“Great facilities, horrible staff”

TUI SENSIMAR Belek Resort & Spa
Ranked #59 of 87 Hotels in Belek
Lisbon
“Great facilities, horrible staff”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This hotel has great facilities, I can't deny that
Big and nice outdoor pool, indoor pool, spa, sauna, the beach is also great although peebly
The buffet food is not bad, but after the second day it gets repetitive
Unfortunately this is where the good news end
The staff of this hotel is rude and horrible, they don't know the first thing about customer service, it's like they have picked a bunch of guys from the street, gave them a uniform and told them where to work
You won't get a smile from most of them, and they serve you like they are doing you a favour, it's so bad to the point I have to think hard if I really want to order that drink, or go to the restaurant for some food
The notion of ultra all inclusive also makes me laugh, you won't get anything to eat between 4 and 6:30 pm, or after 9 pm, not even a sandwich, unless you pay for it
There is also some ridiculous policies, like Twice a week they have special dinners instead of the buffet to which you are obliged to comply, unless you don't want to eat. For example in the Open Air Dinner everyone has to seat in round tables with other guests in a dinner that starts at 7 pm. Planning to eat at 8 pm? Too bad, no food for you
This is without a doubt the worse hotel in terms of service I have ever been, and I have been in quite a few
Please stay clear from this hotel otherwise you are just throwing money out the window

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank jmendeslx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
De Pinte, Belgium
Reviewed January 14, 2014

my first ever, lay down and do absolutly nothing holiday!
It way perfect, very clean pool, polite staff, super food.

We had the swim up room and it totally rocked! get up in the morning, step onto the terrace and just dive in whilst others had to reserve their seat by the pool.

Room Tip: Get a swim-up room! No more getting up early to reserve a place by the pool, just get up and dive ri...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Arne D
Mersin, Icel, Turkey
Reviewed November 17, 2013

just returned from a week Scherwood draems en sensi mar two excellent hotels and resort very nice and clean hotel the food was excellent.en I had never experienced before had a general maneger Mr. ersin linen tables neatly afruimde.voor pretty good example and motivation to staff and customers. handsome this
We'll be back this is a must
franky greetings from belgium

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frank d
Manchester
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week 8/10/13 and had a great time. Sensimar Belek is a small hotel adults only complex and yes probably not a five star but it definately deserves a 4+. The staff were friendly and very accomodating, there was always a good selection of HOT food and in particular the chefs outside by the pool do a great job on the stir fries and bbq. The hotel was spotless, rooms cleaned every day and the pools and gardens were well maintained and very clean. The hotel is quite a distance from Belek itself so very little to do in the evening apart from the hotel entertainment which was average. Yes, the pool was cold but what you have got to bear in mind is that it is the end of the season, the weather the previous week had been cold but during our stay we had temperatures 30+ so when you hit the pool it was chilly. No doubt there are bigger and better hotels in Belek eg. Rixos, but then you would probably be paying double the price for week and to be quite honest I doubt that the Rixos is perfect!!... Would we return - Yes!. A really big thank you to all the staff at the Sensimar Belek for making our stay an enjoyable one. Well Done!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MadgeManchester
leeds
Reviewed October 17, 2013

this was our 4th time to turkey we have stayed at the rixos in belek also the titannic and mirical resorts in lara beach all better and bigger hotels.first i will start with the greeting we got as we pulled up to the hotel on sunday 6th oct 10 30pm a porter came to us as we came through the doors and sent us to the reception desk a very little desk in the corner them the reception guy checked us in let us look at our room we said no we did not want to stay in this room as it looked out on to a massive water slide right outside the front of the entrance yes over the front entrance of a 5 star hotel so after looking at a better room we said ok we will have this one we had a nice side sea view on the 4th floor .then we went to have some late supper at 11pm we only had to offer soup bread cheese and dry bread so we had nothing the other hotels had big buffets at supper time so we went to bed we just thought lets hope it will be better in the morning. we woke up to a lovely sunny day and had great weather all week the room was nice.the food was only average the staff were nice the beach was nice the pool area was nice but the water was very cold no body was swimming so dont book a swim up bungalow you wont use it this hotel was just ok for the week but for us it was just because the weather was nice we would not stay at the sensimar again as we know that turkey has a lot more better 5 star hotels

Room Tip: high floor full or side sea view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 123pat2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Article is being written while my girlfriend is in bed with a health issue that's arouse but of course we can not and will not say that it has came from this hotel as we can not prove this.

Yes this is long but WILL help you understand what goes on here and may save money

Well this review is an account of "our" experiences as they are happening and is written at breakfast time in the resort.

(When choosing room CHOOSE the swim up room as Jacuzzi does not warrant more or same price as we are now on the fourth floor after having a room were you could only fit a chair on it)

We flew with Monarch on 14/09/13 at 3pm which we didn't leave till around 4:15 / 4:30pm due to us sitting on the run way because they had "Lost" our slot to leave BUT we arrived boarded at the correct time if not before thus we and probably wondering why we didn't even get as much as complimentary drink for us sitting there for a long period of time.

So we arrived at Antalya airport and was then stood readying for the payment to Turkey and once paid we left the airport and got a Taxi were we paid around £50 due to the distance which I found outrageous but you can use this for a cheaper price "VIA Transfer" and it's on the numbers:

Www.viaturizm.com
1. 00905416928272 (24hr Tel)
2. 00902424631234 (Normal Tel)
We will change this if they are not reliable when we leave

When you get outside the area on first examination you see it's a slightly run down due to lack of money spent on using the amazingly well designed "Empty" shops which is a shame, if these shops were used maybe people would flock to them to purchase items.
On the approach to the hotel you see the amazingly beautiful hotels that are all around the area which at first makes you feel very happy on your choice to the Sensimar.

As your arrive to the hotel you are greeted by a warm welcome which is always a very nice "touch" and are told to leave your bags and we needed to fill in a form regarding information.

Once we did this we went and seen what the "Late Night Snack" was, on inspection we noticed that there were only 5/6 plates well presented with a very small amount of food on. So once we had the "Bread, Ham and sad looking veg/salad" we headed back up stairs to the reception to be given the room keys which was room 2208.

Room 2208
So we arrived at the room to the most FOULEST smell possible that we could only describe as stagnant water, then we noticed that the wallpaper around the jacuzzi was peeling from the area surrounding the bath and we noticed the smell came from there after a while.
The room was NOT at all the room they show on the website and please DO NOT think its the rooms above the swim up room as they are LAKE house rooms and can not be purchased from the MONARCH website when purchasing from them. This room has TWO T.Vs that use the same remote and describes itself as a "HDMI" TV and on inspection you notice the HDMI slot has been removed or so your lead to believe, you then turn it on and you notice from the start that the Picture on THIS room is terrible unless you move the aerial at the back it looks like your watching an episode of homes in the snow.TV's are set so that you CAN'T set the volume past the designated volume (Hotel Mode Disgraceful) which is for the purpose of not being to loud for neighbours but found it strange as when you hear the toilet /showers and any overly loud(ish) noises could be heard easy through the walls.
The rooms were extremely hot since the aircon is NOT at all acceptable due to the way in which they have it setup. They have the aircon on a dial which you set to your preference but what you DON'T get told before you come is its OFF for a set period (6hrs if I'm correct) and when it's been over 30 all day and the room isn't constantly cooled the room will of course be extremely warm due to surrounding rooms thus when you come in you struggle to cool the room enough to make it comfortable.

The minibar needed stocking and we contacted them about this and along with the aircon issue all in all it took seven hrs minimum for them to come to the room and clean the aircon/turn TV sound up and to stock mini bar.

On the second day we went to the dinning room only to be told that we was restricted from entering the dinning room and a person who calls himself a "Chief" at one point told me to "Go to bed and order room service" after he wanted me to "Go purchase" clothing to met their requirements for entry but I explained to him and his entourage that "I will be damned if I will buy new clothes for eating in their" , now I can see people wondering about this but imagine - I bought this holiday package and on THERE site it does NOT state we need special clothing to eat thus this is MONARCHS /Sensimar Beleks error due to not stating this on website and would allow me to make choice if I want to go.

We had to go upstairs and order room service and sit and wait for two meals to arrive and if I'm completely honest they looked like no effort went into the preparing of the food.
We contacted Cosmos due to them being the REP(Andrea)for MONARCH while we are here and she went out of her way to speaking to the manager about it.

The manager sat down with us and told us he would move us to a lovely room the following day, so we took it that we would finally get a room we should expect due to the room we seen, we went to the BEACH bar for food and it was ok for what it is.

The following day we moved and we gotta room that looked like the room we paid for but still wasn't told how to pay for LAKE house roof rooms - it's like they don't exist even though I can see them.

Room Two (1423)

We arrived to this room and same issue Aircon/minibar and TV - this time I contacted Cosmos office and explained what had gone on and they was NOT helpful why I don't know but they just asked what was wrong and did nothing about it except talk to me about and then I contacted Cosmos rep (Andrea) who couldn't do much else.

They had sent Fruit and some other silly items thinking that it would "soften the blow" but the funny thing is its all FREE what they sent me

1. Champagne which was fizzy apple juice ( Still fruit juice is FREE)
2. Assorted Nuts (Free)
3. Fruit Bowl (Free)
4. Three bowls of sorted dried fruits/chocolate buttons (5of) (Free)

Nothing free as we're ALL INCLUSIVE thus free is free

That night we went for food and to my amazement it was Blue and White night and was asked (if possible) to wear colours (Weird) and went in the room to see mainly fish dishes and also food choices that don't make sense at all. So we left room after eating what we could possibly eat and decided to order room service - when you order you get what THEY want to give you and that was all warmed up in a microwave and covered in cling film to sweat due to the cling film keeping moisture and heat in. We ordered burger chips and some chicken and bread - we got cheese burger and chips and over cooked chicken which was left as could make you ill and rice and chips and other limp vegetables.

Following day we goes for breakfast and low and behold LAST NiGHTS soup (Lentil) and when we went the beach bar the fish from the night before was there to eat - now this is not acceptable by anyone.

Contacted Cosmos and again NOTHING done except "we will speak to the contractor" about this and nothing will happen now but they may not stay with them - they said but what about me and my GF? So at that stage we started to feel the need to go home and looked only to be told that we need to pay £400+ to go home early but our flights are £600+ to buy from them - Cosmos/ Monarch are a disgrace and people not so much should not go with them but beware of what they will not do for you as my sister has contacted Monarch at home and will not help as they are passing buck to Cosmos but we BOOKED with Monarch not Cosmos.
I wanted a to have a shave and a freshen up and noticed NO plug asked about them and needed to ask Cosmos to call them and sort it as they just didn't get it and again didn't happen had to go to office and beg for one there.

That night Aircon USELESS again and slept from 4 am till 7 am and decided had enough and asked to speak to manager and was told he was not in till a set time and waited nothing so we wen for breakfast and there he was heading away for room and no he hadn't been to the room as I was in it.

Girlfriend was ill and I had been bleeding from the mouth which will have proof as we have cousins and such for evidential proof for compensation claim that will be done when arriving home. I asked manager about these issues and explained about illness and such and was told to ask Cosmos to find alternative place to stay but I explained that we had only a few days left and this would just not work.
The manager said to contact doctor about health issues (which was not present on arrival at all and will be shown in medical records for claimant procedure) and then went onto offering us an hour long spa treatment - I mean HOW CAN we use that when we are unwell totally ridiculous and then all he said was "what can we do" and I said one thing "give me what I paid for nothing more nothing less" and he said I don't understand funny thing is no one does he due terrible level of English spoken.

So we went to breakfast and there it was " Ravoli Soup" from the night before Jesus Christ....wn does this nightmare end.

Monarch - Cosmos and Sensimar Belek fail in such a manner that its not correctable for Cosmos/Monarch to allow us to be treated in such a way that you wouldn't believe it possible and the Sensimar abelek for taking our money and giving us such a low quality service and allowing a couple to struggle along in such a way that we now would take a flight home at a drop of a hat but we won't pay excess for flight as its ridiculous to even ask for us to pay.

Please understand we are HERE NOW and it's happening as I'm writing this and still waiting fir manager to come and also listening to the phone ringing through next doors wall so much for worrying about TV sound when I can listen to someone else's conversation in German of course.

We plead with ALL people to not and I mean NOT walk past this and take time to read this as it may help you say what we have gone through and save you blood - sweat and tears and that's more important than money for me as this place is NOT as good as people say as we are here NOW.

Plus points

1.minibar is changeable if asked BUT don't phone go the reception
2. Hotel design is lovely and quality at times is excellent
3.Some of the staff are nice people but speak virtually no English don't be fooled by others on here
4. Jacuzzi when it dont smell is a nice edition to the room but swim up rooms better value

(Pictures to come)

To be continued.........

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank DavidRoom2208
Netherlands
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just some pro's and cons. Good (between average and good) place to stay for a week .

pro's
• enough cupboard space in the room
• interior of the spa is excellent (but look at bullet 4&5 cons)
• breakfast! Taste the oranges!
• enough chairs to sit at the pool area and on the beach and towels
• nice and helpful staff
• nice treats during the day, melon, ice coffee

Cons
• no bath in standard rooms
• Wi-Fi doesn’t work in the room or on the balcony
• dinner buffet ends early at 08.45 everything is taken back to the kitchen
• spa treatment below average
• spa staff is very pushy to sell (expensive over 100 euro) treatments ‘you really need 5 treatments’
• not really 5 stars, no room service or turn down service at night

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank JosephineNetherlands
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belek
Kirman Belazur Resort and Spa
#3 of 10 in Bogazkent
Belek Beach Resort Hotel
Belek Beach Resort Hotel
#2 of 10 in Bogazkent

Been to TUI SENSIMAR Belek Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!