“Fabulous”

Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I enjoyed 7 very pleasant days at the Cornelia Diamond with my wife and another couple.

Hotel is very clean, staff are excellent and facilities are superb.

Restaurants are well worth the €10 per person supplement assuming of course that you can actually book them - you need to call to book dead on 7pm.

Only bugbear was that our room key continually failed to open the door and needed resetting.

Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for luxury at a great price.

• Stayed: October 2013
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

First, we would like to thank you for your comments.

We would like to inform you that as Cornelia Hotels Golf & Spa that makes no compromises in terms of our quality service understanding, we are always grateful for your valuable comments.

Cornelia Hotels Golf & Spa Management

Write a ReviewReviews (2,492)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

To start the Cornelia is a lovely hotel and I would defiantly recommend it to anyone. The rooms are top class luxury and the hotel grounds are magnificent! There is lots to do for people of all ages.

Great Hotel But...
A Few days into my holiday one of my family members was having her birthday. The Guest Relations surprised her by sending up a cake. So Far So Good. But when we left a cut up slice on the room table in the night when we woke up the room was full of ants crawling from the sliding patio door (Swim Up Room) and that slice of cake looked like food from an 'I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!' Bushtucker Trail that Ant And Dec forced celebrities to eat. We called reception immediately and they sent a cleaner.

But that didn't help as the next day the ants had just come back so we ran to Guest Relations who were just being 'Thick' "There's Ants in your room, what, don't you like Ants" is what they pretty much said to us. They did send somebody which FINALLY solved the problem so we could continue enjoying our holiday.

The bar facilities were brilliant and the staff there were very polite. Well that was when we got served because one night we waited 45 Minutes for somebody to serve us but they just kept staring at us and kept on walking. The pool areas are very nice and well maintained. There was lots of lifeguards on duty which mad me feel a bit extra safe. The night entertainment was very good but I did not like the fact that the amazing foam party that they used to do had stopped and they did this thing called a 'Space Party' instead which was boring.

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and have definitely enjoyed it so I do keep returning but the past two times that I stayed here I have got a nasty ear infection which means that I had to go to Turkish Hospital (Which is TERRIBLE). I do not know why maybe the staff are putting too much chemicals into the pools. When I last had to go to Turkish Hospital they wanted me to stay overnight on a drip which was unnecessary. I demanded that I was not going to stay overnight just so they could get another 1000 Euros from me!

To Sum This All Up...

A great hotel that I will defiantly be returning to in the years to come.
Hopefully these small problems can be resolved and we can have a great hotel to stay at
Great place to visit

See You Soon Cornelia!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guests;

We as the Cornelia Hotels Golf Resort & Spa family would like to wish you a good day.

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments with regard to Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa.

We would like to share with you that our first priorty is to make no compromises in terms of our quality service understanding and therefore your reviews are valuable for us. They will be forwarded to the relevant departments to make the necessary corrections and improvements.

We will be happy to host you again in our facilities.

Cornelia Hotels Golf Spa Management

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our 2nd visit to this outstanding resort, cannot fault any part of the hotel or its staff one bit.

Rooms – Immaculate, luxurious and very well equipped.

Front desk and hotel relations – Couldn't do enough for you and met every request we asked of them.

Food & Drink – A vast array of very high quality food on offer in various restaurants and bars all around the resort. All premium branded alcohol, bottled coke, coke diet and coke zero.

Entertainment – From live dj’s down at the beach with a full rig and lighting show to cabaret singers and evening shows, there really is something for everyone.

Kids club – Our 2 kids have had a fantastic time playing on bumper cars, a mini railway, water slides, mini golf, table tennis, etc all included in the cost of the hotel. Bowling and the arcades are extra but at 5 euro a game it’s cheaper than most bowling centres in the uk and a lot better.

If you want a real all inclusive resort then don’t go anywhere else, you’ll regret it

Room Tip: Please and thank you goes a long way, be courteous to the staff and they will look after you very we...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank djdon23
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were at the Cornelia Diamond hotel during the 3thd week of october 2013. Nice hotel, no problem. We played tennis as well, and we played 2 times with the lights on , they asked us 20 Euro for the lights.But : we wanted to pay with creditcard: NOT POSSIBLE!!! they only accepted cash money! Insisting was not an option,finally the Tennismanager invited us to go to the Hairdressersshop to use their terminal. After paying with creditcard, the hairdresser gave the money cash to the Tennismanager.Finally it was not possible to get a receipt of the payment of the lights.My question: why must we pay cash? why couldn't he give us a receipt? This all sounds very suspicious..................

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jules K

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This resort is well placed for families to enjoy the beautiful beach which is just a walk through the manicured resort grounds. We stayed in a garden ground floor family room which was an excellent choice. We had 2 large rooms and 2 bathrooms so along with the patio garden it was great for my little grandson to run from room to room and also enjoy sitting in the garden when not at the beach. The staff are very friendly and the standard of cleanliness is excellent.

There are several a la carte restaurants that one pays 10 euros extra to enjoy a different dining experience but most people seem to use the main dining area which is very large. The buffet style arrangement is superb and there are foods to cater for all tastes and of course being inclusive you can eat as much as you like whenever you like. Food is always somewhere being served. I did find the restaurant to be somewhat large and impersonal but that is purely my personal preference. Obviously with families there is bound to be lots of noise and hustle and bustle.

The lunchtime meal is served nearer to the beach, although the main restaurant is also open and this is in my opinion the only fault with the resort. The wonderful display of foods is laid out for everyone to easily access including flies and although most people seemed to just brush them off this really put me off eating any uncovered food in this area. It was possible to order from the menu but the salads were still subjected to visits from flies.

Room Tip: If you have tiny children then it is better to go for a garden room rather than a swim up room as pa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TiggyLancashire

Dear Guests;

We will be happy to host you again in our facilities.

Cornelia Hotels Golf Spa Management

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just returned from the Cornelia Diamond after spending 10 days, what a fantastic holiday, thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel was superb, fairly quiet, properly because of the time of year. Predominantly adults and English and just a few couples with smaller children. Food was excellent, loads to choose from, no problem getting served at any of the bars and despite previous reviews all staff spoke and understood English. Room was big and plush with tea/coffee, shampoo, shower gel, hair drier etc all supplied so don't take like them we did and then got stung for being 1 kilo overweight!!The pools where huge but very very cold so we spent our days on the beach where the sea was really warm, beware beach activities (not attached to hotel) are really expensive and we got three different prices from the lads selling the para sailing, £100 for 2 for 15 mins, not worth it and they wouldn't drop price so boat didn't go out most days. Had 2 massages, first one I had I'd completely forgotten that staff are usually male in these things abroad and of course I got a man!! Didn't feel quite comfortable with him, properly because their massage techniques are so different to ours but did feel a bit vulnerable at times. 2nd time I requested a woman and got one and was so more relaxed with her. So moral of story is if you don't ask you don't get!! Had a game of ten pin bowling, we were only two in the alley, you need to look for it as it's tucked right away at bottom of building. Also try a Shadow, if you like Baileys you'll love this. The small water park was good aswell, only switched on for a couple of hours a day when we were there, no kids to go on it, so I took my opportunity when I saw some kids on it and had a slide!!! Loads of free sunbeds and free towels each day, no need to get up at crack of dawn. The small tractor train outside hotel was quick and easy to get into Belek but for us there wasn't much there, went to the market on a Saturday all "designer" labels for sale but you need to watch what you buy, I wanted L size undies for our son and when I got home he'd put m/l in my bag, luckily they do fit my son but they look really small. Vans trainers have the wrong uk size in them against the eur size and they are about a size bigger than ours, so buyer beware.

All in all excellent holiday and hotel, would have no hesitation in booking this hotel again. Thank you to all the staff, especially the lady in main bar who introduced me to those gorgeous Shadow drinks!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeasonedTraveller62

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 1.00am and were still greeted by warm friendly staff and a glass of champagne even at that time in the morning, we travelled with another couple and were shown to our rooms immediately. I had requested high floor rooms (I know they are only requests and cannot be guaranteed) but we were put on the ground level. We mentioned this to reception and were asked to contact them at 9.00am the following morning. We did this and a lovely lady (Alexandra) from guest relations showed us two further rooms, one on the seventh floor and one on the eighth. We actually decided to stay in our original room as the other two had single beds and no bath.

The cleanliness of this hotel and the attention to detail is first class, there were always people around cleaning and all the ataff are very friendly

I have stayed in lots of hotels in different countries around the world and there is always something wrong with either the water pressure or the heat of the water. This hotel is in a class of its own, water pressure very high the water temperature very sensitive to the controls and always hot. The shower head must have been at least 10 inches diameter and the best shower I have ever had. The toiletries were great, everything was there. We took our own toothbrushes, razor, shaving foam etc., but if there was anything you had forgotten, it was all supplied for you.

Minibar in the room, replenished daily.

We ate in two of the a la carte restaurants, the Chinese and the Pub for steak, the food in both was superb and it was nice to be waited on for a couple of nights. Having said that, the food in the main buffet restaurant and the restaurant by the beach where we had lunch every day was superb with loads of choices.

My only complaint during the week was that my husband asked the hotel to call a taxi for them to be taken to the Dunes golf course (which is at the next hotel, but we didn't know that at the time), the taxi took them a round about way and charged them 60 TL for the privilege and offered to give them a lift back for a further 40 TL. After they had played golf they asked the other hotel to call them a taxi back to Cornelia and the other hotel was amazed that they would want a taxi. They offered to take them to the beach in a golf cart and then our hotel was a 5 minute walk up the beach. I reported this to Reception and they immediately called the taxi company and the owner came to see me, but more or less accused me of lying as the fare should have been 15TL, he grudgingly refunded 20 TL, but wre still overcharged by 25 TL. The hotel should think twice about recommending this firm as they are ripping the hotel clientele off and I think this reflects badly on the hotel.

That's my rant over, so the only thing left to say is that we would definitely return to this hotel, everything about it was fantastic. The week went by far too quickly and I can't wait for next year's golf week. One last thing, we took Turkish Lire as advised by the travel agent. Absolutely no shops anywhere advertise prices in TL they are all in Euro, at the hotel, airport, local shops. Everyone has to convert from Euro into TL and I don't think the conversion rate was very favourable, so my tip would be to definitely take Euros

Room Tip: All three rooms that we saw were all lovely, but some have baths and some have double beds.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank holidaysRbest
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013