“best yet” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 88 Hotels in Belek
manchester
“best yet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

this is the best hotel we have ever stayed at. Fantastic staff, ( not overbearing like in some places) great choice of food, from self service to al-a-carte. Top notch facilities.(Note For the British.) When you go to the chinese retaurant, don't order bits and pieces of for a 'mixy' like we did, you get a full portion of everything, so enbarrissing!, Italian was fantastic. Also beware of the wide water slide, one of our party was injured on it, you can't stay straight. The entertainment was superb, Sadly missed the once a fortnight 'gala' night but was told it is a great event.
Unusaully the all inclusive drinks include braned names as i discovered when i ordered a Chevas Regal whiskey.

Room Tip: insist on a pool view, then you get a sea view as well
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank pangmansdad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Returned early this morning and what an amazing week spent in beautiful surroundings! Definitely worthy of all 5 stars, unable to fault this hotel and fantastic hospitality. We traveled with 2 close friends and whilst our husband's played a few rounds of golf my friend and I lapped up the luxury of the spotlessly clean pool area. Food faultless, gala evening spectacular, rooms spacious, staff lovely, really first class holiday.. can't wait to return!

1 Thank sally c
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I found this hotel to be extremely beautiful, especially compared to what I expected. The staff were very gallant and nice, and constantly willing to help out with anything. When arriving there, the check in went quickly, and the room was amazing, and in utmost state of cleanliness. I had a small problem in the room but upon notice that was immediately taken care of...
The facilities were top class and you probably won't be able to find any finer hotel in the south of Turkey, a definite recomment for couples by the way!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank XtremeTravel
Sudbury Suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Just returned from a week's stay at Cornelia De Luxe. After reading reviews before going we had high hopes and were not disappointed. This is a beautiful resort, well maintained, clean and spacious.

We had a sea view room in the main hotel block which was lovely - a really good size and the bathroom area is well laid out. Mini bar is free and restocked every day with a couple of beers and several choices of soft drinks - including water. The Safe is also free - we were concerned by a review where a guest stated he'd had money taken, but we had no problems, the safe in our room was an electronic combination, which you set yourself before using for the first time so it's difficult to understand how someone else could have access. My only niggles with the room were that part of the wall to the hotel corridor is glass brick, which is a lovely feature, however it does let the light in from the corridor so take an eye mask if you need it very dark to sleep, the other issue is that the bed is VERY hard - to the point that both my partner and I had a few aches and pains - I did find I got used to this though - or maybe the alcohol helped me sleep !

Which brings me to food and drink - we had intended to try one of the five Al a carte restaurants but didn't get round to it. The main buffet restaurant is fantastic - loads of lovely choice, I never had the same two days running, there was always hot soup and fresh bread, a huge selection of salads and wide range of meat and fish dishes. Some dishes appeared everyday - basics such as spaghetti and bolognese sauce, fries, creamed potatoes and boiled veg (labelled the diet counter!) otherwise there was a wide variety each night and my only grumble was that there often wasn't much choice of hot vegetable dishes. After dinner the Olea bar gets busy before the entertainment starts but for those who aren't bothered about watching, tables clear when people move to the theatre for the live show. We found cocktails were better at the Olea than the Daphne so tended to stay here in the eve/night and go to the Daphne during the day. The Celestine bar is a lovely place to end an eve (closes at midnight), does an amazing hot chocolate and Irish coffee! The disco bar has lots of potential if you want a taste of the club scene - however no-one else was there the night we visited so we didn't stay long !

You can eat at the Daphne bar by the pool side - hot snacks such as chicken, fish (be warned arrives complete with head!), pizza, salad bar. This is a lovely environment, lots of tables in the shade or sun if you prefer.

If you are hoping for a late check out, don't rely on it. this can't be requested until your final day and then it depends on how full the hotel is - we were unable to get a late check out despite not being due to leave the hotel till 9.30pm. It is worth getting a courtesy room, they are as well equipped as the main rooms just smaller and have a shower, toilet, bed, sofa and air conditioning - could have done with a bit longer but these are only available for half hour slots, however it was enough for a quick freshen up and change.

Money - our local Thomson shop advised us to take Turkish Lira, however I wish we had ignored this as everything was priced in Euros (in hotel and airport) and we had to ask for conversions.

Several other reviews mention noise from the next door hotels and they did play music loudly but for us this added to the holiday atmosphere and wasn't intrusive - we could very faintly hear a bass beat a couple of nights in our room, but it didn't disturb us and it wasn't every night.

