6,119 results
All reviews horse lounge personal assistant chocolate shop tangerine beach le melange azure restaurant laser tag chocolate covered strawberries turkey family terrace hour restaurant special thanks water park a la carte restaurants steak restaurant games room next year
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2017

perfect sunset landscape and blue flag sea, impressive kitchen in azure a la carte and main restaurants, the best of the best service by professional hotel staff, believe me it was my 5th visits, c u in 6th one, so amazing, still cool and perfect luxury hotel of Belek, hot sea water pools, sea side beds, magnificent flowers and high quality of design at lobby and rooms, come and live the top of the luxurious hotel style, comfy and cozy, warm and smiling people, nice and friendly visitors...

Room tip: 1561 was perfect
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank figenardic
Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

We are here for the 6th or 7th time and the hotel improved again.
Super friendly service new wine selection and great food.
Real value for money.
We have room1249 the best side of the hotel if you like the afternoon sun on your terrasse.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank mineera
Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to Maxx Royal Belek. Our kids love it so we are. Since our last visit few things has changed. Now there are 3 free a la carte restaurants where you don't need reservations and they are open for lunch and dinner. All 3 (Italian, Turkish and Fish) are great and it gives you good selection of food when you get tired after main restaurant.

As for accommodation, we stayed on a villa and really enjoyed staying there.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Ulaks
Reviewed April 28, 2017

First Impressions - The hotel was lovely on entrance and we were greeted very well.

Maxx assistant- I personally found these to be a total waste of time and ended up deleting the app.Our Maxx assistant could barely speak English and i can speak no Turkish.We lost our childrens lilo on Day 2 we whats appd asking if they had found and she replied i do not understand i went further by saying floating pool beds and described they were Green she still did not understand.

All the information we found on boards in the hotel and it just saved waking up to 22 messages each morning.

Food - This really is something special and was very good we really enjoyed the Blow bread in the Turkish,The Steakhouse was the best i have have ever tasted and worth the extra charge(Despite it being free at the time of booking) The Italian Fillet Mignon was very special.The only down side is the hotel caters for conferences as well and sometimes they closed Assure24 for this and the buffet was rammed.The down side was that all the ala cartes were new and having some early Teething problems. One night we waited nearly an hour to be seated at the Fish and Cats were all over the tables eating left over food it amused the children but lots were complaining.

The kids loved the Ice cream choices ,The choc shop and Le Marange served the best cakes we have ever had!!

Pools - There are just so many to choose we spent a lot of time at Cobra Kingdom the kids loved it but for some reason it was like a ghost town we also found the food here to be very good.

Bars - Again so many to choose from serving Top brands and the Black stuff was very creamy also enjoyed the Cider Strongbow only served at the beach bar for some strange reason.

Rooms - Were a little dated but very well stocked probably the best Mini bar we have had in Turkey so far and loved the daily Pringles and digestives.The wine was also decent along with 8 bottles of Effes a day.

Kids club - This was our biggest disappointment they try they really do and the Maxi land is well equipped but the kids nightly show at 7.30 - 8 30 pm is very poor musical statues is the party dances every bloody night and the kids disco is no better.

On our other visits to Belek we have seen amazing shows like the Lion King Mamma Mia etc.

Entertainment- This was very hit and miss and repeated the Second week.Day 1 the Retro band were quite good. Day 2 we Got IL Divo who really were very good however the Jazz night and the rest were poor with nothing for young children to do.

Dino land was shut for half the holiday and only half open it was not working on our first visit at all but glad we went back because on the Second time it was half open and working which the kids enjoyed.

Sports Bar - In my view this is badly needed at the Maxx with big groups of men here early season for Golf lots like the football and some games were shown some were not and if shown it was in a very dark Cinema i gave up the ghost and watched all games in the Planet bar at the Voyage.

Would we return honest answer No the hotel is very special and i can see why it is number One for couples and older families but we felt a big let down by the night time entertainment and kids entertainment in general.

Room tip: Try and avoid big conferences.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
17  Thank Craig H
Reviewed April 27, 2017

For a 8 night stay, we arrived late in the evening in the Maxx Royal and were greeted with champagne and chocolate strawberries, very nice. We sat down to fill in a form, that was a bit odd, as it was already dark and I had to use my phones light to be able to do so. I thought they would do this for us, at least that is what I've read from other reviews but mabye this service only applies for some but not all their guests?
The Maxx Assistant assigned to us set up the whatsapp group As first time visitors we asked for directions to the room and the Italian restaurant, he mistakenly thought that we were returning visitors and it took him some time to realize that we need his help. He took us to our room, a family terrace suite consisting of 2 rooms, large enough for our party of 5, that is 4 adults and 1 child. At first our room looked ok, the next day we found some issues in the bathroom. I was disappointed because I was thinking they should not rent out such a room. As we were 5 and moving 2 rooms seemed too much effort we decided not to ask for another room.
The first night we ate at the Italian restaurant and we had a wonderful experience, it was too late for a full meal, as we wanted to meet some friends who were in the Voyage Belek Hotel next to the Maxx and supposed to be leaving early next morning. Therefore we only had one main course at the Italian. Our Maxx Assistant helped us arrange the visit at the Voyage Belek, 3 of us we stayed there for about 1 hour.
Over the next days we managed to get an overview of the Maxx Royal and the grounds. It is a large property, our room was next to the main building, there is a lot of walking from there. One of us was asking for a map of the hotel and was told they don't have one. Since we did not get a proper introduction of the hotel and the grounds it took us a while until we knew where everything is.
Over the next days we spent time at the pool, at the royal horse lounge and the area around it and Le melange. We also tasted the specialities at La Chocolatier, had dinner at the turkish restaurant and also at Azure24. For breakfast we went to the Azure buffet restaurant. Speaking of the restaurants: In summary, speaking for all of us, food was ok, for me it is special as I am a vegetarian and I found it difficult to find vegetarian food. Not because there is none, but because the description was not precise enough to know whether it was vegetarian or not. Sometimes even the waiters could not tell me. I asked our MaxxAssistant if he could do something about it and the same day I saw the "vegetarian" sign at some dishes in the main restaurant. I was really surprised, it had to be lots of work to implement it so quickly.
This review is probably getting too large, I am trying to summarize:
- Room: could be better, as mentioned. From terrace suites, long walk to the main building and pools
- Food: in restaurants ok, Chcocolatier and Le Melange, very good.
- Entertainment:
Live music was great, one night it was way too loud for us. No shows at night.
Arcade room: we had lots of fun there. Especially when the weather is bad, but it can
get very noisy.
- Bars:
Comfortable seating. Cocktails ranged from good to bad. Champagne very delicious,
we also liked the mocktails especially the virgin strawberry mojito. Service very quick
and friendly.
- Pool:
the pool area is very nice, because of the time of the year it was crowded around the
heated pool. Ladys on roller skates are serving snacks and drinks, a great service.
There is a gözleme stand, a fruit snacks stand and ice cream box near the pool area
Restaurants;
- the speciality restaurants are very nice, well designed. The buffet restaurant is too large
and too noisy for my taste. Food was ok, but nothing special in my opinion.
- Service in general: I think this is where the MaxxRoyal must improve.
We got a lot of both, from very good service to bad service from the waiters.
Considering this is a 5 star and apparently the best 5 star hotel in Belek it was
unexpected.
One of the other reviews mentioned that some of the personell never says hello to the guests, yes we experienced the same. The Maxx Assistant is nice to have, and if you need something people keep telling "You can always ask your assistant for help" Well, yes, I could but it is not always practicable. Maybe the Maxx hsould think about keeping a map of the hotel ground ready for people who prefer to explore and find directions without an assistant.

To close the loop to the title of the review, it was ok to stay here once, with so many 5 star hotels in the area, at this point in time I have no desire to come back to the Maxx Royal for a second visit.

• Trip type: Traveled with family