“Wonderful 5star Hotel!”

Maxx Royal Belek Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 89 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I would definitely go back! Everything is exquisite like you would expect from a 5star hotel.

Food: Perfect. You have everything for every taste. You actually don't need to go to other restaurants, but If you want to you have to pay an extra. Don't forget to go to the patisserie!

Bedroom: beautiful and with a lot of space.

Pool and beach: Wonderful. Always clean and relaxed.

It's perfect for families. It's beautiful and you will not be bored.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank rmf-pt

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just returned from 7 days of sheer unadulterated luxury, biggest problem was not going for longer.
Apart from the beautifully furnished rooms, the bars, the restaurants, the food, the pools, the loungers, the beach, the pier, the grass areas and anything else that I have missed, the biggest shout has to go to the staff, without any exceptions, they were all fantastic. Maybe it was because we were one of only maybe 5 couples that were English, I’m not sure, but it did seem we got a lot more “service” than many of the mainly Russians that stay there.
The food was very good, the best I have had at any all-inclusive hotel, varied fresh, well presented and tasty.
The rooms were immaculate, the maids did a fantastic job, and everything you could possibly need was in your room and replenished every day.
The bars were all well stocked with all international drinks, and more importantly international mixers, none of that “mixed” tonic and cola, bottles of Schweppes tonic with Bombay Sapphire gin and real Coke with Havana rum, or Red Bull with Absolute Vodka, fantastic!!!!
What a great idea with the sun loungers, how to stop the, dare I say it, Germans, getting up early and nabbing the sunbeds with there towels, simple get the staff to put a towel on every sunbed in the place. To be honest though there was no need, the Hotel was at full capacity when we were there and there was plenty of sunbeds to go round. Fantastic water park for kids, again it seemed we went at the right time as it was mainly young Russian couples with young children, so the water park was virtually empty.
All in all a fantastic experience, although I think young children 10 to 15 year olds could be bored in the evenings, as there didn’t seem to be any entertainment for them, it was mainly adult orientated.
Would I go back, yep cant wait!

4  Thank JandTKent
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Food was great. My room in a conference center wing - not so great (better to aim for something in the main building). Nargile/shisha for $40 was a shocking discovery. The night club with everybody's wearing radio headphones to listen DJ and dancing in a silence broke only by awful singing along - quite a surrealistic view I should say. But for guests of the main building this probably a nice guarantee for a good night sleep. Good hotel after all.

Room Tip: avoid conference center wing rooms and shisha place
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank renatmin
Reviewed October 3, 2012

After some searching and comparing, myself and 2 colleagues (all in their late twenties) decided to go to the Maxx royal. Well actually, the first time we saw pictures of this hotel it was already decided, we HAD to go there :-). So we booked for 11 days, from 13 till 23 september.

Before our vacation we read a lot of reviews of this hotel, so our expectations were already very high from the beginning, could it really be that good?

ARRIVAL
Once we arrived we got the `chocolate-dipped-strawberry-champagne-welcome’ and we were seated into nice comfy sofas to fill in the necessary check in forms. Although we were actually 2 hours too early to check-in, we were immediately guided to our room. The cleaning lady was still busy preparing our room and I guess she rushed after that (which is probably understandable), so the room was not cleaned 100% like we expected to be on first arrival. But overall we can't complain about the cleaning. Rooms were cleaned at least once a day and the towels were replaced twice a day.

ROOMS
We booked the rooftop suites at the backside of the hotel so we had a beautiful view on the neighbor hotel “adam and Eve” which was really nice, especially at night. The room itself was large enough to live comfortably with 3 persons, it had a large rain-shower and a Jacuzzi on the balcony. (I loved it! :) ) Free mini-bar which got refilled everyday, LCD-tv, DVD-player and even a promo-DVD from the white party at the pier.
But honestly we didn't spent a lot of time in our room as there were so many things to do in and around the hotel!

ANIMATION
We did some paintball, pool games, darts, air rifle, archery and we even took some dance-lessons. This hotel has an excellent animation team which really does everything to make the best out of your vacation.
What I think makes this hotel 'special' is that there is a more relax relationship between the animationteam and the management then in most other hotels and this is something you can feel as a guest. If there is time they join you at your table or at the bar and explain stuff about the hotel and their lives in a very relax way. This way we learned so much more about this place.

DANCE LESSONS
Our dance lessons were taught by 2 professional dancers: Misha from Ukraine and Eva from Germany, both always very helpful and friendly around the hotel. I believe she was the only European who worked there, which is always nice if you can talk to somebody of your own area. Dance lessons were given at the royal horse club, which is a magnificent ballroom, unfortunately it had no big mirrors like you see in most dance ‘teaching’-rooms. They managed to teach me some basic and more advanced steps in Salsa, Salsa Rueda and freestyle which is somehow remarkable as my dancing skills were absolute zero…But it was always great fun! :)

POOL
The main pool area is divided into 3 areas, a kids pool, the main animation pool and the adult-only pool. We never had trouble to find 3 adjacent sunbeds at any time of the day, the place was never crowded. Around the pool area waiters were serving grapes, fruit, drinks and cold towels which is very welcome and refreshing when it`s 38 degrees hot! Thx Eran.
In previous reviews I read a lot about the sound volume being too loud, well this is probably something they took care off. I never heard the animation being too loud or disturbing, not at the pool (just quiet lounge music), not at the circa bar and not at the royal horse club.

ARCHERY
Furthermore we did some archery and air rifle with Kristina and Arthur, excellent teachers! However the infrastructure was already pretty worn-out. Worn-out archery board, bow was ok, worn-out protection, good carbon arrows but already repaired multiple times. I heard new arrows where ordered, but if you have to wait multiple weeks or months before they arrive you know you should have some backup arrows aside (and no, the aluminium arrows don`t count! ;-)) The same with the rifle where the scope was broken, please provide a backup rifle, it`s a relatively small investment, actually they are all small investments and this way you don`t have to disappoint any guests. Nevertheless we had a great time and I even got a medal for winning a couple of archery tournaments! (Jeej, thx Kristina!)

SHOWS
Every evening there was a show at the circa bar (brazilian show, Todes, Ukrainian Acrobats, PH- elektro, White party, Mister maxx royal election, Spankers)
My personal favourite evenings were the white party at the pier and “Todes” (Russian modern ballet at his best), my worst evening was “Spankers” (what were they thinking…?).
I also heard Maxx Royal had its own showgroup called `Circus Maxximus`, I would have loved to see them on stage, don`t know the reason why they split up but they looked very good in some videos I saw.

Then after every shownight at the circa bar there was a party at the royal horse club from 00:30 till 03:00. The dj was playing good music and the club itself was really amazing but unfortunately the place was not crowded enough to really get some atmosphere (As the hotel mainly attracts couples and families who go to bed early) Which is really ashamed actually, for such a beautiful club!

FOOD
The food in the main restaurant was very good, a lot of choice and decent quality. Unfortunately the buffet is so large that once you’re seated the food on your plate is almost cold. So they should definitely use preheated plates in the future.

POPULATION
The population of this hotel consists mostly of Russians and Kazakhs and actually quite a lot of Belgians as well. As they have a good reputation I experienced they are very welcome in this hotel. About the Russians I only had good experiences with them, even when they where drunk, they where still very decent. I guess this hotel only attracts the good type of Russians :) About the Kazakhs I read in a former review that some of them cut in lines, well my colleague had about the same problem with an older Kazakh, maybe they have no queues in certain parts of Kazakhstan? Or they use `other` ways :)?

SECURITY
Security in the hotel was top notch, a lot of security but you never get the feeling that they are too strict. Security like it should be.

CONCLUSION
To conclude my review this hotel is definitely 5 stars, everything was perfect, just like we expected. Only the animation team surpassed even our expectations and would probably be the reason we'll return. There are maybe some minor points for improvement but I believe overall this is the best hotel in it’s class in Turkey!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank JimmyBelsack
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Going into this hotel I was amazed at the great service, great atmosphere, cleanliness and friendliness. Policy of the hotel to pay attention to small details contribute to the great atmosphere. The hotel staff will make you feel like a prince or princess. Pamper you as anywhere else. The only thing I do not happen in the hotel is carrying me in his arms. You must go to the hotel to meet with staff, to let your children have fun with professionals by entertainment team - they are great !!! This is the best hotel I've ever been and certainly my next vacation will go there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a sea view on higher floor - the view is amazing
1  Thank vladimirova_vily
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed here for 10 days in September. On arrival at the hotel we were greeted with a glass of champagne and a chocolate dipped strawberry. Very nice touch. We were then seated in the reception area on nice comfy sofas where we completed our check in process with another glass of champagne. We were then taken to our room on the 4th floor. The room was huge, modern, very light and stunning furnishings. The bed was massive and very comfy. Nice flat screen tv although we never used this. Huge and I mean huge mirror in the room and so many different light switches for all different types of mood lighting. The bathroom has two sinks, large jacuzzi bath and lovely walk in shower. The shower head was massive but not as powerful as we thought it would have been. Large selection of toiletries, including shampoo, hair conditioner, body lotion, q tips, tissues, nail files, nail clippers, dental kits, shaving kits and even a condom and sanitary towel known as the emergency kit.! Robes and slippers were provided, but the slippers came up very small. Lovely powerful hairdyer and extra socket in bathroom if you wanted to use straightners etc. Towels were changed twice a day. Just outside the bathroom was a large walk in wardrobe with plenty of hangers. Also the safe was situated here. The wardrobe also had an electronic lock on it, for extra security not that we used it. There was a kettle with tea, coffee and sugar supplied. Only coffee mate though but we just used to ask for a jug of milk at any of the bars and put it in the mini bar fridge. The mini bar had lots of soft drinks, beer, white and red wine and plenty of water in glass bottles. Nice touch were the snicker bars and a chocolate wafer bar also restocked daily along with two types of nuts and crisps. You couldn't ask for more. The balcony was very long with two sunloungers and a small table. We had a garden view but also had a side sea view over looking the Voyage Belek Hotel. The room was cleaned every day to a good standard. Turn down service included chocolates on your bed and clean towels.

During the day we spent most of our time around the adult pool, where it was much quieter as the main pool was very noisy with loud music and games being played plus a lot of children even though school holidays had finished. The hotel is very large so even though there were a lot of people staying here it never seemed that busy. There was never any queing for anything. No getting up at silly times to get a sunbed either. You could also have as many beach towels as you required. The pools and surrounding areas were all lovely and clean. Bins and ashtrays were being emptied all of the time. We were kept supplied with cold drinks all day by Eran who was amazing and the staff from the Ocean's restaurant. They even gave us an ice bucket to keep them nice and cold with lots of ice for our drinks. During the day fruit and crisps would be brought round to you by the pool as little snacks and also frozen flannels.. You could still hear the music by the adult pool but it wasnt as bad as by the main pool. The temperature was around 31-35 every day.

The beach was quite sandy and only shingle near the waters edge, but easy to get in and out of the water without anything on your feet. The water was very warm. The paviliions on the grass near the beach were to hire at 100 euros a day. For this you had sunloungers outside, a nice seating area with a table inside, a mini bar to keep your drinks cold and even a safe. We hired one on the day of our wedding anniversary as a treat but wouldn't pay that sort of money every day which some people were doing. You were waited on by the staff from the near by restaurants all day and lunch was served inside as well. The table extended and they even put a table cloth on it for lunch. There were plug sockets in there if you wanted to have a small docking station in there to play some music or charge anything up which was handy. We spent a lovely day there but unfortunately we were in the pavillions next to the next door hotel Adam and Eve, and about 4pm they started playing very loud clubbing music which after a while got on our nerves then it became a real problem when our hotel at 5pm started playing their loud music so all we could hear was loud banging music so we left the pavillion earlier than we wanted to due to this. If we were to hire one again we would try the otherside of the hotel and just hope the same thing doesnt happen with the hotel next to ours that side. It spoilt the end of our day.

The evenings were still nice and warm about 25 degrees. We ate at the Unlimited restaurant which was the buffet (funny name) a few times,where there were lots of different seating areas. There was a very good selection of food, in fact i've never seen such a large choice. However some of it could have been a bit hotter but I mainly kept to the salads. Warm bread was bought to your table, but there was still a large choice of bread and rolls to choose from as well. You have a choice of 3 red and 3 white wines which were all very nice. I think I saw Rose as well although we never tried it. You could also have sparkling wine that they called champagne as well which was also very nice. The choice of foods were the same every day but this wasnt a problem because there was so much to choose from.
We also eat at all of the A la Carte restaurants. You had to pay 15 euro each for these. This was added to your room bill so you didn't have to pay at each restaurant. There is no longer a French restaurant, this has been changed to a Lebanese one. We didn't really think the service or the food was that brilliant there. Unfortunately with all of the A La Cartes the inside eating areas were decorated lovely but everyone was eating in the outside areas which were nothing special, you could have been eating in the buffet outside area for all you knew. There was no atmosphere in the Lebanese at all. Also alot of children running about screaming, not what you want when you have paid for a nice meal. In some other hotels we have stayed at in Belek children under 12 were not allowed in the A La Cartes and they were free !!
We also eat in the Italian restaurant, the food was not to bad but again nothing special. At least they had some musicians singing in there which gave it a bit more atmosphere.
Our favourite A La Carte's were Oceans the fish and greek restaurant which was situated by the adult pool and Woxxie the Far Eastern restaurant. I'll start with Ocean's the staff were amazing there namely Syed, Osman and Memmett. They treated us like royalty every time we went there. They are open for turkish breakfast which was lovely and lunch. This is free. The salmon is to die for there. We spent many an hour or two there having lunch. In the evening they had musicians singing and playing turkish music. This is what an A La Carte should be, great food, great service and fantastic staff and ambiance. Well worth the 15 euros. The Woxxie again was lovely, food and staff all very good although again needed a bit of music or something in the outside eating area. However you can book the Teppanyaki table inside that seats 8 people. This is where the chef cooks in front of you and you try all different food. The food was fantastic and very tasty.
The last A La Carte is the steak house which is at the golf course. You are taken by buggy there from the main entrance of the hotel. Unfortunately our evening was ruined there. When we arrived they said that we had no booking, we asked them to call the hotel to check their system as we had booked it with guest services. They would not call them and asked my husband to go back to the hotel to get proof we had booked. This was our 30th wedding anniversary evening and we were looking forward to a nice evening. Whilst my husband went back to the hotel to speak to them myself and the rest of our party were ushered to a table away from everyone else and made to feel very bad. Two of us got offered a drink but not the 3rd person. Finally my husband returned and we were told that the problem had been sorted and we could have a table. There had been a mistake on their system but no apology was made at all. We were shown to a table which looked more like a pub garden table outside. Other tables had table cloths on but not ours. The food was ok but the evening had been ruined by the staff there. We complained to the manager at the hotel and we were given this meal on the house due to what had happened, however this did not compensate for ruining our evening.
On a brighter note the Patisserie was excellent, wonderful cakes, pastries and chocolates and they made lovely Lattes. Also Bistro 21 which was open for 21 hours a day served lovely burgers ect and had a lovely view.We also eat a few lunch times at the Circa bar, there Lamb Kebabs are to die for. All the food there was very good and the staff also very good.

We spent an hour or so in the Games room, playing bowling, this is not free by the way. Good quality pool tables in there as well.

We all booked a massage and got 15% off due to us booking between 9am and 12pm. This made the prices more reasonable. The massages were all very good. The spa pool looked lovely but we never found the time to go in it.

There is free wi fi everywhere in the hotel, including by the pool.

Evening entertainment was very good, there was a show of some type every evening in the outside Circa bar, however we never saw these as we chose to eat late. After the show most of the children went to bed so the place emptied out a lot so there was never a problem getting a seat. This is when the live DJs or groups appeared. DJ Sax was brilliant. Plenty of space to dance and the best Mojitos were served here. When this closed at about 12, we used to then go to the Royal Horse bar for for music and dancing. They had a great Latino Group on a few nights. A few nights a week they had parties on the pier which were very good. The Foam party is held on the beach at 5pm one day a week and was great fun.

The waterpark was very good. We used to go about 5pm for an hour when it was quiet so no queing for the big chutes.

Mostly people from Russia and Kasakstan, however we met a few people from Belgium and Germany and only one other couple from England. There was no English tour operator at this hotel so we had trouble booking trips as none of the other reps could speak very good English. In the end we went to the concierge at reception and he booked one direct for us. We went white water rafting and had a briliant day with a company called Prestige Rafting.

You have to check out of your room by 12pm, but that is not a problem as they have an area called freezone , where there are lockers, showers, hairdryers, towels and toilerties. Also nice big comfy settees and a fridge with cold drinks and snacks in until you are ready to leave for your journey home, all free.

We were here for 10 days and still don't think we saw everything they had to offer there.
We would definately come back again but only book our favourite A La Cartes and save some money. Hotel is a bit on the expensive side compared to other hotels in Belek so perhaps thats why not many English go there. We enjoyed our stay and could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Don't worry about booking seaview rooms as these can be very noisy at night from the music in th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank SUNBEDSUE
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I visited this hotel in August 2011 just after it opened. The service was fantastic, Spa was lovely and the pool side big enough to accommodate all guests, although meal times were very busy as only one main restaurant for all guests. The food quality was good. We were the only English guests in the hotel during our 2 week stay which we liked! The evening entertainment was good especially for children.

Room Tip: Ensure your room is not above the Royal House night club!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends