“Great All Inclusive and lovely relaxing hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Gloria Golf Resort
Ranked #10 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Great All Inclusive and lovely relaxing hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed all-inclusive at the Gloria Golf Resort in June and overall had a wonderful week. On the plus sides the accommodation was lovely, we had a junior suite and would recommend upgrading to have that little bit extra space. The all-inclusive is the best we have ever experienced, it included dinner in each of the al a carte restaurants, these can be booked up to 3 days in advance and we had no problem getting into them. It also included a huge range of the cocktails which were fantastic. The food was very good. Usual issue with buffet evening meals is that you can end up eating strange combinations but we only ate in the buffet restaurant 3 evenings, as the others we ate in the al a carte restaurants. The whole hotel was kept very clean. Guest services were very helpful arranging golf and transfers, both the courses we played were excellent. There were a range of activities if you wanted to take part, a large range of board games to play or you can just relax. The only downside to the hotel was some of guests were very rude, pushing past you and hogging sun loungers that never seemed to be used. There were a lot of Russians in the hotel. The other slight issue was you could hear the evening entertainment in our room however it did always finish by midnight but a few nights it was disruptive as we needed to get up early to play golf (to avoid the midday heat!). Overall a wonderful holiday and I would recommend this hotel but definitely ask for a quiet room well away from the evening entertainment.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from evening entertainment
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MrsP187056

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have just returned from a two week holiday at Gloria Golf Resort and we really wanted to give the resort 5 stars.  The accomodation, entertainment, the excellent kids club, and the food was all wonderful.... in fact, save the grumpy Russian guests and the slight issue we had with the excessive prices in the 'shop' we would have had a wonderful family 5 star holiday with no negatives at all.  However, last week there was a problem with the hygiene in the pools and water slide area.  Within days our friends both had ear infections which required antibiotics from the on site doctor.  Myself, partner and our two boys 7 and 3 came down with sore throats with painful blisters appearing on my sons feet.  My partner then had a raging temperature for  24 hours and I have returned home with a dose of Hand, Foot and Mouth.....awful.  I wasn't familiar with this virus but another guest alerted me to it as her son was in bed at the resort with a bad case of it the night before we left and that the on site Doctor had told her it was a problem at the resort and very contagious.  The water slide area is small, with such an awful lot of traffic that we can only assume the issue lies there.   This virus is passed through saliva, mucus or faeces....sorry to be graphic but there you have it.  The cleanliness in all other areas of the hotel is amazing....cleaners constantly around, toilets everywhere BUT the pool areas are immaculate, kids club is spotless, eating areas are super clean....They need to sort this out as its such a shame.  Its tainted what would otherwise have been a top review but without guarantees from the hotel we would not go back again.

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank CharlieShayvard
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The resort is an ideal place for golf players. It is a part of gloria property which mean that you can fully enjoy golf possibilities of Gloria Golf Courses. There is a free shuttle every 15 minutes to golf course and you also have a discount there. (Free practice area and admission to driving range and discounts on driving range balls and fees).
Hotel is nice, a little bit older but not unclean or not in need of refurnishment. (If you want really new property book Golf Gloria Serenity). Rooms are big, clean and well equipped. There are many pools where you can swim. There is also a direct access to the see with a great sun terace on a ponton. Sunbeds are plastic but comfortable. Food is just average. There is a great range of the food but the taste could be better. Beverage offer is great including premium spirits and coctails.

If you go to Belek play golf I suggest one of Gloria hotel for sure!

Room Tip: Room in a small villas are nicer that in main building. But there is no sea view in villas.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pavel H
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

This place has everything you could want in a resort hotel. A good range of food, great entertainment in the evening and waterpark for the big kids IE my husband!
We had a lot of problems when we arrived because our travel agent had gone bust and unbeknown to us our room was cancelled! We only found out on arrival! It came as quite a shock I can tell you. The staff at the Gloria were not very helpful. It wasn't their fault at all but they had no empathy towards our situation and happily allowed us to wait in reception for 6 hours before letting us know the agency rep wasn't coming to see us.
Maybe it's an English thing but I would expect the member of staff giving us the bad news to say something like... "I'm really sorry to have to tell you this but..." followed with something reassuring like "don't worry, you will have a bed tonight for you and your 3 month old baby". However, all we got was the receptionist telling us it wasn't the hotels fault and they didnt know if there were any rooms available.
We eventually got a room but the attitude of the staff was really hit and miss the whole holiday. Some people were SO GRUMPY!
My father had a fall because the cleaner had left a lot of water on the marble floor in the toilets by the pool, he was badly hurt and the cleaner shrugged his shoulders and walked off. Didn't even help him up.
The spa was hit and miss too. I had a lovely Ayurvedic massage, my mum had the same massage but it was 15 minutes shorter than mine, and they missed one of her arms! Luckily I had had a good massage so we could make the comparison and ask for another massage for my mum.

Like I say in the title, this place looks great on paper, it has everything for a family but the people / staff can make or break a holiday and they certainly didnt make this one for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rlc16
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at the Gloria Golf resort on an all in golfing break and found not only excellent services
and food and facilities but acomodating and friendly staff. The front office staff and Guest relations team were extremely helpful ( and spoke multiple languages including Italian) and catered to our every request. We had a fabulous time and will return. The shows every evening were a bonus as were the specialty restaurants.