Staff were on the whole friendly and attentive - it was a little hit and miss at times, some were more outgoing than others, but all were polite and helpful. Some nights we waited longer than others for service, but we were in no rush , holidays are for relaxing and it was usually because they were busier and there was always the option of going to the bar ourselves. Bigger groups often got served quicker but I think this is just because they are more noticeable - we were always able to attract a waiters attention when we needed to.

The pools are gorgeous, lots of choice and we also spent time on the beach - lots of shade available and we never had any trouble getting sun beds, either on beach or poolside at any time of day.

Another reviewer mentioned lots of smokers and I noticed this too - it's a difficult issue and one the hotel can't do much about but smoking is allowed everywhere outside including eating areas which was a bit annoying as the smokers sitting near us didn't seem to be bothered that people around them were eating or that there were children near by.

We had an amazing week and would definitely consider going back !!

Room Tip: High up sea view rooms are lovely...
1 Thank Essie J
Billericay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Beautifully situated all inclusive luxury complex. Not sure how many stars it is, but it has everything you could possibly want so I am guessing it is five?

Very popular with golfers and there are a plethora of apparently very nice golf courses round and about. Personally I couldn't care less but my husband went with a group of 18 golfers for a week and raved about it all, so I am passing it on third hand. I flew out and joined him the following week and didn't set foot outside the hotel once. To be honest there is nothing to set foot outside into. Downtown Belek is about a mile or so away and you can get a shuttle "tractor trailer" type thing to take you there if you fancy it, but from what I hear it doesn't have much to recommend it. So.....back at the hotel.

Room - very nice. Spacious with all the usual bits and pieces plus a bit more. Well stocked mini-bar, nice toiletries, fluffy robes and slippers, free wifi etc. We had a partial sea view which in my opinion could have passed as a proper sea view, looking out over the hotel next door, which was actually a bit noisy in the early hours. Spotlessly clean, but the bed was a bit hard for me, enough to give me back ache for the first few days.

Food - you would be an extrememly fussy eater not to find something you like here. The main restaurant provided a very nice buffet offering, plus there were half a dozen other restaurants - Mediterranean, Oriental, Turkish, French, Italian and a BBQ (closed the week we were there) which you pay 10E per person extra for. Can recommend the Mediterranean one especially - lovely lovely meal. Oh and don't be afraid of ordering the Turkish wine either. I have to say my heart plummeted a bit when I saw a bottle being opened with a flourish at our table, but I have to take back my snobbishness. It's actually very palatable - and no extra charge. We worked out that there is onlly actually 1/2 an hour between 4.00 - 4.30 pm where you can't get a meal of some sort. And even then there is a patisserie place open, oh and room service of course. Take it from me you will waddle home.

Pool - there are three of them including on with waterslides, spa jets and an infinity pool. Plenty of beds to go round, in shade or out - we plumped for a couple set in a little garden with palm trees between the pool and the beach. Oh yes - hotel is right on the beach. Literally, down a few steps an you are there. Watch out for the nibbly fishes! Poolside bars very good too.

Entertainment - average I would say and the animation team were a bit strident for me. That's one of the reasons we settled for a sunbed in the garden away from the poolside which could be a bit loud. Evening entertainment - fine, but nothing special.

Other facilities - spa, fitness suite, tennis court etc. boutique, hairdresser. None of which I used. I barely moved from my sunbed.

Which brings me to the staff. Half of them obviously went on a different customer relations training course than the othe half. It was bizarre. Half of them fell over themselves to help you and the other half, whilst not exactly rude were at best inattentive and surly. The trouble was, you had to take a bit of pot luck which one you were going to get. The Guest Relations girls I have to say were excellent and would do their best to help.

So I have to say on the whole it was a wonderful hotel which could, with a few nips and tucks, be really extraordinary.

Room Tip: I would ask for a higher floor. The grounds have a lot of trees and in some of the lower floors the...
1 Thank HappyRachel
Leicester uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from 21st Sept 2012 till 28th Sept 2012.,as one of my family member strongly recommended that I should try this hotel for my next holiday.I can say honestly that We had a great time at this hotel for their Hospitality , Food , Location, Spacious property,Branded drinks, Six ala carte restaurants ,Fitness and spa center etc...list goes on. waiters always served with smiling faces.All staff were very good. special mention to Mr Haluk the manager and Mr. Yakup at the reception were very helpful. We will go again in future to spend our holiday at this hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms on third floor with a balcony
2 Thank ramnikvaru
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a fantastic hotel,the staff are outstanding,nothing is too much trouble,someone is at your elbow to get whatever you may require.The food is out of this world,something to suit any taste.A holiday experience not to be missed.

Room Tip: Rooms in the garden suites or junior suites are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends