We recently returned from this hotel as part of a golf holiday. We had stayed two years ago at another five star hotel in the Antalya area so there are comparisons that we feel should form a part of this review.
This is a very large hotel, the reception leading to a bar area is huge and an unusually bold design. A nice touch is the welcoming glass of sparkling wine and chocolates. The management are very protective of this area, tent cards on the tables instruct guests not to move chairs as this would spoil the effect! On one occasion as party of eight we committed the unthinkable of moving chairs to accommodate us around one table and although it was allowed, one of the chairs was soon changed to keep the design in balance.
The staff in all parts of this hotel and their standards of service was excellent. They were friendly courteous and apart from an occasional minor incident nothing was too much trouble for them.
Rooms: We had booked standard rooms but were given an upgrade to swim up rooms. The rooms were very good. The handrails leading to the pool area below on all four rooms was loose and very dangerous. If they had given way it would have resulted in a fall of around 5-6 meters on to tables and sun loungers below. An attempt was made to repair them but they still remained loose and dangerous throughout our stay.
The mini bar was an issue as it had a limited stock of spirit miniatures, which, once used were not replaced. Being all-inclusive we queried this and were told it was not the hotel policy to replace the spirits. Soft drinks and beers however, were replenished daily. Our previous hotel, whose mini bars held a full stock of spirits and mixers, was fully restocked every day.
We had to report noisy Russians from a nearby room that for three days partied until 5.00 am the response from the hotel was very good in resolving this.
Food & Beverage: The main restaurant has a very large food area with a huge selection of local and international foods. Perhaps too big, it takes time to become accustomed to where everything is. Although overall quality was good we felt it was not up to the usual Turkish five star standards, however others in our party were quite satisfied.
We were surprised that there was no wine list available nor were bottles allowed on restaurant tables or in the bar areas. There were only red, white or rose wines served only by the glass and of average quality. Beer was available on draught but only in normal size glasses; large beers were not available. Spirits and mixer drinks were served in the glass; a gin and tonic was identified with a cherry in the bottom of the glass! This is not the normal standard from a five star hotel and is a poor attempt to control all-inclusive costs. Our previous hotel had none of these practices with a full wine list and gin correctly served with a separate bottle of tonic.
The much-reported complicated booking for the al a carte restaurants was indeed difficult, although with so many guests we accept some system has to be put in place. We ate in these restaurants twice; however, we found the food no better than the main restaurant and not worth the extra 10 euros per person.
Lunch at the poolside restaurant was good with a huge selection of freshly cooked foods.
The hotel owns the Faldo course, which we found to be in great condition and not overbooked. We were surprised in Turkey that there does not seem to be as in say Spain and Portugal twilight golf available. The courses remain empty in the late afternoon unless as in the case of the Carya course there is floodlighting available.
We ventured in to Belek but found this to be full of shops selling designer copies, no marked prices and a somewhat intimidating atmosphere. Would not bother again
Overall, a very good hotel with excellent service but in our opinion needs to go that bit further particularly with regards to beverage. In our opinion it did not reach the standards of our previous nearby hotel but nevertheless provided a very good standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cornelia Diamond is a 5 Star luxury Golf & Spa Resort based on 200.000 sqm of land. The hotel has a wide selection of different types and styles of rooms, villas and suites. The resort boasts a 250 sqm private beach and 8 pools including indoor, aquapark and childrens pool and jacuzzis. With a total of 10 restaurants (8 a la carte) the cuisine ranges from traditional Turkish to Far East and has 10 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Prestigia, getaroom.com, Otel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort And Spa
- Cornelia Diamond Golf Hotel Belek
- Cornelia Diamond Hotel
- Cornelia Diamond Resort All Inclusive
- Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa Belek, Turkey - Antalya Province