Room Tip: Opt for the all inclusive rates as even room service and mini bar are gratis. Upgrade to a pool view...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank giocant
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Generally I just love this hotel! We have spent here amazing 11 days with my husband and 2 kids (2 and 4 yrs old), this is our second time here and i think we could return next year. I think they can fix some minor issues, but in general hotel is very good for kids vacation. I would definitely warn singles and romantic from visit, because of this kind of kids-paradise-place, which could be really annoying for family without kids. Also a lot of Russians in this hotel now, but this is upper-middle Russians, which makes it less worse for other nationalities who hates russian-hotels )

Main buffet has normal food, nothing special if you compare to other Turkish hotels. I loved grill (usually served outside), my kids loved desserts and ice cream. They have special kid food corner on the main breakfast and also in kids club. Sometimes (rare) I have noticed dirty plates and spoons on the breakfast, so be careful when u take new one.

Also I think that as improvement they should make some kind of playground at main buffet, because otherwise a lot of kids are entertained with iPads by parents, and other ones don't know where to waste energy during parents dinner.

They also have a free food corner in the kids club, so u can go and feed kids here if u are HB. Food usually consist of soup and basics like potatos and sausages. Also they have different kind of baby food but we haven't used it. Also they have an ice cream but its usually closed so if u want u should go and ask for it.

Guest relation service

What have truly amazed me, is that you can order special food for your baby for free and they would deliver it recurrently in specified time. For example, we have ordered at the guest services 1littre of apple juice daily at 1830 and it was always in time in our room.

We have also ordered pampers in guest relation service and it was much more cheaper than in the shop next to reception (actually it was the price of the apoteke in belek, 35 liras), and they have delivered in 2 hrs.

I also asked for specific cleaning time for our room and it was cleaned daily in this time.

So I suggest go with any of your problem to guest relation, they are really good in resolving issues.

Kids clubs

They have 2 clubs: gogi kids club and gogi fun jungle.

First one is free, I liked to use it for food and also like their sport academy (its also free). We have been on gymnastics (930 am) and at swimming (1100). Trainers are great, and it seems they really love kids. They also have toys and several playgrounds inside a club, a lot of toys are broken but somehow we had always find something to play in )).

Second one is truly amazing in his facilities and costs 20 eur for day and 10 eur for evening (15 eur for 2 kids,but actually they hadn't billed us for second kid who was 2yrs old and stayed in club only with mom/dad. My 4yr daughter didn't want to leave until it was 23 00 ) First visit to the club is free, but u should take voucher to the reception in order to go.

Rooms

We lived family suites, which are pretty far from main buffet, but I really loved it because u should walk a lot after all those Turkish dinners and breakfasts ) We lived in spacious room, which is 80 square meters and ideal for family with 2 kids, because of 2 separate rooms and 2 bathrooms. Our room was on the 1st floor and I loved it, because it allowed kids to play with neighboors. Please don't take rooms with window to arena: we had it at first but relocated at the second day, because arena is really loud at evenings from 2030 to 2300.

Entertainment

I like kids activities at arena at 2030 and mini disco at 2100. They also have shows usually at 2145 at arena, and some of them are truly amazing (Troya, Fire of Anatolia). We take kids with us and usually ordered some juices at arena bar (it's free if u are all inclusive).

We also was at one party (qumquat?) at the pier and it was fun. One time we had come to insomnia (disco) when no party was here, and it was very sad: only several people inside, nobody dances. But I heard that things different when they had a thematic parties here (white party, angel party, ice party).

I loved and daily visited sport activities like pilates and yoga (must try, great place near the river), zumba and salsa lessons (really nice teacher and good cardio training) and aqua gym.

We also loved little train which goes at 9, 12 and 18. It's 40 minutes trip between all glorias, during which u understand the multimillion scale of gloria business and also its very picturesque ) Train has a convenient step in mini zoo, where u can find rabbits, flamingos and many other little funny creatures.

Swimming

We have been not many times on the sea. But when we go, we usually take bread to feed fish in the river near the sea (a lot of fish and crabs near bridge), go to trampoline near the sea and of course swim. Usually we take towels and free water in the bar near the sea. It would be great if they have been added guy, who serves drinks on the beach right near you, we have missed it. Also I don't like sea coast which is all stones, but this is common for all hotels in Belek.

We spend a lot of time near swimming pools. There are 2 main pools for little ones (one of them with slide and sand) and several large pools for other growing up people. They have a lot of aqua slides for all ages, my 4yrs old daughter loved them all and partuculary one with boat (must try!).

Photos

It sound crazy but every photo made by hotel photographer would cost u 16 usd. Better to use your own camera, but sometimes they do really nice shots so every time we spend 100 eur to it (

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Lyalius
Guernsey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have just returned from a 7 day break at the Gloria. 24 of us, 20 golfers and 4 non-golfers, enjoyed thoroughly, all the hotel had to offer - excellent service, friendly efficient staff, good food, a variety of food, clean tidy and well serviced rooms, ours was on the ground floor, and roomy bars in which to enjoy our "results get together" each evening.. As a non-swimmer myself, I relished cooling off in the shallower pools the hotel offers whilst the good swimmers enjoyed the "olympic pool". Children can have endless fun in the pool especially designed for their enjoyment. After days of sunbathing and or golfing, an evening spent in one the the many restaurants, outdoors or indoors, followed by thoroughly slick shows in the outdoor ampitheatre and a nightcap in one of the outdoor bars, a good nights sleep in our comfortable room rounded off perfect days.One tip - you may like to take shoes which will protect your feet as you enter the sea, there are lots of pebbles which can be uncomfortable to walk on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends