“still beats the rest”

Ranked #1 of 87 Hotels in Belek
Novi Sad
“still beats the rest”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I've been to several hotels in Belek, all with 5 stars so every time I wonted to improve my holiday. Maxx was working just for one month during my staying so all the imperfections were expected. I don't like when people complain about stupid things such as, the music was to loud in disco. That affect on hotel rating and maybe it don't deserve it. Yes they had a problem with canalization at one point, the guest were complaining about house keeping(we didn't have problem at all), their management wasn't functioning well,...but there were constantly some works going on, helping to finish things right. My complain is about the kids pool. They were freezing all the time because of the shades above them( which is good idea, but they have to be heated)!!! My kids didn't go in there for once, during 15 days. The food, ah,...I'm not hungry at home so the amount and glittery colors of food doesn't impress me. They have to do much harder, especially preparing a fresh fish and meet. So the taste and the variety of food is pretty much the same in every Turkish hotel. But people, the hotel PATISSERIE...!!! That's the hole different story. I'm a serious chocoholic and I eat only the most quality sweets, so this Chef blow me away. I even had to go and meet the gentleman, to give him my congratulations. Turns out he worked in Belgium for 30 years. So when you leave your kids in just beautiful mini club, with great care, you go and enjoy nice cup of coffee with extra delicious cakes and sweets. Other than that, I had a sea view suite which gave us plenty of relaxing moment on our terrace, with I must say spectacular views. The room itself was really beautiful, the bad, enormously big. The bathroom is also beautiful with separate toilet, and amazing amenities(we even got nail cutter). All in all I would go back.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are with gorgeous view, but for those with small children, the nigh club noise be...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank dragasvea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2012

This hotel has it all.Luxury bedrooms which are huge.Jacuzzi in the bathroom!Sea view worth paying extra for.But the best is the service.All the staff just can't do enough for you.
Yes they don't all speak good English but boy do they try !
The Spa is excellent ,warm swimming pool,Hamman room,relaxation room,saunas,steam room too.
Food and service in the Chinese/Japanese restaurant is exceptional.
The main dining room is separated out into smaller " restaurants " so you don get that canteen style of dining that other all inclusives have.Huge selection f quality food.

Room Tip: Sea view is best.Corner Penthouse if I could afford it.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank MacFalkirk
Kent
Reviewed January 10, 2012

The hotel is most luxurious and well planned. The rooms are large and comfortable. Many toiletries are provided in the bathrooms. We had a duplex: the upstairs bathroom included a spa bath. There are many interesting artworks and sculptures in the public areas. Along both sides of the main lounge/corridor downstairs are life-size horses, alternating black and white.

The hotel is all-inclusive and the standard of the food excellent and plenty of variety. We stayed there the week running up to New Year (2011/2012). I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. On our last night we dined with friends in the French restaurent (€15 extra per head) and had an excellent meal with attentive service. The decor was a pleasure to look at.

I only have two negative comments to make. One (minor) that the lighting in the bedroom is not sufficient to read by. The second that the New Year's Gala evening was spoilt for our group and many others by the music being overly loud. I was so worried about damaging my hearing that I left before the main course was served. I understand that after I left, many people requested the music to be turned down a little, but this did not happen, and my husband left half an hour after me, thus both missing the midnight hour.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Tessora
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Have been to the hotel with a group of eight golfers for New Year. A spectacular building with great pools and bedrooms. We enjoyed reasonable service. The Montgomerie golf course is nearby and a good course (apart from a lot of "waste" bunkers). The New Year Gala Night was a complete disaster - the food was terrible and the service poor. We had two days of rain during our week and most of it seemed to come into the hotel. Our room was wet and we needed towels to "block" up holes and mop up. In various places around the building buckets where used to catch rain water coming through the roof. To cap it, three of the eight in our party, went down with a servere tummy upset. We only ate in the hotel. We will not be returning.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
16 Thank Alan C
Episkopi, Cyprus
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I have been to the Maxx Royal for a golfing week with 15 friends over the Christmas holidays. Over all the standard was excellent. The all inclusive package buffet style meals were of a standard similar to other hotels we have experienced in the area. The Gala Night on Christmas Eve was splendid. The Montgomerie Golf Course was wonderful and within easy walking distance, although transport always available if wanted. Problems were: a broken draw in room reported on day one, but never repaired; only one English speaking TV channel found - CNN News; the breakfasts stands were not set up with very much logic, which resulted in cues around the omelette and egg stands. Our party of 16 booked the Italian restaurant for our last night. The whole evening was very poor. The food was inferior, exacerbated by mediocre service; wine had to be forced from the waiters; salads and pasta dishes were not forth coming; deserts were in some cases still frozen. The music was good. For this experience we had to pay an extra 15 euros per person.

Room Tip: Our view over looking the snow capped mountains was wonderful
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Roberta W
Weinheim, Germany
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I have been there with friends for a golf-week in november. This hotel itself is an experience!
Spacios room with round 40 sqm space. The all inclusive concept ranges from international cocktails to a exquisite cuisine. Walking distance to maxx royal golfcourse designed by jack nicklaus.

Simply great!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank gonzvongonzenstein
Romania
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Been. in the Maxxfor the first. time. Even if service is still not "royal", I would consider to return. Main reasons ? You get turkish style service, good meals, nice beach, good services for kids, and the whole usual turkish all inclusive deal.
In the same time, I would think twice to return considering the following :
-the chefs of this hotel are enloved with overspicing the food! if you cannot handle spicy food, then this is not the hotel to come ....
-the rooms , very nicely decorated and arranged, so not offer enough sound isolation .....the wallls are actually very plain carton walls ....pity for a so called 5*
- I do not understand the choice of mattresses in the rooms .....very hard to sleep....at least for me and my back....

Still, general positve impression, probably because Maxx Royal is still newly opened ....good luck and improve!

• Stayed December 2011