“Great on paper but just didn't feel right”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Gloria Golf Resort

Gloria Golf Resort
Ranked #10 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great on paper but just didn't feel right”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

This place has everything you could want in a resort hotel. A good range of food, great entertainment in the evening and waterpark for the big kids IE my husband!
We had a lot of problems when we arrived because our travel agent had gone bust and unbeknown to us our room was cancelled! We only found out on arrival! It came as quite a shock I can tell you. The staff at the Gloria were not very helpful. It wasn't their fault at all but they had no empathy towards our situation and happily allowed us to wait in reception for 6 hours before letting us know the agency rep wasn't coming to see us.
Maybe it's an English thing but I would expect the member of staff giving us the bad news to say something like... "I'm really sorry to have to tell you this but..." followed with something reassuring like "don't worry, you will have a bed tonight for you and your 3 month old baby". However, all we got was the receptionist telling us it wasn't the hotels fault and they didnt know if there were any rooms available.
We eventually got a room but the attitude of the staff was really hit and miss the whole holiday. Some people were SO GRUMPY!
My father had a fall because the cleaner had left a lot of water on the marble floor in the toilets by the pool, he was badly hurt and the cleaner shrugged his shoulders and walked off. Didn't even help him up.
The spa was hit and miss too. I had a lovely Ayurvedic massage, my mum had the same massage but it was 15 minutes shorter than mine, and they missed one of her arms! Luckily I had had a good massage so we could make the comparison and ask for another massage for my mum.

Like I say in the title, this place looks great on paper, it has everything for a family but the people / staff can make or break a holiday and they certainly didnt make this one for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank rlc16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at the Gloria Golf resort on an all in golfing break and found not only excellent services
and food and facilities but acomodating and friendly staff. The front office staff and Guest relations team were extremely helpful ( and spoke multiple languages including Italian) and catered to our every request. We had a fabulous time and will return. The shows every evening were a bonus as were the specialty restaurants.

Room Tip: Opt for the all inclusive rates as even room service and mini bar are gratis. Upgrade to a pool view...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank giocant
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Generally I just love this hotel! We have spent here amazing 11 days with my husband and 2 kids (2 and 4 yrs old), this is our second time here and i think we could return next year. I think they can fix some minor issues, but in general hotel is very good for kids vacation. I would definitely warn singles and romantic from visit, because of this kind of kids-paradise-place, which could be really annoying for family without kids. Also a lot of Russians in this hotel now, but this is upper-middle Russians, which makes it less worse for other nationalities who hates russian-hotels )

Main buffet has normal food, nothing special if you compare to other Turkish hotels. I loved grill (usually served outside), my kids loved desserts and ice cream. They have special kid food corner on the main breakfast and also in kids club. Sometimes (rare) I have noticed dirty plates and spoons on the breakfast, so be careful when u take new one.

Also I think that as improvement they should make some kind of playground at main buffet, because otherwise a lot of kids are entertained with iPads by parents, and other ones don't know where to waste energy during parents dinner.

They also have a free food corner in the kids club, so u can go and feed kids here if u are HB. Food usually consist of soup and basics like potatos and sausages. Also they have different kind of baby food but we haven't used it. Also they have an ice cream but its usually closed so if u want u should go and ask for it.

Guest relation service

What have truly amazed me, is that you can order special food for your baby for free and they would deliver it recurrently in specified time. For example, we have ordered at the guest services 1littre of apple juice daily at 1830 and it was always in time in our room.

We have also ordered pampers in guest relation service and it was much more cheaper than in the shop next to reception (actually it was the price of the apoteke in belek, 35 liras), and they have delivered in 2 hrs.

I also asked for specific cleaning time for our room and it was cleaned daily in this time.

So I suggest go with any of your problem to guest relation, they are really good in resolving issues.

Kids clubs

They have 2 clubs: gogi kids club and gogi fun jungle.

First one is free, I liked to use it for food and also like their sport academy (its also free). We have been on gymnastics (930 am) and at swimming (1100). Trainers are great, and it seems they really love kids. They also have toys and several playgrounds inside a club, a lot of toys are broken but somehow we had always find something to play in )).

Second one is truly amazing in his facilities and costs 20 eur for day and 10 eur for evening (15 eur for 2 kids,but actually they hadn't billed us for second kid who was 2yrs old and stayed in club only with mom/dad. My 4yr daughter didn't want to leave until it was 23 00 ) First visit to the club is free, but u should take voucher to the reception in order to go.

Rooms

We lived family suites, which are pretty far from main buffet, but I really loved it because u should walk a lot after all those Turkish dinners and breakfasts ) We lived in spacious room, which is 80 square meters and ideal for family with 2 kids, because of 2 separate rooms and 2 bathrooms. Our room was on the 1st floor and I loved it, because it allowed kids to play with neighboors. Please don't take rooms with window to arena: we had it at first but relocated at the second day, because arena is really loud at evenings from 2030 to 2300.

Entertainment

I like kids activities at arena at 2030 and mini disco at 2100. They also have shows usually at 2145 at arena, and some of them are truly amazing (Troya, Fire of Anatolia). We take kids with us and usually ordered some juices at arena bar (it's free if u are all inclusive).

We also was at one party (qumquat?) at the pier and it was fun. One time we had come to insomnia (disco) when no party was here, and it was very sad: only several people inside, nobody dances. But I heard that things different when they had a thematic parties here (white party, angel party, ice party).

I loved and daily visited sport activities like pilates and yoga (must try, great place near the river), zumba and salsa lessons (really nice teacher and good cardio training) and aqua gym.

We also loved little train which goes at 9, 12 and 18. It's 40 minutes trip between all glorias, during which u understand the multimillion scale of gloria business and also its very picturesque ) Train has a convenient step in mini zoo, where u can find rabbits, flamingos and many other little funny creatures.

Swimming

We have been not many times on the sea. But when we go, we usually take bread to feed fish in the river near the sea (a lot of fish and crabs near bridge), go to trampoline near the sea and of course swim. Usually we take towels and free water in the bar near the sea. It would be great if they have been added guy, who serves drinks on the beach right near you, we have missed it. Also I don't like sea coast which is all stones, but this is common for all hotels in Belek.

We spend a lot of time near swimming pools. There are 2 main pools for little ones (one of them with slide and sand) and several large pools for other growing up people. They have a lot of aqua slides for all ages, my 4yrs old daughter loved them all and partuculary one with boat (must try!).

Photos

It sound crazy but every photo made by hotel photographer would cost u 16 usd. Better to use your own camera, but sometimes they do really nice shots so every time we spend 100 eur to it (

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Lyalius
Guernsey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have just returned from a 7 day break at the Gloria. 24 of us, 20 golfers and 4 non-golfers, enjoyed thoroughly, all the hotel had to offer - excellent service, friendly efficient staff, good food, a variety of food, clean tidy and well serviced rooms, ours was on the ground floor, and roomy bars in which to enjoy our "results get together" each evening.. As a non-swimmer myself, I relished cooling off in the shallower pools the hotel offers whilst the good swimmers enjoyed the "olympic pool". Children can have endless fun in the pool especially designed for their enjoyment. After days of sunbathing and or golfing, an evening spent in one the the many restaurants, outdoors or indoors, followed by thoroughly slick shows in the outdoor ampitheatre and a nightcap in one of the outdoor bars, a good nights sleep in our comfortable room rounded off perfect days.One tip - you may like to take shoes which will protect your feet as you enter the sea, there are lots of pebbles which can be uncomfortable to walk on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 4TravellersGuernsey
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Cannot fault the resort, spotless, food excellent, staff friendly, on all inclusive deal, really worth it, would recommend to try.
Eight of us in party and all have the same opinion of the place, that is a first. Gloria golf courses good as well, Gloria New is
Better in our opinion.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank John R
cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I agree with most said about this nice hotel.Came in Sept for 3 rounds of golf on the lovely courses.
Travelled with 3 other couples .Great hotel, very geared to children .Lovely staff ,excellent food ,and comfortable rooms.
After our golf in the mornings we were looking forward to a nice peaceful afternoon by the pool .Sadly spoilt by booming ,loud music ,which was obvious several guest found very intrusive ,one was actually seen wearing ear plugs !!
Certainly would recommend to families ,but next time we will try another hotel ,along this lovely coast .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jill g
Ascot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I tend to always be let down by "5 star" All Inclusives but still put myself through the hell in the vain hope that one day we do find a TRUE 5 Star. Well, as All Inclusives go, this resort got as close to keeping me happy as anywhere I have been! We travelled as a family of 2 adults and 2 teenage boys (16 and 13) and booked into one of the 2 bedroom family suites. Whilst not exactly huge, they were nicely furnished and clean. The bathrooms were small but you dont tend to spend alot of time in there with 40 degree heat!

The grounds were gorgeous around the suite as was the dedicated pool area for the family suites with fabulous all inclusive bar and superb staff. The grounds and landscape gardens elsewhere were also beautifully manicured. The walk to the sea through the grounds was always lovely, walking alongr the cute wooden bridge with drawbridge in the middle over the river to be met by beautiful sands and inviting sea! The platform out to see was an ideal location to get out of the very hot sand and relax over the sea, taking a dip into water warmer than a bath! Having a bar on the platform was a godsend !

The main hotel pools were ideal for my children who we didnt see during the day, with them escaping to the Water Slides (great for any age, including old me!) and playing pool games and table tennis and anything else with the fantastic staff. They cannot be faulted. The staff at every level were a superb credit to the hotel.

The meals in the main were lovely. Our best meals being taken at the A La Carte restaurants rather than the buffet. The International restaurant served delicious chinese food, as a good a standard as any high quality London restaurant. A hidden gem is the fact that you can get sushi made to order at the bar near the International restaurant and it tastes devine!

The buffet was on the whole pretty good with a very large selection of choice. One of the buffet areas allowed you to choose a dish on display which would be made fresh by the chefs but quite often they got this wrong and we either didnt get out dish or had to wait for ages. But it didnt spoil too much. My 2 teenagers seemed to enjoy endless trips to the buffet (and it is the first time I have ever seen a plate of food with a selection of nicely cooked meats, of course NO vegetables and a chocolate cake on the side of the same plate!).

The evening entertainment was fabulous - the ampitheatre shows, whilst expecting karaoke type performances were of the highest standards, equivalent to mini West End productions and the Gloria Pub in the evening a great place for the adults to chill and listen to some great in-house bands.

We did walk along the beautiful promenade to the Serenity next door a couple of times to have a lazy delicious lunch at the Italian and the Route 66 restaurant. Again food excellent, staff amazing,.

We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place to those travellers who are sick of being disappointed all the time when hopig to get a quality 5 star resort. This is a fabulous place.

Footnote: for families with younger children, the facilities are pretty AMAZING with a self contained fabulous fun area expertly staffed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family