothing special to complain about.

Room Tip: as you said, ”add a tip”.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Hans074
CrystalHotelsTR, Genel Müdür at Crystal Tat Beach Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your review following your stay.

As Crystal Hotels Resorts & Spa, our best goal is renew with each passing day to higher level of service and praise to our quality of service. In this direction as a management, we believe that your valuable compliants, criticisms and suggestions will make a positive contribution in our work, or show us that we are on the right course.

We would like to inform you that your contribution has been sent directly after its publication to our management. Due to technical reasons, we are only now possible to inform you of the receipt of your review.

We hope that you will give us one more time your trust and we welcome you again in one of our hotels.

Ali BALABAN

Write a ReviewReviews (2,665)

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Moved here for new year after a distrastrous four days in Fantasia Kemer. What a difference. Management and staff were amazing and couldnt do enough for you. The food was of a very high standard in the main restaurant and the chef kept a very close eye on everything. The New Year Gala evening was one of the best we had attended, considering the amount of people that had to be catered for the food was superb and was served with military precision.
The hotel was maintained to a high standard with management everywhere.
Highly recommended to spend christmas and new year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Terry M

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for one week and I enjoyed it! Very good staff. Fantastic food (lots of choices, international and Turkish style, and I was most impressed that the chef was supervising every single meal!)
Room was ok, but not great, but the bed and the shower stall was excellent. Room size is a bit on the small side.
Beach and sun beds are very clean, and I loved the quiet atmosphere now in low season!

Room Tip: Land view rooms are quieter!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
10  Thank mbaka

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is the first time when I get in this country and hotel, my expectations were not very positive when I decide with my family to spend 1 week in this resort, but..........surpriseee!!!=
I ll describe in few words and then you decide if you like what you hear.
I was with my kid, she is 2 years old and I was looking for a hotel which can be clean and have good food so I dont get my child sick.
Anyway, since I arrived at the hotel everthying was ok, we had no problems.
The room was large, clean and I must mention the sheets VERY CLEAN, I am very strict with cleaning because I have a child. The whole bathroom was very clean too. The room has AC, the balcony is small but who can tell me that someone spends time in this as long as you have pools and sea.
The food was CLEAN, I never found something strange or bad in the food. It was tasty and good.
Another point I want to mention is that in one evening we wanted to give pasta with cheese to my child and we wanted a good sauce for this and there were few sauces but not what we needed. I asked the head of hall if there is a sauce for pasta and maybe I dont see it.
He was very nice and very helpful with us. He heped us very fast, he took out of the kitchen 2-3 cookers and told me to explained to them what I need. They asked me to tell them exactly what kind of sauce I want so they can make it very fast. They asked me if I want it black, red, white or something else. In a word, they did it fast and it was so good that my whole family ate pasta in that evening. After that evening the same man - head of hall asked us every day if we need something again so he can help us and if we were pleased and we thank him every time he came to us to ask. Very nice of him, thank YOU again !!!!
SOME food (not all) was same in the next day.
The pools were clean, the people who work there are nice but yes, they dont speak at all english or some of them speak english but not very good and because of this we couldnt communicate much.
My english is not perfect , at least I can have a good conversation with someone about everthying.
The beach has blue flag, its sand, there is very little part with small rocks close to water but thats not bad because it was clean and as I said, rocks are very very small. in the water is sand too.
They have a pool for kids, close to pool, they have food for kids, toilets for kids and a place for kids to have fun.
The hotel is good for everybody, for people with friends, family, honey moon.
Everybody must know one thing, in this world people are diffrent, people have diffrent opinions, no place in this world can please everybody. Even you go to a 7 stars hotel, you cant say everybody will be pleased, I know people who dont like hotels like the one from Saudi Arabia, the luxury one of 7 stars, why? because if its a luxury hotel that doesnt mean its for all luxury tastes, it can be nice luxury or luxury with bad taste.
5 stars hotels are very diffrent all over, even all of them MUST have common services.
You must think countries are diffrent and prices are diffrent.
If you pay no more than a 900-100 euros for a 5 stars hotel for 2 adults I dont think thats a big price according with many 5 stars hotels. If someone expects luxury, should go to a luxury hotel, so should pay more.
I only want to say that the price is very good with what they offer. In Turkish are 5 stars hotels where you pay 5000 euros or more and there is MAYBE what you want.

I am pleased about this hotel because I didnt pay much at all and it was good. If I want luxury I look for another hotel.

I must say the towels from room were clean but old. If they can renew the towels from time to time, that would be better.

I dont think you must believe the bad opinions about this hotel, just read between lines, see exactly what are the most important things and get the conclusion.

As a general classification, we had a good experience and we reccomand you this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michaela2012_12

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Just returned from Turkey. First trip with our 1y1m old baby. Hotel exceeded our expectations. Spacious room, great service, good choice of dishes in the main restaurant. Nice territory. Sandy beach. Very comfortable for families with children.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank dary_12

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Good animation program with different sports and funny contents, large pool for adults and 2 small ones for children. For kids there is also a special play-ground.
A big plus is for their large and nice garden. Clean sandy beach.
The food is excellent- tasty and diversified.

Now, things that can be improved:
- The rooms are large but needs refurbishment.
- SPA services.
- English language - very poor – in the reception and in SPA centre.
- All inclusive: chapter Drinks- usually when you dream at your perfect holiday the common image is you on the beach with a coloured and iced cocktail glass. In Barcelo you’ll drink a “cocktail” from a small plastic tumbler.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DaniLorincz

Reviewed November 1, 2011

The Barcelo hotel is big with around 1.000 beds. It lies close to a sandy/pebbly beach and has a rather large pool. The hotel is a bit run down and should need a refresh. Present repairs are many times ugly done. Staying at the hotel you do not have the five start feeling. It is more like a rather cheap three star hotel. You miss the beauty down to details that you expect from a five star hotel.

Our room was very good (3201). We had a nice see view even though we had not paid extra for “sea-view”. We also had a much larger “balcony” than our friends next door. The room even included a large safety box without extra charge.

Wi-Fi is “only” available in the lobby. “Only” because we were lucky. In our room we had access to the free Wi-Fi from the surrounding hotels. In the bed I had fair access to one hotel and in the bathroom I had perfect access to another. Sometimes you are lucky.

Service varies a lot. Sometimes it is fun and engaged. But most of the time it is sloppy without any finesse. Particularly during breakfast it fails tremendously. You have to yourself try to find cups and cutleries. On the other hand they come and take your plate before you finish. Some of the guys were really nice. But I think this is a management problem. The staff really does not know what a customer expects.

The “all-inclusive” is a joke. A big joke. During breakfast you have to pay to get a freshly pressed glass of orange use. Woa – that is even included in the breakfast on my regular three star hotel back home. Same at the bar. Only 10 out of 45 listed alcoholic items are free. The other 35 you have to pay for. You also have to pay the same price as all other guests, who have not paid for “all-inclusive.

Yes, the “all-inclusive” is a big joke. Even ice-cream is only included a few hours a day. And the included wines are horrible. Much worse than €1/liter Languedoc wines. If you have any feeling for wine – get the €25 bottles from the trolley (not included of course).

The hotel has three restaurants. The big buffet hall and two ala carte restaurants. With “all-inclusive” you can once a week book one of the restaurants. Do that – if you can find a table. The big buffet restaurant is horrible. It is so noisy. Hard floors, hard walls and hard roofs play an important role in this. The restaurant really needs sound insulation in the roof and on the walls as well as some screens. Take a table outside is possible.

The food in the buffet restaurant is varied and there are many courses to choose from. But these are not up to European standards. Far from it. The only thing almost up to European standard are the fried eggs ;-( The food seemed to be a failed try to make Europeanized Turkish food. The vegetables however were very good.

The beach is OK. It is pebbly. Not in the way of a Sussex beach. Here you have nice sand. But on the way to the water you have to cross a stretch with pebbles. They are softly rounded by the sea, so this is not a problem. The problem is shortly after you enter into the water. There is another stretch of pebble that makes getting into or out of the water problematic for elderly or disabled. So take care.

This was our first stay in Belek/Antalya. But we have been to many many other resorts in the countries around the Mediterranean. Compared to these I cannot recommend this hotel. What really drags down the impression is the “non-inclusive”, the quality of the food and the quality of service.

Kjell K

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kjellkri
GMBarceloTatBeach, Manager at Crystal Tat Beach Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Dear Mr. Kjellkri,

First of all, thank you very much for your comments and for choosing us to enjoy your holidays.

In reference about your opinion of breakfast service, we are really sorry because everyday cups and cutleries are on the tables ready for all our customers and if they are not there, any of our staff will bring it immediately and replace properly. This is a isolated problem and will not occur again. F&B managers have been informed to double check this issue.

Also we would like to inform you that the beaches with pebbles are similar around Belek area. Usually there are not so many pebbles but October storms have brought many to the shore.

Of course, all your comments will help us to improve much more in the future.

Paul Migueiz